test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kicked after last boss killed, but before looting.

13»

Comments

• Options
    myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This game's pace is set by GWFs who sprint ahead, not wanting to waste their precious invulnerability. I play very differently, very aggressively when I'm piloting my GWF around. No one else can keep up but that doesn't stop 'em from trying. I rarely play my DC or GF with strangers because of my poor experiences with this: all the nodes looted and all the loose coin vacuumed up by the time I arrive at the tail end of the fight.
  • Options
    damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    myles08807 wrote: »
    This game's pace is set by GWFs who sprint ahead, not wanting to waste their precious invulnerability. I play very differently, very aggressively when I'm piloting my GWF around. No one else can keep up but that doesn't stop 'em from trying. I rarely play my DC or GF with strangers because of my poor experiences with this: all the nodes looted and all the loose coin vacuumed up by the time I arrive at the tail end of the fight.

Even a lot of the boons reinforce a fast playstyle - elvish fury for example (stacking power buff). I like both ways myself - sometimes I feel like a fast run other times ill take my time and chat and stuff xD. We are all different in the end.
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    no... cryptic can make a moderator system and ban these players who abuse the system... it is cryptic job enforce laws and make the game a better experience.

Just saying "jerks will be jerks" is not how any good community works, would you love to live in a place where people get your paycheck every month and there is no law enforcement to at least TRY arrest them?

there is no law in this game and people do whatever they please. start banning a lot of exploiters and scammers, just do it for a month and lets see if they keep up with this bullcrap.

Unfortunately, running with your guild is going to be your best bet. Vote kicking is going to be abused no matter how you slice it, and Cryptic can do very little about the behaviors of certain people. Some people are just going to be jerks no matter what you do.
  • Options
    anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    savrai wrote: »
    The second most common reason is a disconnect. I can't really think of a solution for that unless it's possible for the code to detect a DC and allow a kick...
    Please no! Do you know how often I get kicked from dungeons because of a deco? They are so trigger happy. There should be a timer of 5 minutes after deco to give the player a chance to come back.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • Options
    oldfaustoldfaust Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Son on his GF said same thing, hunted down one of the kickers and they told him they take 3 and kick other two and then split loot among themselves and sell stuff on ah.

Made him swear off put tanking.

Now he always takes two friends / guildies to prevent this happening and he plays nice.

Least he claimes he does. He won't play with me.

:-D
  • Options
    jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Honestly, the system needs only to be tweaked a bit.
    If cryptic would follow certain other MMOs' models, this could be fixed. For instance, a "kick" should require (4) yes votes. It should also be unavailable once combat with the final boss has begun. If the boss fight is reset because of a wipe, kicking can be activated again, until combat begins again. While they're at it, people who queue for the dungeon because they were asked to by someone in a chat channel (or guildie) should be able to choose which instance/party they want to join in the queue.
    This stuff is standard operating procedure in some of the more successful MMOs.
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • Options
    kabayorangerkabayoranger Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    if they change the current vote system
    i have a feeling many ninja will start to rise!
  • Options
    fangredwaterfangredwater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    if they change the current vote system
    i have a feeling many ninja will start to rise!

Do you know how stupid you sound. You www.gold.com people should just wipe your a and get along with it. The characters that have done a vote kick after final boss was killed to get MY elusive agent's helmet - Xandria, Hoe-something on 25/7/2014. you can check the LOGS. There was no agreement on greed run. They simply use people and sell the item and sell the AD for $.

Its a well known SCAM !!!

I will be reviewing neverwinter very soon - fix it before this, please
  • Options
    fmultifmulti Member Posts: 59
    edited July 2014
    Funny I see this topic today. Yesterday I pugged and after killing FH last boss, I was getting swarmed by adds when the vote kick window popped up. You know you can't move or do anything while that d*** window is up, so I just pressed "yes". After the loot rolls ended I realised the person kicked had been put to vote FOR NO REASON AT ALL. The player actually sent me a tell, rightfully inflamed. I felt really ashamed, came back to PE ASAP and gave him one purple I got in the run as a 'make up offering', and explained my situation. The guy sounded really pleased to see that at least some people are decent in the world. =p

You see, I had never come across this before, and so far the only three reasons I had seen for vote-kicking were 1) need 2) DC 3) unwanted/unnecesary aggro. So I just assumed the guy put to vote had 'need'ed. I'll just make a point of voting 'no' whenever I'm not sure the vote is just from now on........

Anyway just wanted to share my experience.
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Do you know how stupid you sound. You www.gold.com people should just wipe your a and get along with it. The characters that have done a vote kick after final boss was killed to get MY elusive agent's helmet - Xandria, Hoe-something on 25/7/2014. you can check the LOGS. There was no agreement on greed run. They simply use people and sell the item and sell the AD for $.

Its a well known SCAM !!!

I will be reviewing neverwinter very soon - fix it before this, please

May I ask why you linked a jewelry site onto the Neverwinter forums? I really don't understand how that relates to unfair kicking in dungeons...
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker