test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Chests bugged. Repeat loot. (Delves, Lairs & More)

Comments

• Options
    wolfers1969wolfers1969 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I and several members of my Guild are experiencing the same things. We have run many dung in the past and never have we received the same items this many times. I have received the bracers from VT on 4 runs. One of my mates has received the envoker pet like 10 times. Don't get me wrong he is raking in the AD from the sales in the AH. But we would rather be able to gear up our toons than just make money.

We ask the PWE look into this as well as the fix they did for the T1 chests as it seems it started happening about the same time. Or maybe make them BOE for the time being as a quick fix to help everyone out.

Thank you in advance for any and all assistance..
  • Options
    domo232domo232 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I thought that todays patch will repare that... But no... I still get the same loot...
  • Options
    c0ttyc0tty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I got the same problem with the chest , always same drop from it . Did ToS got same t1 helm 4 times or maybe more . FH gives me same Slavemaster Neck 6 times , VT give's Offhand did more then 10 runs . I'm curios if there are ppl who still get the normal drop from chest since there are only a handfull reporting it here... Would be nice to see admins talking to us also :D
  • Options
    jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    domo232 wrote: »
    I thought that todays patch will repare that... But no... I still get the same loot...

That's disappointing.
    This "bug" or whatever the devs and moderators wish to call it, is simply game-breaking for some ppl, and a huge incentive for others to not log back in until mod 4 (assuming it gets addressed by then).
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • Options
    relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ok. Guys. It's enough. Today I've passed on VT. I logged off and back in 15 or more times and saw no "chest unlocked", though I had DD key in bag. This is so frustrating. I've spent several minutes just logging off and back in! This-is-SPAAA-RTAAA!
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • Options
    hiukulimushiukulimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 117
    edited July 2014
    relativity wrote: »
    Ok. Guys. It's enough. Today I've passed on VT. I logged off and back in 15 or more times and saw no "chest unlocked", though I had DD key in bag. This is so frustrating. I've spent several minutes just logging off and back in! This-is-SPAAA-RTAAA!

you need to use ESC -> Help -> Request Gm help->Stuck -> Unable to Progress through a mission -> abort. It will teleport you out of the dungeon . After that you just click at the top "Return to Istance" and you should be able now to see "Chest Unlocked".
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    hiukulimus wrote: »
    you need to use ESC -> Help -> Request Gm help->Stuck -> Unable to Progress through a mission -> abort. It will teleport you out of the dungeon . After that you just click at the top "Return to Istance" and you should be able now to see "Chest Unlocked".

I wasn't very specific. I tried that one, too. Multiple times. And it didn't help as well. It helped once, when we switched leader, but person who got it the second time was not too helpful so it ended up with me quitting run after several more attempts to request gm help and return to instance. I shouldn't really be forced to do this in the first place.
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
  • Options
    c0ttyc0tty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    This is a bug, thanks for the reports!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator

Hi mate , yes we know its a bug since we reporting about it in the Bug Reports section . What we would like to know is when will it be fixed , you guys working on it or ... should be sit back and w8 till mod 4 is released and hope the chest will be fix with it ?
  • Options
    bubormanokbubormanok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    c0tty wrote: »
    Hi mate , yes we know its a bug since we reporting about it in the Bug Reports section . What we would like to know is when will it be fixed , you guys working on it or ... should be sit back and w8 till mod 4 is released and hope the chest will be fix with it ?

Still didn't work for me after the maintenance. Devs please let us know. Now I can't even go on Epic Dungeons anymore until it is fixed. :(
  • Options
    fallout1111fallout1111 Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2014
    It is still broken as of Thursday evening. Spell plague chests failed to unlock for anyone in the party two of two runs (both during DD, and yes, we had the key as well). Even tried the "fix" suggested above (page 1), no success.
    CN runs had a chest that could be opened half the time (1 of 2 attempts). So as of present, I would recommend skipping any dungeon delving until this major bug is fixed.
  • Options
    keymacrxxkeymacrxx Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    still bug now
    hahaha no chest run :(

The phenomenon that [DD CHEST UNLOCK] disappeared

* Somebody of the PT member is Dissconnect
    * GM Help
    * PT members goes out of PT

sry bad english . ty :D
  • Options
    nubc3ke7331nubc3ke7331 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes the bug is bound to the chest and there for will never get fixed. But hey they released more <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for us that sounds exciting like the new Dragon born legend packs with rank 30 companions O wait that was a lie oops(I mean marketing scheme to show you what they could be minus the 1.25 million ad each to upgrade), o wait instead of fixing broken stuff . MOD4= more broken stuff and same old broken stuff. This sounds epic tell all your friends to come join us :D
  • Options
    escapados2escapados2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Simetimes it needs about five attempts with GM help before chest will be unlocked.
  • Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The bug is quite irritating, but i noticed, that bug appears from beginning of dungeon - e.g. "Chest unlocked" message is not present on right side of screen when you enter dungeon.
    So the kind of fix is to look for this message in begging and if someone in the party doesn't have it, just leave dungeon and re-enter until everyone got it.
  • Options
    galaxy1045galaxy1045 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Friends refuse to run dungeons because they only get the same T1 belt over and over and over again.

