test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Which improvement does Neverwinter need most?

13»

Comments

• Options
    gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited June 2014
    none of the above...
    clearly the lag/ping problem will make me put money again and then more pvp modes for me
    also class balance (tr mostly stealth mode is op)
  • Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2014
    brazennl wrote: »
    I think it's time for a cleanup. Fix outstanding bugs first, then add new things.
    +1. Starting with glaring class imbalances. Powers that don't work as intended would also make a lot of people happy. Mod 4 announced 3 weeks into mod3 makes me wonder wth im doing chasing my tail for BI gear. Is it even viable in pvp? Doesn't seem so, will it be useful in pve? Outside of Kessells which only gives us rings and cloaks we dont want anyway?

/unsure of game direction.
  • Options
    wanderer0000wanderer0000 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    meh there is no equality in classe and should not, classes should perform better against one and worst against others thats how it should be, fixing the exploits would be enough for everyone with a balanced team perform better.

this game needs BADLY CUSTOMIZATION, and new pve content and race/classes.
  • Options
    avalonna43avalonna43 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Fix the outstanding list of issues with DC's broken or incorrectly working spells. Just to name a FEW, as compiled by Kaelac, and taken from his Guide to Devoted Clerics:

*Armor penetration not counted in calculating damage of many DC powers (PoD, Chains of Blazing Light), especially for DoTs (BoTS, BtS, FF) where every tick but the first is weakened. This is the main reason that DPS-centric DC builds are no longer viable in PVE & PVP, & made our Tier 1 set STILL the most desirable/Best to use.

*Daunting Light does not currently benefit at all from Terrifying Insight (TI). Chains of blazing Light only ever benefits from 1 stack (4% debuff) of Terrifying Insight. Also neither of these skills correctly grant a stack of TI on targets when used. It’s a visual effect only and applies no debuff.

*Stacks of High Prophet and TI fall off as soon as Punishing Light, HoF and FS ends. May be working as intended but even previously placed stacks get lost also.

*Prophecy of Doom does not benefit from any AP gain bonuses, either from CHA, recovery, Holy Fervor, artifacts, boons, pets etc, none what so ever. If the target is killed during PoD's animation the skill goes on cooldown.

*Fabled Illiyabruen (Module 1) and Dread Legion (Module 2) set bonuses does not proc at all when soloing unless you happen to have a combat companion or fighting with someone else (they don’t have to be in your party).

*Sunburst gives no divinity when healing self (it’s not tagged as a healing power) and gains no benefit from divine fortune when healing. Likewise, gains no benefit from healing action feat when healing, and gains 'life' stacks in cycle of change (well, probably working as intended on the last one..)

*Channel divinity can get ‘stuck’ if you hold mouse down while tabbing and expends all your divinity unless you interrupt using an encounter.

*Astral Seal duration is not refreshed when recast on target. Astral seal’s healing has diminishing returns on successful attacks (100% effectiveness, then 50%, 33%, 10%).

*Chains of Blazing Light’s doesn't take into account ArP and more than 1 TI stacks as noted above, in divine mode enemies can sometimes walk directly over it without triggering.

*Sacred Flame can proc drow racial Dark Fire debuff on allies.

*Daunting Light and Flame strike do not proc Repurpose Soul when it crits (may be other skills also, some reports mention Punishing/Soothing Light).

*Repurpose soul healing is based only on raw damage and not actual damage, thus not benefitting from extra damage from debuffs/armor penetration (although side effect is it could benefit from lowered damage from enemy damage resistance)

*Exaltation does not grant immunity to TR’s Shocking Execution.

*Debuff effectiveness of High Prophet’s set, Plaguefire Enchantment and Terror Enchantment (also CW Elemental Empowerment) are reduced by enemy resistance

*Feytouched enchant decreases target damage but does not boost the DC’s damage when used.

*A lot of ability FX and sound will still play even if it is interrupted, most noticeable in PvP

*Templar’s Domain procs only for 5 seconds every 300 seconds. The internal cooldown is far too long and for a fifth tier feat should be removed altogether and this should just be a flat passive increase (ArPen increased by 6/12/18/24/30%). Not absurd considering the GWF feats that grant it.

