test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chests bugged. Repeat loot. (Delves, Lairs & More)

Comments

• deathxlongshot9deathxlongshot9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So getting back to the actual bug report, this glitch/bug is not only happening in dungeons. I have received the same exact loot from Kessel's Retreat, Dread Legion, and Master of the Hunt. Also some of my guild members have reported that they are getting the same loot from the 3 Dread Ring lairs and the 3 Sharandar lairs. I have also had the glitch/bug that even while having a key or during delves, the chest will not open, even if it says "Chest Unlocked". However, this only occurs after several back-to-back runs of teh same dungeon with the same group.
  • orikes13orikes13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Y'know, I have friends leaving the game because of this.

As someone earlier said, it was FAR better to leave the 'exploit' in for the non-epic dungeons than to break all dungeons. Now anyone who was trying to gear up is completely screwed. Not only that, the lack of acknowledgement or attention to the problem shows a very careless attitude towards the player base.

Yes, I know Mod4 is the primary focus of the dev team right now, but ignoring broken, current content for this long is a slap in the face to the players who have been playing the game steadily. When stuff like this gets ignored, it means people are going to care much less for the new content when it does come out.

Please put a little bit of attention on fixing existing bugs so you can at least keep the player base you have.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yep, i have two chars who wait to be geared up, and i can't do it, only blue <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> comes out, no real value in doing any dungeon. The only purple shield i got, had to be discarded, now salvage doesn't work too!

My newly formed guild has many new members and they simply can't understand-, coming over from other games-, how such thing can happen over weeks now! Not a good sign for newcomers!

Now Icewind is bugged also, Yeti doesn't come since days, in Dwarven Valley now i only get TR weapon, instead of my GF weapon!

Not many aspects of the game are running smoothly currently, i'm lucky, that i have a new char to level up:), time isn't totally wasted.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    At the risk of saying so...

The chest bug is an advantage in one case -

On 1 character, it seems I've locked into a chest drop in epic TOS in dungeon delve. I've only run TOS once since the bug started, but I get choice between the 3 top gwf chest pieces.

I have 2 more characters to run through dread ring lair for the day. They have not run dread ring since the bug was introduced. It may be they get locked into eye of lathandar drop as both of them have the adamantine glove.

I will report back and edit this post if indeed they get locked into an eye drop...

be right back.

:: EDIT :: reporting back -

Of the 5 characters I have with adamantine gloves, the dread ring chest locks are as follows -
    One is locked into rank 3 enchants
    two are locked into aquamarines
    1 is locked in 2 peridots
    last is locked in rank 4 enchants.

relationship to bug -

it appears the chest lock is specific to character, and not to account.
  • carlonomocarlonomo Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    3 weeks and still getting the same exact loot from chests, and also if you run the same dungon again during delves, the chest won't even spawn... it only spawns every other run you do... unless you change dungeons to something else and alternate. I have done about 20 VT runs and not a single dread breastplate has dropped for any class... I think that might be bugged as well.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Actually i wouldn't mind this "bug", if i were not getting always blue stuff, so i kinda think it has to do something with account wide "bug" too.

IT( :) )'s just funny for me, because many people seem to profit well from this so called "bug", you just have to listen Zone Chat and see. And if we add to this the sky rocketing prices and see, that only few peeps sell some stuff, i kinda find it hard to believe, that this "bug" affects everyone the same, negative way.

If i see a piece of blue <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> again, i discard it, not even worth moving my fingers and this for my money i have put in, pfff.....
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• panisch420panisch420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    orikes13 wrote: »
    Not only that, the lack of acknowledgement or attention to the problem shows a very careless attitude towards the player base.

It's been long enough, guys. This is getting embarrasing, if it isnt already.
  • ondsonds Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    14 runs of SP, 14 t1 orbs..
    Yep, not going to waste time on the game until this is fixed. Or, i might just find another game entirely...
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Haha! Its getting redonkulous^^
    I am guessing, there maybe working three people on this entire game. All these bugs… And one to rule … ehm… fix them all.

Sorry, but even the moderators in this forum have to acknowledge this as an epic fail.
  • xenotorchxenotorch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Keep getting the same Redcap loot on my CW, of course it isn't a CW item so mheh. If it wasn't for the dailies and the fact it seems to be the fastest skirmish, I wouldn't run it again and I only do so in skirmish hour for the AD.

Redcap hood anyone???
  • xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This bug really need to be fixed its getting annoying, I am running dungeons t2 daily (4-5 runs), as a guild leader who like to help the guild member getting gear its kind of frustrating, for the last 3 week the dungeon chest its locked on 1 drop every run my GF gets a t1 belt, i have got like 30 or so all on chest no ring no weapons no armor belts.

But the real problem the problem is doing the runs we 2-3 guild member who dont have a single piece of t2 set and they have the same bug - imagine 3 week 21 days 4 runs days its 80 runs and u dont get a single piece of the t2 set and ppl even spend 5k for the keys.

What makes it more annoying its not ear a single word about if from the game developers, i know there's a patch coming soon, but that didnt seem to have stop developer to make cta events and the Wonders of Gond Event, what were nice but the time spend on those could have been done fixing this bug, Wonders of Gond Event could have been delayed and should have been for when the new patch come since everyone will be leveling the new class... what means doing quest and kill mobs and the Wonders of Gond Event would be good for those player that for 6 or 7 time will do all the same old quest again.

So please fix this bug or at least say u know it and that u are working on fixing it. specially for play that just turn lv60 and need the gear that right now its just impossible to get.
  • avironeavirone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Good Evening,

I wanted to report and discuss a bug with dungeon delves chests giving repeatedly the same loot. I have put further details below if you're interested, though it seems possibly nobody is. But Im trying to keep it constructive, so i thought I would include full information below.

Details:

Me and my several guild members have repeatedly run the Tier 2 dungeons (Karrundax, Temple of the spider, etc.) during dungeon delves, and using dungeon keys. We are vigilant and therefore make sure to have the dungeon chest notification on the right hand side, ensuring to log out if is not there until it appears (which i find only a minor inconvenience.).

However, there appears to be a bug which is separate from this one (the one mentioned previously) which is affecting the chests.

As I said, Me and several guild members of my guild have been running the dungeons a lot recently and have noticed that the chests repeatedly drop the same loot each time (identical items). this item seems to be linked to the toon I complete it with.

An Example:
    Each time I complete Karrundax with my Devoted Cleric, I get the choice of T2 gloves, however when I complete it with my control wizard (since I need the gloves, the last 15 times or so...) I repeatedly get the Grand exorcists belt of blessings (every single time). and has been doing for around the last 2-3 weeks.

I have heard all sorts of rumours about doing different dungeons in between, or doing the same dungeon on different toons, or completing whole sets of dungeons. Even ones about walking around the chests anticlockwise Fact is, I play the game a lot and have completed lots of dungeons on lots of characters, and the problem persists. There doesn't seem to be any particularly good thread on this. I have checked patch notes and I see no fixes each week, but notice you have managed an emergency fix today on something which might affect the economy, fact is THIS is strongly affecting the economy. Driving up the prices of set pieces.

Most of all, it is removing my incentive for playing the game, without the possibility of getting the reward I require from the dungeons I complete, I am mostly PvE player am becoming pretty frustrated at something which must be in all fact a relatively easy fix which is of surely the utmost importance.

Anyway, this has turned into a longer post than I intended so I will stop there, I was just hoping to get some information on a possible fix or something?
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    basically, this is a well-known bug, that has been reported by many others before you. The devs have basically said they are working on it but it is somewhat elusive. Don't worry - it will get fixed....eventually.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I hope so, I've had enough HV armor to equip a legion of CWs.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • tolfy21422tolfy21422 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not even TOs or Karru..VT and MC and doing the exact same thing. Same Orbs every time.
  • tolfy21422tolfy21422 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yeah,, Still doesnt change the fact that its bugged! vt and mc have been this way for weeks now
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It seemed to start when they "fixed" issues resolving around bots garnering profession nodes for items , you know the same time enchants now show up as empty.

Whatever that fix was, most assuredly did something to loot tables, that seem to have screwed the , what appears to be the few legitimate players left, IE those who are not taking advantage of open loopholes to make millions and millions of AD at once, then post on forums how they are so much better then the rest of us with r10s and perfect enchants, which probably was like 5% done legit and the rest taking advantage of one loophole or another over the last year.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's bugged. Until they fix it, there's little point in doing a DD for loot. Before the chest fix, normal dungeons were dropping epic loot, but the fix to that broke something else somewhere. It's hard to regression test everything in a product that continually grows, and it must surely be all-hands-on-deck for M4 at the moment. I honestly don't expect to see bugfixes until after the M4 release, or if we're very lucky bundled with it.

