test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pretty disapointed right now.....

olgar1olgar1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I rarely use a forum to blow steam and show my disapoinment to the world, but this has really pushed me over an edge!!

After almost 6 months abscence i log into the game. I had heard there was a new lvl cap and a new area, and i wanted to check it out. The purpose of coming back was because i wanted to play the game more and maybe bring three-four friends into it.
What do i find? They have put pre requisites to enter, in most mmoes those are doing a quest line. In neverwinter they have in adition to a few more things, put a gear score requirement of ten k to get in!!!
Like i said the only thing you need to do in OTHER MMO'es to get into new areas, is to do certain quests! Sometimes you dont need to do anything else than to go there!
So what is it with Neverwinter? Is it going down, do they wana force players to buy zen?
Anyway, i am leaving setting up course for games i already play, that doesnt limit gameplay this way. My friends who might have joined reacted to this in a very negative way so they will probly stay away as well

Way the go PW!!!
Post edited by olgar1 on

Comments

• zamajezamaje Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hold up, new level cap? Where are you getting this from? Please provide a link.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    there is no new level cap.
    Also the 10k GS requirement is there because the area is much harder than the rest of the regular content. People with less than 10k GS would be killed in no time.
    Also, it's not hard to get 10k gs anyway.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • mythauramythaura Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If you can't get into IWD (I assume that's the one you're talking about) it means you barely did either Sharandar of Dread Ring at all...or don't have the appropriate GS, but that's another story. I've been back for a little more than a week and almost have access to IWD. Been enjoying Dread Ring and Sharandar in the meantime.
    So what is it with Neverwinter? Is it going down, do they wana force players to buy zen?
    More they don't want people skipping stuff, methinks. Getting the 3rd boon on either previous campaign and the appropriate GS doesn't take that much effort, really.
  • olgar1olgar1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I might have gotten the thing with the new lvl cap wrong then.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    GS is overrated sometimes. I don't really see a huge difference between performance at 8.5k or 11k. Now, those higher scores like 14k+ do indeed "bring it!"
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
    edited June 2014
    I'm just at 12k gs now but I feel a huge difference in damage and survivality compared to when I just reached lv 60 (around 8k gs)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    He played 6 months ago, didn't even reach 10k gs and didn't work in sharandar/dread ring to get the boons means he didn't enjoyed the content nor was active enough but he's dissapointed because the new area have pre requisites to enter, however, once he's able to enter in the iwd map he has to work in another campaign. People just love to complain about anything with their weird logic.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
    edited June 2014
    I see someone is referring to the the fact that it is because its a difficult area, and the fact that getting the gearscore is easy to get. Another states that they are trying to make sure noone is skipping stuff.

Easy to get, i have to admit that i dont really know how long it takes. But acording to the experiences i made when i played the game was that this was an effort for me. Some of it because i couldnt sit in front of my pc three-four hours everyday, and a little bit because neverwinter had hard competition from other mmo's and games like mass effect and dragon age. There are also other games that dont need mentioning involved. So i dont have time to grind it out, but i am very keen on using the time i have left playing neverwinter.........

Besides, if players are "skipping" stuff, maybe there is something causing it?? Maybe there is more players like me that doesnt have the time, and maybe Sharandar doesnt apply to everyone! If so, why not let them skip it and play the stuff they like, why make them play it??

Where other companies makes areas where everyone can join,
    neverwinter is a game where only the most active players that have played the game for a while can go.
    edited June 2014
    He played 6 months ago, didn't even reach 10k gs and didn't work in sharandar/dread ring to get the boons means he didn't enjoyed the content nor was active enough but he's dissapointed because the new area have pre requisites to enter, however, once he's able to enter in the iwd map he has to work in another campaign. People just love to complain about anything with their weird logic.

Call me lazy and tell me i love to complain, its just that for 6-7 years i have had the luxury of enjoying games that doesnt put up stints like this to make people play their stuf! Whats worth paying atention to is that i am stil playing them!
  • tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    olgar1 wrote: »
    Easy to get, i have to admit that i dont really know how long it takes. But acording to the experiences i made when i played the game was that this was an effort for me. Some of it because i couldnt sit in front of my pc three-four hours everyday...

