What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

game crashing on cryptic loading screen on start

warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
game is still crashing on start up soon it reaches cryptic loading screen

i got win 7 64bit, intel q8400 cpu,gtx 550 ti gpu and i use last nvidia drivers

i just tested it when patched game since we do not need servers to be live for this
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    But there will be an updated patch file when the servers do come back up. So you may need to wait until patching is completely finished and servers come back up, then patch your game client, then try to play.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    But there will be an updated patch file when the servers do come back up. So you may need to wait until patching is completely finished and servers come back up, then patch your game client, then try to play.

it is still crashing :(
  • Options
    rogueazurynrogueazuryn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I am having the same issue. It was working fine before the patch.
  • Options
    boredinflboredinfl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same issue here. Everything was 100% fine before the patch and now I can't play at all.
  • Options
    stretch611stretch611 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I am also having the same problem. A split second after I hit the Play button, the entire game crashes (before the load screen ever appears.) However, I admit I am using WINE/Linux. I never had a problem before today though.

I used the "Safe mode" option after this happened initially, and that does not help, the game still crashes on load.
    @stretch611

Murphster - SS CW | Jennsen Rahl - MoF CW
    Taarna - GWF
    Eowyn - Protector OP | Leela - Devoted OP
    Mara Jade - TR
    Leeloo - Tempt SW | Kahlan Amnell - Fury SW | Galadriel - Damnation SW
    Sturm Nightblade - GF
  • Options
    benhur59benhur59 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have the same problem on the Neverwinter screen.
  • Options
    zetahatatezetahatate Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I, myself, can't really play this. After the screen after the 'Cryptic' screen, it crashes and leaves the screen black and unplayable.

It didn't happen before this patch, so yeah. Something in the update made this unplayable for me, I suppose.

Well, I suppose I can /play/ this. I just have a black screen and can't see anything while I do it.
  • Options
    failedsomuchfailedsomuch Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    the linux crash problem was reported on preview http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?713951-Mod-4-crashes-on-Linux-and-Mac

Sadly, it's not fixed and now it also appear on live....
    Gonna start a separate thread for that one, it's not the same problem than the one described by the 1st poster.
  • Options
    eddharlaweddharlaw Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    black screen too.....
    Eddharlaw GF 16k GS Tactician Daily spammer
  • Options
    gianextgianext Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My game no work. Me no happy. Me wanna see new stuff. Boo :( But seriously, guys, please fix it! Keeps crashing and telling me to check the files and it will take 10-20 minutes and then will just crash again. What's the point of checking files then? Boohoo :(:(:(
  • Options
    jackgearyjackgeary Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Having the same issue as well. Game worked fine before patch. Shortly after cryptic games logo finished the NWW/DND logo come up. Then the game crashes in Windows with direct 3D error.
  • Options
    bluangelukbluangeluk Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Having same problem. On Win 8 here, was working fine before the patch. Has anyone tried running game without on demand patching?

I've changed pc regions to US from UK and re-patching now.
    "Here's a circle... I'm not sure it's a real circle, so don't trust it too much!" Idril (AoGlyph)
    9abea38.png
  • Options
    salazarduncansalazarduncan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    game is still crashing on start up soon it reaches cryptic loading screen

i got win 7 64bit, intel q8400 cpu,gtx 550 ti gpu and i use last nvidia drivers

i just tested it when patched game since we do not need servers to be live for this

Still crashing, just logged in, server is all green. It's 2:10 PM here GNT-3
  • Options
    salazarduncansalazarduncan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jackgeary wrote: »
    Having the same issue as well. Game worked fine before patch. Shortly after cryptic games logo finished the NWW/DND logo come up. Then the game crashes in Windows with direct 3D error.

Same here. It was working fine yesterday.
  • Options
    boredinflboredinfl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I ran it in safe mode (in the options on the launcher.) It verified and then patched 2.3 gigs. Now I can log in. I was all patched up as far as I know. Maybe I did something wrong. I hope it work for you guys too.
  • Options
    jackgearyjackgeary Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jackgeary wrote: »

Downloaded and installed newest version of my graphics driver. Game is working fine now.
  • Options
    passionbreezepassionbreeze Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm using wineskin on mac. I press play and get an immediate crash b4 the load screen. I'm investigating now. May have answers soon but knowing PWE I probably won't.
  • Options
    adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    For me it is also crashing after character creation. I turned the graphics to minimum, that worked... until I wanted to load my characters in IWD -> crash again!

