test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Event Discussion: 'Wonders of Gond'

Comments

• gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Id just like to point out that in all this debating about drop rates and such, that this event is mainly a CRAFTING event. I don't believe the intention was EVER to have anyone simply farming drops as the sole means of making a doohikey. Supplementing drops with crafted rank 3 items will greatly speed things up. And something that seems to be missing from all the math being tossed around.
    You can craft some mats every two hours. IF you can find the materials to craft that haven't been bought up on AH.
    And what does that get you 100 RP or something? Not sure what the level 3 or 2 are worth in RP.
    So yeah maybe if you have two guys and plenty of crafting mats and plenty of time to grind grommets, then maybe you can make a doohickey without buying blueprints.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You can craft some mats every two hours. IF you can find the materials to craft that haven't been bought up on AH.
    And what does that get you 100 RP or something? Not sure what the level 3 or 2 are worth in RP.
    So yeah maybe if you have two guys and plenty of crafting mats and plenty of time to grind grommets, then maybe you can make a doohickey without buying blueprints.

I think its like 27rp or something for rank 3. Not sure it's worth it unless you luck out and get a curio from it.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm fully aware that the crafting is the main focus, but, at best, you're looking at getting 100 refining points (5x5, 2x15, 1x45) for getting a rank 3 result on a sprocket - and that just seems a bit low. You'd need about 130 sprockets to craft enough to get from rank 6 to rank 7, which is 13,000 pieces of iron ore / wool scraps / simple pelts.

The average player doesn't have that kind of reserve just hanging around - heck, I'd wager the vast majority of players don't have that kind of reserve, nor do they have the assets to be able to come up with anywhere near the amount of material required.

As an example, I have purple workers and tools for each profession, and haven't sold white / green materials (I did use a bunch of simple pelts recently, levelling LW). I've been making sprockets constantly, and playing regularly. I have just reached rank 6, and it looks unlikely I'll be able to reach rank 7 with the materials I have on hand (and am gathering), along with the grommets I've been collecting. When a hoarder like me doesn't have enough material, there is something dramatically skewed about the event.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The only good thing about this event is the decent amount of AD I'm making from gathering and selling mats. I took one look at the grind and/or expense required to get the event items and opted out.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • alienwulfalienwulf Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The only good thing about this event is the decent amount of AD I'm making from gathering and selling mats. I took one look at the grind and/or expense required to get the event items and opted out.

Same here..I sell mats lower than any on the AH and still making a small fortune in AD. Kind of feel guilty..well not too.:rolleyes:
  • icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    karakla1 wrote: »
    Please let drop Rank 1 to Rank 3. Rank 1 = common drop, Rank 2 = a bit rare, Rank 3 = Yeah, ****ing green refining stone.
    It wouldn't even matter with the way things are right now. A rank 3 Wondrous Sprocket is only worth 45 refining points, which is still hardly a dent. Which is why trying to progress with crafting is also a non-starter.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If we assume we have all slots (9 in total) and all profession ressources to fill these slots (non epic).
    you get 405 RePo every 2 hours. If you make this 12 times (24 hours) you get 4.860 RePo, which makes 19.440 RePo in 4 Days (Full Event Times).
    This is possible, if you have a bot (Which is forbidden!) and have 43.200 pieces of low grade ressources. Which is kinda impossible and the reason the prices in the auctionhouse going through the roof.

For ALL the freeplayers: The best you can do is to sell all your low grade ressources via auction house and grind the rank 1 RePo Event Items and sell them via auction house too.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    lol at anyone who thinks this event is about farming cogs
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Crafting or farming. Both major time and resource sinks. Pretty much at an unreasonable cost to an average player.
    The conclusion is the event was a zen promotion, to expedite the process. Reasons for the zen promotions can be seen in the other activities PWE/Cryptic is doing. Recouping costs on the console development, mod 4 development, and possibly to supplement the Swordsman development, also maybe to help raise funds to fight bots.

From a business standpoint. Quarter 3 financials are due soon. With these large "sinks" that the company will take. These events will boost those financials and help boost the end of the year report.

Like Degraf says, everything is gravy from a business standpoint for them. They have little incentive other to quell the forums. And im sure $$$ > forums.

My final thoughts about this event in general is, it had amazing potential to be a fun event for all to participate. The costs just are not in line with the majority of the playerbase though which really hurts it.