*Cleanse very rarely proc when soloing (soothing light is one of the rare skills that do). Furthermore I don’t think cleanse actually remove a lot of negative effects such as chill or stuns.

*Linked Spirit does not proc with Divine Astral shield at all. The icon is displayed but there are no actual stat increases to anyone in party, even if healing occurred, on the first tick or otherwise. It also doesn’t work with Exaltation in either normal or divine mode.

*Linked Spirit: tooltip should be reworded to state it increasing target stat ratings by X% for X seconds. (this is how it's currently implemented. It’s not currently based on the DC’s ratings, and honestly shouldn’t be anyway because every class has different needs).

*Linked Spirit does not increase they tenacity of you or your allies

*Power of the Sun does not reduce player crit rating, at least in PvP (from character sheet).

*Sovereign Justice- the proc rate seems to be a lot less than suggested on tooltip, especially when soloing

*Elven ferocity and Shadowtouched does not take armor penetration into account for damage calculations

I would also like it if instead of nerfing everything into the ground when they find an new issue, powerful combo, FotM, that instead that fix the OTHER classes and bring them inline with class in question. Of course it's easier to nerf. I don't think anyone wan't to be a bunch of underpowered homogenized gimps. We're supposed to be heroes, but I don't feel like one.
    Grievance Gaming - Trademarked Adult Multi-Gaming Community since 2000!
    http://www.grievancegaming.org
    *Youtube * Twitch

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    balance the classes.
    fix the bugs

really shouldn't be mass releaseing new stuff with those 2 going way out of hand.
  • Options
    evrisaevrisa Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    Personally, I have always been of the opinion that even trying for "Equality" and "Balance" between Classes is the Kiss-O-Death for Fun in a Video Game. All you get is a whole lot of generic <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with nothing really to tell between them. Give us options, options, and more options!

"Equality" and "Balance" do not necessarily mean homogenization of classes (which imo is bad). It would be nice to have the classes balanced so that (assuming future content is truly challenging) a variety of your basic "food groups" is needed and not all "meat" in order run content, as opposed to how things are now. This requires retooling the classes, not simply adding more content and more classes to further muck things up. Its like bringing a new child into a bad relationship ... its not going to save the relationship but it will make things more complicated.
  • Options
    masizin777masizin777 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    avalonna43 wrote: »
    Fix the outstanding list of issues with DC's broken or incorrectly working spells. Just to name a FEW, as compiled by Kaelac, and taken from his Guide to Devoted Clerics:

*Armor penetration not counted in calculating damage of many DC powers (PoD, Chains of Blazing Light), especially for DoTs (BoTS, BtS, FF) where every tick but the first is weakened. This is the main reason that DPS-centric DC builds are no longer viable in PVE & PVP, & made our Tier 1 set STILL the most desirable/Best to use.

*Daunting Light does not currently benefit at all from Terrifying Insight (TI). Chains of blazing Light only ever benefits from 1 stack (4% debuff) of Terrifying Insight. Also neither of these skills correctly grant a stack of TI on targets when used. It’s a visual effect only and applies no debuff.

*Stacks of High Prophet and TI fall off as soon as Punishing Light, HoF and FS ends. May be working as intended but even previously placed stacks get lost also.

*Prophecy of Doom does not benefit from any AP gain bonuses, either from CHA, recovery, Holy Fervor, artifacts, boons, pets etc, none what so ever. If the target is killed during PoD's animation the skill goes on cooldown.

*Fabled Illiyabruen (Module 1) and Dread Legion (Module 2) set bonuses does not proc at all when soloing unless you happen to have a combat companion or fighting with someone else (they don’t have to be in your party).

*Sunburst gives no divinity when healing self (it’s not tagged as a healing power) and gains no benefit from divine fortune when healing. Likewise, gains no benefit from healing action feat when healing, and gains 'life' stacks in cycle of change (well, probably working as intended on the last one..)

*Channel divinity can get ‘stuck’ if you hold mouse down while tabbing and expends all your divinity unless you interrupt using an encounter.

*Astral Seal duration is not refreshed when recast on target. Astral seal’s healing has diminishing returns on successful attacks (100% effectiveness, then 50%, 33%, 10%).

*Chains of Blazing Light’s doesn't take into account ArP and more than 1 TI stacks as noted above, in divine mode enemies can sometimes walk directly over it without triggering.

*Sacred Flame can proc drow racial Dark Fire debuff on allies.

*Daunting Light and Flame strike do not proc Repurpose Soul when it crits (may be other skills also, some reports mention Punishing/Soothing Light).

*Repurpose soul healing is based only on raw damage and not actual damage, thus not benefitting from extra damage from debuffs/armor penetration (although side effect is it could benefit from lowered damage from enemy damage resistance)

*Exaltation does not grant immunity to TR’s Shocking Execution.

*Debuff effectiveness of High Prophet’s set, Plaguefire Enchantment and Terror Enchantment (also CW Elemental Empowerment) are reduced by enemy resistance

*Feytouched enchant decreases target damage but does not boost the DC’s damage when used.

*A lot of ability FX and sound will still play even if it is interrupted, most noticeable in PvP

*Templar’s Domain procs only for 5 seconds every 300 seconds. The internal cooldown is far too long and for a fifth tier feat should be removed altogether and this should just be a flat passive increase (ArPen increased by 6/12/18/24/30%). Not absurd considering the GWF feats that grant it.

*Cleanse very rarely proc when soloing (soothing light is one of the rare skills that do). Furthermore I don’t think cleanse actually remove a lot of negative effects such as chill or stuns.

*Linked Spirit does not proc with Divine Astral shield at all. The icon is displayed but there are no actual stat increases to anyone in party, even if healing occurred, on the first tick or otherwise. It also doesn’t work with Exaltation in either normal or divine mode.

*Linked Spirit: tooltip should be reworded to state it increasing target stat ratings by X% for X seconds. (this is how it's currently implemented. It’s not currently based on the DC’s ratings, and honestly shouldn’t be anyway because every class has different needs).

*Linked Spirit does not increase they tenacity of you or your allies

*Power of the Sun does not reduce player crit rating, at least in PvP (from character sheet).

*Sovereign Justice- the proc rate seems to be a lot less than suggested on tooltip, especially when soloing

*Elven ferocity and Shadowtouched does not take armor penetration into account for damage calculations

I would also like it if instead of nerfing everything into the ground when they find an new issue, powerful combo, FotM, that instead that fix the OTHER classes and bring them inline with class in question. Of course it's easier to nerf. I don't think anyone wan't to be a bunch of underpowered homogenized gimps. We're supposed to be heroes, but I don't feel like one.

That was so sad I think you almost gave me healing depression in real life.....
  • Options
    hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'd like PWE to listen to the player base, both paying and F2P.

It just seems like there are so many players in these forums that provide tons of information. There is no reason to alienate the customer base, ignore all the loyal paying customers, and disregard what new players are coming in to support this game.

I really like the possibilities of how great this game could be. So much so, I have spent more in one year than I did in 8 years playing another MMO.

Of course we want new content, but not at the expense of broken classes, glitched dungeons, and buggy content. You will notice the lowest vote tallies fall in new PvP/Content.

Whats worse is we hardly ever get any real feed back that PWE/Cryptic even cares or is listening. This game could be great! It could be the type of game that holds my interest for years.

I love playing my DC, thank you so much Jazzfong and avalonna43 for listing in detail whats going on with this class. Top all that with the big slap in the face to Hunter Rangers with no respec on an added paragon path, and no explanation. The list goes on and on but I digress.

I could be here on the game pumping money and logging hours of playtime for years. Just not much longer in its current state.
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    meh there is no equality in classe and should not, classes should perform better against one and worst against others thats how it should be, fixing the exploits would be enough for everyone with a balanced team perform better.

And why should GWFs be able to dominate both PVP and PVE? The GF is sub-par at both. Sound fair to you?
  • Options
    serowforsakenserowforsaken Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I voted for "New Classes" because I don't PVP and am primarily a solo player.
    60 Hunter Ranger
    The rest still up-and-coming!
  • Options
    classylionclassylion Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    New classes!
    Always keep it Classy

Classy Hyena: HR
    Classy Mistress: GWF