Yeah, about that. Take 2 seconds and Invoke; boom, 1000 AD. Go to the Auction House and buy yourself a few level 60 blue items; or perhaps buy a level 5 or 6 enchantment. Do this over a couple of days (up to 2000 AD/day from Invoking) and you will easily exceed the miniscule GS requirement. And hey, got 5 minutes to spare with a web browser a couple times a day? Get on the Gateway and run some Leadership tasks that generate AD as well; tons of AD to be made there with fairly minimal effort.
    olgar1 wrote: »
    Besides, if players are "skipping" stuff, maybe there is something causing it??

Indeed there is: laziness and impatience.
    It takes a grand total of 10-15 minutes/day for 2 weeks to earn 3 boons in Dread Ring (you only need the 3 boons from *1* previous module). You can even 'skip' a day (assuming you just login and collect the quest) and do 2 days of work at once. And it takes far less than that if you have some extra AD available too.
  • markonsmarkons Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hah, this game have the easiest leveling ever. Its all free, and no locked zones you must pay for. Just grind a bit, its easy. Making some AD with prayers, leadership, doing dailies 15 mins a day is enough for all.
  • pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Didn't read.

Farm AD and get some decent stuff and stop complaining.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Imo they really need to lower the sharandar costs. It's extremely slow and just just a horrible campaign to play. Like 5 weeks for the 3rd boon. You can just do dread that takes 2 weeks or you can buy them out with relics though. Also if you don't meet the gs limit you're doing something wrong and need to actually progress before attempting harder content. It's nothing that specially anyway, HEs are fairly nice, apart from that mod 3 is just filler content with little substance. Then again so was mod 1 and 2. Changing the loot from those 2 modules dungeons could change that but I guess they like boring the older player base making them more likely to move on.
    edited June 2014
    markons wrote: »
    Hah, this game have the easiest leveling ever. Its all free, and no locked zones you must pay for. Just grind a bit, its easy. Making some AD with prayers, leadership, doing dailies 15 mins a day is enough for all.

I would gladly have paid if i could enter the area! And when it all comes to it i dont really mind grinding if the outcome is good enough. Its just that i have told my friends what a great game neverwinter is! But when i told them the new area had restrections they all reacted in a negative way! Lemme tell you guys alittle bit about my friends and myself, we are very active gamers and play a variety of games. We pay for many of these games as well. I dont know about my friends, but i would at least pay to play Neverwinter because i think it is that good.
    I have in other replies referred to othere games that doesnt have restrictions like this! In those games you can enter all areas, some of them requires completing questlines. Those questlines usually takes not more than an hour or two. Dont misunderstand, you can stil grind for better gear etc......but thats because those games have instances and areas that are slightly harder. Grinding is something you do to be able to take on mobs you otherwise couldnt take, not for getting into a new area....most companies that makes games have understood that, including those who make freetoplays! And just to be clear, its not the lvling i have commented!!!
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It just seems an odd complaint. You are upset that you can't get into one area. But are perfectly fine ignoring two complete others. So I'm not sure what the complaint is. If it's a lack of something to do... You are skipping vast swaths of stuff to do. If the complaint is because you cant do the hardest areas unprepared. My question would be why? Going into that area too soon will just get you stomped. Will the complaint then be, why are they letting us go into areas where we can be stomped?
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    1. Really seems like you spent more time raging here then playing the game otherwise you wouldnt post all that

2. And whats up with that: "I would pay gladly"? buisness

Then do it - buy lockboxes - they drop Items that make you advance in the 2 campaigns even faster!

3. It seems like you got really stuck on that topic - but trust me its really not worth it
    edited June 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    It just seems an odd complaint. You are upset that you can't get into one area. But are perfectly fine ignoring two complete others. So I'm not sure what the complaint is. If it's a lack of something to do... You are skipping vast swaths of stuff to do. If the complaint is because you cant do the hardest areas unprepared. My question would be why? Going into that area too soon will just get you stomped. Will the complaint then be, why are they letting us go into areas where we can be stomped?

I havent ignored the other areas! I have visited them and played abit of them. If you had read everything i had written you would have understood that i am upset because i cant enjoy a major update to an otherwise great game. Putting restrictions to a large update like that is what i am on about. I should at least be able to go in and explore, when i wanted to take on the mobs i could start grinding GS!
    edited June 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Imo they really need to lower the sharandar costs. It's extremely slow and just just a horrible campaign to play. Like 5 weeks for the 3rd boon.

Boon 3 in Sharandar is absolutely NOT 5 weeks of work. I think my most recent alt was completely done with the zone (all 5 boons) in 5 weeks after reaching 60. It is the longest module to grind (finished DR 7-10 days faster), but it's not quite that long.
    edited June 2014
    tinukeda wrote: »
    Boon 3 in Sharandar is absolutely NOT 5 weeks of work. I think my most recent alt was completely done with the zone (all 5 boons) in 5 weeks after reaching 60. It is the longest module to grind (finished DR 7-10 days faster), but it's not quite that long.

Requirements:
    * First 2 boons that can be done any time with crescents so not important

* 30 sparks, 9 seeds
    * 90 sparks
    * 90 sparks, 27 charms
    * 150 sparks (finally unlocks last area)
    * 160 sparks, 18 blades
    Total sparks: 520

Daily limit: 10/day
    Weekly limit: 50/week
    Max/week: 120

So I did overestimate it, but it's still 4.3333 weeks which is horrible. Last 2 boons require 220+250 sparks which is another 4 weeks. That's 2 months doing a handful of quests. Of course there is the 30 spark box for 6 ardent coins which is recommended, but shouldn't be accounted for when you're talking about the base amount. Some people don't manage to get 6 coins. I'm doing it for the 7th time, which you can understand is absolutely not my definition of fun.

Good thing about the dread one is that on my 7th toon I bought out the first 3 boons so unlocked them after the 2nd day. You can't buy it out for sharandar, though you can make it faster. It is however way more expensive.
    edited June 2014
    I think i need to point something out that i have been trying to say, it is not the grinding i am after. There is grinding in every game i have played, its just that the mechanics is different.
    In most mmo's major updates are acessible without grinding gear and equipment.In ALL mmo's i have played grinding is a tool to make your character stronger. The reason you grind is to be able to paricipate in instances and raids or to go to certain areas with tougher mobs. Or maybe you just wana increase the number of mobs you can take on at the same time.
    edited June 2014
    in most other MMO's if they raise the level cap you have to still level up again before trying the new endgame dungeons, it's the same in here, but instead of levelling, you have to get better equipment and do other quests. The idea is the same, get better prepared for a harder ew content.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited June 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    in most other MMO's if they raise the level cap you have to still level up again before trying the new endgame dungeons, it's the same in here, but instead of levelling, you have to get better equipment and do other quests. The idea is the same, get better prepared for a harder ew content.

Thank you for bringing a different side to the discussion:) Even though i dont agree i must admit you have a point:)
    But i dont mind lvling, you get new and better skills ETC...and in most mmo's there are different ways to lvl...there are nothing spesific you need to do in order to achieve it!
    edited June 2014
    Requirements:
    * First 2 boons that can be done any time with crescents so not important

* 30 sparks, 9 seeds
    * 90 sparks
    * 90 sparks, 27 charms
    * 150 sparks (finally unlocks last area)
    * 160 sparks, 18 blades
    Total sparks: 520

Daily limit: 10/day
    Weekly limit: 50/week
    Max/week: 120

So I did overestimate it, but it's still 4.3333 weeks which is horrible. Last 2 boons require 220+250 sparks which is another 4 weeks. That's 2 months doing a handful of quests. Of course there is the 30 spark box for 6 ardent coins which is recommended, but shouldn't be accounted for when you're talking about the base amount. Some people don't manage to get 6 coins. I'm doing it for the 7th time, which you can understand is absolutely not my definition of fun.

Good thing about the dread one is that on my 7th toon I bought out the first 3 boons so unlocked them after the 2nd day. You can't buy it out for sharandar, though you can make it faster. It is however way more expensive.

Yes, the 6-day box makes a major impact on the length of completing that zone. My last alt (#6) bought only those while leveling and grinding and I completed him (from start to finish mod1/mod2) in about 60-65 days total. Just 1 or 2 of those boxes shortcuts the 3rd boon pretty significantly too. Last 2 boons are reduced to just over 3 weeks with the boxes too. Sharandar could certainly use a resupply/new supply of boxes that would help speed it up, no argument there.

So I guess they key takeaway, in terms of getting to IWD, is to focus on Dread Ring as it is the cheapest/fastest route.
    edited June 2014
    the idea behing the new modules in Neverwinter is that people won't burn through the content in 1 day, and to keep us busy for more time. That's why it works that way, if people could get all the boons in 1 day, then they would get bored in day 2 of the new content.
    That's why you have limits on how fast you can go through the new content, and also why you have requirements to enter this new one, because you need to be better prepared to it.
    Many people don't like it, you're not alone in that, but if you actually think how much work is to get there, it's not much. You should get the boons because they'll make your character stronger, and also you should get better gear for the same reason. :)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited June 2014
    Yes, the 6-day box makes a major impact on the length of completing that zone. My last alt (#6) bought only those while leveling and grinding and I completed him (from start to finish mod1/mod2) in about 60-65 days total. Just 1 or 2 of those boxes shortcuts the 3rd boon pretty significantly too. Last 2 boons are reduced to just over 3 weeks with the boxes too. Sharandar could certainly use a resupply/new supply of boxes that would help speed it up, no argument there.

So I guess they key takeaway, in terms of getting to IWD, is to focus on Dread Ring as it is the cheapest/fastest route.

There doesn't really need to be a new box, just a reduction on spark cost (which is currently way too high, presumably they wanted lockboxes to be more attractive, ironically the first sharandar lockbox flopped) and change the 3rd boon requirement from 18 blades to something more suitable. It's completely odd to potentially unlock the first 2 boons on day 1, then have to unlock 2 whole areas and wait 6 days (just by going by the blade requirement) just to unlock the next boon. It's just such a massive gap. A lot of people hate sharandar and there's a reason why. They no longer need artificially prolong it (which is stupid if the artificial limit actually puts people off in the first place).
    edited June 2014
    There doesn't really need to be a new box, just a reduction on spark cost (which is currently way too high, presumably they wanted lockboxes to be more attractive, ironically the first sharandar lockbox flopped) and change the 3rd boon requirement from 18 blades to something more suitable. It's completely odd to potentially unlock the first 2 boons on day 1, then have to unlock 2 whole areas and wait 6 days (just by going by the blade requirement) just to unlock the next boon. It's just such a massive gap. A lot of people hate sharandar and there's a reason why. They no longer need artificially prolong it (which is stupid if the artificial limit actually puts people off in the first place).

That would work too; but we're multi-alt players and have strong desires to just breeze through the content (because we've done it so much already). For new, single character players, I would think that they would want to retain most of the grind factor. DR and IWD seemed to be geared to about 35 days worth of effort; Sharandar is technically longer than that (unless you know about the box) so I could see it being reduced to a ~35 day level of effort.
    edited June 2014
    That would work too; but we're multi-alt players and have strong desires to just breeze through the content (because we've done it so much already). For new, single character players, I would think that they would want to retain most of the grind factor. DR and IWD seemed to be geared to about 35 days worth of effort; Sharandar is technically longer than that (unless you know about the box) so I could see it being reduced to a ~35 day level of effort.

I wouldn't mind it being reduced and something extra to shorten the time it takes to do it for another toon. Though I suppose it's not really the norm to do it 7 times either :D
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yes, there is a new level cap - 80. At level 60 you have 61 power points, every power point you receive is a new level, When you get 20 power points, you are up to level 80. So far I have received 4 additional power points.

Maybe in Mod 4 you will be able to receive 10 additional Feat points in a manner similar to Mod 3 or they could wait for Mod 5 or 6. I'm getting 250k xp about every 3 days.
    reiwulf wrote: »
    there is no new level cap.
    Also the 10k GS requirement is there because the area is much harder than the rest of the regular content. People with less than 10k GS would be killed in no time.
    Also, it's not hard to get 10k gs anyway.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The requirements to enter the IWD module are to keep you from getting slaughtered instantly, end of story.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Spend less time complaining on the forum and more time in-game playing. Get gear. Do your Dread Ring dailies for 13 days. Voila. Welcome to IWD. It's massively underwhelming anyway, although the rank 4/5 Black Ice Enchantment drops from HEs are nice for artifact food.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.