Install Arc
Options

Event Discussion: 'Wonders of Gond'

Comments

• Options
    niburu2012niburu2012 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    crimpatul wrote: »
    To craft a Doohickey from level 6 to 7:+12000 refinning points.

That is craft 266 sprockets...

This is crazy. Im not happy or excited with the event.

Edit: 266 sprocket with leatherworking is 26.000 simple leathers.

¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?

Is this a joke?

Simple leather sells for more than 200 each from the AH and there are only 3k-ish available.

Assuming your calculation is correct, it takes 26,000 x 200 = 5.2 million AD just to get a rank 6 event item to rank 7 Doohickey.

However, the cheapest Doohickey goes for 1.475 million AD in the AH. Obviously, it makes no sense to spend the time to craft it yourself as well as buy or farm the refinement items.

Even if you want to lose money and time crafting all the way, you still won't be able to do so since even if you buy out all the simple leathers in the AH, you still only have a little more than 10% of the required resources.

Curious mind ponders how the economics of this event works...
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Get it: The Apparatus is a ZEN mount, not an event mount.

Unless you are heavily botting, there is no way you make enough Doohickeys to get the mount. All mounts you are seeing right now are from Blueprints.

I think a player should be able to get the top tier reward with reasonable effort and time investment. Considering that, the event is a total fail.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    niburu2012 wrote: »
    Is there a list of resources needed to upgrade the little event thing dropped by the mobs from rank 1 to rank 7 we can look at ?

Yes - a list of the complete set of reagents and RP would be very useful as the wiki doesn't have the information either. :(
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Curious mind ponders how the economics of this event works...

10x Blueprint (550k ADs) = Doohickey (1.4M ADs)

The ones that own ZEN profit. The rest may ask themselves how to grind for ~3500 Grommets or how to get enough refining points through professions (hint: hot happening).
  • Options
    radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited July 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Yes - a list of the complete set of reagents and RP would be very useful as the wiki doesn't have the information either. :(

I was the one who posted the information earlier. But it was removed.
  • Options
    smaster1982smaster1982 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ok, I don't usually come on here to complain, but this has really upset me. I just traded in two Doohickey and both times I got 1 Wondrous Gizmo, 1 Flawless Sapphire, and 5 Preservation Wards. Not to mention what feels like from the game a big screw you. Thanks for spending all this AD and zen for nothing. Now take your rank 5 and start all over again. Oh and here's the wards you used in the first place to help you...ha...ha...ha

What exactly is a "Good Chance" for the mount anyways? Like 5% instead of 1%? It's really disheartening to spend all this time and money working for this to get the worst rewards you can get twice in a row. Some sort of variance would have been nice to see at least.

Guess I'll just jump on the band wagon. Get all my toons making profession mats and sell them at outrageous prices on the AH like everyone else...

I can honestly say this is the last $20 of Zen I will ever be buying from these guys...

Signed,
    Devoted Player, Long Time Financial Supporter, Customer That Has Lost Faith...

P.S. This is not an I Quit Thread. I will continue to play this game out of my long time respect for D&D.
  • Options
    twitticlestwitticles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 92
    edited July 2014
    For the first time in a long while I was actually slightly excited about this event looking at the rewards in the calendar, as they were drastically different from every other event thus far. Now that it turns out to be a straight "cash for reward" event which of course has been the obvious theme for most additions to the game the last six months, that excitement has quickly turned into a "Well what other game should I play instead of waste time in NW?".
    Imagine what'd happen if someone who actually cared about player sentiment had some sway at the PW table.
  • Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Get it: The Apparatus is a ZEN mount, not an event mount.

Unless you are heavily botting, there is no way you make enough Doohickeys to get the mount. All mounts you are seeing right now are from Blueprints.

I think a player should be able to get the top tier reward with reasonable effort and time investment. Considering that, the event is a total fail.

It's times like this I wonder whether they should make all the various qualities of mount or companion available in these events, i.e. green, blue, purple. The people with a lot of money or a lot of time can get the best quality, others can at least get something that could perhaps then be upgraded later. That's if they want the top items to be exclusive, otherwise I agree that the event should be such that the average player should be able to get what they want with a reasonable time investment.

Maybe I'm wrong in viewing these events as something that's designed for everyone to participate in though.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    10x Blueprint (550k ADs) = Doohickey (1.4M ADs)

The ones that own ZEN profit. The rest may ask themselves how to grind for ~3500 Grommets or how to get enough refining points through professions (hint: hot happening).

Does the blueprint only give 1.8k refinement points each but not come with the resource reagents? You need both RP (which you can either buy the blueprint or farm grommets) AND the reagents (e.g. simple leather) to upgrade the grommets and such.

Correct me if I am wrong... You don't turn 550k worth of Blueprint into 1.45+ million worth of Doohickey. You just spend 550k more on top of the 5.2 million worth of simple leathers to craft a 1.45 million worth of Doohickey AND even if you are willing to do so just for "fun" you still can't because there is a shortage of resources.
  • Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    you really expected to get an epic mount for only 20$? odds are the drop rate is the same as all the lockbox mounts, or maybe 1% more lol, i tried 5 times to no avail
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Does the blueprint only give 1.8k refinement points each but not come with the resource reagents? You need both RP (which you can either buy the blueprint or farm grommets) AND the reagents (e.g. simple leather) to upgrade the grommets and such.

Correct me if I am wrong... You don't turn 550k worth of Blueprint into 1.45+ million worth of Doohickey. You just spend 550k more on top of the 5.2 million worth of simple leathers to craft a 1.45 million worth of Doohickey AND even if you are willing to do so just for "fun" you still can't because there is a shortage of resources.

Yes, but anyone who has alts is just fine at getting crating materials. Doohickey's require all Level 1 crafting items. I just had my twelve characters make one crafter each (5 secs), and do the 6 hour Deep Gather for 10 ea. materials.

Very easy to get those mats.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Yes, but anyone who has alts is just fine at getting crating materials. Doohickey's require all Level 1 crafting items. I just had my twelve characters make one crafter each (5 secs), and do the 6 hour Deep Gather for 10 ea. materials.

Very easy to get those mats.

It may not be hard to get 10 simple leather to upgrade a rank 1 to a rank 2 but how many are needed to get a rank 1 to rank 7? According to the person who gave the simple leather quote, it was 26.6k. I did not bother to verify it but if somebody knows how many ores, leathers, etc are needed to craft a rank 7 Doohickey please tell us so. I am sure many people know since there are already many rank 7 Doohickey in the AH.

As it stands now, I think instead of getting the Doohickey, I will rather just sell my resources at an grossly overpriced 200 each to take advantage of this senseless event.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Maybe I'm wrong in viewing these events as something that's designed for everyone to participate in though.

Kind of looking at this event in the same way. It isnt a terrible event. But It definitely wasnt made in mind for all.

Just to get a rank 6 to rank 7(doohicky). 12000 RP. 5 RP per grom drop. Thats 2400 grom drops not including any crits. With the drops being time restricted, meaning no matter how many mobs you kill you only get 1 drop every 25-30 sec.

It would take you approx 16 hours nonstop farming to get from rank6 to rank7. This doesnt include rank 1 to rank 6 or rank 4 if you can craft it to rank 6.

This event is definitely not aimed at casual players or f2p players, its not effecting the AD backlog at all, it says a good chance? wth is a good chance 3% since lockboxes are like 1%?

Idk about this.. Seems more like a zen event. It feels like they are running alot of zen events to recoup the development cost on the console and Mod4 or something.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's really disheartening to spend all this time and money working for this to get the worst rewards you can get twice in a row.

Twice? roflmao. You for some reason expected better?

You stand a greater chance winning the lottery twice in a row.

Welcome to .000000000000001% chance.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    It may not be hard to get 10 simple leather to upgrade a rank 1 to a rank 2 but how many are needed to get a rank 1 to rank 7? According to the person who gave the simple leather quote, it was 26.6k. I did not bother to verify it but if somebody knows how many ores, leathers, etc are needed to craft a rank 7 Doohickey please tell us so. I am sure many people know since there are already many rank 7 Doohickey in the AH.

As it stands now, I think instead of getting the Doohickey, I will rather just sell my resources at an grossly overpriced 200 each to take advantage of this senseless event.

The Doohickey Requires:

Wool Scraps
    Simple Pelts
    Pine Wood
    Iron Ore

I don't have the exact numbers, but it was around 100 of each item. I have 12 toon (2 mains). I simply scavenged my crafting mats for my first Doohickey and should have enough tomorrow morning for another one.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014

I don't know where 5.2M worth of simple leather is coming from. The reagents you need to upgrade to Doohickey are minor. For the Doohickey you need 50 Pine Wood, 90 Iron Ore, 90 Spool of Thread and 90 Wool Scraps. Yes, you absolutely turn 550k (+150k Reagent cost MAX) into 1.4M.