I can not load any character in IWD!

Why must there be always a change in graphics setting? It only messes up everything.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Upgrade my graphics driver dident solve the problem.
  • Options
    blondie987blondie987 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yeah i'm having the same game crashes after cryptic loading screen as well. tried everything to fix it but nothing is being fixed. game was loading just fine before this mornings game update now i can't even log into or play the game.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Unchecked Full screen in Option and the game started and it reset my Graphics setting. Exit and changed back to full screen and now it works fine. Falty settings from before that the "new" game dont like?
  • Options
    raelg14raelg14 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same here, game crashes on Cryptic Load screen, running latest graphic drivers, game start in Safe Mode, but at the bottom of the screen gives me an error message, "Pixel shader compilation failure. (compile error code = E NOTIMPL 0x80004001): Shaders_Processed/DynResolve_Msaa_16_Depth_D3d9_Depth_As_Color_680c8a12_2e100cbc.Phl (ps_3_0)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    And then i changed my screen settings and i am back with the crashes. Anybody know where this is saved so that i can change them?
  • Options
    axxiom12axxiom12 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The patch seems to have messed up. Hopefully they get the game working again soon
  • Options
    boghy89boghy89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same here, tryed everything u guys posted here with no positive result, means its not in our hands and waiting for Cryptic to actualy make a move kinda makes me feel it will pass a long looooong time till i can play Nw again^^
  • Options
    bluangelukbluangeluk Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Tried all I could think of, still getting:

"Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to Patch Server: The connection was idle for too long." :(:(:(
    "Here's a circle... I'm not sure it's a real circle, so don't trust it too much!" Idril (AoGlyph)
    9abea38.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Ok edited the file GamePrefs in Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\Live\Localdata changed GfxSettings.WindowedHeight to 600 and GfxSettings.WindowedWidth 800.

After that i am abel to start the game in windowed mode and then change the settings to what i want to have. The game seems to work as usual haven't tested much.

But start in a small window, change to full screen later and do that every time, boring.
  • Options
    saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i am also having game crashes , i thght it was de to me installing new .net framework but it didnt resolve the problem after uninstalling , didnt solve the problem after installing new widows , my game still crashes with blue screen error cming in end.

and some times my screen has pixel shaders problem , making my pixel messed up with pixel patches here and there on my screen like some black pixel here and there in whole screen , dosent solve problem even after closing the game , have to restart the whole system.

[0814/202118:INFO:CONSOLE(0)] "Select shard: 1," source: http://launcher.playneverwinter.com/static/all/js/api.js(96)
    [0815/012141:ERROR:backend_impl.cc(1148)] Critical error found -8
    [0815/012143:WARNING:storage_block-inl.h(129)] Failed data load.
    [0815/012143:ERROR:cache_util_win.cc(43)] Unable to move the cache: 0
    [0815/012143:ERROR:backend_impl.cc(134)] Unable to move cache folder E:\Neverwinter_en\cef_cache to E:\Neverwinter_en\old_cef_cache_000

this is on my debug file .
    now i m reinstalling my game. :(
  • Options
    blondie987blondie987 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    can you give us a screenshot of how the gameprefs file looks i'm seeing the gfx settings but its got a prefentry before it with a fullscreen=0 but no width or height
    benhur59 wrote: »
    Ok edited the file GamePrefs in Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\Live\Localdata changed GfxSettings.WindowedHeight to 600 and GfxSettings.WindowedWidth 800.

After that i am abel to start the game in windowed mode and then change the settings to what i want to have. The game seems to work as usual haven't tested much.

But start in a small window, change to full screen later and do that every time, boring.
  • Options
    petestarkspetestarks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    "Pixel shader compilation failure" error over here too.

I can load to the character select screen and then select someone, but as soon as the the bar loads it crashes to desktop instead of putting me in a zone.

I have updated my graphics drivers (nvidia) to the latest and turned off all apps such as display fusion, teamviewer and snaggit. I have tried going into graphic options from the menu and resetting the settings. Lastly, I tried running in safe mode (from the launcher) it still crashes.

Suggestions ?