What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trace's Guide to AD Creation and Wealth Building

Comments

• Options
    erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I made around 20m AD flipping on the AH early on. I've tried to get back into it after returning but the margins are so bad now that it's easier to lose on undercutting than to gain anything at all. Since you mention cons in your guide for each suggestion you should put one at the top of your thread aswell, namely 'Cons: A lot of people will gain knowledge of this and will start flipping aswell, which means there will be a lot more undercutters/profit hunters which makes the point of this guide 99% contradictional @its intended purpose'.

So yeah, thanks a lot :| basically ruined it for solo players who are forced to join guilds/put up with groups to gain proper amounts of AD now. All the flipping methods I used neatly posted, it's no wonder that it went sour. I know you're a nice/helpful guy and all but i really wish you hadn't posted the flipping bits :(
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    erdokan wrote: »
    So yeah, thanks a lot :| basically ruined it for solo players who are forced to join guilds/put up with groups to gain proper amounts of AD now. All the flipping methods I used neatly posted, it's no wonder that it went sour. I know you're a nice/helpful guy and all but i really wish you hadn't posted the flipping bits :(

Still plenty of ways to make AD flipping. Besides, only about 10% of the player base (if that) comes to the forums.

Anyhoo, the big news! New Lockboxes come out tomorrow! That's right. If you were sharp enough to stock up on ZEN before hand, you can make a pretty penny selling keys on the AH! Don't forget the release of new content is a great way to earn AD. Also, if you're into the lockbox gambling game, I hear the new mount is going to be a best seller!

Happy trading, Trace.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Well, folks, if you work the AH you noticed quite a change in prices this weekend. Cheap enchantments are gone and prices for Rank 7s and above are getting higher and higher. What happened? Long story short the Devs fixed a bug that allowed players to access to old Gem Fusion window (a previous refining system from Beta that lasted about nine months or so?).

So what now? Sadly, for F2P-Joe, this means the prices of everything you want for your character will be higher from here on out. My condolences. If you still want to earn some AD, here are my recommendations:

My best recommendations for getting AD outside of farming are now:

1) Leadership on alts. I recommend at least ten prayer/leadership alts to take in around 1 million AD per week. Not bad money.

2) Selling Items from the ZEN Store. Why? It's almost guaranteed income because the back-log for ZEN is so high. Pres Wards and keys are good sellers.

Happy trading, Trace
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    RIP F2P-Joe
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Don't forget the event is over, which means slayer belt's price will go up again!! Warlock is coming, new players are coming. I bought a few slayer belt to stock up, how abt u??
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    jazzfong wrote: »
    Don't forget the event is over, which means slayer belt's price will go up again!! Warlock is coming, new players are coming. I bought a few slayer belt to stock up, how abt u??

Definitely a good flip item. Warlock is around the corner!
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Method #29 posted.

Best, Trace.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    As many people know, it's been something of a brutal market for buyers, specifically for enchantments. Ways to make AD are becoming highly valued because of the strong inflation throughout the NW economy. This is why we praise people for finding creative ways to make wealth.

Ever read the Dev Tracker? If you like trading recent news, you should. Why? Well, take this for example, recently posted by graalx3, a systems designer. He writes:

Artifact Equipment
    As many of you may have read we are going to be putting out a new category of artifacts in the Tyranny of Dragons module. This new equipment will initially include 6 different belts and 21 new weapons, 3 for each class. These new artifacts will start with stats roughly equivalent to Fury of the Feywild top end items and grow in power from there.

Refinement

These artifacts will use the familiar Item Refinement interface. The primary difference being that other equipment is used to refine these artifacts rather than enchantments. Basically anything that can be equipped in the 12 slots on your character sheet can be used to empower these artifact. There are a few important restrictions. The item must have a minimum required level of 60 and also it must be identified. Items equippable in the main hand slot will give double RP for artifact weapons. Items equippable in the waist slot will give double RP for artifact belts.

These artifacts will accept the various refining stones that are used for enchantments and artifacts, but they won't accept original artifacts. Artifact equipment is its own category for purposes of bonuses. There will be a new type of refining stone that will give x5 RP for artifact equipment.

Get all that? That means we refine the new Artifact Weapons and Belt with other level 60 equipment that is identified. That means Greater Scrolls of Identification just got bought out like crazy. Miss the craze? No worries. Here are a few other options:

1) if you're rocking Leadership on multiple characters, take advantage selling scrolls from boxes at higher prices.

2) Lame blue items just became valuable! Watch the prices of these items increase over the next month (good news for farmers and strong PVPers). Perhaps some can be bought and flipped?

3) If you were fast enough to buy out the scrolls in the first place, you just made some nice AD!

Enjoy the profits, Trace.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Aww man, why did you have to spread that?

Nevertheless, very good advice.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Aww man, why did you have to spread that?

Nevertheless, very good advice.

I only spread it after I stocked up on Scrolls and Blue items! :cool:
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Funny how people still haven't learned the true value of the items they are buying on the AH in the wondrous shop. I could make 6k+ per stack just buying and re-selling stacks of 99 scrolls at the moment (which can be easy to spam buy), and I probably would try it with some just for fun if I wasn't going to bed...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    lol how much did you buy scrolls for trace?
  • Options
    asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    godlysoul2 wrote: »
    Funny how people still haven't learned the true value of the items they are buying on the AH in the wondrous shop. I could make 6k+ per stack just buying and re-selling stacks of 99 scrolls at the moment (which can be easy to spam buy), and I probably would try it with some just for fun if I wasn't going to bed...

this is important to note: NEVER buy anything on AH that can be bought cheaper from Wonderous Bazar
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    this is important to note: NEVER buy anything on AH that can be bought cheaper from Wonderous Bazar

Unless it's put up by me then go ahead.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    2) Lame blue items just became valuable! Watch the prices of these items increase over the next month (good news for farmers and strong PVPers). Perhaps some can be bought and flipped?