Any chance that this issue gets a hotfix or ninja-fix?
    Would PWE say if it's ninja-fixed?
  • Options
    fallout1111fallout1111 Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2014
    Extensive guild testing has confirmed this bug, and it has been around for over a week at least (since 7-17-14). Any given player A in any given epic dungeon B will always get loot C from the chest, assuming it even opens. One particular player now has 26 of the same ring, all collected in the last week.
  • Options
    ctf4voidctf4void Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I can confirm this bug. Hm, I should try to run kessel's retreat once and hope I get a beholder artifact...
  • Options
    namiren94namiren94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Still no DEV comment on this? What the heck? Do you think it's acceptable?
    This bug closed the whole PvE endgame right now, there is zero point in doing anything other than PvP.
  • Options
    ctf4voidctf4void Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ctf4void wrote: »
    I can confirm this bug. Hm, I should try to run kessel's retreat once and hope I get a beholder artifact...
    I ran Kessel's retreat two times, and got different loot. Skirmish chests seem to be not affected by this bug
  • Options
    deathxlongshot9deathxlongshot9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ive received the same Longbow of the Dread Legion, 6 vanguard scrip, 11 seals of the shadowmantle, and 1 shard of lifedrinker for 22 times in a row. Ive tried using epic key, daily key, and delves event to see if it would give me something else.... but with no luck. How can PWE live with this, the high end players who do vt/mc/cn are the ones who get other people involved who then spend money. do they not know this. Not to mention that half the time when going into the dungeon with a key/delves event, it wont even let you open the chest anyway. Fix ASAP. I beg you please fix ASAP!
  • Options
    jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Even a simple, one-sentence reply from a Dev would be appreciated:

Is there a fix being working on with a patch in our near future?
    Has this bug been acknowledged by the Devs yet?
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • Options
    letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    4 and 40 swords for my GWF, and I'm now ultra burned. Need to getaway from Neverwinter and take some rest :eek:
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • Options
    coldbore2coldbore2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Anytime now Devs..

All the nice shiny new content and classes/races don't mean squat if your game is broken. And to be sure, this bug is pretty game breaking, and I wouldn't be surprised to see people move on because of it. Myself included. Please fix.
  • Options
    acidskyacidsky Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2014
    i kow for a fact the PWE is aware of this ive been trying to get ahold of just about anyone i can from pwe i did get this reply at 1 point

"I can confirm that we are already aware of this particular issue"
  • Options
    orikes13orikes13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It would be nice if they would let us know they're working on it.

Since it happened with the 7/17 patch, I know everyone in my guild was hoping it would be fixed in the patch on 7/24. The fact that it wasn't and that no one has responded to this thread has disillusioned quite a few people.

This bug really will be a game killer if it's not fixed soon. There's only so many times you can fling yourself through the same dungeon to get the same reward (that isn't even the piece you're hoping for) or get the piece you already have that you know several guildmates desperately need.
  • Options
    cjkay93cjkay93 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Still no dev comment? Really? This bug is literally gamebreaking - I have to wait god knows how long before I can finally get the High Vizier cap I've been trying to get for 3 weeks now and they can't even acknowledge the bug exists?
  • Options
    forumsutekidoforumsutekido Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I can confirm this T2 Chest bug as well. Been doing T2 dungeons 30-50 times these 3 days and same loot in every chest. Please fix!
  • Options
    letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    still not fix?
    okay back to hearthstone :rolleyes:
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Isn't this somewhat worse then catur's day? And no, I'm not asking for roll-back. I just wonder how this will destabilize so-ah-oh-precious game's economy.
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
  • Options
    thineownmaddnessthineownmaddness Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    considering that it is possible for several characters to get the same loot, the coding change bug has now given everyone the ability to mass farm a single item if it is of high value, and sell it in the AH or mass salvage the item, really

Or if your friendly, give out the item to players who need it and drop the prices in AH drastically, just depends on who you are
This discussion has been closed.