test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wondrous Bazaar sell tab removed?

2»

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Walk down 10' to the Talmurine Trade Bar Merchant and he will buy your items.

Crazy, huh?

You could sell stuff anywhere in the game using the Bazaar by pressing the button on top of the screen with the diamond on it , they don't mean interacting with the guy in town .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • duggyduggy Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    thesensai wrote: »
    You can buy injury kits for silver? where?

Just look for a Consumables Merchant... here's a pic to give you an idea...

consum_merch1.jpg
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Can buy injury kits everywhere can't you?
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Wrong thread* soz
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • gimpocalypsegimpocalypse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Believe the Bazaar selling tab being removed was not to make the Catalog Artifact more desirable,useful and/or valuable

but...

there was a glitch in it after they put in the check box to eliminate the warning on selling items not identified.

you had to equip and click "no" on warning it would be bound first on wearable gear [which defeated the check box for not identified],
    then other times it would take an item OTHER than the one you double-clicked to sell [usually was the last item you moved into your inventory before opening the Bazaar to sell] and sell that instead, in which you had to buy it back from the Bazaar [as along as you noticed it]

... could see that one as a potential for some "screams of angst" threads, if people thought they sold those 6s berries and a bunch of other trash and instead sold that Rank 7 enchantment they got out their mail earlier and then do something to reset vendor past items sold just before deciding to place that Rank 7 and realize they can't find it.

Maybe what happened was they couldn't figure out a fix, since the Bazaar [using the icon] seemed to be the only vendor you had to manually place the item in the box to sell [on equip-able gear]... probably since it was remote and not the actually vendor...
    so it's possible in trying to fix it, it would break other things, thus removing the sell tab would be the answer?

Since no one mentioned the glitch with the Bazaar, was it only me?

Then again...
    selling more bags probably a more logical answer.
    Been looking forward to upgrading my Perfect Sarcasm font, but due to recent changes it seems I will need to grind the Nine Hells for my Pure Sarcasm font... ironic isn't it?
  • trforetrfore Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm a casual player and I find it very difficult to get 24k AD per day. Lucky if i get 10k ad from drops as I usually only have 2 hours to play a day. But the thing that bugs me the most is not being able to sell junk items on the Wondrous Bazaar while im in the middle of a dungeon. Gold is pretty much an afterthought in this game and PWI wants to make it a chore to get the **** thing. Having to spend a lot of my gaming time running back and forth between quest location and vendors is a game changer for me. I only play this game to socialize with my RL friend. We play to have fun and not with the expectation that we will get the best gear as we know we dont put enough time on it.

But with the change to Wondrous Bazaar we have pretty much decided not to play this game cause we dont like to play a game where we have to spend most of our limited playing time managing our inventory. If PWE is so hard up for cash then they should just make it a sub game and put it back to where it was cause I will be willing to pay a sub as the game is quite entertaining till the Wondrous Bazaar change.

BTW my friend and I have spent over $200 on this game.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hustin1 wrote: »
    If it's any consolation, two of my characters have one to legendary status, and while it's expensive to do so, the distilled major healing potions are incredible (pricey as all-get-out, but they take a lot of the load off using life stones). Once you use one of those healing potions you'll wonder how you ever got along without them.

It boggles my mind that people even use health stones regularly.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • randomdiscordrandomdiscord Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    lawl I never knew you could sell your stuff from the AD tab vendor.

Heh me either, which is the reason I picked the catalog artifact on one of my charcters
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I use health stones because they've come with a number of the promos and are account bound.

Anyway, I fail to see how selling things to the Bazaar out in the field is any stranger than buying stuff the same way. You can be at the very bottom of the Chasm and open up the WB, buy a teleport scroll* from Wylie and use it. Why can't she buy your stuff the same way? And as said above, they even tell you in the patch notes you can still use the Gateway. This change makes no sense as they didn't remove the functionality, went out of their way to tell you that they didn't but made it more annoying.

*I don't buy these either, though I did pick up a ton of Waukeen scrolls cheap on the AH when the recent event was ending.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh sure, free health stones are a different matter than actually buying them. (I actually don't use those either. They sit in my bags and I look at them sometimes.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    First, the change was definitely to sell more bags. The Catalog artifact let you sell but its real advantage was you could buy health pots and injury kits (something the Bazaar did not). So the Catalog was always worthwhile sans the horrible stats it gave.

Second, to those who don't care about the change it was likely because you just didn't know it was there and you have been pitching money all this time by discarding those drops to save inventory space. I made hundreds of gold on my toons by selling those worthless greens and blues to the Bazaar. Hundreds. I can buy pots, injury kits, and swap enchants without a care in the world. You missed out on a really awesome and convenient feature in the game.
    And I've made thousands without caring that I could sell direct... This game throws currency at people.
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • ethandwethandw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is terrible.
    I already have 4 bags (2 from leveling and 2 greater bags of holding) and I always lack place.
    My bags are full of armor/weapon sets, quest items (from sharandar and dread ring), refine materials and many artifacts.
    With all these bags, I still cannot breathe.
    I only have 1 last slot for a final bag and no longer have the wondrous bazaar active.

So I guess now I will also need the shop keeper.
    One less bag slot. yay! :/
  • zenrazrzenrazr Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It adds new value to the Aurora Wholesale Catalog artifact for sure.

lol I used that artifact to refine another, (before i realized the change) and later after realizing the changes (the hard way mind you) thought exactly what you said. lawls....
  • vscoutvvscoutv Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It boggles my mind that people even use health stones regularly.
    I accidentally bought Greater Health stone (for 750 Zen) when I was buying keys once. I bought two -10 packs, but market changed to health stone when I clicked for third 10 pack. Heh I was *******, but live and learn. Now I watch more carefully. I couldn't even try to get my money back out of it because somehow they were so cheap on AH. That was few months ago, and the thing is still floating around my mail.

I didnt realize I could use bazaar in the field either. Here I kept having to make decisions on what to drop to make room. Esp if I needed to pick up a quest item or something. I basically only keep the blues and enchants. And find it annoying when greens or treasures end up in my pack, generally from chest or node, and normally drop them right away.

Wish there was a way to set it so I didn't pick them up or even see them on ground. A little annoying when others in group pick them up also. I have greed set on one of my mouse buttons so I can hit it on the fly, so when that happens, I have to stop for whatever split second it takes me to hit shift 3 before moving , which can be hassle in combat. But if others want the greens, more power to them.
    As a young boy chasing Dragons with your wooden sword so mighty, You're St. George or you're David and you always killed the beast
    Times change very quickly And you had to grow up early. A house in smoking ruins and the bodies at your feet ~Iron Maiden
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I am not surprised at all.

A long long time ago in a galaxy far far away, the wondrous bazaar was not accessible but at the wondrous bazaar. I do not believe it was ever meant to also allow us to sale in dungeons or wherever.

Overflow bag space was meant for must loot chest and things like that...IT WAS NEVER MEANT AS EXTRA STORAGE. I am really trying to refrain on this...but if you could manage to log into the game I have to assume you have some common sense and would know this.
  • xoltahxoltah Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    People have mentioned that you can still sell stuff via gateway but I don't see where? Have they removed that option from there as well or am I just not looking in the right place.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeahhh, Kelemvor has problems with dead threads being raised from the grave.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.