test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

game crashing on cryptic loading screen on start

Comments

• socks133socks133 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Mine crashes halfway through loading on cryptic screen. Changed options to force verify and the one with on demand patching and neither worked. So long celestial coins...
  • joaorox13joaorox13 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    + 1.
    Same Problem over here .
  • zankardzankard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Confirmed it's finally working on me. I hope I could help out but I seriously have no clue as to how this got fixed and it's driving me crazy. I had this issue since the preview, I never managed to play on this computer, got the same problem today, and after re-opening the launcher several times with admin rights or not, finally on last run with admin rights it did some extra patching and it went past the loading screen for the first time and everything worked. This is all I've got :/
  • blueboxerblueboxer Member Posts: 34
    edited August 2014
    petestarks wrote: »
    No luck with that over here. I have turned off every graphics setting and tried different combinations to get the same crash over and over.
    Yup. safe mode crashes as bad as normal mode for me too. Obviously it wasn't the same problem, just one that had the same effect. I've tried safe mode on and off, full screen on and off, patch on demand on and off, about a dozen tries across 2 computers and no joy.
  • socks133socks133 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This may or may not be helpful... I used to log in to neverwinter with the neverwinter shortcut from the program folder rather than the arc launcher. I've found that today, I can log in using the arc launcher then clicking play, which takes me to the login screen (which appears identical to what I get when I use the "direct" neverwinter shortcut). It has successfully loaded using arc twice. I tried my direct shortcut once more to see if it was just a temporary error, but it crashes again when I try that route. Perhaps the new patch either purposefully or coincidentally "breaks" the shortcut and forces you to use arc?
  • kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    socks133 wrote: »
    Mine crashes halfway through loading on cryptic screen. Changed options to force verify and the one with on demand patching and neither worked. So long celestial coins...

Don't forget you can log in to the gateway and complete the Celestial Temple quest. This refreshes the invoke timer, adding another 30 hours.
    qtPt2I
  • petestarkspetestarks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I FOUND A SOLUTION!!!!

Bite the bullet and uninstall the game from add/remove programs. Reboot for good measure and then go into Arc to redownload/install it again. It took about 1.5 hours to download the 6 gigs of data, but it worked!

The issue I had was happening on windows 7 where I could load the character selection screen, but when trying to load a character it would crash before hitting 100%. I assume the patching process must of broke some important files from the base Neverwinter install. I can't say this will fix everyone, but I believe it will fix more than a few. Let me know how you guys make out and good luck! :)

P.S... I understand this is the nuclear option and it most likely is just 1 or 2 bad files. While downloading and reinstalling 6GB is drastic at least it works until we know the exact files that are getting broken.
    edited August 2014
    socks133 wrote: »
    This may or may not be helpful... I used to log in to neverwinter with the neverwinter shortcut from the program folder rather than the arc launcher. I've found that today, I can log in using the arc launcher then clicking play, which takes me to the login screen (which appears identical to what I get when I use the "direct" neverwinter shortcut). It has successfully loaded using arc twice. I tried my direct shortcut once more to see if it was just a temporary error, but it crashes again when I try that route. Perhaps the new patch either purposefully or coincidentally "breaks" the shortcut and forces you to use arc?

I almost wish that was the case, but others have said they're having the same problem with arc. I might try downloading arc tomorrow, but I hate installing yet *another* piece of software I don't need, just to get the game to launch.
    I use arc and the game keeps crashing, it's never done this before, I hit play, looks like it's going to work then it crashes and I get an error "fatal error"direct3d driver returned error code (dfderr_deviceremoved)while locking sprite index buffer" just did it for my tenth time. I verified the files as well
    qtPt2I
  • magoguitarristamagoguitarrista Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105
    edited August 2014
    Update your video drivers
    Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\Neverwinter_en\localdata and delete the "gamepref.pref" file
    then go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\live\localdata and delete the same file (game prefer.pref)
    At least that works for me
    PSDT: Dont worry the file only contains the settings preference of your games such as Game resolution, render, music volume, etc,etc ,etc...
    Greetings.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm running the newest drivers available. Last night I tried turning off patching on demand and let it re-download the entire 6Gb. It still crashes two ticks into the CRYPTIC loading bar.

