test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wondrous Bazaar sell tab removed?

charmagmacharmagma Member Posts: 144 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Really, guys? Now I have to run all the way to a store to sell stuff? Explain the reasoning behind this.
Post edited by charmagma on

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes it was removed ,it's in the patch notes , we are all as puzzled as you xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It adds new value to the Aurora Wholesale Catalog artifact for sure.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Yes it was removed ,it's in the patch notes , we are all as puzzled as you xD

I'm not puzzled at all.

Being able to sell anywhere greatly eased the strain on bag space and made the Catalogue artifact redundant.

It is not designed to be convenient for you.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • awnialightawnialight Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As stated above, the artifact
    And the reason that ppl could stay there where they were for limitless time, without having to worry their inventory will eventually be full.
    As you could sell the stuff there.
    And thus no more backpacks were needed for a lot people.
    $.$
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm not puzzled at all.

Being able to sell anywhere greatly eased the strain on bag space and made the Catalogue artifact redundant.

lawl I never knew you could sell your stuff from the AD tab vendor.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Too bad the distilled pots for the artifact are bop meaning that to get most of its use, I have to have it on a separate account. and multibox. Of course the insane refinig costs make it not very worth it anyway.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm not puzzled at all.

If that's the case then why have they left it in the Gateway? if their sole reasoning behind this unnecessary move was to give some kind of point to the existence of the catalog then why not remove the ability to sell remotely completely other than by using the catalog? players in game have just as much need to clear bag space as gateway players ,plus nothing to prevent players loggin into gateway at the same time as the game ,its a needless inconvenience .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Logging into the gateway is more of a drag than stopping what I am doing to hunt a vendor. I have to do the machine verification every single time I log in, because I don't store junk in my browser.

So I just save the 6 silver piece junk and the blue junk. I don't even pick up greens, and when they just stick it in my inventory as they sometimes do, it's a drag.. doing what I was already doing (dragging and dropping,) but not getting a silver piece for it.

I no longer view the owners of this game the same way I once did. I wish that it weren't so...

Anyway.. that's the last I have to say about this or anything else they decide to do. I can't afford to care about it.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would venture that there are a couple of reasons.

One is that there are people accessing Gateway while not also in the game who have need to clear inventory space (levelling armorsmithing professions by crafting and vendoring pants, for example). Gateway has no overflow function at all, and no way to wander over to a store, or use an artifact, or anything else.

Another is that tabbing out to Gateway isn't really a satisfactory solution while you're anywhere that might be considered dangerous or when people are waiting on you, so leaving it in place as an option doesn't have the same impact as a readily accessible in-game anywhere-shop.

Another is that they've done a few things now to encourage more people to use Gateway more often. It really keeps the hooks in. (And I say that as a mostly satisfied Gateway user.) If publicizing this function draws in more Gateway users, I think that's very much in line with the fiscal reasoning behind having a Gateway at all.

Keep in mind the steps that have been taken to discourage using overflow bags as bonus storage space as well. Inconveniencing players means that at least some of them will fork over for convenience. (I got a cheap Catalogue for my character that I run most Foundry content on long before I heard about being able to sell to the WB, because I'm obsessive and want my 1.1 silver for all those un-IDed greens, dammit.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited May 2014
    It's not all about the Catalog Artifact, but it does help give the Catalog Artifact more relevance. Hurrah. whatever.

There are a lot of reasons why they do the things they do and 9 times in 10 our guesses are likely way off the mark in terms of primary reasons. So what? If it's inconvenient for you then just stop playing. Or deal with the so-called inconvenience. How the heck something can be "inconvenient" when you're still sitting on the same butt in the same chair you always are while playing the game is the real mystery here.

Who cares about not being able to sell remotely to the Bazaar? I've been in-game since way before open beta and I only realized I could do this a few months ago. So now that ability is gone. Fine. It belatedly vindicates my choice of the Aurora Catalog way back when the Artifacts were first introduced.

And for my alts that don't have the catalog: Pffft - just remember to always hit-up a vendor before delving on a quest - and stop picking-up red items. 'Nuff said.
    edited May 2014
    You cared about it quite a bit when I told you how to use it as a work around for your bug, Mr. Mouth.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    yeah, it sucks...
    on the bright side I almost never remembered to use it al all, so it won't be much change for me XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    LOL I never sold to the Wondrous Bazar anyways? Did not realise I could. LOL is the reason why I bought the Artifact.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So you gonna discard unidentified greens to be able to pick up worthwhile loot you'll lose what? 4 silver? before you reach a store. Not a big deal really.
    edited May 2014
    You cared about it quite a bit when I told you how to use it as a work around for your bug, Mr. Mouth.

