test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Events!

hunter2k2hunter2k2 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi, I was just wondering if Neverwinter events are what i call "recycled". What i mean by this is do events repeat themselves.
I would like another chance to get items that are not available and use left over from previous events.

Thanks in advance..
Post edited by hunter2k2 on

Comments

• Options
    nipidnipid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yea I want know this aswell. I love Sunite Orb and I just hope we will have summer festival again :)
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is the 2nd Festival of Llira, so that is quite likely. :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes they do , we have already had the gift of Tymora , Waukeens coins and Celebration of Lliira twice each , the next big event unless they add a new one and not counting CTA or cash shop ones is the Midsummer festival at the end of next month unless they move the start date.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I hope Midsummer festival doesn't come back. It was unique, a 1-time expereince. It was the best event for me, I remember doing it at level 36 XD

+ Those who have Waterbaloons must feel special, that item will lose its rarity if it comes back :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    pandora1x wrote: »
    I hope Midsummer festival doesn't come back. It was unique, a 1-time expereince

+ Those who have Waterbaloons must feel special :rolleyes:

Maybe they will put in new rewards , and yeah the Waterballoon is awesome xD
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Cryptic tends to tweak their events. Like the Lliara event. You'll have a chance to get last years stuff, plus a few new things. So I fully expect another summer event. But it might have new contests and new rewards in addition to last years stuff.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Maybe they will put in new rewards , and yeah the Waterballoon is awesome xD

I'm no hipster but it feels good walking around with that when nobody else has it xDD
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, I look forward to seeing the Midsummer festival again - there were a couple of items I did not get ... the pig mount in particular.

Of course, if events come back they may be different - perhaps with new items added and such - that's what happened with Liira's.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'm no hipster but it feels good walking around with that when nobody else has it xDD

IKR ,it's especially good when you hit somebody with it who has never seen one before and they have no idea what you did to them XD

I'm really hoping for a Snowball version for the Winter festival , I was disappointed we didn't get one last time .
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    IKR ,it's especially good when you hit somebody with it who has never seen one before and they have no idea what you did to them XD

I'm really hoping for a Snowball version for the Winter festival , I was disappointed we didn't get one last time .

Lmao yeah, a friend of mine has two Baloons (I didn't know you could get two.. shucks!) He throws both one after another xD the water explosion is huge too, I love when I hit clueless players as well lol. They have no idea what hit them.

PS: I went in Black Lake once... I threw a Waterbaloon at a Nasher Rebel, and you wouldn't believe me, but he died, I swear he died lol! I have no idea how that happened. I re-tried it about 20 times afterwards and it never happened.

Bottomless Waterskin is the best consumable ever made ;p

About Winter Festival... I still have the Sky Lanterns, cutest things ever !
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    I need more waterballoons! I was only able to get a few of my characters them last year and now I have many more characters!

To answer the question, yes - expect Festival and CTA Events to come back as they will be repeated every year. Some festivals may happen more often than others (Waukeen, Tymora) and CTAs too. However, their rewards may differ from the last.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I got 3 waterballoons for my DC and one for other toons. However newer toons don't have any so I hope to see them come back and become boe.
  • Options
    ecd13moonsagoecd13moonsago Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I kinda liked being special with my "Favored of Lliira" title and star mask on my cleric from the first event, but I am happy that the events come back around. I have made 4 more characters since then and when events repeat they can earn all the event stuff, plus I left the game after the Lliira event and came back after Respen's game so I missed all the events that happened between.
    13moonsago - Half Elf - Divine Oracle DC
    Serena Moonshadow - Wood Elf - Stormwarden HR
    Lanfear - Moon Elf - Spellstorm Mage CW
    Allana - Halfling - Iron Vanguard GWF
    Beka Cooper - Moon Elf - Master Infiltrator TR
  • Options
    hunter2k2hunter2k2 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thanks. Look forward to midsummer festival
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The Valindra Invasion event at live launch got replaced by the Protector's Speech event a few weeks ago. The new event doesn't give the title that VI gave and it didn't give out the same rewards. Savage Enchants have dropped since and will probably drop again, but Skeletal Dogs and Scrolls of Deathly Aura have never been available since. Sadly, the title/achievement shows up as 'available' on characters created after Beta, but there isn't any way to get it.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I liked the Midsummer event because it was more elaborate and a bit more lighthearted than many other areas of the game. It was its own zone, and there were some neat rewards, like the piggies, clothes, etc. If I have one criticism of said event, it's the endless grinding for fireblossom flowers - I'd love to see some alternative way of obtaining them - like maybe have any enemy within 7 levels of you drop them as well, or add a Sune box randomly drop, which contains the blossoms and maybe some other goodies.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    If I have one criticism of said event, it's the endless grinding for fireblossom flowers

Wow I remember the Fireblossom thieves , so much griefing and arguing in zone chat until they made it so you could pick them up while in combat XD
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wow I remember the Fireblossom thieves , so much griefing and arguing in zone chat until they made it so you could pick them up while in combat XD
    That helped but you either needed to nuke the kobolds as you ran in, be tanky enough to grab the flowers before killing the mobs or else just be very careful about who was in the area before you started your attack. What would have been better would have been to increase the pedals that the kobolds dropped and decrease the amount you got from the plant itself. Of course then people would just start making giant pulls...
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The water balloon is good... if you have enough item slot for it.
  • Options
    unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
    edited July 2014
    Has anyone gotten any word or found evidence that this event is coming back?

I want my pig mount!
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The Star Trek Online Winter and Summer events are annual regulars. There's no reason to believe it will be any different for Neverwinter.

Here's the thing, though: in STO - though they often have the same reward themes, they are usually slightly variant or upgraded. So it's possible instead of a pig, we could get a goat. Or something... LOL
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd like to play this event as well, was on a long hiatus when the game went live and have missed many events.

I really would want a pig and for mount training to be affordable.
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The Midsummer event, despite being called 'midsummer', actually took place kind of late in summer as far as I can recall last year - late August. I'm sure it's coming up.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I hope they keep the rewards from last year and add some new ones , all I need from last year is the Boar.
  • Options
    unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
    edited July 2014
    yeah having both in the collection is kind of lame, since you were only able to get one or the other.
  • Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited July 2014
    The "Mid-Summer" event didn't occur until September last year as I recall. Made me chuckle.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    shadw2012 wrote: »
    God i hope not, did not like it when it was out last year.......

Solution: don't do it.

Think I saw it listed on the preview calendar.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The Star Trek Online Winter and Summer events are annual regulars. There's no reason to believe it will be any different for Neverwinter.

Here's the thing, though: in STO - though they often have the same reward themes, they are usually slightly variant or upgraded. So it's possible instead of a pig, we could get a goat. Or something... LOL

SQUEEE!!! Goat mounts. Do want!

Hey, my poor little dorfie can still hope for it, right? Like 'dis

14607_zps413f4417.jpg