test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Events!

2»

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    The "Mid-Summer" event didn't occur until September last year as I recall. Made me chuckle.
    Aye, Midsummer (no hyphen) Festival in the Realms begins on Midsummer Night, or the "Long Night" which is the last night of Flamerule and the past-midnight morning of Eleasias. That would be the last day of July and first day of August on the Earth Calendar. The reason it probably came late last year was because it wasn't ready for the end of July then but they wanted to get it out and live to make sure it's ready for this year.. for the game has just released a month prior to when Midsummer should have started.

Hopefully this year it will be on track and we'll get a Higharvest Festival at the end of September. We won't see Shieldmeet until it is 1480 DR (every 4 years, "leap year"), but we don't even know for sure what date it is in Neverwinter Online right now. Best guess is that it is around 1479 DR according to canon events and the timeline listed in the Neverwinter Campaign source book, which this game is based directly off of. If the game launched in 1479 DR, then that means it could now be 1480 DR and we could get a Shieldmeet festival this year!

Look here for more information on Realms-specific festivals, holidays, etc.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The "Mid-Summer" event didn't occur until September last year as I recall. Made me chuckle.

Yeah it was the 29th of August until the 19th of September , I wonder if it'll be 3 weeks of goodness again. xD

On a totally unrelated topic is ARC website down for everybody? I have tried on both Chrome and Explorer and I get nothing. :<
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Yeah it was the 29th of August until the 19th of September , I wonder if it'll be 3 weeks of goodness again. xD

On a totally unrelated topic is ARC website down for everybody? I have tried on both Chrome and Explorer and I get nothing. :<
    Now that you mention last year's dates, the Calendar was a month off for a while and so was Midsummer, I wonder if that calendar bug played a part in its late appearance last year.

Yeah, something's up with ARC site at the moment. Looking into it! (Update: Arcgames.com should be working right now)

"Wonders of Gond"
    event is currently scheduled on the live server for the end of July (7/31-8/4). So, we might not be seeing Midsummer at the appropriate time again. We are getting a CTA on July 17th, "Gate Crasher."