Edit: it still crashes at the same point after today's patch. I wish I could at least see what data the crash reporter was collecting so I could investigate it at my end. If I can patch Windows successfully I think I could learn at least something if I had something to work with!
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    edited August 2014
    Update your video drivers
    Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\Neverwinter_en\localdata and delete the "gamepref.pref" file
    then go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\live\localdata and delete the same file (game prefer.pref)
    At least that works for me
    PSDT: Dont worry the file only contains the settings preference of your games such as Game resolution, render, music volume, etc,etc ,etc...
    Greetings.

I updated my graphics drivers, it didn't help. I've run the game in safe mode, didn't help. I've taken the game out of full screen mode, didn't help. This morning's patch didn't help. Looks like I have to try the uninstall/reinstall route. :[
    qtPt2I
  • boghy89boghy89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And as always the lack of care from Cryptic is shameful, there are so many other ppl who cant play theyr freakin game anymore and they just talk bout zen store and packs
  • idontwinitskkidontwinitskk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    kwsapphire wrote: »
    I updated my graphics drivers, it didn't help. I've run the game in safe mode, didn't help. I've taken the game out of full screen mode, didn't help. This morning's patch didn't help. Looks like I have to try the uninstall/reinstall route. :[

Reinstalling does not help either.

This is nothing more than Cryptic doing nothing to fix this crash on preview for ages and now it made it into live.They definatelly screwed up something when it comes to graphics,i'm seeing people report all sorts of graphic glitches and stuttering after the patch.

I was never able to log on preview and test mod 4 because of this crash(i do not own an 8 core cpu like they tried to make it sound was the root of the problem) and now it's crashing on live too.What i did notice after reinstalling is that the monitor calibration screen that you need to manually skip yourself flashes for one second then dissapears and the client almost instantly crashes afterwards.

They f**ked something up and never fixed it not even with today's patch.Pray they figure out there's a problem soon.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    boghy89 wrote: »
    And as always the lack of care from Cryptic is shameful, there are so many other ppl who cant play theyr freakin game anymore and they just talk bout zen store and packs

yeah it is a shame they did not even post something in this thread and this is huge problem for big number of players and it is not fixed with today patch so we will be very far behind others players and we lost first 2 days all ready and looks like we will lose 2 more since i doubt there will be any patches for weekend so even if they fix it next week it will be to late we will way to far form other players and we lost huge amount of ad we could earn in first week since prices are the best then
    edited August 2014
    Reinstalling does not help either.

This is nothing more than Cryptic doing nothing to fix this crash on preview for ages and now it made it into live.They definatelly screwed up something when it comes to graphics,i'm seeing people report all sorts of graphic glitches and stuttering after the patch.

I was never able to log on preview and test mod 4 because of this crash(i do not own an 8 core cpu like they tried to make it sound was the root of the problem) and now it's crashing on live too.What i did notice after reinstalling is that the monitor calibration screen that you need to manually skip yourself flashes for one second then dissapears and the client almost instantly crashes afterwards.

They f**ked something up and never fixed it not even with today's patch.Pray they figure out there's a problem soon.

yeah this is bug was on test server for last 4 or so weeks and they still brought it to live server :(
  • rigrinrigrin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Again, crash in cryptic screen
  • bluangelukbluangeluk Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same here, still crashing on Cryptic screen. Customer services have been less than helpful, telling me to try everything that I've already tried (and told them about!). *huge sigh*
    "Here's a circle... I'm not sure it's a real circle, so don't trust it too much!" Idril (AoGlyph)
    9abea38.png
  • iegniegn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ROFL

I'm running @ 16bit color.
    I get an error called "Run32bitOrDie" everytime i log in (THIS IS TRUE!!!!) but it has fixed it for me.

