test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GWF on Mod 4

manurrinmanurrin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited September 2014 in The Militia Barracks
Hi, I've read there's gonna be a lot of nerf for both the CW and GWF but i can't find anywhere what are they going to do with the GWF i only read that GWF will recive a great nerf for PVP and a little Budd for PVP on one of their at-will powers, is this truth? or there is a huge nerf for GWF too i spending a lot of AD for my GWF since my CW is gonna get that insane nerf.Any help would be nice^^

Thanks everyone and sorry for my english msitakes :p
Post edited by manurrin on

Comments

• Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You can see some of the changes in the preview forum. But they are not set in stone and things change a few times before the live release for balancing. Best bet is to keep checking those forums and maybe creating a character on the preview server to test changes.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Best to just use pre-view as they have a habit of 1. reserving posts at the front for updates. 2. changing things and 3. posting about the change in the middle of a 100 page thread and not adding it to the reserved posts on page one. It is much quicker to just copy to preview, update preview, and scroll over each and every abilty and feat.
  • Options
    epclipseingmoonepclipseingmoon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    GWFS are only getting 1 minor ners unstoppable 15-30% dr

GWFS now get better stuns and get gfs tab ability added to their at-wills which is -20%dr to marked mob.

GWFS sprint also grants CC immume.

GWFS mod 4 will be fine really
    @dimensionallight
    Princess Amber - DC
    Shieldmaiden Amber - GF
    Valkyrie Amber - GWF
    Huntress Amber - HR
  • Options
    thaeorinthaeorin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Does that mean I will actually get to use my Titan set to tank? or am I staying in AoW?
  • Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    manurrin wrote: »
    Hi, I've read there's gonna be a lot of nerf for GWF

Yep.
    Unstoppable will not reduce the damage any more. (They reduced it from 50% to 5%. Why 5% and not zero? Beecause then they would have to rewrite the Unstoppable animation).
    All the Encounters are nerfed in terms of damage (roar, takedown,etc etc)
    Takedown encounter does nor take down any more. Hard to believe, nonsensical, yep, there are tens of posts by the community but the dev doesn't care.
    The new gear set will have an assist bonus.

To sum up, mod4 GWF has no damage, no def. Mod4 gwf is a squishy assist class, equipped with a wet towel. . Not at all on line with DnD? Yes, true, once again there are tons of posts by the community in the preview forum, but it seems that Cryptic does not have to follow DnD here.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    manurrinmanurrin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So, if CW get a huge nerf, GWF get a big nerf too...who will do the damage on Mod 4 PVE? HR? :S
  • Options
    cyencecyence Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    manurrin wrote: »
    ..who will do the damage on Mod 4 PVE? HR? :S
    All classes can contribute now? Oh no! balance!
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited August 2014

GWFS now get better stuns and get gfs tab ability added to their at-wills which is -20%dr to marked mob.

I would trade everything here back to they way it was.

There is nothing that they "gave" back that is superior to the way it was.

So ya, it should be considered nerfs. They had to give somethign back, in relation to what they took, or the class wouldnt be viable really.

Ill miss the current GWF alot, it was a blast. Neither was it OP.. it was OP in MoD 2 sent IV, now.. it was already much more balanced in this Mod.
  • Options
    marclovesvinamarclovesvina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lucifron44 wrote: »
    Yep.
    Unstoppable will not reduce the damage any more. (They reduced it from 50% to 5%. Why 5% and not zero? Beecause then they would have to rewrite the Unstoppable animation).
    All the Encounters are nerfed in terms of damage (roar, takedown,etc etc)
    Takedown encounter does nor take down any more. Hard to believe, nonsensical, yep, there are tens of posts by the community but the dev doesn't care.
    The new gear set will have an assist bonus.

To sum up, mod4 GWF has no damage, no def. Mod4 gwf is a squishy assist class, equipped with a wet towel. . Not at all on line with DnD? Yes, true, once again there are tons of posts by the community in the preview forum, but it seems that Cryptic does not have to follow DnD here.

