Install Arc
Options

Event Discussion: 'Wonders of Gond'

Comments

• Options
    arcanaxearcanaxe Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    akemnos wrote: »
    miscellanous. the grommetts are 2500 ad each though so far.

This is exactly what im talking about, people which exploit other just so that they can get more AD. So tired of how this system works. I was playing little Neverwinter as it is, was enjoying the events every so often, but I think this event has pushed it too far.
    Ill just move on to something else. Been playing more than a year now. So yeah.
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    whoa what happened to the post with what it cost to refine the items? was it incorrect information or something?
  • Options
    boltages3boltages3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This looks like a beautiful start of a new chapter! Events that make you spend stuff to gain stuff!
    Lets make an event where ppl can spend their things instead of gaining things,omg sounds **** great! ;)

Event Feedback:
    LOOL

Ty,im done.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Definitely. I've only ever gone for Professions XP-Only and all those chests and skill nodes I've been opening for almost 18 months will finally pay-off. So many I have multiple maxed-out stacks of stuff. LOL

I need to leave work early so I can get my stuff on the market soon - your large piles of supplies might create a market glut! :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    whoa what happened to the post with what it cost to refine the items? was it incorrect information or something?

Different thread; it's still there.
  • Options
    gothashotgothashot Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    Yes, yes, yes....finally something to do with all my level 20 professions and multiple stacks of 999 resources I have collected over the course of playing ;)

My sentiments exactly! :D
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Have you found it? I can't seem to find it now either O_o
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Already happening. Good job ruining the event, AH hoarders.. Allow me to present you a little gift: _|_ Stop making this game all about AD and let people have fun for a change. Ah who am I preaching to.. nobody gives a kg of horse manure anyway..
    There goes my goodwill to farm 4000 cogs in 3 days.

One of these days Cryptic will come up with an event that they won't allow anyone to ruin / requires the zen market to complete. I doubt many of us will still be here by then.
    I think the gift you wanted to give them is ..!.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Check your level 6 crafting professions, guys. You can make the items if needed. I think some people are under the impression everything is from drops.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    no it was definately this thread. my post is in another but i got that info from this one? basically I am wondering does it actually require extra resources other than gond material to refine. the screenshots from the event news does not show that
  • Options
    kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Have you found it? I can't seem to find it now either O_o

EDIT: Answered by above poster
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    kirkcaldy wrote: »

No ,it was a full list detailing exactly what was needed from the level 1 item right up to the level 7 item including what materials etc and how many RP , why would anybody delete important information like that for a very limited time event O_o
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    exactly unless the post was woefully misleading in what it was saying that information is very important.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah well, it also included an "I quit" statement.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    it was important information. They could have just removed that one line, which is something they have done thousands of times in the past. although it would not surprise me to have all of these posts removed now.
  • Options
    stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    they should make the toy permanent.. I like novelty items
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wow guess i'll be back in 3 days after the smoke clears to see if I can buy any of the items for reasonable amounts right now 30 hours of grinding in 3 days plus crazy profession prices makes this a no go for me - my thoughts on this one is epic fail (again....3 in a row I think sadly)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    yeah I was really looking forward to this but now not so much. I will have to see what the upgrading costs really are when i get home but definately not enthused with what i have read so far.
  • Options
    ixotlixotl Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So Grommets refine to Cogs which refine to Sprockets which refine to Gadgets.
    Anyway, what I have is:
    Grommet -> Cog requires 20 RP, 10 Iron Ore and has 100% success;
    Cog -> Sprocket <<< forgot to write this one, or are Cogs and Sprockets the same thing?>>;
    Sprocket -> Gadget requires 180 RP, 10 Wool Scraps, 50 Charcoal, 20 Iron Ore;
    Gadget -> ???

Can someone fill in the gaps? What is the full progression?

Sure would be nice to go after that mount. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    It's just under 13,000 RP for the last rank and a whack of profession assets (which pray you have as the AH was bought out and re-listed at 500x values about 10 minutes after the patch...)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I can confirm after 4 hours of non stop grinding in Shar, Dread and IWD I have never seen a drop other then Grommets as well. Sad to say the least that last upgrade of almost 13,000 RP at 5 points ever 30 seconds max.... sure makes those 110 zen books seem like the only way to pay err play!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I can give the rp costs only.

Grommet is worth 5 rp

Cog requires 20 rp
    Sprocket requires 60
    Gadget requires 180
    Gizmo requires 810
    Thingamabob requires 3240
    Doohickey requires - 12960
  • Options
    harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'll be honest, I just want the blacksmith outfit and I'll be happy. I wouldn't mind the apparatus as well, but it's not important enough to burn several million AD getting the **** thing.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    yep using only grommets dropped by enemies it is a 28 hour grind to get a doohickey, not including if you need to get the neccessary profession resources.

the event is 96 hours so that means you need to spend at least 29% of the event time grinding away if you were starting from scracth with no way to get any upgraded pieces.

not to mention you then have to grind some more to get another rank 6 if you want the fashion collection stuff too (and thats only if you were lucky enough to get the mount on your first try)
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Check your level 6 crafting professions, guys. You can make the items if needed. I think some people are under the impression everything is from drops.

Although not super usefull itself. you can get an ancient curio from crafting I believe which will get you a xvim belt. Those sell for a few hundred k and are bta even after equipping!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    really? it does not show the curio as a possiblity when crafting in the gateway. But then again it shows a rank 3 in each of the tiers when the base window shows rank 1, 2 and 3's so i guess its anyones guess.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    really? it does not show the curio as a possiblity when crafting in the gateway. But then again it shows a rank 3 in each of the tiers when the base window shows rank 1, 2 and 3's so i guess its anyones guess.

Every other event had a way to obtain them and the mad man that you trade the curio to talks about it :)
  • Options
    adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes... the last stage 13k RP would require a 21.6 hour nonstop grind under ideal conditions ... realistically you need to be grinding the entire event from morning till evening.

I think I will make something better in my spare time.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
This discussion has been closed.