test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which improvement does Neverwinter need most?

masizin777masizin777 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Let your voice be heard!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As a confirmed Alt-O-Holic I would LOVE to see some cool new classes.

Of course the one single thing that I want MOST?
    Once in the Auction House Screen I would greatly appreciate the ability to Right-Click on an item in my Inventory to open up the Options for that Item. Among the Options I would like to see one to automatically search the Auction House for that Item. I cannot tell you how much easier this would make selling off items, at least for the Spelling Challenged, such as myself ;)

Personally, I have always been of the opinion that even trying for "Equality" and "Balance" between Classes is the Kiss-O-Death for Fun in a Video Game. All you get is a whole lot of generic <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with nothing really to tell between them. Give us options, options, and more options!

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Fix bugs and glitches in classes.
    Fix bugs and glitches in content.
    Equality in classes.
    Foundry improvements.

Couldn't pick 1.

P.S.: I would also put optimize the game because it gives me less FPS than other games with, more or less, the same graphics.
  • brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2014
    I think it's time for a cleanup. Fix outstanding bugs first, then add new things.
  • firstdegreeburnsfirstdegreeburns Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2014
    brazennl wrote: »
    I think it's time for a cleanup. Fix outstanding bugs first, then add new things.
    Agreed with the above
    lil-TriXz-0f-h0p3, lil-Sp3llst4r-0f-h0p3 | Guild = play2win
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Bug cleanup should be an ongoing effort. Separate dev team.

I think new features is/should be a separate and parallel project.

As new classes will drive new profit more than any other project, they would be crazy not to putting significant effort into it.

I also find it silly that they charge ZEN for more character slots. they should give everyone 50 slots. That way people will go crazy making characters. Spend that much more zen.
  • rezielereziele Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2014
    New pvp content. Its very natural for a player migrating from other games to realize there is not much content regarding pvp. I was at first surprised to see its just... 5v5. Not even 1v1 or 4v4, at least a variety, different maps with different objectives will do.. not just catch some base again and again. Same thing goes for 20v20, catching bases, no strategy, no creativity. Even then it doesn't start for delzouns, i don't know if its a bug or something.
    Regarding the leave everything and fix bug thingy, i too think it should be an ongoing process and should not get in the way of other important things like classes balance and new pvp maps lol.
    ~We need more PvP types. Tired of Dominations!~
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    New classes won't do much while CWs/GWFs are so overpowered for their respected situations. Endgame is way too unbalanced right now.
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    new servers / load balancing code optimization just for a start
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Fix class skills - just about every class has some skill mechanics that either:

a) don't work
    b) work incorrectly to the description
    c) are so useless that they are never touched, wasting points purely because they have to go somewhere during the leveling

After that issues like class balance can be looked at. But there is no point in trying to balance things as it is, then fix all these skills, you'd just have to start over again.

Make every class useful. Stop moving toward the no class is needed scenario. What is the point of having tank and healer classes in the game if you have most content that can easily be done by a complete group of dps classes? If you want a purely dps power through game then state this and let the so called "leader" (joke description) class players find a game where their contribution is at least considered of by the games' development teams.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Fix the bugs and more content
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    :mad:well honestly, this list is already outdated, what the game needs the most is access to coal wards at reasonable pricing, no manner of re-balancing of classes or anything matters now.

Sigh.
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes, cheaper ways to get enchantments. Casual players are going to go bye-bye once they finish the content now.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Make every class equally useful? OK, I would like to see that. It seems this is what frustrates most people, but, to be honest, it's not what it's bothering me the most.
    The thing that this game needs most, in my opinion, is bug fixing. There's something wrong with just about everything in this game. We've learned to look pass many of the bugs and glitches, but they are still there. If they would take a brake from adding new content - which I love, by the way - and they would fix the problems with the current content, it would make the game so much better.
    I voted for "Fix bugs and glitches in content", but I wanna see all bugs fixed.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • inefariousinefarious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Nerf CW/GWF, Buff Hunter Ranger. Suggest increasing speed of electric shot and slight power increase to rapid shot to prevent it from becoming obsolete. Possibly take that one skill that adds 1%-5% in the paragon trees to place weak roots and make it 2%-10% to add strong roots. Increase area range of arrow rain a bit.

Remove kicking during final boss fight in instance. Disable it on engaging boss, re enable on wipe. This will prevent selective kicking to steal drops at the end of dungeons.

Inventory tab for Quest items, and items such as the black ice pick. We have one for profession assets and bounty marks so this is not much of a stretch.

Allow preview of equipment or fashion items while browsing auction/zen market/npc stores. You may find that allowing people to experiement with looks in a sort of dressing room may motivate additional zen purchases.

Allow options in the Que system where one can disable being linked with existing parties if one so chooses, instead being sent to a fresh instance.

Other suggestions welcome.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    As a PVP player I don't think they'll ever balance the classes completely and they already implement balances fairly often, so I voted for more PVP content (more Domination maps, more game modes in addition to domination).
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As a PVP player I don't think they'll ever balance the classes completely and they already implement balances fairly often, so I voted for more PVP content (more Domination maps, more game modes in addition to domination).

I don't think either the classes can be completely balanced, but for me, DC, CW, GF and in part TR are quite balanced, then we have HR and GWF which can destroy all classes, it can be better than this.
  • wintersmercywintersmercy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Allow for 20 person Foundry content creation.
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Fix bugs and glitches in classes. CW has tons of bugs needs to be fixed.

Equality in classes can never be achieved as every class has its uniqueness. They can only adjust some classes which are outrageously overpowered, such as GWF and perma-stealth TR.
  • fcnirimfcnirim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'd love to see class balancing here. I know it too when GWFs sucked so bad they were only able to kill each other while TRs wrecked everyone. And now, here we are and the tables are turned...

I'm patiently waiting to see how they will deal with the situation.
  • bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    The foundry is the defining feature of Neverwinter. It is certainly the thing that made me download it. It needs to function well and provide users with the opportunity to make top-notch UGC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eskarineeskarine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    While I *would* like to see more class equality (I'm a DC, it takes ages to kill stuff) I think foundry is the key feature that makes NW stand out from all the other mindless hack-n-grind MMOs. It definitely needs more love. Wasn't this what DnD was all about? Making up your own quests and sharing with others?
  • doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have to say there really should be a combined option there, as in fix bugs in characters and content. I would really appreciate it if the developers would make it so people can't glitch past bosses can't take short cuts to by pass things like they do in castle never jumping across platforms. I'm sick of getting in groups with them saying "this is how its done" when its not but its obviously so abused that no body really does things legit ... and this is coming from running with people in other large guilds ... not just pugs ... freaking guild people claiming it saves time when it might only if you are so good it exploits you don't have to keep trying repeatedly. Same for Frozen Heart where people exploit and try to break both orbs without fighting the boss each time (effectively making it so you fight the boss once with an insane number of adds drawn in from the surrounding areas with the orbs you are supposed to break in turn).

But having said that, if there is a focus, fix the bugs, glitches and what not before getting to focused on new content (although MOD4 is coming regardless). My thought is fix bugs as much as you can prior to MOD4 and hope to god that fixing bugs doesn't lead to creation of more bugs.
  • gman118gman118 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Can we add a option to fixing clip issues?? i have so many helmets that don't scale correctly,like royal guard helm on my HR.
  • imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Far and away, FOUNDRY IMPROVEMENTS!

Specifically:
    1) A reward system that encourages people to play foundries, and to play ones they have not already tried. (I can't emphasize this enough; without something to make it worthwhile to most players to play the quests, all else is moot.)
    2) All of the details, monsters, maps, and costumes already in the game added to Foundry.
    3) Basic quest-building functionality already in the game (timers, movable levers/buttons/etc, that kind of thing) added to Foundry.
    4) The ability to use the end of a one-time fx or sound as a component for "component complete" triggers.
    5) Fixes to bugs, many of which have been around since beta. See Eldarth's list for details.
    6) The ability to create a single mob encounter from any mob without having to find some way to dispose of the unwanted bits of an encounter group.
    7) The ability to change the skin of an encounter/NPC weapon (within reasonable limits).
    8) More options for "slots" for regular clothing, including a "none" option to get rid of unwanted costume parts.
    9) A budget of "saved costumes" that can be used by the author in any Foundry quest. An added bonus would be a way to send a created costume to another author ("Hey, I love that gargoyle costume you made. Send me a copy?").
    ... you get the point.

Foundry could be the thing that truly separates Neverwinter from the fantasy MMO crowd, putting it far above what other games are doing. However, this requires that Cryptic stop mostly ignoring Foundry.
  • balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    1/Press k
    > leaderboard
    > enjoy your balance.

2/One year
    > 2 real dungeons on the table (malabog+Valindra)
    > Dungeons and dragons????

3/F2P
    >P2W incoming?

4/Module 3 is the worst (after almost three weeks still laggy, bugged, poor content)
    > Module 4?

Ok? i can't be moore precise.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Give the players a 10% or at least 5% chance to create lesser enchantment with preservation wards.

That's what I feel the majority of new player database needs at the moment...
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So far, whenever I have seen "Equality of Classes," I shudder.

In my experience that drives developers towards the following model:

Template Class
    • Template Power 1 (50-100 damage)
    • Template Power 2 (75-150 damage)
    • Template Power 3 (100-300 AOE damage)
    • Template Special (500-1000 damage)

"Wizard" Class
    • Magic Missile (Template Power 1) - animated missiles
    • Lightning Bolt (Template Power 2) - electrical animation
    • Fireball (Template Power 3) - firey explosion
    • Super Plasma Blast (Template Special) - purple explosion

"Cleric" Class
    • Silver Bolt (Template Power 1) - golden bolt of light
    • Beam of Holiness (Template Power 2) -- golden beam of light
    • Mass Blessing (Template Power 3) -- column of golden sparkles
    • Cleansing Fire (Template Special) -- column of electrical golden sparkles

...etc.

Every power in every class becomes identical and the only difference becomes the "name" of the action, and the animated effect. So then you have class balance. No thanks. D&D has always been rock/paper/scissors - different classes having different strengths and weaknesses. The only "equal balance" is a fighter vs fighter, or mage vs mage. This whole notion of my class should be able to beat X class is worthless.

Keep your "balance."
  • lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    brazennl wrote: »

^ This! <
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I voted class equality. This needs to happen both in PvE and PvP. Then I believe adding another class/classes could be looked at next as a way to contribute to both PvE and PvP.
    balorin wrote: »
    1/Press k
    > leaderboard
    > enjoy your balance.

There is a difference between all geared classes being able to perform well when geared and class balance when you are doing a premade vs premade or having two equally geared/skilled individuals facing each other. People on the leaderboard wouldn't have those kill/death ratios or win/loss ratios if strong matchmaking was implemented. Anyone could have good match stats from gear alone with how lenient matchmaking is at the moment.

I will say I am also hesitant when it comes to advocating for class balance though, because it is nice not to start straying towards every class having same abilities with different names, but I think its clear for anyone who PvPs to see that classes GF/CW could use a bit of a performance buff in general (more GF than CW), GWF (and possibly HR a bit) should be toned down some, and there should be some minor changes to TR stealth as far as permastealth goes (which should be countered with slight damage buffs).
  • balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't care about 1vs1 or geared player because what i see is about the 5V5 domination the only pvp style linked now to the leaderboard since the last patch.
    We are assuming they are not undergeared because the problem will be naturally worse.
    We are assuming they are playing inside premade most of the time wich is normal because the problem will be worse too

TR + GWF = 270/ fisrt 400 players moore than 60%
    HR is around 80/400 20%

TOTAL Striker class = 80% of the 400 fisrt players.

Rest is crappy with around 20% mixed between CW DC and GF.

Conclusion

5vs5 domination is for striker class because they have dammage (no problem) + high survivability with insane defense-regen-tanky-speed-builds wich is absolutely not normal.

GF sucks for PVE and for 5V5 domination because they have nothing; no mobility, it's not the defender class considering the high survivability of all the striker class.

DC and CW are facing striker class with 4000 defense 3000 deviation high regen, insane power immune stealth mobility and heals-controls nerfed to the ground.

No need to be a genius to see the problem.
    They can't hide the poor class balance anymoore wich is a total fail with or without tenacity, especially since the GWF massive boost.