Unstoppable is now gives 15-30% DR, not 5-10%.
  • Options
    marclovesvinamarclovesvina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I really like this Mod, everything is balanced! GWFs can choose either to be a TANK or a DPS, unlike the other mods that you can do both.
  • Options
    spaghettinerusspaghettinerus Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    PvE

Even better than before tbh, just ensure to run all your dungeons with a friendly GF in order to have they mark every target you're going to hit.

PvP

Damage dealing wise the situation improved even more, but at a harsh cost, the difficulty of landing your skills properly. Threatening Rush being limited to 3 charges and Takedown/Frontline Surge stunning rather than proning means that you're going to do a lot of running (hence why the sprint cost reduction and the cc immunity while using it).

It shouldn't be too much a concern on its own, but you gotta examine this situation considering who you're going to face: good CWs will be able to wreck you keeping you at bay and not receiving a single hit, HRs will just run in circles while dotting you to death, GFs will tank your damage upfront with the shield while throwing you around like a puppet, TRs will jump like rabbits without the worry of getting caught and DCs will never die if you can't hold them from using their skills properly. (Not considering Warlock, I don't know it)

Obviously everything needs a double check, but imo the GWF will no longer be a class capable of point holding, rather a support guy who one shots people while doubling.

---

P.S. Sooner or later most GWFs will realize that their only reliable gap closer is ALSO their only reliable prone, Savage Advance. So just prepare yourself for "LOCK-ON" toons that either get you like a f* missile or die in the dumbest ways.
    Robbin' In Da Hood - HR stands for "Hate (is) Real"

7 years old PC, connection laggy as sh--, be afraid & get rekt
  • Options
    epclipseingmoonepclipseingmoon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lol at the comment above.... GWFs have GF marks added to their at-wills.......
    @dimensionallight
    Princess Amber - DC
    Shieldmaiden Amber - GF
    Valkyrie Amber - GWF
    Huntress Amber - HR
  • Options
    spaghettinerusspaghettinerus Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lol at the comment above.... GWFs have GF marks added to their at-wills.......

I'm well aware of the mark threatening rush applies, but currently other than that there are zero reasons to stay IV in PvE, so I'd rather be Swordmaster on my PvE GWF and have a partied GF mark things in my place.
    Robbin' In Da Hood - HR stands for "Hate (is) Real"

7 years old PC, connection laggy as sh--, be afraid & get rekt
  • Options
    arcanaxearcanaxe Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    silverkelt wrote: »
    GWF alot, it was a blast. Neither was it OP.. it was OP in MoD 2 sent IV, now.. it was already much more balanced in this Mod.

By balanced you mean every second GWF abusing roar to and extend the it cleared out a lot of PVP players. Then yes.
  • Options
    nezraalnezraal Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

1. Sprint CC has a start up time, most GWF will be CCed way before that. Oh did I mention our threatening rush now gets 3 charges with 9 sec cd instead of infinite rush.

2. Taking away prone and giving stun is not a boost it's a NARF. If you don't understand the difference, ask.

3. All other classes have stronger boosts and immunity.

4. Our encounter damages are way lower now. Oh we can't land them anymore *SHOCK* - the doohikey gives more damage than ALL our encounters minus IBS.

5. GWF is the weakest PvP unplayable class, but don't worry ALL GWF will be quitting soon or re-rolling to an OP HR, GF or CW

* when that happens GF will also be nerfed and the only 2 classes that will be playing are CW and HR shooting each other from a distance. (unless you know Neverwinter dies because of the lack of a solid melee class)

Try GWF on a preview, if you don't have one - stop yapping.
    GWF - R.I.P.

Good day :)
  • Options
    kromrylkromryl Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nezraal wrote: »
    1. Sprint CC has a start up time, most GWF will be CCed way before that. Oh did I mention our threatening rush now gets 3 charges with 9 sec cd instead of infinite rush.

2. Taking away prone and giving stun is not a boost it's a NARF. If you don't understand the difference, ask.

3. All other classes have stronger boosts and immunity.

4. Our encounter damages are way lower now. Oh we can't land them anymore *SHOCK* - the doohikey gives more damage than ALL our encounters minus IBS.

