test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF vs other class

Comments

• pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    no problem when fighting a Gf when hes blocking you save your encounters and do a short sprint through his character model just enough to get right behind him then hit takedown it work 99% of the time.

from fighting/watching most GWF the rotation usually goes FLS takedown into IBS, personally i think it would be better to go takedown ibs into FLS.

honestly though your better off switching to swordmaster now that TR has 3 charges and cant be spammed.

Wrong. First, as i explained above, sprint through and takedown works only against scrubs but is much less effective against top PvPers who lock on you and turn fast.

Also: opening with takedown...may work against GFs, but against HRs, permas and CWs you would miss 99% of the times, unless they are pug scrubs.

Swordmaster is useless. IV at least has these 3 charges and FLS. With swordmaster, what would you use? Takedown? Good PvPers dodge it easily. Flourish? Even easier to dodge. SM is useless in PvP, even more in module 4...
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    68ro1l.jpg

nedrm0.jpg

this is the perfect build for Sentinel , more or less. the key to this build is Intimidation.
    try this. but still it has minuses..like cooldowns.

for that guy who said GWF had easy? wtf you sayin.. this update isn't some divine update where we gwf should repent our sins.. this update should be to balance the classes, but for some reasons from people like you the devs won't do that, because you truly like that your class to be OP and i want all classes to be balanced as much as possible, here is a difference between our opinions.
    even i as GWF playn on live i wish that hr to be balanced more, not to be nerfed and unplayable.. geez.

either way... there aren't any solid builds as there are to many nerfs to the gwf mechanics...

but if the CW will have they shield nerfed , this build is viable against CW's
    if the HR won't do so much damage or heal so much this build is viable
    if the damage goes through GF block this build is viable

and there are other things that can improve this build.
  • bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    How well were you expecting to do by rolling your face across all buttons as soon as the cooldowns came up?

Oh and that hilarious fight against the GF, with full Potions, and you smash every encounter into his shield. Such strong evidence, GWFs nerfed to the ground, amirte? :rolleyes:
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    saini50990 wrote: »
    i tried lifesteal with endless consumption b4 but it didnt pan cause , when compared with benefits with regeneration , regeneration had more benefits.
    and more of the videos, there were some lag but u can clearly see the uselessness felt by me or will feel in next mod.
    GWF vs TR
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGu27KA1P48
    GWF vs HR
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrIOqjqmBgE
    GWF vs GF
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIFPI6Yegk8
    the build is as shown in pics
    (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?717311-GWF-vs-other-class&p=8522571&viewfull=1#post8522571)
    As we can see, perma-stealth is not only canon-deviating but also game-breaking. Rogues should be semi-squishy. When countering a fighter, their chance to win should not be high. Personally, I don't blame TRs as they are forced to do that by the ill-immplementation.

And HR's implementation is questionable, too. Ranger is mainly a ranged class so it should be semi-squishy. But that video shows the HR's hp is barely decreasing. I see it is 95%-100% all the time. When a ranger can face tank a fighter and have 95%+ hp all the time, something is wrong.

Imho, the two examples exactly shows how the so-called PvP balance ruins the nature of each class.

Of course, the implementation of GWF itself is questionable, too. Fighter should be disciplined warrior, not raged barbarian.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lcwwpyjhjs wrote: »
    I'm just gonna give some feedback :
    TR match : FLS misses non stop, Takedown when he's ITC, IBS and killed his dummy twice. So..
    HR match : skill miss 5/10. But pretty much nothing can kill HR.
    GF match : FLS / Takedown when he's blocking, Non stop hitting when GF use supremacy of steel. I'll stop here.

My honest Opinion :)

My two main toons in NVW are fighters and Doms make up most of my in-game time. I've seen all kinds of players - GFs who know only 1 thing - the prone chain , GWFs with awesome gear who just charge at everything without a second thought.
    I mean no offence but OP seems to be one of those GWFs who think just because they took that particular class and equipped him with super gear, they can just facetank and kill anything. That is wrong currently on LIVE and twice as wrong on Preview. I cant recall how many times I've met such GWFs while on my GF SM, those guys who keep chargin' even while I'm invulnerable an reflect damage back at them. Sorry OP, as a fellow GWF player I think you are one of those who contribute the most to our bad rep.