If that's the impression you got, then you're reading way too much into what people say. I reported a bug. You responded with a work around. They had since fixed the bug. Nothing shrill to see here, move along. :)
    edited May 2014
    djarkaan wrote: »
    So you gonna discard unidentified greens to be able to pick up worthwhile loot you'll lose what? 4 silver? before you reach a store. Not a big deal really.

Precisely.
  • spongebob56spongebob56 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    First, the change was definitely to sell more bags. The Catalog artifact let you sell but its real advantage was you could buy health pots and injury kits (something the Bazaar did not). So the Catalog was always worthwhile sans the horrible stats it gave.

Second, to those who don't care about the change it was likely because you just didn't know it was there and you have been pitching money all this time by discarding those drops to save inventory space. I made hundreds of gold on my toons by selling those worthless greens and blues to the Bazaar. Hundreds. I can buy pots, injury kits, and swap enchants without a care in the world. You missed out on a really awesome and convenient feature in the game.
  • devaneiodevaneio Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    devaneio wrote: »
    I guessed that their intention was obvious for the "new refinement system". Bags and C.wards.

How long will take for people to realise that IWD is for you to buy companions from Zen store?

/obviously
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    That's 20% of a major injury kit. That's a big deal to some people, judging by the people crying about needing them for PvP.

Back on topic: First a shared bank and now this. Cryptic is simply increasing the zen market for bag/bank space.

You can buy injury kits for silver? where?
  • fraenciskinzfraenciskinz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hello everyone,

Since last update it is no more possible to sell via the panel of the Mervellous Bazar.

It was a really good point for most of people who dont have time to waste, on their gaming time, in stupid travels to the cities to empty bags and to win gold.

People are here to play quest and so on, not to loose their time to clean inventories ! ! !

So i hope its only a mistake , and that the team of development will soon repair this "PROBLEM" .

Thanks for advance for it,

Fraencis.
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is intentional, in the patch notes. I find it hindering but I can see a reason to make people take the merchant artifact.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • fraenciskinzfraenciskinz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It is totally unusefull !

People will spend time to clean inventories instead of playing.

It was a really good point for this game and they removed it ....

now we have to rush between vendor , auction and so on , as it was really convenient, helpfull and smart to offer to players the possibility to easy acces to all those action through only one panel...

I really hope they will change their mind, cause as i can see im not the only one to be upset by this change ...
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Honestly, it probably never should have been accessible to begin with. I have never played a game where you could access a store to sell items anywhere in the world without having to physically go to the store.

The fact the feature remained available as long as it did is surprising to say the least.
    edited May 2014
    Uh.. how about their other games? Granted all vendors only gave half face value.. but you were given that by DISCARDING the items.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They still let you sell through the gateway. And they even commented that, use of the gateway is intended. So it seems a little odd to close one door and leave another open.
  • kalyuxakalyuxa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They want us to buy (more) bags.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I never even knew that you could sell items that way while out adventuring (well, used to). The first artifact I always got was the Aurora's Catalogue just for that purpose. You learn something new every day.

If it's any consolation, two of my characters have one to legendary status, and while it's expensive to do so, the distilled major healing potions are incredible (pricey as all-get-out, but they take a lot of the load off using life stones). Once you use one of those healing potions you'll wonder how you ever got along without them.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • spongebob56spongebob56 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    thesensai wrote: »
    You can buy injury kits for silver? where?

There are consumable merchants throughout the game who sell injury kits.
  • overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    They fix minor revenue issues like this yet allow their own major competitors, the gold farmers, to run ramped and steal their customers away from them on their very own site. Really who is going to buy zen to buy ad, even at 500ad/1zen when you can buy a million ad from a spammer for less than $10? Makes no **** sense. All this is going to do is cause people to buy more spammer ad so they can buy more bags. Nice job there cryptic.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Walk down 10' to the Talmurine Trade Bar Merchant and he will buy your items.

Crazy, huh?
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
This discussion has been closed.