test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF pve dps in mod 4

zankardzankard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2014 in The Militia Barracks
So what are your opinions on this? My tests showed that yet again CW are in a different league. Have not grouped with any high geared HR. Where does your GWF stand? Are you ok with your DPS output?
Post edited by zankard on

Comments

• bensupremacybensupremacy Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    zankard wrote: »
    So what are your opinions on this? My tests showed that yet again CW are in a different league. Have not grouped with any high geared HR. Where does your GWF stand? Are you ok with your DPS output?

I use a Iron Vanguard DPS build, sincerely I don't know if change in sword master or not.

What do you think about?
  • zankardzankard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I use a Iron Vanguard DPS build, sincerely I don't know if change in sword master or not.

What do you think about?

I've been testing for 2 days with both paragons. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but contrary to what most say I still find my DPS better on IV path. Tried combinations of WMS+WS, only WMS and only WS. Even with the WMS feat, the pure WS setup seemed to be doing the most damage. Wish we could get some more input from more GWFs on this.
  • bensupremacybensupremacy Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've been testing for 2 days with both paragons. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but contrary to what most say I still find my DPS better on IV path. Tried combinations of WMS+WS, only WMS and only WS. Even with the WMS feat, the pure WS setup seemed to be doing the most damage. Wish we could get some more input from more GWFs on this.

So do you prefer sword master?
  • daisojindaisojin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2014

no,not ok. gwf stands now as tanky with absolutely no attack power or squishy and weak. i feel like a little squirrel that has to run away at any sign of danger. we should be renamed now to great weapon runners as there is little actual fighting going on anymore and swords are just in the way it seems.
    edited August 2014
    I just don't get how they managed to rework so much of the classes and still get a worse balance than mod 3. Just look at the LFM requests and it's the same old story again...
  • l33thaxxor1l33thaxxor1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited August 2014
    Sword master is still <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, it did not get the buffs in Damage needed to out weigh the loss in DPS through the long animations SM has.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've only run ToS, but my 16K gs, 29K hp IV Destroyer had no problems surviving. I easily beat 2 CWs in damage, but they were only 10 and 11K
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I have run about 50 dungeons since mod 4..including around 20 CN runs..
    My GWF is close to BiS...with a GS close to 20k..'for a GWF I do extremely high dps.. Stack 13k base power..
    Now from my experience a top CW will do around 20% more dps than my GWF... You have 0 chance in beating them.. And they can do that while perm freezing adds.. It's insane
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I just don't get how they managed to rework so much of the classes and still get a worse balance than mod 3. Just look at the LFM requests and it's the same old story again...

fail is their speciality

the funny thing is many cw cry how weak and overnerfed they are lol
    Paladin Master Race
    edited August 2014
    pandapaul wrote: »
    My GWF is close to BiS...with a GS close to 20k..'for a GWF I do extremely high dps.. Stack 13k base power..
    Now from my experience a top CW will do around 20% more dps than my GWF... You have 0 chance in beating them.. And they can do that while perm freezing adds.. It's insane

It's the same old "we got the control, we also got the dps" story all over again. It was a bit better in mod 3, but I guess they had to step backwards once again.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    pandapaul wrote: »

this is not insanity, that is anti professionalism of the company.

"Control Wizards filled too many roles in groups and were more often than not the “right” choice for a group over other class, and this was very frustrating for people who played other classes. Given this we took a long look at how powerful their AoE was and how their various powers compared to each other. We decided to rebalance most of their powers to be more competitive with each other and much more in line with other classes."

"Overall the changes will leave Control Wizards with more direct competition in group content and will let them more strongly fill the position of controlling all the foes on the battle field or doing heavy damage, but not both at once."

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/6008053-module-4-dev-blog%3A-class-balancing

someone explain?
    edited August 2014
    zacazu wrote: »
    this is not insanity, that is anti professionalism of the company.

"Control Wizards filled too many roles in groups and were more often than not the “right” choice for a group over other class, and this was very frustrating for people who played other classes. Given this we took a long look at how powerful their AoE was and how their various powers compared to each other. We decided to rebalance most of their powers to be more competitive with each other and much more in line with other classes."

"Overall the changes will leave Control Wizards with more direct competition in group content and will let them more strongly fill the position of controlling all the foes on the battle field or doing heavy damage, but not both at once."

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/6008053-module-4-dev-blog%3A-class-balancing

someone explain?

Add SW on top of the mix, which seem to be even stronger than CWs, and there you have it. Balance, ladies and gentlemen. This is sad.
    edited August 2014
    sw have close to no utility(in dmg spec) so its ok, cw just have too much dmg for the utility they provide
    Paladin Master Race
    edited August 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    sw have close to no utility(in dmg spec) so its ok, cw just have too much dmg for the utility they provide

True, but what kind of utility does the dmg spec GWF bring to the party? Sounds fair..
    edited August 2014
    IF bf works, I'd be doing good damage and increasing by 13% the damage of party (5%bf+8%mark). nothing more? nothing more, but is fine.

gwf is a good class in paper. but only in paper

my ibs non critical hit by 44k (solo), sure strike by 8/10k... and using multiplicative bonus with gf/dc ... god...

