test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cloak Tower Door Bug

13»

Comments

• stnanatsustnanatsu Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I would never dis its efficacy, my friend. As with all the other simpler/older tools, I just understand how hard it is to master its usage.

Anyone could use tape to fix a broken door, but not for life. Only a true master can achieve such a level of excellence. :p
    Zabuza Momochi
    <Resistencia Porcina>
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well, I just tried the normal version of Cloak Tower on owlbear and I completed it with no issue solo. However, I can't seem to go back in at the moment (sends me into the same instance...) so I'll wait until I can reenter a fresh instance to try again a few more times to see if it doesn't break.
  • tolfy21422tolfy21422 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    How Long is it going to be untiil CT gets Fixed? Its been weeks and nothing. Im trying to get the epic items in that place but i can never do it. Are we waiting for the Icewind Dale to come out?? Taking way too long.
  • stnanatsustnanatsu Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tolfy21422 wrote: »
    How Long is it going to be untiil CT gets Fixed?

It has already been fixed. If you mean how long until it gets fixed again, then... from given circumstances it seems the prognosis says it will most likely be fixed in 2 weeks. Will it be a temporary or permanent solution? That is a whole different question.
    Zabuza Momochi
    <Resistencia Porcina>
  • fgreyspearfgreyspear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 472 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    The patch notes of the last patch said to have fixed the bug.

Yet just yesterday did I go into the Cloak Tower with a level 19 character and the door was still broken!!!

Did you only fix this for the level 60 dungeon by any chance???
    Stay frosty.
  • pamelatorpamelator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It is broken...
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    It's hilarious that they haven't just removed the door, given that it has been "fixed" multiple times to no avail. Right now, the loss of face from the first dungeon in the game being broken is worse than that of backing down and removing it, admitting that you just can't fix the bug.

(Sadly, such an approach can't work with other broken-since-beta things in the game, important stuff like the queue system not teleporting in/teleporting out wrongly are game breaking problems with vital components. However, the door is just a localised symptom of whatever problem, and could be removed/replaced with a teleporter without anyone being inconvenienced)
  • zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is still broken.

Joined 3 different queues and all instances had the same bug.

Can't finish this dungeon now.
  • redice611redice611 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hello All,

I think I have the solution to your woes.

There are two ways to enter The Cloak Tower. The first is by way of the Quest Queuing system. The second is to walk up to the front door of The Clock Tower with a party of 5 and enter together.

The best way to avoid the glitch is to walk up to the front door of The Clock Tower with a party of 5 and enter through the front doors.

I figured this out the second time I teleported into the last part of the instance that led to the wall. I was surprised that on a separate attempt I was able to walk through the maze and arrive at the wall without so much as a rat coming out to greet me. So I did what any self-respecting Great Weapon Fighter would do. I went to pick a fight.

I travelled all the way back to the beginning of the instance with no respawns or mobs... as if the entire instance had been beaten already. Obviously, the game was not going to allow me to get credit for not going through the instance.

So I ran back to the Tower District, walked up to the door found a Party and tried to go through the door... and I queued up again. I knew this was wrong, but the game wouldn't allow me to remove myself from the queue.

At this point, I kicked all my new buddies from the Party logged out, logged back in, told my Party members to wait for me, ran through Tower District and came to the front doors of, added them back to my party where I was Leader and proceeded to go through the doors....

... with NO QUEUING...

and was greeted by the frenzied attacks of several Orcs and Shamans. We then proceeded to lay down the law, take names and chew our bubblegum. We massacred the boss fights and all was right with the world of Neverwinter.

Lesson learned: Stop trying to cheat the game and get your XP the right way. GO THROUGH THE FRONT DOOR!!

-Red
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Or, the devs could just remove the door that bugs out when people use the queue... which by the way, they reasonably expect to pop them into a functional dungeon.

This ought to be fixed forever, really for serious this time, in today's patch.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia