Install Arc
Options

Protector's Garden key

13»

Comments

• Options
    hooli78hooli78 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You do need one for each character you want to have access to the garden. I forgot to buy one ticket for one of my alts and now he is locked out. You can however switch the key between all the characters on your account, but once you use it for that character the key is used up. You didn't waste anything.
  • Options
    refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What they should have done is have an Account-Bound Garden Key Pack, clearly stating that the key will bind to the character that opens the pack.

Then players would have known to mail one of the packs to their other characters before opening it. Then it could disappear from inventory when they enter the garden to give permanent access.

But why things HAVE to be Account or Character-bound from these Events is beyond me. I'm sure a lot of players would have preferred to farm the event and sell the spares off for AD.

~
  • Options
    lucianderomeolucianderomeo Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2014
    So I got on here to see if you need a key per character which apparently you do(ok that's a bit of a bummer) but that leaves me with 1 more question. Do you need to keep the 'key' to still get access or does simply purchasing the key grant the ability to enter and the item itself is just to waste space?
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Once you enter the key disappears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Once you enter the key disappears.

Unless you have the key in your shared bank and something then you keep the key and that character can get in too. Someone mentioned mailing that item will allow you to consume it as opposed to trying to use it straight from the shared bank which doesn't work.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    mine was in my un-shared bank and it disappeared when i entered the garden.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So basically the character you want to enter the garden has to have done the missions during the event to be able to get in? I did the missions on one character and can get in the garden even without the key in my inventory and the 2 in my account shared bank don't disappear either but my low level alt cannot get in even with a key in his inventory and he did no missions, I wish they explained this before I bought the keys for future alts who cannot get in lol
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i don't know about all that. i did the daily quests at least once with all my alts, but not enough times to get keys for any of them. i just had one key on my main.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I just did the event with an alt and now my main can't get it XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    So basically the character you want to enter the garden has to have done the missions during the event to be able to get in? I did the missions on one character and can get in the garden even without the key in my inventory and the 2 in my account shared bank don't disappear either but my low level alt cannot get in even with a key in his inventory and he did no missions, I wish they explained this before I bought the keys for future alts who cannot get in lol

Mail the key from your shared vault to the character who cant get in, and it will work. Passing it through the mail seems to reset some properties.

The whole thing turned out really glitchy. Stacks of keys in your inventory or bank will vanish if you enter. Those who bought the keys can enter without actually using them. Its a complete mess and needs to be looked at.
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yah.... I am not going to be happy if they revoke the access from characters who had put the keys in the shared bank.... I entered on one character, and ALL of my keys disappeared. if I can only access from my main character who had entered, even though I farmed multiple keys, support WILL be hearing from me very often until i get access on my other toons.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Mail the key from your shared vault to the character who cant get in, and it will work. Passing it through the mail seems to reset some properties.

The whole thing turned out really glitchy. Stacks of keys in your inventory or bank will vanish if you enter. Those who bought the keys can enter without actually using them. Its a complete mess and needs to be looked at.

Ok thanks for telling me how to get in , no idea how they could have made a door and a key to get in more complicated than that xD
  • Options
    akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2014

Hey everyone, we're aware that there's been some weirdness with the Protector's Garden Key and we're looking into it. No concrete details yet though.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    akromatik wrote: »

Hey everyone, we're aware that there's been some weirdness with the Protector's Garden Key and we're looking into it. No concrete details yet though.

Dude, what should have happened is to have an Account-Bound Garden Key Pack, clearly stating that the key will bind to the character that opens the pack. And once a character has a key from an opened pack, he cannot open another one. The technology and programming is already there for other things.

Then players would have known to mail one of the packs to their other characters before opening it. Then it could disappear from inventory when they enter the garden to give permanent access.

Deleting a stack of multiple keys from a Bank Account is just dim-witted. Banks are supposed to be SAFE. Neverwinter IS a fantasy world, after all, so we expected the Banks to be safe!

So I hope the Devs learn from this Debacle.

~
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Dude, what should have happened is to have an Account-Bound Garden Key Pack, clearly stating that the key will bind to the character that opens the pack. And once a character has a key from an opened pack, he cannot open another one. The technology and programming is already there for other things.

Deleting a stack of multiple keys from a Bank Account is just dim-witted. Banks are supposed to be SAFE. Neverwinter IS a fantasy world, after all, so we expected the Banks to be safe!

So I hope the Devs learn from this Debacle.

~
    Packs are used when you can get one or a fey from multiple items. To have a pack for a single key is just inefficient coding wise and UI wise. All that was needed was to have only 1 key be consumed on entry which can be taken out of the bank on consumed without needing to be mailed. Sure a pack would probably have avoided the issue, but should you really need a measure just in case you can't code correctly (which causing underlying problems to go unfixed). Issues should be directly fixed, not worked arround. Though it seems sometimes that cryptic does resort to work arounds when they can't fix something properly...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Yes, that would have bee the better option. But it failed.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The garden key should have been something you can only purchase once per account, which got consumed right away, and simply flagged your account as being able to access the area. After you bought it once, it should have no longer been available in the store...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Well, I doubt they could work out how many keys a character had or that an account had in the bank when they all got mysteriously deleted, so the only recompense they could give is that if any character on an account has access, then ALL characters that account will have access.

Perhaps an unfair bonus for people who had only one or a few keys, but otherwise it is a vastly more unfair penalty for people who farmed several keys, or even one for each character, and then they all got deleted when only a single character entered the garden.

~
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    This is being fixed this week ,it will be interesting to see what they do because a lot of players lost multiple keys .
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    The garden key should have been something you can only purchase once per account, which got consumed right away, and simply flagged your account as being able to access the area. After you bought it once, it should have no longer been available in the store...

And why should I not be allowed to farm keys on 1 toon for the rest of my characters or save one for the upcoming warlock? I would've preferred an account unlock though.
  • Options
    chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    akromatik wrote: »

I saw in the patch notes that there was at least a partial fix to the garden key issue. Any news on if players who lost keys will have them replaced? I lost three keys (and I used trade bars to get them).
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes it seems like every char needs a key though keys can be passed around account untill you walk intogarden.

they should just open the Mask vip room and give hotn garden access free.... or at least let us bring friends into Vip room or include vip with other packs as well. cause noone ever uses vip room thus its kinda useless and really not a good selling point, its not even good to spy anymore cause you cant target people on the mask to see thier names/desc anymore.

Honesstly the vip room was more fun when people could sneak in cause you got to watch people try to jump up fireplace for hours and laugh.. hmm maybe we can watch people try to jump into guarden...