5. GWF is the weakest PvP unplayable class, but don't worry ALL GWF will be quitting soon or re-rolling to an OP HR, GF or CW

* when that happens GF will also be nerfed and the only 2 classes that will be playing are CW and HR shooting each other from a distance. (unless you know Neverwinter dies because of the lack of a solid melee class)

Try GWF on a preview, if you don't have one - stop yapping.
    GWF - R.I.P.

Good day :)

After Thursday we'll all be walking with tails between our legs after being neutered saying "I used to be somebody".

• Options
    jeffro9000jeffro9000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Dear PvP GWFs,

Please press 2 mason jars to your face directly below your eyes so that your tears may be collected. Then mail them to me so I can start filling my bathtub.
    Jeffro, DC
    Jeffrina Jones, GWF
    Jeffrodo, CW
    Jeffrogue, Rog
    Jelfro, GF
    Jeffrogolas Do'Urden, HR
    Jeffrodo Jaggins, SW
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It shouldn't be too much a concern on its own, but you gotta examine this situation considering who you're going to face: good CWs will be able to wreck you keeping you at bay and not receiving a single hit, HRs will just run in circles while dotting you to death, GFs will tank your damage upfront with the shield while throwing you around like a puppet, TRs will jump like rabbits without the worry of getting caught and DCs will never die if you can't hold them from using their skills properly. (Not considering Warlock, I don't know it)

That's the way it's always been with me.

How does the IV Destroyer (glass cannon) look for PvE? Or SM Destroyer?

I've been so busy watching the destruction of my Renegade CW that I haven't been able to keep up with the GWF changes.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jeffro9000 wrote: »
    Dear PvP GWFs,

Please press 2 mason jars to your face directly below your eyes so that your tears may be collected. Then mail them to me so I can start filling my bathtub.
    Sorry to read that you are obviously taking enjoyment in the frustration of others. Albeit I believe everyone can adapt and make some changes to still enjoy the game in both PvP and PvE.

To each their own I suppose... Many thanks for the quality, and highly productive, post! :rolleyes:

may-you-live-in-interesting-times1.png
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    zuthuulzuthuul Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Honestly, I think we'll be fine. Sure we've gotten a bit of a damage decrease and it will be harder for us to land our hits, but that's where the fun comes in. Now we actually have to use *GASP* skill to kill our enemies rather than a roar bug, an a P. Vorpal proc on IBS. Honestly, PvP and PvE got boring when I was topping the charts in kills and damage. We lost the challenge aspect to our class and now we have it back. No, we can't eat damage like we used to, so we'll need to think of new and unique ways to overcome new obstacles. I'm actually a bit excited for the changes seeing that I'll need to switch to different encounters and dailies.

I'm with Kolatmaster on this: we can adapt and overcome

Dragon Server

Ragnos Fireborn - 18.7k GWF Half-Elf
    Eva Darkblood - 13.8k TR Elf
    Venger Force of Evil - 13.7k CW Tiefling
    Azaghal Belegost - 16.5k GF Dwarf
    Drak'ar - 13.3k HR Drow
    Roghthar Darkspawn - 11.5k SW Human
  • Options
    fuglymookfuglymook Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    IV Destroyer PVE is dead but Sword Master Destroyer PVE is now fun and does good damage. I am using Daring Shout, Flurry, and IBS as my encounters and Sure Strike and Weapon Master's Strike as my At-Wills. My dailies are Slam and Savage Advance to take advantage of them being feated in Destroyer Tree. I have opted to go with Endless Consumption over Rampaging Madness boon to offset Unstoppable NERF and with Daring Shout I build Determination very quickly so I am in Unstoppable most of the time.
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    zuthuul wrote: »
    we'll be fine. the fun comes in. I'm actually a bit excited we can adapt and overcome

Wise guy, tell us again which powers get buffs in the destroyer path? Yes, it's roar, takedow, battle fury and ibs.
    When the devs create a mod4 that 100% contradicts the way a paragon is designed, then words like "we can adapt and overcome" or "I'm actually a bit excited" are just trolls, and have to be discarded.