I appreciate that cryptic/pwe/hasbro/wotc released this MMO, have had many hours/days of enjoyment and have supported them through financial means and feedback. Just this event is a bit over the top.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014

The sad thing is that the event should be about this but the unreasonable requirements for anybody not using Blueprints totally wrecks the entire event for F2P people, the Creation of Wonders pack should have been the only item to require any zen store items and everything beneath it Doohikey , Blacksmith outfit etc etc should have been farmable within a reasonable time period .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • lycragirllycragirl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited August 2014
    I don't even think I'll manage my rank 6. I need another couple of thousand refining points to get my Gizmo to a Thingamabob and I'm just too burned out.

I'd be very interested to hear if anyone managed a rank 7 without massive zen/AD investment.

I'm fairly new to this game. I've played MMos before though and have never known anything like this! This isn't fun. It's simply not achievable in the time frame. It might've been possible in 7 days, but 4? Not without seriously affecting real life.

If they were really in need of the money from zen sales they should have just made something shiny for the zen store. I feel a bit.... cheated. This event wasn't for me, which is fine, but I'd rather have been told up front than spend 2 days grinding for something unachievable.

Not a great way to treat your customers.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The thing is that it's not just about whether it's achievable. It's also to do with if it's worth doing. I could earn more in CN then directly trying to farm the things to make a doohickey and be less burnt out while not putting as many hours in.
  • maicakatmaicakat Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    For those that do not know - there is a Level 6 crafting option that allows you to craft the needed items. Seems to be in all professions as well.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    maicakat wrote: »
    For those that do not know - there is a Level 6 crafting option in Weaponsmithing and Artificing that allows you to craft the needed items.

You mean the rank 4? that gives 45 RP. rank 6 to rank 7 12900Rp = so ud craft urself 286 of those at 2 hrs a pop (+ craftin materials needed for 286 of them).... right....
    'd be very interested to hear if anyone managed a rank 7 without massive zen/AD investment

Im usually a person who would attempt it. But the #s just arent there to support a justifiable reason for it, for other than "science".
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    maicakat wrote: »
    For those that do not know - there is a Level 6 crafting option in Weaponsmithing and Artificing that allows you to craft the needed items.

...which will, if you manage a rank 3 result, net you 100 refining points, at a cost of approx. 100 first-tier white materials (pine wood, iron ore, wool scraps, simple pelts), and 10 green crafting resources (fundamental fire / ice / earth, brightleaf, etc).

It takes 12,960 to go from 6-7.

So, yeah, it's nice to have the option to craft some refine points, but the price is far too high for what you get. They could have added recipes for tier 2 and 3 materials (cotton / shimmerweave, steel / mithral, etc) to expedite the process, and encourage more crafting at the same time. It would also reward those who have invested in getting tradeskills to 20.

I like the rewards, I like the general ideas - the execution has some serious issues, though.
  • mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mstrssihr wrote: »

The Wondermaker of Gond is a liar.

eq14ro.jpg

So this whole Event need to be fixed!

Please let dropp Rank 1 to Rank 3. Rank 1 = common dropp, Rank 2 = a bit rare, Rank 3 = Yeah, ****ing green refining stone.

---- Gond says the mobs are supposed to!!

So Zeb here asked the Dev team about this, what's posted below is the outcome of our situation. /sad

zebular wrote: »
    Update:
    . . . I just got word of the following which may help to better understand things:

. . . Higher level grommets can only be crafted or upgraded to. Rank 1s are the ones that drop from monsters.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator

No, sorry mate I don't better understand what I was after, just that Mod4 isn't here yet and the focus on the here and now is missing completely. Has anyone seen the Forgehammer of Gond drop yet or is that missing too?
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's litterally impossible to get this Doohikey for free.
    Like other players said, you need about 3.500 of the small Rank 1 Items. Every hour you can get about 60 of them. Which makes 58 Hours of pure grind. The event started on thursday and end on monday (same time), which means that the event will run 96 hours.
    I assume that the most of you are humans and need sleep between 7-9 hours, we lose 28-36 hours. Which left us with 60-68 hours. Then you need to take your everyday task, like eating, wash yourself, pooping (was already mentioned, i know) and other stuff, besides all of that WE ARE NOT A MACHINE!!!

So this whole Event need to be fixed!

Please let dropp Rank 1 to Rank 3. Rank 1 = common dropp, Rank 2 = a bit rare, Rank 3 = Yeah, ****ing green refining stone.

It is not difficult, if get "500 characters" working for the player. As some do.

The system is extremely simple. Just put "many" crafting characters Full Epic Profession (each craft around 1h), and other "many" do craft W Sprockets. Supplying main, profit.
    Doing this should take about 4 hours for each Doohickey (using ZEN Rank 7, fastest).

The problem is this.
    Normal players do not have "500 characters", we have at most 3 or 4, and RP players have at most 2 (I'll do the second who warlock launch ).