Tests with "8900" power basis (r8/r7). now i have 9600.

but... the critical severity dont work. so... only in paper. the class is REALLY strong... in paper. that is the ***** problem.

in fact if you choose for dps, against 1-5, gwf are "dps beasts". in paper...
    edited August 2014
    BF sucks big time...
    edited August 2014
    True, but what kind of utility does the dmg spec GWF bring to the party? Sounds fair..

gwf can group mobs with come and get it - i used it often when cw spammed shard and knocked mobs around, + gwf is self sufficient and doesnt need much from party where sw should need peel

gwf and sw SHOULD be close in dps doing about 150% of cw dmg if pve were balanced, gwf doing more dps in perfect conditions but a bit less if hes forced to dodge, and if they fixed storm spell it might be closer to that
    Paladin Master Race
    edited August 2014
    BF sucks big time...

but is potentially good. depending on the build you make a battle fury for example will ensure something like the base damage of power.

for example. a wms with battle fury (x3 dummies) increases the damage of wms in 800/900. this is precisely the base damage of my Atwill. considering a ibs for example, should be (need test) increasing 7k, again, the base damage of my ibs.

the problem is: critical or not critical this value is added to the damage.

this is precisely the same bug that happened with the destroyer porpose (m3 preview) . and this bug was fixed.

but certain things do not make sense to me. to the cancellation of the sure strike was fixed BEFORE adjust this bug in destroyer porpose .

2-3 encounters of"relentless battle fury" suffered nerfs / adjustments now; but battle fury? no...
  • cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited August 2014
    Anyway, with the huge CW DPS and the huge GF damage boost, GWF is just not needed anymore, everywhere (and the only times I connect, I only see "LF4M 3 CW 1 GF CN 15k+ exp"
    edited August 2014
    ah, cw is a combat designer fetish (or the fetish of the person who hinders their work.). and now this is a point of no return.

the "status quo" is not a class, it is a person. over a year playing it, seems something obvious. It is not "accidental".

I just want my gwf working. this is my "fetish".
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I did the MotH skirmish.
    17,8K GS, Greater PF
    a HR with 13,8K GS and lesser PF did 60% more damage.

No comment.
    edited August 2014
    cerberobot wrote: »
    Anyway, with the huge CW DPS and the huge GF damage boost, GWF is just not needed anymore, everywhere (and the only times I connect, I only see "LF4M 3 CW 1 GF CN 15k+ exp"

Yep. Optimal group right now is 4 CW 1 GF and soon the SW will be what the GWF should also be, and perhaps you might see 2 CW 2 SW 1 GF.
    edited August 2014
    dezstravus wrote: »
    One of the primary questions we received was regarding the design goal of the Great Weapon Fighter. From a systems design perspective, the Great Weapon Fighter is designed to be a class that excels at AoE DPS and taking hits while providing a bit of control to the fight.

by the way..
    edited August 2014
    who is "dezstravus", and what is the hospice where he lives??
    edited August 2014
    I did the MotH skirmish.
    17,8K GS, Greater PF
    a HR with 13,8K GS and lesser PF did 60% more damage.

No comment.

yes, the situation is out of control. I did some dungeons with my dc and ran with sw / hr (9-13k); looked like I was in a party with 18k/ perfect vorpal. the genius of the dev had the following reasoning about the ranger:the gwf on your tree destroyer is powerful because of some feets, which together increase the damage of the class at "100%". then I will increase the damage of the ranger at "100%" and we have a balance. the problem is that the base damage of the ranger has always been 40% higher than ours and dont depend on a stack system ..

this guy does not even know it.

but, hei, we are "off tank".
  • letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yes, the situation is out of control. I did some dungeons with my dc and ran with sw / hr (9-13k); looked like I was in a party with 18k/ perfect vorpal. the genius of the dev had the following reasoning about the ranger:the gwf on your tree destroyer is powerful because of some feets, which together increase the damage of the class at "100%". then I will increase the damage of the ranger at "100%" and we have a balance. the problem is that the base damage of the ranger has always been 40% higher than ours and dont depend on a stack system ..

this guy does not even know it.

but, hei, we are "off tank".

F tank I would level a turtle GF if I want one,
    I made my GWF for rampaging purposes.
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
    edited August 2014
    F tank I would level a turtle GF if I want one,
    I made my GWF for rampaging purposes.

me too. was a joke about an alleged "accumulation of functions" that would justify gwf have less damage (tough yes, "defender", never).

obviously this was nonsense invented by gfs / cw it, or wanted a buff to their respective class or wished to maintain the hegemony + dev justification of trying to assess his bad job.

cretin player + combat designer dishonest and "fanboy" = this ...

the irony is that cw is a much better control than before and keep doing brutal damage. the gf is a leader actually much better than the real leader (dc) defender and has potentially a larger bursts of damage that the destroyer (I will not even talk about instigator / sentinel).
    edited August 2014
    me too. was a joke about an alleged "accumulation of functions" that would justify gwf have less damage (tough yes, "defender", never).

obviously this was nonsense invented by gfs / cw it, or wanted a buff to their respective class or wished to maintain the hegemony + dev justification of trying to assess his bad job.

cretin player + combat designer dishonest and "fanboy" = this ...

the irony is that cw is a much better control than before and keep doing brutal damage. the gf is a leader actually much better than the real leader (dc) defender and has potentially a larger bursts of damage that the destroyer (I will not even talk about instigator / sentinel).

There has to be a reason for this. Otherwise it just doesn't make sense. I know balancing is hard, but blatantly obvious things as this only take 10 mins to figure something's not right. Perhaps the whales are mostly CWs? Devs have their own characters that are also CWs? One thing is sure, after a year of being the same this is certainly not random.

edit: back on topic about the gwf dps: well, it's dead. 14k SWs without boons beat my fully dps focused 19k char, HRs do also.
    edited August 2014
    by the way.... someone explain this to me: my damage is 25000, I have 150% critical severity. as it should be my critical damage?

cgi_zps66bd8e17.jpg

ignoring the cgi be calculating the damage parallel (which can be a BIG problem) well .. .perhaps gwf is the only weak and I'm insisting that there is an error which does not exist.
    edited August 2014
    Well, I think we said enough here. The goal of this post was mainly to get some feedback from GWFs, but by now everyone knows what the situation is. Don't hold hopes, I did for months, they won't change a thing.