Trace, I am a little bit worried by this as the only saving grace for new players was that they could cheaply gear up with Blues. Do you know what the refine value of level 60 Blues are going to be?

Because if it is high enough, this may not be that good an idea by the Devs as newer players will have a hell of a time gearing up as they will either have to try pot luck with the current dungeon queuing system, as there is no way a newbie in Greens will be accepted by the Zone Groups....
  • Options
    izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited July 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Trace, I am a little bit worried by this as the only saving grace for new players was that they could cheaply gear up with Blues. Do you know what the refine value of level 60 Blues are going to be?

Because if it is high enough, this may not be that good an idea by the Devs as newer players will have a hell of a time gearing up as they will either have to try pot luck with the current dungeon queuing system, as there is no way a newbie in Greens will be accepted by the Zone Groups....

Quality Base RP
    Uncommon 100
    Rare 300
    Epic 450
    Epic Tier 1 575
    Epic Tier 2 650
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    izidius wrote: »
    Quality Base RP
    Uncommon 100
    Rare 300
    Epic 450
    Epic Tier 1 575
    Epic Tier 2 650

Thanks izidius.

So blues will not be bought for more than 6 times these values (12 if they match) as the Sapphires in the WB set a limit.

So the maximum price for a blue is 12*300 - 125 = ~3500 AD up from 100 AD today. So 'only' an increase of *35 for newer players....
    Of course for those without matching artifact equipment thus will be 6*300 = - 125 ~ 1700, so only 17 times as much.

EDIT:

On second thought, this is a GOOD deal for newer players as they can sell off any level 60 Greens and Blues that drop for mucho AD on the AH so long as they are aware of this.

This acts as a AD sink when these items will be placed in the AH, and 10% of the value will be removed, and a guaranteed AD sink when people buy scrolls form the WB...

So it might actually be a really good idea.....
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Economy seems really borked atm. Enchants are really expensive and the exchange takes like a week to get any zen.

I thought it was pretty rough a few months ago when I was starting out at 60 but now it's basically impossible for a new person to get high level enchants legitimately. Even if they wanted to just spend real money it would take a ridiculous amount to do it legitimately.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Don't know if anyone else is getting this, but I just tried buying some cheap blue mainhands and some scrolls but the AH just gives an error message...
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I don't think we'll see any shortage of blue items at all. The drop everywhere (PVP, GG, and in all areas). It'll be a good thing to have new players have another way of building up AD.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Hey folks,

This week is an amazing time to make AD! Why? Well, if you can forage your own crafting materials and make a Doohickey, they're selling for a pretty penny. ZEN helps with this because of how easy they are to refine with Blueprints.

"Trace, I don't have any ZEN and can barely make one for me'self!"

Fear not! Consider selling the crafting material needed to create the Doohickey! Simple Pelts, Pine Wood, Iron Ore, and Wool Scraps are all needed to make them. They're selling for a nice price that beats Leadership hands down. Not only that, but they're all Level 1 tasks to forage these items!

Whoo-hoo!
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    One good thing I'll say about this event is, a few days ago those crafting materials that I know many players have hundreds to thousands of were worthless. Within a matter of hours, they actually sell for a decent price and they sell quick
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    One good thing I'll say about this event is, a few days ago those crafting materials that I know many players have hundreds to thousands of were worthless. Within a matter of hours, they actually sell for a decent price and they sell quick

Yep yep! My wife is making a good amount of AD this way. I've also seen people:

1) Selling Blueprints outright (for around $100,000 AD)
    2) Pres Wards have spiked considerably. They're currently in the $90,000's.

All in all, a profitable weekend!
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    mxtimemxtime Member Posts: 316 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    pbilethorn 13 mill on ah and dropping
    its the cheapest perfect weapon enchant in the game after 10mill holy avenger
    even terror is more expencive
    and this in not even the real price
    coz it will drop way below holy avenger after the nerf
    so if u want to save ad sell,sell,sell.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    mxtime wrote: »
    pbilethorn 13 mill on ah and dropping
    its the cheapest perfect weapon enchant in the game after 10mill holy avenger
    even terror is more expencive
    and this in not even the real price
    coz it will drop way below holy avenger after the nerf
    so if u want to save ad sell,sell,sell.

Yep, Bile is getting a harsh fix/nerf. Prices for Perfects are off the charts. P. Vorpal's are selling for 18 million.

Crazy, crazy seller's market here.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Is there any possibilities Warlock high frequency attack can raise the Bilethorn price again?? If yes we can start stocking up some and resell it after 2 weeks.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    jazzfong wrote: »
    Is there any possibilities Warlock high frequency attack can raise the Bilethorn price again?? If yes we can start stocking up some and resell it after 2 weeks.

shhhhhhh :)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    vteasy wrote: »
    shhhhhhh :)

Ok i get it. Let those who sell p.bile low cry after 2 weeks. :)
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't think we'll see any shortage of blue items at all. The drop everywhere (PVP, GG, and in all areas). It'll be a good thing to have new players have another way of building up AD.

It is a little foolish to attempt stockpiling and item that a. Drops commonly and b. does not stack in inventory....
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    It is a little foolish to attempt stockpiling and item that a. Drops commonly and b. does not stack in inventory....

yep and its gonna take a month still to acquire the weapon arttifact anyway
This discussion has been closed.