gwf in mod4? Either RP (roleplay) or RIP (rest in peace). Our last hope is a free respec into another class. Any other.

zuthuul wrote: »
    we can't eat damage we'll need to think of new and unique ways to overcome new obstacles
    Unique way? There are more than that:
    respect into CW
    respect into GF
    respect into Scourge
    respect into HR
    respect into DC
    respect into TR
  • Options
    kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think a lot of GWF who have only played the class in Mod 2 and 3 are pissed about the changes because they have been spoiled by the God-Mode GWF that has become the norm and don't want to have to say goodbye to it. Most of these people are players who take the fast route to winning in the easiest way possible in every game they play. These are the players that every GWF insult on the forums for the last 3 months have been aimed at. They face-roll , keyboard-smash, talk smack, and think they're better. When I say I'm excited for Mod 4, part of it has to do with all of these bandwagon players leaving the GWF community.

I think other GWF can remember what the class was like for Launch and Mod 1. They know what its like to be the weakest class in the fight, and while maybe they've enjoyed their power through M2+3, I think many of us are ready to say goodbye to EZ mode. I always found being the underdog to be the funnest part of the class- success earned instead of given. The prospect of returning to the underdog class is what excites me most.
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    kolevra wrote: »
    I think a lot of GWF who have only played the class in Mod 2 and 3 are pissed about the changes because they have been spoiled by the God-Mode GWF that has become the norm and don't want to have to say goodbye to it. Most of these people are players who take the fast route to winning in the easiest way possible in every game they play. These are the players that every GWF insult on the forums for the last 3 months have been aimed at. They face-roll , keyboard-smash, talk smack, and think they're better. When I say I'm excited for Mod 4, part of it has to do with all of these bandwagon players leaving the GWF community.

I think other GWF can remember what the class was like for Launch and Mod 1. They know what its like to be the weakest class in the fight, and while maybe they've enjoyed their power through M2+3, I think many of us are ready to say goodbye to EZ mode. I always found being the underdog to be the funnest part of the class- success earned instead of given. The prospect of returning to the underdog class is what excites me most.

But back in pre module 1 people knew we were underpowered. Now you still read people talking as if gwfs will still be op in module 4. So we get the ubernerf plus must deal with haters/ whiners. No peace, really... :-/
  • Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Sorry to read that you are obviously taking enjoyment in the frustration of others. Albeit I believe everyone can adapt and make some changes to still enjoy the game in both PvP and PvE.

To each their own I suppose... Many thanks for the quality, and highly productive, post! :rolleyes:

may-you-live-in-interesting-times1.png

I like how you think man i gave up long ago trying to calm down the doomsayers in the HR thread just learn and adapt
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Didn't GWFs recently get buffed? I saw one beat a GF on the preview shard. The guardian was in rank 10s and BiS gear; and the GWF didn't even drop below 50%.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    runonnike wrote: »
    Didn't GWFs recently get buffed? I saw one beat a GF on the preview shard. The guardian was in rank 10s and BiS gear; and the GWF didn't even drop below 50%.

Then the gf must've been really bad. We'll see when this stuff goes live. Just hope gwf haters and whiners will slowly calm down.
  • Options
    mxtimemxtime Member Posts: 316 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    kolevra wrote: »

yup i played mod 1 gwf glass cannon 30khp hehe
    class was underdog but i enjoyed it more then mod 2 so i quit
    i like the use of flourish ,sprint , counting dodges was fun
  • Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    runonnike wrote: »

Maybe the GF was AFK.
    Mod4 gwf is hopeless, yet in some way the unplayability itself may be welcome by old players. Because their gs is 19k and the game is designed for 10k classes. So, for them, nerfed means "back to 10k", it's like playing a fresh lvl 60 from another class. It's like in Skyrim when your char over-levels the game you start giving yourself a challenge. "Ok I won't use the shouts, and just use the stuff I loot, no crafting or enchanting".
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    k9madrushk9madrush Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Hah! I can hear a lot of whining! I can read a lot of complains, guys the proper word for all this changes is BALANCE, the devs is BALANCING the game. I know a lot of NW players rolled GWF and CW because it is overpowering compared to other class.