Options

GWF on Mod 4

124»

Comments

• Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    cerberobot wrote: »
    But a DPS GF can tank everything, regroup all the adds, and give huge buffs to his teammates.

No, he can't. A GF that is controlling adds and buffing his team is running Enforced Threat and Into the Fray, neither of which are DPS encounters. Into the Fray does zero damage and Enforced Threat hits 20 people but it isn't like the GF is dropping Mod 3 Shard when he uses it. That leaves the GF with one encounter slot with which to deal damage and that is probably going to be Lunging Strike for added utility. You simply cannot compare the DPS potential of the two classes in a dungeon because a GF in a T2 dungeon won't be running DPS encounters,

On the other hand the GWF will probably run Restoring Strike/Takedown-IBS-Come and Get It/Roar and due to the GFs aggo and buffing, he'll get 100% Combat Advantage. With the right encounters a GWF can keep Onslaught up 100% of the time. There is no ways that Enforced Threat + Into the Fray + 1 DPS encounter can match a GWF in Onslaught running a full DPS rotation.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    epclipseingmoonepclipseingmoon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I love the GWFs that think they are a tank class. You are a dps melee class while the gf is the tank class. I'm glad the devs fixed this particular issue.

If a gf out dpses you, then you are doing it wrong end of story...
    @dimensionallight
    Princess Amber - DC
    Shieldmaiden Amber - GF
    Valkyrie Amber - GWF
    Huntress Amber - HR
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i love the gwfs that think they are a tank class. You are a dps melee class while the gf is the tank class. I'm glad the devs fixed this particular issue.

amen...........
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    No, he can't. A GF that is controlling adds and buffing his team is running Enforced Threat and Into the Fray, neither of which are DPS encounters. Into the Fray does zero damage and Enforced Threat hits 20 people but it isn't like the GF is dropping Mod 3 Shard when he uses it. That leaves the GF with one encounter slot with which to deal damage and that is probably going to be Lunging Strike for added utility. You simply cannot compare the DPS potential of the two classes in a dungeon because a GF in a T2 dungeon won't be running DPS encounters,

On the other hand the GWF will probably run Restoring Strike/Takedown-IBS-Come and Get It/Roar and due to the GFs aggo and buffing, he'll get 100% Combat Advantage. With the right encounters a GWF can keep Onslaught up 100% of the time. There is no ways that Enforced Threat + Into the Fray + 1 DPS encounter can match a GWF in Onslaught running a full DPS rotation.

Well said! its funny how people think up some crazy scenario and then it become true.... :)
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I love the GWFs that think they are a tank class. You are a dps melee class while the gf is the tank class. I'm glad the devs fixed this particular issue.

then why the hell support class (CONTROL wizard) does more dps than a dps class ? while having about same hp, a bit less DR, range and having mobs ccd 90% of the time

cw should deal about same dmg as gf considering they both have about same level of utility
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited August 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    then why the hell support class (CONTROL wizard) does more dps than a dps class ? while having about same hp, a bit less DR, range and having mobs ccd 90% of the time

cw should deal about same dmg as gf considering they both have about same level of utility

It's too late now there are about 1/4 of people being CW, if you nerf damages to like a GF, they will all QQ and quit the game.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    cerberobot wrote: »
    It's too late now there are about 1/4 of people being CW, if you nerf damages to like a GF, they will all QQ and quit the game.

then they shouldnt cry about gwf being tanky and doing dmg
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ok.

1 - I did not say that the gf does more damage than gwf. I said he has potentially a higher burst damage. this is not anything particularly special talking (it was so in the past, and not the nerf to the gf, but the bleed that changed the history of gwf) the problem is to do this after hypocritically bring a heavy nerf to gwf under the pretense of separate dps / tank. is a example.

2 - insisting the issue is not the gwf compete with the gf. I never thought that one took the role of the other. the issue is the level of "deal" that both classes when they had received "modules" dedicated to them. I think no need to talk about.

3 - the most important thing here is: what gwf can do to the party. gf, control and increases substantially the damage of the party (Increase damage the party is doing damage through the party). cw is the cw. gwf dps is lower than ranger / warlock under the pretext that he is also an "off tank" (foolish said to justify another ****** work). the point is:

A - destroyer received nerf in resistance thus ceases to be "off tank" competent, and not really had its damage increased in due proportion (or specialized, which would have been better).

B - sentinel dont bring damage. like tank is a "off tank", no buffs, nothing. why you need this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>?
  • Options
    mxtimemxtime Member Posts: 316 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    there are very few gwf in the game right now
    90% of geared ones are actualy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> cws who are now back to play cw
    there are few good pve ones and very few pvp ones left
    i didnt see a good gwf in 30 games of pvp only broken cws
    and few nb with broken enchants

thats the state of gwf in mod 4
    only good ones will stick around
  • Options
    l33thaxxor1l33thaxxor1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited August 2014

It's not fixed because Destro. does not have the DPS in PVP to equal it's PvE prowess.

