What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

game crashing on cryptic loading screen on start

12346»

Comments

• maskedobitomaskedobito Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    skandlum wrote: »
    This time i can get in the preview server, and i got the same bug like you guys. Works wonderfull, i hope they will implement it for the live server too:) thx dev team

They
    Did
    Not
    Fix
    Anything
  • raxmond13raxmond13 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ok since 4th came out when opening game I get the trademark page after cryptic then the screen goes blank sometimes I get a nvidia driver crash message. I get sound but no picture except the mouse pointer also one in 7 ish the comp restarts
  • bronto111bronto111 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I get the same ,game crashes while loading before it gets to charactor selection screen,
    tried:
    switching to dx9 in game prefs,
    switching to dx11 in game prefs,
    set loader options to safe mode,
    verify files,
    set game to runs as administrator,
    set game to run in compatability mode for windows 7,
    deleted gameprefs,
    scanned HDD for file errors,
    tried using Arc loader,
    tried using steam loader,
    the game still crashes me to destop BUT opening task manager (in windows 7 ) shows that the gameclient.exe is still running AND the crypticerror.exe are still running ,the error report never gets sent cause the gameclient never closes the game client never closes cause it appears to get stuck in a loop but windows does not recognise that it is crashed.
    FIX THIS **** CRYPTIC!!

Running windows 7 X64 ultimate,
    Intel i7 cpu,
    16Gb ram,
    2 x SSD raid 0 HDD,
    2 x 1Tb raid 0 HDD,
    2 x radean 6970 graphics cards crossfired,
    1000w power supply,
    razer orbweaver gamepad,
    razer naga epic mouse,
    Asus 3d gaming lcd monitor vg279 resolution:1920 x 1080 @ 144Hz.

I am not the only one having this problem people in my guild have reported to me having the same crash and like me are
    no longer able to play.
    The game worked fine untill updated then no longer works ,this sux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I feel your pain :(

XP_win32k_keyboard_input.jpg

This is what I had to do when I got home from work today: fire up Ida Pro and Visio and map out the organization of all routines upstream of sending raw input until I reached the ones that originate the data. Then I had to investigate them: yellow ones allocate keyboard info on the stack, and since raw-input support requires larger data structures, their 2k equivalents must change. There's also a static data structure (one of those gotchas, highlighted in pink) that also has to change to match. All of the blue routines get pointers to those data structures, so I have to check each one to see if anything there needs to change (but hopefully not). The white one downstream gets the contents of those data structures decomposed as parameters, so that also must change to accept more parameters (and everything calling it has to change!). And, of course there's the new raw-input logic to add, but that's nearly identical to what I had to add for mouse support. That's tedious, but not difficult.

And then there are the unknowns. For instance, I found more routines that need to be added to the diagram, those blue ones that need checking.

The 2k organization is turning out to be nearly identical, but not entirely, and of course, member offsets in many structures differ.

Oh, yeah, then it all has to work without a BSOD.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • kittykaboomboomkittykaboomboom Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have had this problem since Fury of the feywild.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, I'm finally up and running, though it's not due to any bugfix -- I finished backporting the raw input API to Windows 2000 and things appear to be back to normal, so far at least.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • gianextgianext Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    After all the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that's happened I uninstalled everything. Then re-installed and now the game won't even patch. It keeps getting frozen and the only way to unfreeze stuff is to uninstall everything and start over. I'm this close to giving up, so if anyone knows how to fix it, would be awesome. I want to play. I've been waiting to play ever since mod4 update, and I haven't been able to :(
  • theace69theace69 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    well same issue here i was playing fine yesterday only one crash to desktop, today just a constant black screen game client comes up and shows where it is failing t load stuff thing is its always something different.
    as per attachment. Reinstalling it doesn't solve the problem though.
  • sarlacc1979sarlacc1979 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 47
    edited August 2014
    Since the new mod the game freezes either on the Cryptic load screen or the Neverwinter title screen. I've gotten the game to load twice since Tyranny of Dragons launched. It's very frustrating being unable to enjoy the new content or the events going on right now. This is the first major issue I've had with Neverwinter and I'm hoping it gets resolved quickly.
    Please try my Foundry campaign, "Olivia's Trials".
  • grandaelusgrandaelus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There's heavy leaks in this new patch.
    Some of you will also have gotten the message that the memory (RAM) was full, giving a bogus calculation.
    This new module brought home some nice lags, bugs and leaks in the game.

When are they getting solved???

p.s. related response from me:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?741361-Soul-Pupets-everywhere!/page3
  • grandaelusgrandaelus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    outofram.png

Uhm... wah now?

What is this mambo jambo about those numbers, i have 4GB DDR2 Dual Channel... so wtf is this for random error!!!

That made me sound upset huh ^^ im just making a point, this is one of the messages that i get, only after module 4.
  • galileo009galileo009 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same, shows Cryptic load screen. Has music and black screen. Crashes my Nividia drivers, I admit I'm playing on an 8600GT. (Never had a problem on medium settings)

Running win 7 x64, Intel core2quad, 5 gigs ram.
  • galileo009galileo009 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    OK, so... I fixed it. Try getting the latest drivers(Nividia full of BS. They will sometimes rout you to and older version of driver and say it's the newest). Do clean install.
  • glorymooncalledglorymooncalled Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It looks like whatever was done to fix the issue broke it for me:

I'm now getting the:
    'unable to initialize on demand patching'

error that others were getting before the 8/28/2014 patch.

I've tried disabling on demand, deleting the contents of the live directories and a number of other tip, but none of that has worked.
  • fookes64fookes64 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Game crashes after loading screen every time, does this happen alot with this game. Do you guys kno of any way to fix it. ^^^^ Right now its not patching correctly after I reinstalled the game and is on the last 1400mgb. Please help getting very frustrated, this game doesnt even seem worth playing with all the trouble ive been thru. Thanks
  • fookes64fookes64 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    will they ever fix it, i wonder
  • glorymooncalledglorymooncalled Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So I tried the only other tip I could find, I uninstalled, rebooted then rinstalled.

Now the launcher cannot connect to update itself.

so now what?

It looks like whatever was done to fix the issue broke it for me:

I'm now getting the:
    'unable to initialize on demand patching'

error that others were getting before the 8/28/2014 patch.

I've tried disabling on demand, deleting the contents of the live directories and a number of other tip, but none of that has worked.
  • maskedobitomaskedobito Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    GUYS GUYS GAIS GUAIS GUYS §§§§ I FOUND THE FIX
    I FINNALY FOUND A FIX AND I CRIED TEARS OR JOY !
    If you have black screen, only solution is to minimise desctop resolution on 1280x1024 !
    I've tried everything and it failed, but this fixed my crash and I can finnaly play again
  • gopher#9242 gopher Member Posts: 1 New User
    Stopped playing 2 years ago. Just came back about 3 weeks ago. The Game is still crashing at the Cryptic loading screen. It will crash in regular and safe graphic mode. So no progress by Cryptic.