test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter: List of Promotions & Giveaways

Comments

• thirstiusthirstius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    truckula wrote: »
    Now here is the catch, they seem to repeat titles for several weeks in a row. So if you have entered your code and you already have the title from a previous code you do NOT get the title again (or the bag of goods that comes with the title). However, you are still entered into the contest.

Personally I love these little code things and as long as I got a shot at a new fancy title, I am gonna keep going for them, the bag of goods is ok, and the CTA prizes are cool, but I am happy with just a new title.

Interesting. Makes sense, but I'd like to see it confirmed by PWE (Cryptic? what do we call them now?) They didn't mention this when I submitted a ticket, which they resolved by giving me another supply bag, and presumably an entry into the drawing.

If this is true, then I wouldn't be so disillusioned about the process. And I'd try for the next code and title :-)
  • truckulatruckula Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    thirstius wrote: »
    Interesting. Makes sense, but I'd like to see it confirmed by PWE /Cryptic

I would like to see that as well. Perhaps one of those nice mods can sweet talk one of the higher ups to confirm this for us?
    ddfuv.jpg
    Click banner for the Dragon Dogs Family guild page.
  • arcanaxearcanaxe Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Is there any hidden codes for this week?
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'll be looking for it soon as one comes out.

There were some repeat offers - true. I didn't get a pack every time. It came through the last code redeemed though. I think I enjoy the hunt for the code as much as the items/ titles!
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
    edited July 2014
    Woot!! Got the new code!!
    ddfuv.jpg
  • azrael4271azrael4271 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    truckula wrote: »
    Woot!! Got the new code!!

Are they all gone? I found the code but can't redeem it.
  • xxshainexxxxshainexx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I found the code and i've introduced it on my arc reedeem but it dosent work :\ what should i do ? the code is c******r but it dosent work... is there any "-" or something ?
  • jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    xxshainexx wrote: »
    I found the code and i've introduced it on my arc reedeem but it dosent work :\ what should i do ? the code is c******r but it dosent work... is there any "-" or something ?

i can't get it to work either, which is a first for me. it couldn't have run out in less than 2 hours...
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The code this time is using characters that are easily confused with others, as a result of the font used and the way it's hidden. Just remember o/e/c are similar as are r/x in this case.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • crimsonknight52crimsonknight52 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    xxshainexx wrote: »

having the same problem, is it normal for a code to have only 8 characters?
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The problem is with the way it's hidden. The first letter is completely illegible. It's not a c, it's an e. (This isn't giving anything away. You still have to find the code. Sorry, as someone with bad eyesight this doesn't offer many options for rendering it readable. I really hate this method of hiding it.)
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Worked for me. That font really makes it difficult. Just keep trying if you get an error. Plus zoom is your friend.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 847 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    naicalus wrote: »
    The problem is with the way it's hidden. The first letter is completely illegible. It's not a c, it's an e. (This isn't giving anything away. You still have to find the code.

Cheers for that. I found it straight away, but there is no way I'd have figured that the first letter was an 'e' on my own.
    edited July 2014
    naicalus wrote: »
    The problem is with the way it's hidden. The first letter is completely illegible. It's not a c, it's an e. (This isn't giving anything away. You still have to find the code. Sorry, as someone with bad eyesight this doesn't offer many options for rendering it readable. I really hate this method of hiding it.)

This is correct. Also it is not a new title available.
    ddfuv.jpg
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah was a little annoying to read but I still got it first time at least.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    *aaargh* This one is not friendly to people with less than perfect eyesight!

Finally got it ... the second-to last character was the problem for me .. I was off by one there. The first and third are also unclear, but at lease there were only two possibilities in each case.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm getting better at this, I found it within 3 mins. (the blog was shorter, also)
    I had to zoom in to be able to see it better. I wonder what will we win.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well either the code is used up or I just can't make out the correct letters. It won't work for me.
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • dantesinferno76dantesinferno76 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    I'm getting better at this, I found it within 3 mins. (the blog was shorter, also)
    I had to zoom in to be able to see it better. I wonder what will we win.
    Same with me. I could barely make out a couple letters after zooming in but I got it. BTW, "Show redeemed keys" says "Capable Conjurer". Never seen it.
  • goonlaughiegoonlaughie Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2014
    is the code gone? ive been looking for almost an hour and i still cant find it. :(
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    is the code gone? ive been looking for almost an hour and i still cant find it. :(
    It's not in the post itself directly, you have to click on something.
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My wife was able to locate, fill in, and claim the code just now so it is definitely still live. For my part I'm getting a bizarre message that "the item cannot be sent" and that I need to log back in to Neverwinter and try again. Which I did... and it didn't help.

Update: Got it to work but only while I had a character physically logged in to the game. Odd.
  • literaryaceliteraryace Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Is it still good? I can't find a permutation that will work!
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Is it still good? I can't find a permutation that will work!
    It is over. The code is gone from the image and they crossed out the message about there being a code.
  • literaryaceliteraryace Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well phooey. When I saw the image the code was still there, but I couldn't figure it out at all. Oh well, maybe next time
  • valtorinvaltorin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Would anyone happen to know if this weeks reward for the blog code was the same as last weeks? I only ask because I have redeemed the code and the reward claims agent has nothing under any tab for me.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah same title and pack so you'll probably just be entered into the prize draw.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • valtorinvaltorin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for the help on that i did not want to make a ticket if I could solve it here.
  • jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    none this week?
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah looks like we aren't getting a hidden code this week :(
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif