test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which improvement does Neverwinter need most?

Comments

• reddevilbsreddevilbs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I see most of the ppl vote for Equality in classes. I will ask them - What is the idea to have different classes if they are equal?!
    Equal with WHAT dmg, survivability, est ...?!
    Imo this option should be -Better tuning of classes-

..... especially GF class
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    thesensai wrote: »
    I also find it silly that they charge ZEN for more character slots. they should give everyone 50 slots. That way people will go crazy making characters. Spend that much more zen.

I'd have to agree,

This one was surprisingly short sighted in my opinion. The more characters you have the more you're tending to spend money on other characters as well.
  • nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have stated it in another post, else aware, but I think number 1 should be class balance (witch is different than equality) then quickly followed by bug fix.
    New content and new class/race are all far behind.
  • gimpocalypsegimpocalypse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    brazennl wrote: »
    I think it's time for a cleanup. Fix outstanding bugs first, then add new things.

Think they've done this few times, fix something and add new... bugs [and on some occasions worse than the previous one fixed]
    Been looking forward to upgrading my Perfect Sarcasm font, but due to recent changes it seems I will need to grind the Nine Hells for my Pure Sarcasm font... ironic isn't it?
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The people have spoken. I wonder if devs are reading this (and drawing conclusions).

So much about "we need more pvp maps" btw, heheheh.

The poll results refelect my own wish list almost perfectly (1st class balance, 2nd foundry) with that tiny detail that I really don't want any new class before the "buggyness level" is significantly reduced.
    edited May 2014

I also find it silly that they charge ZEN for more character slots. they should give everyone 50 slots. That way people will go crazy making characters. Spend that much more zen.

50 spam bots and invoke farmers per account... ftw!!!

... make it so
    Been looking forward to upgrading my Perfect Sarcasm font, but due to recent changes it seems I will need to grind the Nine Hells for my Pure Sarcasm font... ironic isn't it?
    edited May 2014
    If class equality means... ALL classes are actually WANTED by a group... then this should be #1 without a doubt.

Otherwise just make one class... that way there is a chance to focus on it and possibly make the best class it can be... that way people can say "Wow, this is awesome!... this is the class I want to play!"
  • razzthomrazzthom Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    As a confirmed Alt-O-Holic I would LOVE to see some cool new classes.

Of course the one single thing that I want MOST?
    Once in the Auction House Screen I would greatly appreciate the ability to Right-Click on an item in my Inventory to open up the Options for that Item. Among the Options I would like to see one to automatically search the Auction House for that Item. I cannot tell you how much easier this would make selling off items, at least for the Spelling Challenged, such as myself ;)

Personally, I have always been of the opinion that even trying for "Equality" and "Balance" between Classes is the Kiss-O-Death for Fun in a Video Game. All you get is a whole lot of generic <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with nothing really to tell between them. Give us options, options, and more options!

You DO know that you can drag an item in your inventory from your bag onto the search bar in the AH and it will act just like you typed in the name of that item right? The feature you want is already implemented in game, if slightly modified from the way you described it.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    A poll with no "more dungeons/ new raid content".

Good poll!
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    50 spam bots and invoke farmers per account... ftw!!!

... make it so

Farmers are going to do that anyway. the zen price is a pittance for them since they pray up ad to zen.

If regular people have easy access to slots,.. more zen sales for PW.
    edited May 2014
    Farmers are going to do that anyway. the zen price is a pittance for them since they pray up ad to zen.

If regular people have easy access to slots,.. more zen sales for PW.

Farmers make more accounts than buy character slots... so giving them more slots on an account only increases their potential to overrun this game even more then they doing as it is... as trading the AD farmed would become much more simple on an expanded character slot account... not to mention saving AD on not buying the slots, even if they did.

If the one thing regular players buy with Zen... it's character slots
    ... 500 not a killer to start with and on sale 300-400 Zen is not much either and most regular players mainly use to do professions/invoke farm and as added storage space themselves.
    So potential character slot and bags sales take a hit... no one is buying a 110% mount and fashion clothes for a bank toon.

With the Vault of the Nine quest... PW seems to have targeted selling character slots, if you want all the artifacts, you'll need more slots...
    so character slot sales will probably be less frequent & lower % when they do have them for some time.
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Farmers make more accounts than buy character slots... so giving them more slots on an account only increases their potential to overrun this game even more then they doing as it is... as trading the AD farmed would become much more simple on an expanded character slot account... not to mention saving AD on not buying the slots, even if they did.

If the one thing regular players buy with Zen... it's character slots
    ... 500 not a killer to start with and on sale 300-400 Zen is not much either and most regular players mainly use to do professions/invoke farm and as added storage space themselves.
    So potential character slot and bags sales take a hit... no one is buying a 110% mount and fashion clothes for a bank toon.

With the Vault of the Nine quest... PW seems to have targeted selling character slots, if you want all the artifacts, you'll need more slots...
    so character slot sales will probably be less frequent & lower % when they do have them for some time.

Thanks for proving my point.

Pray farmers will just make more accounts, and bot them up for prayer. Real players will stick with one account. Regardless of how many slots you allow, the farmers will just make more accounts and get the number of bots they want. multiple accounts also make them harder to ban.

Also char slots are a one time zen purchase. Actual multiple toons, will buy lots of stuff for zen. coal wards (considering how things are going), bags, cosmetics (altaholics are very likely to buy these), etc.
  • imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have to agree with what others have said here, the concept of "equality between classes" is a surefire route to a crappy game.
    Each class has its own strengths. If they're going to focus on reworking classes, they need to make each of those strengths useful in its own way, not make them all "equal". A cleric shouldn't be anywhere near a mage or fighter for damage output, but should be far and away the best buffer and healer; an offense-role fighter (GWF) should not be as good or better than a defense role fighter (GF) at tanking.
    Please, please, please do NOT kill pve by making all the classes "equal". Instead, make them all excel at what that class is intended to do.
  • masizin777masizin777 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have looked at all of you comments, so I these were some top issues.

This is all I am going to post about this issue, I know Neverwinter does't need an English class... but that does seen to be what more people want. (to date)

Definition of equality:
    The state of being equal, especially in status, rights, and opportunities.
    Definition of balance:
    A condition in which different elements are equal or in the correct proportions.

More content should cover dungeons and raids, I agree. Some dungeons in the future would be preferred to be more than hack and slash.

Different types of pvp will be a must if this game wants to keep its players IMO.

For the market issues I have seen, coal ward might be a good thing to have more available, and character slots may need to be at-least on sale more often.

Last but not least, the foundry is what make this game closer to D&D than many others and it does deserve that love that those authors put into their quest(along with the Devs)

As for the bugs we can only wait they are working on it and lighting a fire under them won't make them work faster, I think the resident control wizard tried already, but we can say "to us that is a HIGH priority."
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What this game needs most of all is less grind.
    However, since that is not a poll option, i went with equality in classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dadanddragons#6895 dadanddragons Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    When Mod 3 introduced all the new graphics/display options, I slid my Processor/GPU slider into a more favourable position, scaled up my gfx options across the board, and NW STILL runs smoother than hot butter, even on my ancient rig. So I've got no complaints about it technically. And I don't PvP, so I don't see a pressing need for class equality (which in PvE would be fatal for the game). But, I would love to see some more classes! Are we any closer to those Warlocks yet?
  • virtualcrackvirtualcrack Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Mag castle lag real bad #1 must fix of all time now
  • virtualcrackvirtualcrack Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    agree love to see this!! necro as well
  • bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    4th edition of D&D already went farther that I liked in making the classes too much the same. I don't want to see a game where there is no mechanical difference between playing a Fighter instead of a Cleric, or between playing a Rogue and playing a Wizard. Otherwise, what's the point of having different classes at all?

I am still pushing for the Foundry, because even though it doesn't get as much attention from the developers, it is one of the few things about Neverwinter that truly set it apart from other games. Every game has bugs and glitches that need fixing, tons have PVP content, and every game has people who believe that one class is too weak or too strong. These issues don't really interest me all that much, because thus far, they don't have too much impact on my experience with Neverwinter. The Foundry is what drew me to Neverwinter in the first place. It is unique, and it is--or should be--a major selling point. Why spend time trying to make Neverwinter just like every other MMORPG on the market, when you can play up what makes THIS PARTICULAR GAME so cool and special?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wesleyericwesleyeric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited June 2014
    Agreeing with the Foundry option. It's such a great, unique experience compared to other MMOs, but it is really underutilized and completely lacking in its current form. There is zero incentive to make a quest with the current featuring/database options, and even less for players to play through one due to the itemization. One of the greatest parts about other DnD-based games was the ability for users to create content, but it just doesn't cut it here. A tool that can create a genuine Dungeons and Dragons experience is sideswiped for 15-minute daily quests that are forgotten the moment they are turned in.

I'm sure the devs don't like to hear it, but the truth is that with our modern age of PC gaming, user-developed content usually surpasses official content in terms of quality and downright efficiency. Just look at Skyrim, Neverwinter Nights, and tons of features on the Steam Workshop. Give us the tools to create some awesome quests, and give players incentive to want to play awesome campaigns, and I would bet you'll see a pretty large influx of regular players that are currently passing on this game. I know I would be back in a heartbeat if I knew players would want to play my quests, even though they're too long to really work for the Hourly specials. And I know I would love to play others' in return.
    Echoes of Providence: A Campaign! NWS-DD6DRTTVH
    #Story #Combat #Exploration #Long #Solo
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have to agree with what others have said here, the concept of "equality between classes" is a surefire route to a crappy game.
    Each class has its own strengths. If they're going to focus on reworking classes, they need to make each of those strengths useful in its own way, not make them all "equal". A cleric shouldn't be anywhere near a mage or fighter for damage output, but should be far and away the best buffer and healer; an offense-role fighter (GWF) should not be as good or better than a defense role fighter (GF) at tanking.
    Please, please, please do NOT kill pve by making all the classes "equal". Instead, make them all excel at what that class is intended to do.

I completely agree. But (there's always a but :-):
    It is the content that drives character differentiation. At the moment 95+% of the game doesn't need any class speciality. Consequently it has just become a highest dps game with full dps groups charging through the content.

Now someone will come along and say 'I'd like to see them getting through xxxxxx instance without a healer/tank' - and they would be right. But does this really attract people to play a class which is only considered valuable for >5% of the game, whilst watching the other classes race ahead through the game? No it doesn't, not by a long way.

Make content largely aimed at dps classes and that is precisely what you currently have, with the only balance target being their respective damage outputs.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    lyaise wrote: »
    It is the content that drives character differentiation. At the moment 95+% of the game doesn't need any class speciality.

But don't those 50%/75%/90% damage trap effects encourage rogues?
    ...and those loooong term DoT "diseases" encourage Clerics/Healers?
    ...and those archers up on the tower platforms encourage Rangers?
    ...and, hmm. Got none of those. Yep, DPS arms race it is. sigh.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The foundry needs lots of love, Cryptic can make a difference with that tool, but so far it's been mostly neglected.
    The could make new areas made by players to be permanent. (maybe a contest?) use it for future mods, add more maps, etc. so many options.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited June 2014
    After bug fixes please, OH PLEASE!, give me a preview option for gear and fix the lighting in the appearance change window so your whole character is lit up, not just the back.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Fifty character slots? Good grief! I'd have to have no real world life to play that many characters. :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Best would be rebance current classes with smart choises. Not nerfing HRs just because GWF start to cry that they can not kill 1 hr one to one now with 2 swings.. But to make classes what they should be - HR as dual damage class with focus in speed, damage, deflect. GWF - as Damage melee class with focus on Damage and Defense in close combat. GF as Defense and tank. DC as healer. CW as control. Instead of just nerfing classes - changing and introducing useless paragon paths.
  • masizin777masizin777 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, before this thread fades out of use I would like it stand in the record that the request of the players are at the moment:

1.Equality in classes.(which I personally think shows that either new paragon paths are needed or better feat/power effects for the weaker classes.)
    2.Fix bugs and glitches in content.(this leads me to think there is more bugs than I personally observed, but still is a problem despite fine work the devs have done and will keep doing.)
    3.Foundry improvements.(All I have to say about this is the foundry is what makes this one of the best dungeons and dragons game I have ever played.)
    4.New classes.(We all know this was inevitable, and I really didn't expect the priority would have been this high, but I would really like to play a paladin :cool: )
    5.Fix bugs and glitches in classes.(This improvement is essential to the game, and I am surprised it scored 5TH!)
    6.New content Mods.(Really? Not even six percent....)
    7.New content for PVP.(I don't like kicking people when they are down.)

In conclusion, let it be known that we can be productive and what our priorities are. I just hope the Mods and Devs see this thread!
  • gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited June 2014
    none of the above...
    clearly the lag/ping problem will make me put money again and then more pvp modes for me
    also class balance (tr mostly stealth mode is op)
  • quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2014
    brazennl wrote: »
    I think it's time for a cleanup. Fix outstanding bugs first, then add new things.
    +1. Starting with glaring class imbalances. Powers that don't work as intended would also make a lot of people happy. Mod 4 announced 3 weeks into mod3 makes me wonder wth im doing chasing my tail for BI gear. Is it even viable in pvp? Doesn't seem so, will it be useful in pve? Outside of Kessells which only gives us rings and cloaks we dont want anyway?

/unsure of game direction.