Instigator is rubbish and the whole tree should be scrapped, not re vamped. it will never be viable.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    mxtime wrote: »
    thats the state of gwf in mod 4
    only good ones will stick around

even good gwf can get tired of spending whole dd in /lfg without getting a singe dungeon, or might want to play a class that is optimal, gwf is back to mod1 atm or **** close to it
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm currently at page 9 with my pvp destro. I find it funny and challenging, but overall i think ranged DPS in pvp needs a fix. Or bugged powers/ feats/ gear increasing DPS too much. When a CW targets you with their broken DPS, any class- build melts like an ice cream under the sun.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    What ever was ninja nerfed last night has caused a 3million total pve dps loss for me in VT
  • Options
    nezraalnezraal Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    timesvolenttimesvolent Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I do not play GWF to be Sentinel. I play GWF to do big Melee Dps. I ran several dominations tonight and am very disappointed in PvP with destroyer. It's no longer viable at all. We have no control left to inflict damage fast enough to kill. I had serious difficulties landing IBS, most of the stuns from "takedown" and Frontline surge did not work against players with any tenacity. GWF Dest. are the new GF.

My GS went up to almost 20k but yet my health dropped significantly to 25k, and even with 4300 Defense I have 0 survivability.

Dev's need to UP burst DPS and shorten animations significantly on Dest. tree in order to offset the lack of control and staying power to make them competitive at all.

So sad to see the reason I loved the only class I played go, Already looking for a new game. I refuse to become a node holder in PvP and loose all my PvE damage. So much for balance with Dest. GWFs Dev's

Sorry but I call Bulldookie...
    I didn't even realize it was post Mod4 implementation earlier. Logged on, Q'd solo (as usual), and once in the match and fighting...
    ...my first thought as a IV/Destroyer, with +dam% feat on marked targets (5/5) and mostly Grim/Prof Instigator gear or equiv. to Prof was, "somethings different.. oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, the new mods live.. **** i just dropped that guy, oh and this guy, and oh now am so dropping this guy so i guess I'll just go kill that guy while I have about 10% hp left.."

=D IV Destroyer, I assure you, is with out a doubt in my mind due to practical actual experience, viable dude.

./Bow
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    For the love of all good WHATEVER! lololol... ^___^

I plan to do a second take when the server gets up in solo Domination matches as a IV/Dest (with a 15kgs of mainly Instigator Gear at Grim/Prof lvl). I did fine i thought earlier. But for you to say at 19.2... lol, MAN! I would melt so many faces with your gear lolol. =D)))
    I have a 19.2 GS and am now struggling to succeed in even the most basic T2 dungeons. Squishy is not even remotely a good description of what this class has become. Unstoppable is now a joke and useless in PVE. I could care less about PVP, I am glad that it is available for those who do, but it is discouraging when an entire class is restructured and essentialy made useless for the sake of "balance" in a secondary part of the game.

I really hope that the developers will consider the casual player who spend money playing this game and fix this class so it is viable in PVE. I am all for making things "balanced in PVP" and nerfing whatever floats your boat, but for the love of Ao leave the flipping classes that work in PVE alone and let us play. If it isnt broken in PVE quit trying to fix it.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I just want to say i solo Domination Q'd a couple matches earlier. And in all honesty, I love my GWF and will always (as near as I can see atm) will always Just play my IV/Dest (atm) GWF! =)

Ender
    15kGs
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    whoaw.. find out why and report back plz. (meaning which skills/or actions are now causing that loss)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Sorry but I call Bulldookie...
    I didn't even realize it was post Mod4 implementation earlier. Logged on, Q'd solo (as usual), and once in the match and fighting...
    ...my first thought as a IV/Destroyer, with +dam% feat on marked targets (5/5) and mostly Grim/Prof Instigator gear or equiv. to Prof was, "somethings different.. oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, the new mods live.. **** i just dropped that guy, oh and this guy, and oh now am so dropping this guy so i guess I'll just go kill that guy while I have about 10% hp left.."

=D IV Destroyer, I assure you, is with out a doubt in my mind due to practical actual experience, viable dude.

./Bow

You are queing alone...... DUH your going to smoke scrubs all day dude. Que up with your guild premade, or maybe your not good enough to get in one? S#&t changes real fast when you are fighting players equally or better geared than you. Think about it before you open your mouth.

I Q separately and can go 48-1-18 easy cause my gear score lets me hit 9-13k gs players for 25k when everything stacks. 16-19k is a totally different story bro, get your facts straight. All things being equal Destro= not viable.
  • Options
    tropicofcancer43tropicofcancer43 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    zankard wrote: »
    if you sacrifice everything for one role, you should be **** good at it, not mediocre. Yes, the GWF can still DPS, can still out-dps a freaking tank, but NOT another DPS spec toon like a CW. That's the problem, and that's why all LFMs ask for CWs once again like we're back in mod 1.

That ladies and gentlemen hits the nail on the head . GWF has no ranged at will and w/o a GF holding aggro on mobs the gwf spends his time running trying to stay alive because its too squishy to do what its supposed to do , melee DPS . GWF has to spend its time running while CW's , SW's , and HR's stay back in the cut building dot . The way threat is handled now helps but unless your a sentinel now your resigned to running until the rare CW casts arcane singularity at which time you can run in and smack them with your purse . Oddly enough my GWF actually does better now tanking a boss than before but as an aoe dps class the GWF has taken too many hits . Deep gash was too broken pre mod3 and needed to be fixed but IMO Cryptic has thrown the baby out with the bath water .