Right-click your desktop and change the visual settings if you want to try it. YES the game looks awful.
    1. I'm colorblind anyway so i don't really care;
    2. At least it runs.

Rick.

By the way: Red areas now appear as an outlining thing. The cone itself isn't red, just the borders of it.
    Game requires a LOT of attention to be played decently, but then again, it does work, which is more than happened before.
  • idontwinitskkidontwinitskk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    iegn wrote: »
    ROFL

I'm running @ 16bit color.
    I get an error called "Run32bitOrDie" everytime i log in (THIS IS TRUE!!!!) but it has fixed it for me.

Right-click your desktop and change the visual settings if you want to try it. YES the game looks awful.
    1. I'm colorblind anyway so i don't really care;
    2. At least it runs.

Rick.

While i can confirm the awesome run32bit error,that did not help either not that it would be acceptable in any way shape or form if it did.
  • rogueazurynrogueazuryn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    petestarks wrote: »
    I FOUND A SOLUTION!!!!

Bite the bullet and uninstall the game from add/remove programs. Reboot for good measure and then go into Arc to redownload/install it again. It took about 1.5 hours to download the 6 gigs of data, but it worked!

The issue I had was happening on windows 7 where I could load the character selection screen, but when trying to load a character it would crash before hitting 100%. I assume the patching process must of broke some important files from the base Neverwinter install. I can't say this will fix everyone, but I believe it will fix more than a few. Let me know how you guys make out and good luck! :)

P.S... I understand this is the nuclear option and it most likely is just 1 or 2 bad files. While downloading and reinstalling 6GB is drastic at least it works until we know the exact files that are getting broken.

Did that with no effect. Still crashing on Cryptic load screen.
    edited August 2014
    Is anyone else getting this message: "Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to Patch Server: The connection was idle for too long." ??
    "Here's a circle... I'm not sure it's a real circle, so don't trust it too much!" Idril (AoGlyph)
    9abea38.png
  • adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    bluangeluk wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting this message: "Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to Patch Server: The connection was idle for too long." ??

Maybe turn 'on demand patching' off for a moment?
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
    edited August 2014
    I spent 4 hours trying that last night. :)
    9abea38.png
    edited August 2014
    While i can confirm the awesome run32bit error,that did not help either not that it would be acceptable in any way shape or form if it did.

yep dose not work for me to
  • blueboxerblueboxer Member Posts: 34
    edited August 2014
    Still crashes after the patch :-(

Did you guys just hire somebody named Fernando?
  • ciro33ciro33 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hi.
    I tried this too and didn´t work. I have windows 7 and the game crashed before selection character screen. I changed nvidia driver to older and ran, but now the graphics are the worse, all pixeled, with same graphic options.
    edited August 2014
    Okay uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling from scratch seems to have worked for me. Yes, graphics settings were reset, but at least now I've gotten to the character select screen. I'll update if the game crashes again but I'm pretty happy that I got past the Cryptic load screen!
    qtPt2I
    edited August 2014
    kwsapphire wrote: »
    Okay uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling from scratch seems to have worked for me. Yes, graphics settings were reset, but at least now I've gotten to the character select screen. I'll update if the game crashes again but I'm pretty happy that I got past the Cryptic load screen!

Were you running game through Arc?
    9abea38.png
  • kepikahunakepikahuna Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well I had the same problem, crashing at the Cryptic logo screen.

Logged in via Arc, launched the game launcher and force verfied. After that, everything seemed to work. Got a message that my graphics settings had been reset to default, but it's all good :cool:
  • snakefisttttsnakefistttt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hello ppl, ive got this crash after update today, but fixed deleding \Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\Live\piggs the DATA.hogg and worked for me. I hope fix to you! Sry for my bad english, its not my leanguage. See u!