As a good oghmanita, I propose a petition for this event to be revised.
    It should be prolonged (or repeated next weekend), With drop rate updated to something more realistic (rank 1, 2 and 3) and lower countdown. Thus giving a chance to all get what they want.

The event is named Gond, but does not have the spirit of Gond.
    If Gond want innovations, he should allow these innovations happen.
  • flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You mean the rank 4? that gives 45 RP. rank 6 to rank 7 12900Rp = so ud craft urself 286 of those at 2 hrs a pop (+ craftin materials needed for 286 of them).... right....

Im usually a person who would attempt it. But the #s just arent there to support a justifiable reason for it, for other than "science".

In these two days I tried. It is impossible using only resources of one character (not ZEN).

Not even up green to blue.
    edited August 2014
    I finally got my Doohikey , I really want that costume , hopefully blueprint prices will drop a bit tomorrow , I hate the idea of paying twice what its real value is lol
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I finally got my Doohikey , I really want that costume , hopefully blueprint prices will drop a bit tomorrow , I hate the idea of paying twice what its real value is lol

Want at least 2 of the costume, but, really want a doohickey for my crappy AoE TR.
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    That's the reason players backup the ZAX to store ZEN, in preparations for sales and event. Until things change, I suggest that's what you do with spare AD as well.
  • icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    flambridge wrote: »
    In these two days I tried. It is impossible using only resources of one character (not ZEN).

Not even up green to blue.
    I got to blue gizmo (rank 5) grinding with one character, but there's no way I'm getting to the rank 6 thingamabob, never mind the rank 7 doohickey. So I really shouldn't have even bothered grinding that. I guess I'll keep it in my inventory and if the event ever comes back in a more reasonable form I'll have a head start. (The things you can purchase are all pretty meh; doohickey looks like the best thing to get out of the event.)

Also, what's with grommet prices in the auction house? Blueprints are currently a significantly better AD-to-RP ratio.
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    well, bad math, and grommets are now 780 a piece..
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think there should have been some kind of permanent trinket for those
    of use who would never be able to reach level 6 or 7. An event with no
    souvenir is no event.

What I'll remember from this is to crank out and sell materials to people
    who can afford to get the permanent items. Which is not a great memory.

(Oddly, tho, I do feel like I'm a cog in this.)
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • excessfloodexcessflood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Awesome, finally managed to get myself a Doohickey. Ended up spending around 1.5 million Astral Diamonds in doing so, but I did it.

The contents of the Creations of Wonder Pack? A Professions Special Pack, a rank 5 Wondrous Gizmo, and a Mark of Potency...

Why I thought it would have a mount, I have no idea. Perhaps one last chance at having a positive outlook.

I can't anymore... I just... I just can't.
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Awesome, finally managed to get myself a Doohickey. Ended up spending around 1.5 million Astral Diamonds in doing so, but I did it.

The contents of the Creations of Wonder Pack? A Professions Special Pack, a rank 5 Wondrous Gizmo, and a Mark of Potency...

Why I thought it would have a mount, I have no idea. Perhaps one last chance at having a positive outlook.

I can't anymore... I just... I just can't.

I just farm and sell,I feel your pain my friend
    thats a lot of AD's and not get it
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I played this game from the start and had taken a break before arc and now I have come back and well its just horrible with the AD prices and the non events like this one. none of the stuff even looks like a want to me will just sale everything I get and stock up on as much AD as I can. And I hope someday this game shapes back up to what it was when I left, like the class changes though and the warlock.
    edited August 2014
    wimpazoid wrote: »
    That's the reason players backup the ZAX to store ZEN, in preparations for sales and event. Until things change, I suggest that's what you do with spare AD as well.

Oh I will be in future although I think the idea of NEEDING zen or zen items to be able to fully enjoy an event is about as lame as it is possible to get , the only reason I didn't stock up was because I just assumed the mount would be the only item aimed at zen spenders and everything else would be easily available for everybody else for a reasonable amount of grind, the idea never occurred to me that EVERYTHING worth getting was basically out of reach without using zen items for people who work 10-12 hours a day and cannot spend 9 or 10 hours a day for four days solid grinding non stop.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I made 1/2 mil farming and selling. Did'nt eat into my zen reserves at all. This was also likely a great event for new players as the AD you can make without excessive income was pretty good and it was the lowest level proficiency supplies selling the highest.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Looks like mat sales are slowing down. Maybe everyone's fed up with the grind. Oh well - even my low level HR with just 3 profession slots made around 30k AD out of the event. My total across all toons is substantial (for me at least - I have limited resources). Good times. :rolleyes:
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
This discussion has been closed.