I can entertain myself over the next 10 days -- soloing normal dungeons, filling in maps for zones (and discovering some surprises along the way), testing out the dynamics of my 70+ companions, etc.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    very annoying but the only thing we can really do is wait. Hopefully before mod 5 though they fix these bugs which effect everyone and may even turn away people playing their new mod - why look forward to new things when the old things don't work as intended? The new things will just be as bug free - some tidbits IF anyone in cryptic/pwe is even reading this one thread.
  • avironeavirone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sadly, I thought this may be the answer.
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The most annoying thing is the zero communication. I understand that there sometimes bugs which cant be fixed easily. No problem.

But what I can not forgive is the fact that NOT A SINGLE line about this tremendous bug was published to the players, warning them about it. Instead they try to keep it sneaky, hoping that people wont notice and blaming just rng (like they did with the ELO leaderboard, u know).
    Instead they bring cash grab events live like the Wonders of Gond or hosting meaningless streams about with boring questions, wiseley filtered by the community team.

If they just acknowledged the bug, openly warned people about it and would have given small but useful ZEN items for free every for compensation of the bug-time, hey, I would not have spoken a word.

But this is absurd now. It seems that they try to hide and cover it up, keeping the fascade of a working and oh so well amazing game while in truth, this game is already rotting in the insides.

I have told ALL my friend and guild members and everyone I know not to spend a single dime on this game anymore. And many of my friends have pumped hundrets of € and $ into this game.

I can accept bugs, I can forgive mistakes, but scamlike cover up promotion, nope.
    And by moderating my post you will just prove my exact point.
  • forumsutekidoforumsutekido Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Totally agree with osterdrache, the zero communication and releasing new events instead of focusing on the main problem.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Much as I agree it's an obnoxious bug that requires fixing, the event team doesn't work on the dungeons, and events are like Zen store items, planned out months in advance for steady release over time. This schedule in no way impedes other game development, because they're handled by different people.

Unfortunately, it's the Mod 4 crunch time that is really putting a damper on fixing bugs, and Cryptic never did get a say in that particular deadline.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    need to hire more people to fix bugs, only going to lose "paying customers" trying to get new content in that will be bugged as there is no bug testing (and if there is, you make it seem otherwise - aimed at cryptic / pwe)
  • coldbore2coldbore2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Much as I agree it's an obnoxious bug that requires fixing, the event team doesn't work on the dungeons, and events are like Zen store items, planned out months in advance for steady release over time. This schedule in no way impedes other game development, because they're handled by different people.

Unfortunately, it's the Mod 4 crunch time that is really putting a damper on fixing bugs, and Cryptic never did get a say in that particular deadline.

But they'll respond immediately the moment an exploit is found... yep.. :rolleyes:
  • letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    coldbore2 wrote: »
    But they'll respond immediately the moment an exploit is found... yep.. :rolleyes:

ofc they don't want to be cheated! ;)
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Can you imagine if Las Vegas catered to their customers like PWE/ARC does? The city would be a ghost town.

Why cant PWE/ARC just be up front and tell us WTH is going on and when they will fix one of the most important PVE parts of the game?

To be silent in the matter only frustrates and alienates the player base. This is a foolish policy and is going to be a huge mistake if not dealt with.

I love the game, but its getting to the point I have to ask my self is it even worth it anymore.
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • volchitsavolchitsa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    First off:
    There has been communication, clear communication, and in this thread too. Assume that it's not going to be fixed before Mod4.

Second: As far as the locked chests, I have run a bunch of PK and here is how to get the chest to unlock:

Run the dungeon until the second to last fire (may work at the second fire, but I don't recall it working), use the help>GM>stuck>can't progress>abort quest chain, then return to instance and voila, open chest. Same thing if it's not delves and you're running the same dungeon more than once.
  • ondsonds Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The worst part is that this bug really is gamebreaking. In essence it means that new players or players with incomplete sets for a build can not gear up outside of using the auction house.

In other words, they are saying that the main incentive for players in an mmo (to gear up) is less important than working on new content...
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    But isn't there a simple in-game work-around for this already, until they fix it properly?
This discussion has been closed.