It's even easier: You can nearly make 200% with Blueprints. Worth 55k AD and are going for 100k+ currently.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I have no idea why people are opposed with getting "the new mount." Thoughts to consider:

1) They're not account wide.
    2) Another "new mount" will be out in no time (Mod 4 is two weeks away).
    3) Buying a mount from the ZEN store is account wide and insanely cost effective.

Next time, sell the Doohickey's. You could be sitting on some nice AD now.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I don't know where 5.2M worth of simple leather is coming from. The reagents you need to upgrade to Doohickey are minor. For the Doohickey you need 50 Pine Wood, 90 Iron Ore, 90 Spool of Thread and 90 Wool Scraps. Yes, you absolutely turn 550k (+150k Reagent cost MAX) into 1.4M.

Yep yep! Thanks for posting the exact numbers.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited July 2014

It's even easier: You can nearly make 200% with Blueprints. Worth 550k AD and are going for 100k+ currently.

Why are they selling for 100k+?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    izidius wrote: »

Mistype, Blueprints are 55k.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Because AD backlog, limited time event (you wont get zen from exchange unless you put in order a week ago). Just like everything else above the AD/zen 500/1 conversion.

Its 100k+.
    We can pretend.
    Oh Wonder - Without You

- Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited July 2014
    I'll be nice and post this again.

1 W. grommet = 5RP

1 W. cog needs 20 RP + 10 iron ores [100% chance]

1 W. sprocket needs 60 RP + 10 iron ore + 5 simple pelts [95% chance]

1 W. gadget needs 180 RP + 20 iron ore + 50 charcoal + 10 wool scraps [90% chance]

1 W. gizmo needs 810 RP + 50 simple pelt + 90 spool of thread + 50 solvent [85% chance]

1 W. thingamabob needs 3240 RP + 25 pine wood + 50 iron ore + 50 simple pelt [80% chance]

1 Doohickey needs 12960 RP + 50 pine wood + 90 iron ore + 90 spool of thread +90 wool scrap [75% chance???] - did not try

Total RP needed = 17270 RP = 3454 grommets = 9.6 blueprints (about 10) = 1100 Zen
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    That is nice ty.
    We can pretend.
    Oh Wonder - Without You

- Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    drezzatdrezzat Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sorry but I have to agree seems a little much to expect for twice, and what did you spend money on?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    drezzatdrezzat Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    "Furthermore players will be able to use the Neverwinter Gateway to collect event items through Sword Coast Adventures as well as collecting refinement items by completing Event Profession Tasks."

could someone explain this please, I see no event dungeon on the gateway nor have I seen any "Event Profession Tasks".
    What are Event Profession Tasks, where are they etc and how do we or what does"collect event items through Sword Coast Adventures" mean
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Yep, insane ZEN backlog and limited amount of crafting materials. I suspect we'll see a strong drop over the weekend, but who knows. It's a strong item for PVP (that little sucker can crit!), and will be highly sought after because it's permanent. This is why it's important to always have some reserve ZEN, even if it's just a few hundred.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    drezzat wrote: »
    "Furthermore players will be able to use the Neverwinter Gateway to collect event items through Sword Coast Adventures as well as collecting refinement items by completing Event Profession Tasks."

could someone explain this please, I see no event dungeon on the gateway nor have I seen any "Event Profession Tasks".
    What are Event Profession Tasks, where are they etc and how do we or what does"collect event items through Sword Coast Adventures" mean
    On the top left, when viewing the Sword Coast Adventure main screen, hover over "Today's Event" to get details. Here's a quote to save time:
    Today's event: Wonders of Gond

All tier 1 through tier 6 challenges within Sword Coast Adventures have a chance to give out Wondrous Grommets!
    You can find the Profession Tasks in Alchemy, Artificing, Weaponsmithing, Leatherworking, Metalsmithing, and Platesmithing by unchecking the two options that hide tasks of higher level and missing resources, then search for "Special" and you should find one task in each of those professions.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    radtatat wrote: »
    ...Total RP needed = 17270 RP = 3454 grommets = 9.6 blueprints (about 10) = 1100 Zen

3,454 grommets, eh? Or roughly $11 US? I'm out.
    Glad you told me. I was collecting grommets!!!

Think I'll just get the Happy Meal toy.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
This discussion has been closed.