PS: That being said the HR is really on another level as it seems
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
    edited July 2014
    emilemo wrote: »
    My two main toons in NVW are fighters and Doms make up most of my in-game time. I've seen all kinds of players - GFs who know only 1 thing - the prone chain , GWFs with awesome gear who just charge at everything without a second thought.
    I mean no offence but OP seems to be one of those GWFs who think just because they took that particular class and equipped him with super gear, they can just facetank and kill anything. That is wrong currently on LIVE and twice as wrong on Preview. I cant recall how many times I've met such GWFs while on my GF SM, those guys who keep chargin' even while I'm invulnerable an reflect damage back at them. Sorry OP, as a fellow GWF player I think you are one of those who contribute the most to our bad rep.

PS: That being said the HR is really on another level as it seems

It's true, but i wonder why when there's a GWF smashing his encounters on shield block/ ITC people laugh at it and obviously say he's a bad player. But when people smash encounters on Unstoppable and complain then how GWFs are OP and must be nerfed ,it's ok and the GWF is the bad guy.

The way the OP play, is the way most TR/ HR/ CW/ GF play and that's why they see the GWF as an unstoppable killing machine.

Even if he was not wasting his encounters, still:

- Catching the perma through his ITC- stealth- dodge roll- decoy rotation with what GWFs have in module 4, is still a huge pain in the ***. And, as shown in the video, once you do, you deal chip damage while the TR is constantly eating out your HP

- HR video is just self explanatory. As bad as the GWF can be, it's a 17k GWF not being able to take away not even 1/10 of the HR HPs.

- The GF in the last video takes chip damage and deals way more damage than the GWF. And that 49k build for sure is not a DPS build. Still, deals way more damage than a warrior with a huge 2H weapon.

The thing is, the GWF is still a punching bag, but with less survivability across the class (determination gain much slower), a severe damage nerf, mobility and CC nerf. So they take more damage, struggle to even catch the enemy, and once they do, they deal little damage and the enemy is free very fast.

And consider that dedicated PvPers from top guilds have better skills and can do better than the HR, TR and GF in the video.
  • obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i tried lifesteal with endless consumption b4 but it didnt pan cause , when compared with benefits with regeneration , regeneration had more benefits.
    and more of the videos, there were some lag but u can clearly see the uselessness felt by me or will feel in next mod.
    GWF vs TR
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGu27KA1P48
    GWF vs HR
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrIOqjqmBgE
    GWF vs GF
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIFPI6Yegk8
    the build is as shown in pics
    (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?717311-GWF-vs-other-class&p=8522571&viewfull=1#post8522571)

What can i say...I think it is end of age when GWF were shoot his skill around and he can kill everyone. Full rank 10 now means nothing, time to learn some skill in pvp ;]
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    TR match : FLS misses non stop, Takedown when he's ITC, IBS and killed his dummy twice. So..
    GF match : FLS / Takedown when he's blocking, Non stop hitting when GF use supremacy of steel. I'll stop here.

Thats what I saw too! Almost looks like a set up to lose?
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • v1rus89v1rus89 Member Posts: 83
    edited July 2014
    No offense, but that's not mod 3, looks like you actually need to land stuff now and learn how other classes work.
    No rank 10 is gonna save if you dont.
    Virus, Enemy Team.
    edited July 2014
    pando83 wrote: »
    It's true, but i wonder why when there's a GWF smashing his encounters on shield block/ ITC people laugh at it and obviously say he's a bad player. But when people smash encounters on Unstoppable and complain then how GWFs are OP and must be nerfed ,it's ok and the GWF is the bad guy.

The way the OP play, is the way most TR/ HR/ CW/ GF play and that's why they see the GWF as an unstoppable killing machine.

Even if he was not wasting his encounters, still:

- Catching the perma through his ITC- stealth- dodge roll- decoy rotation with what GWFs have in module 4, is still a huge pain in the ***. And, as shown in the video, once you do, you deal chip damage while the TR is constantly eating out your HP

- HR video is just self explanatory. As bad as the GWF can be, it's a 17k GWF not being able to take away not even 1/10 of the HR HPs.

- The GF in the last video takes chip damage and deals way more damage than the GWF. And that 49k build for sure is not a DPS build. Still, deals way more damage than a warrior with a huge 2H weapon.

The thing is, the GWF is still a punching bag, but with less survivability across the class (determination gain much slower), a severe damage nerf, mobility and CC nerf. So they take more damage, struggle to even catch the enemy, and once they do, they deal little damage and the enemy is free very fast.

And consider that dedicated PvPers from top guilds have better skills and can do better than the HR, TR and GF in the video.

All of the above has been said and repeaed many times in the official feedback thread. I've said it myself. If everything stays as it is for Mod 4, then we need at least 1 prone in the form of Takedown.
  • lisaxxiilisaxxii Member Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014

THIS THIS THIS!!! X100000

Also, its open world, you are 1v1ing, companions, full elixirs, ect ect ect.

None of that is relevant to PvP in its current state. (Domination)
    Enemy Team
    edited July 2014
    lisaxxii wrote: »
    THIS THIS THIS!!! X100000

Also, its open world, you are 1v1ing, companions, full elixirs, ect ect ect.

None of that is relevant to PvP in its current state. (Domination)

Yeah, this this this unless the fact that

- GWF got stripped of roar BASE rooting effect, FLS prone and got 3 charges of TR which are to put against ranged classes with tons of DPS AND tons of immunity dodges, moves or stealth. Or block. You name it, any class got IMMUNITY to damage. Except GWF.

- All prones removed. With tenacity, the new "stun" lasts pretty much 1 second, few millisecond more. In that second you've to eventually close the gap created when you FLS/ takedown a moving enemy, and IBS (IBS animation alone takes 1 second).

- After taking a ton of damage due to buffs to other classes and double nerf to unstoppable, you can hit may be (if you catch the opponent) with IBS, which now hits for A LOT less. Like a wet noodle, pretty much, on tank enemies.

Counts done it's a heavy nerf to

- Class mechanic (Unstoppable, determination gain much slower + DR reduced by 40%)
    - CC: Removed all prones while ranged classes still have them (seriously, a CW or HR can prone, and a GWF with takedown can't. What a joke). Indirect nerf to IBS damage. FLS now useless range to catch ranged/ stealth enemies. Roar basic rooting effect removed. Useless in PvP now. Makes a total ZERO ranged CC, which is a need in PvP since HRs, TRs, CWs all have a lot of dodges and mobility on top of ranged attacks. Which leads to
    - Flourish useless power so slow a blind player can dodge it. Boosted in DPS. Which, since it does connect, equals to a useless buff.
    - direct damage nerf to takedown.

It's a wave of nerfs, often resulting in double nerfs and other nerfs piling up together. Result is: GWF now can tank less damage, hit for a lot less, and CC nobody in PvP. Being unable, after being kited and damaged, to even land that one takedown prone+ IBS results, ON TEST, to the GWF now being pretty much a punching bag with few crappy ways to catch the enemy, which pretty much can work around 50% against puggers, and 0% against experienced PvPers.

It would be nice if all the nerf-enthusiasts supporters of game balance would actually just test GWFs on preview and post a video showing how balanced it is. Cause it is not.

One thing is balance, another thing is nerfing a class to unusefulness, just to please some angry whining kid.

GWFs needed to be toned down and fixed A BIT, and CWs, GFs and DCs buffed. Buffing the other classes and overnerfing GWFs will surely make the whiners happy, but you'll see, the class will be back to module 1 when people laughed at them.
    -
    edited July 2014

- GWF got stripped of roar BASE rooting effect, FLS prone and got 3 charges of TR which are to put against ranged classes with tons of DPS AND tons of immunity dodges, moves or stealth. Or block. You name it, any class got IMMUNITY to damage. Except GWF.

- All prones removed. With tenacity, the new "stun" lasts pretty much 1 second, few millisecond more. In that second you've to eventually close the gap created when you FLS/ takedown a moving enemy, and IBS (IBS animation alone takes 1 second).

- After taking a ton of damage due to buffs to other classes and double nerf to unstoppable, you can hit may be (if you catch the opponent) with IBS, which now hits for A LOT less. Like a wet noodle, pretty much, on tank enemies.

Counts done it's a heavy nerf to

- Class mechanic (Unstoppable, determination gain much slower + DR reduced by 40%)
    - CC: Removed all prones while ranged classes still have them (seriously, a CW or HR can prone, and a GWF with takedown can't. What a joke). Indirect nerf to IBS damage. FLS now useless range to catch ranged/ stealth enemies. Roar basic rooting effect removed. Useless in PvP now. Makes a total ZERO ranged CC, which is a need in PvP since HRs, TRs, CWs all have a lot of dodges and mobility on top of ranged attacks. Which leads to
    - Flourish useless power so slow a blind player can dodge it. Boosted in DPS. Which, since it does connect, equals to a useless buff.
    - direct damage nerf to takedown.

It's a wave of nerfs, often resulting in double nerfs and other nerfs piling up together. Result is: GWF now can tank less damage, hit for a lot less, and CC nobody in PvP. Being unable, after being kited and damaged, to even land that one takedown prone+ IBS results, ON TEST, to the GWF now being pretty much a punching bag with few crappy ways to catch the enemy, which pretty much can work around 50% against puggers, and 0% against experienced PvPers.

It would be nice if all the nerf-enthusiasts supporters of game balance would actually just test GWFs on preview and post a video showing how balanced it is. Cause it is not.

One thing is balance, another thing is nerfing a class to unusefulness, just to please some angry whining kid.

GWFs needed to be toned down and fixed A BIT, and CWs, GFs and DCs buffed. Buffing the other classes and overnerfing GWFs will surely make the whiners happy, but you'll see, the class will be back to module 1 when people laughed at them.
    -

Post it all in the official thread bro, it is as you say it.
  • lcwwpyjhjslcwwpyjhjs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Let me rephase ROAR for you :

TdkWvAN.jpg

There is no 'BASE rooting effect'. What ROAR did in live server now is never meant to happened. The skill is bugged itself.

But I do agree that GWF need a prone, like takedown.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Let me rephase ROAR for you :

TdkWvAN.jpg

There is no 'BASE rooting effect'. What ROAR did in live server now is never meant to happened. The skill is bugged itself.

But I do agree that GWF need a prone, like takedown.

Whats funny though is the REASON for the GWF nerfs were that (DEVS words) "GWFs were too good in PVP"

Well then they 'correct' as you say it:
    - Roar (incorrectly was rooting and passing CC immunity)
    - Unstoppable Recovery (healing 2x what it was supposed to)
    - PVP T1 set (healing 2x what it was supposed to)

Then instead of testing those 'corrections' and THEN trying to balance they THEN overnerf every ability PVP GWFs were using....

How about you "fix" the broken issues, throw it on LIVE and see how it fairs. Chances are, youll see ALOT less people whining about GWF in PVP.
    edited July 2014
    godmode told me that i need to be smart, he might be right... but still gwf doesn't have from what to choose atm to make a build..
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yes, the roar had a "bug" ... since the beta? received a damage buff / speed but just now this serious problem was identified.

Or this "bug" is a retroactive excuse by a bad change or for more than one year, the combat designer NEVER had preoccupation in knowing gwf, whether its flaws and advantages. is just a - wrong - computer "code"

This second hypothesis explains why the swordmaster remains unchanged.

...bug.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I want to add my self to this thread .
    About the op he is mybe not soo bad but her connection is super bad i saw him now on prev he got some brutal laag .

But i can confirm i dont saw any GWF on prev (all of them have pvp build ) how can deafeat a good HR or CW player .
    From what i can tell GF vs GWF is almost fair fight. I am really happy for our ugly sisters :).
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    new video against HR based on above suggestion
    http://youtu.be/X2wpeEXlNCE
    ur 2 cent on it
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Sad to say that's true, videos were not by any standards accurate to what a GWF can do. Just another BiS geared GWF that lacks a punch in skill or timing. Just to add, you had horrible lag during that recording didn't you? I could see you rubberband each Threatening Rush, your Takedowns miss almost all the time, your sprint is jittery. I don't know if you're in fact outskilled in that video. You were lagging too much, for sure.

But I'd like to see a better GWF reproduce these results if I were to be convinced GWF needs a monumental buff at this time.
    edited July 2014
    *grabs popcorn* and listens to rustlord tellin us how hr/cw have tactics and weed doesn't , but we don't expect rustlord to post a video of his gwf or icwwpyjhs ... maybe majority is dumb ..
    edited July 2014
    *grabs popcorn* and listens to rustlord tellin us how hr/cw have tactics and weed doesn't , but we don't expect rustlord to post a video of his gwf or icwwpyjhs ... maybe majority is dumb ..
    there is barely any timing to get hr in takedown or FS.
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    there is barely any timing to get hr in takedown or FS.

I mostly commented on his lag. Let's see you play with that condition and suck badly, but fine, you want to argue OK. Weed didn't have optimal anything besides his gear and build. Apparently, that's not all there is to winning. Might I share a few tips to enlighten those who defend the videos:

/gfxSetDefaultFOV 70 (or higher) ~ you practically can't see anything in the default 55, especially;
    the HUD is too big, downscale it in the settings or at least rearrange things for best visibility

~ don't attack a TR's dummy
    ~ don't attack a GF in Supremacy of Steel
    ~ don't mash encounters against shield block
    ~ DON'T hope to win against the HR
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I suggest lets wait next week patch.
    Mybe with the new stun duration we can land some encounters .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    The gf only hit those numbers due to anvil of doom and the get being at such low health its essentially a finisher that's what your seeing other than that the gf did not do out of this world damage. Talk about how other classes work sheesh
  • verzavusverzavus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Your spec ****ing sucks is why you lost.
    edited July 2014

indeed.. almost 2 weeks until the patch...hope we see someth interesting on this week patch.
    edited July 2014
    Guys you really are kidding yourself here, plus no one of you even tested a GWF on preview, i am pretty sure. Tested it today, and i assure you i make no mistakes unless it's due to lag. 1 year PvP experience and the plain facts are:

HRs are way OP. A 13k HR with 1 artifact is already stronger than a geared 15-16k GWF with 3 purple artifacts. 1 HR, i report the line, asked a "2v1 with the 2 GWFs, i just want to see how OP HRs are". Just saying. This was a HR on preview. And it was me with my copied 15-16k GWF, and a 19k GWF. And he could tank BOTH.

Simple reason:

- The stun is a joke. It does not even stop a CW-HR-TR enough, just a little more than 1 second. Then he/ she's already evading. On the other side, all these classes have ways to PRONE you and DPS you ignoring deflect and defenses. GG devs.

- GWF survivability got a HGUE hit due to determination gain nerf. I got to lose 35-40% HP to have Unstoppable up 4 seconds. Talk about ruining a class mechanic. On top of the DR nerf on unstoppable.

- GWF DPS is nerfed to nothingness and sprint IS NOT "in line" with other classes dodges. Also, considering it's not a dodge but a gap closer. A CW has basically the same mobility with his fast teleports. But it's a ranged class with no need to close the gaps.

- HRs, CWs, TRs, all have powers that lock on target. It may lag, but most of your powers will land on a GWF like a homing missile.
    Takedown, FLS, IBS, all are subject to lag and must aim correctly. Plus, IBS and takedown have horribly slow animation in comparison to how fast the other classes dodge. FLS stun IS NOT ENOUGH to let the GWF reach the enemy and land a takedown or any other hit.

Seriously guys: make a GWF and go show us a video of your skills using it on preview. I'm waiting for it. Please.
    edited July 2014

It's also about damage. How come a HR can prone me and DPS me from there, and i can't? Seriously?
    We have to chase the enemy and get damage, and when we reach them we can't land 1 prone and 1 DPS hit? A melee class?

However, testing on preview, current stun with tenacity is like you do not have CC at all. I would laugh so hard if all these whiners talking about "GWFs with no skills" would go on preview and show us a video of them fighting 1v1 an experienced HR, TR or CW with the current GWF and do something good. My bet, they would suck and land may be 1 at-will. With threat rush.
  • saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    verzavus wrote: »
    Your spec ****ing sucks is why you lost.
    ok that was my old spec from live now here is a new video and true my skills were not on par with HR if thats what u wanna say but thats how i played live and so old habits die hard , and here is new build suggested by effesptien
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2wpeEXlNCE
    and give me ur opinion and i will try to correct it. and will try to get more skill in that matter too.
    macjae wrote: »
    And now they are boosting the duration of all the GWF's stuns, giving GWFs long-lasting stuns; 3 seconds base, divided by 1.2 for 20% Tenacity gives 2.5 seconds' worth of stunning time.
    if u look in video HR blocked all my encounters way longer than my takedown , TR smoke bomb stun longer than that , CW icy terrain (single icy terrain) freezes longer than that . HR boar charge or whatever it is called also do prone , while GWF dont have any.