test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kicked after last boss killed, but before looting.

vitizaxvitizax Member Posts: 75 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Just ended GG T2 dungeon, i played with pugs, didnt say a word in the whole dungeon, i tank last boss perfectly, even without healer, when last boss is dead, and even before i could take my coins and seals i got kicked.

This is the third time this week this happens to me, i dont understand what kind of kicking system allow this, the dungeon is over, we are rolling for items and kicking is alowed??

What can i do to avoid this (apart from going with my guild) being faster kicking others???

Why didnt anybody think about this unjust behaviour when implementing kicking system?
Post edited by vitizax on

Comments

• Options
    ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This has been mentioned a lot. It makes no sense to me, but still hasn't been fixed. At the start of the end boss, kicking should be disabled from that point out.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    vitizax wrote: »
    Just ended GG T2 dungeon, i played with pugs, didnt say a word in the whole dungeon, i tank last boss perfectly, even without healer, when last boss is dead, and even before i could take my coins and seals i got kicked.

This is the third time this week this happens to me, i dont understand what kind of kicking system allow this, the dungeon is over, we are rolling for items and kicking is alowed??

What can i do to avoid this (apart from going with my guild) being faster kicking others???

Why didnt anybody think about this unjust behaviour when implementing kicking system?

Unfortunately, running with your guild is going to be your best bet. Vote kicking is going to be abused no matter how you slice it, and Cryptic can do very little about the behaviors of certain people. Some people are just going to be jerks no matter what you do.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Simple. Make it so you cannot kick someone after a certain distance into the dungeon. Before the mini-boss, or before the main boss.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    uglyduck1 wrote: »
    Simple. Make it so you cannot kick someone after a certain distance into the dungeon. Before the mini-boss, or before the main boss.

This seems like the most plausible solution. Once you load that boss fight (because it already makes you all walk into the circle and load the fight) turn kicking off. If you all die and reset the fight, kicking turns back on.
  • Options
    nytespawnnytespawn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Good idea. Could also change it to a party vote for kicking. That's how its in a lot of games.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would be in favor of simply preventing kicks from being started/done while anyone on the party is in combat, and while any loot is being rolled on, (with a 3-5 minute window after any criteria is met). I'd also like to see someone not voting on a kick counted as a "No", (for when they just close the window or don't vote in time).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Unfortunately, running with your guild is going to be your best bet. Vote kicking is going to be abused no matter how you slice it, and Cryptic can do very little about the behaviors of certain people. Some people are just going to be jerks no matter what you do.

We are not asking cryptic to change ppls behavior, we are asking them to change their voting system.
  • Options
    brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2014
    Or, no more kicking at the boss campfire and beyond. How hard can this be?
  • Options
    lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    here is an intersting idea:

NO MORE KICK VOTE!!!!

u pug play with what u got dont like it leave party and start over

this means no more ninja!!!!
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lemonchill wrote: »

NO MORE KICK VOTE!!!!

I don't think the vote system should be abandoned all together - it just seems the devs have an unrealistically optimistic view of how players would actually use the system... a few tweaks as people have suggested should do the trick.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    savraisavrai Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well, now that the loot key system is in place, it kind of takes away the need to vote kick. Now, if you don't like the group you can leave and not lose out on boss loot even if DD has ended.

The most common reason I've seen for vote kicking is someone continuously rolling 'need' instead of 'greed'. Simple fix - everyone roll need. Even on Epics. Hope that the RNG drops a class item. Even if there's more than one of your class, you're only rolling against that 1, 2 or 3 and not 5.

The second most common reason is a disconnect. I can't really think of a solution for that unless it's possible for the code to detect a DC and allow a kick...
    *Legit Community*

Heather - Ranger
    James - Paladin
    Jet - Warlock
    Royal - Cleric
    Gray - Rogue
    Red - Wizard
    Ios - Barbarian
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014

And thieves will always exist so banks don't really need to take measures to protect money from customers or themselves. Must be nice to pretend cryptic has done everything flawlessly and locking legitimate threads wanting to improve an area of the game calling them complains when they really aren't.

Toxic people will always exist, but there are always ways to reduce their affect on the game.

1) Set a way to lock loot rolls as a vote or from the leader to prevent need ninjas on all greed runs.
    2) If players have contributed to the last fight, disable kicking for that player. There's just no justification to do it ever.
    3) Members who didn't contribute to the dungeon (if the queue allows them to join in after the fight) shouldn't be able to roll.

Those are not impossible things to implement but will give people more control and people are less likely to get loot they don't deserve. You're right that guild runs are definitely the way to go. However it shouldn't be a forced option and not all guilds will constantly have 5 players up for the same thing. There may be other things they can also do, but those are just some that have either been mentioned or that I thought of.
  • Options
    qq88ppqq88pp Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There are solutions out there, some mentioned in this thread, and in all preceding threads.
    Point is, improving kicking system does not improve monetary gains, at least not on a visible scale.
    A new class, a new area, a new dungeon, does increase revenue.
  • Options
    bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've completly lost track of how many times I've ran FC and I've never seen anyone get kicked that didn't vote need. In fact, I've never seen someone in any dungeon I've run get kicked that didn't vote need after a boss fight.

OP voted need and got kicked. No reason to come to the forums to complain about something fair that happened to you.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

This would just make finding groups that much more difficult. Make groups that do form fall apart early after someone needs on early bosses. And make more groups set to "Party leader decides" to prevent ninjaing, which would just end up with more ninja'd items.
  • Options
    vitizaxvitizax Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bucklittle wrote: »

OP voted need and got kicked. No reason to come to the forums to complain about something fair that happened to you.

Sorry but this is not true, i made a ticket, they can review logs or whatever.

Asseverating things when you dont really know if is true, is just lying. Avoid calling me liar in the future, its disrespectful.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think votekick is needed for needers in greedruns. All need is no option, because the DC woud allways get his item while DDs would have to roll against up to 3 other guys.

I did a GG DK PUG run with my GWF as runner. In the first run they kicked the HR for no reason. I ckecked if he needed or was afk, no reason for the kick, so I voted against the kick, but got overruled. The next run they did not find a replacement, invited him again and kicked him again. I voted against it, again. Got overruled and he was kicked, again. I asked the team for a reason and later the kicked player, because I assumed it was a joke between friends. They were ninjas.

As it seems you cant run as random player with guilds, without the fear of ninjas. They should at last make a kick unianimous and not a majority decision.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bucklittle wrote: »
    I've completly lost track of how many times I've ran FC and I've never seen anyone get kicked that didn't vote need. In fact, I've never seen someone in any dungeon I've run get kicked that didn't vote need after a boss fight.

Noone cares about loot in FC though...
  • Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    lemonchill wrote: »

NO MORE KICK VOTE!!!!

In case you don't know, the vote-kick system was introduced for a reason. Before that, anyone could kick anyone at any time for no reason. It was pure chaos at times. Trust me, the vote-kick is much better than the way it was before.

I've suggested this many times already, so here's one more time: We could simply block the vote-kick during combat, and for three minutes afterwards. This makes sure no one gets kicked during combat, and we have plenty of time to gather up loot afterwards. Even if you died during the boss fight, you will still have plenty of time to run up to the chest and get your loot. Plus, waiting all of three minutes to kick someone who's disconnected isn't all that bad, and it will give them time to return anyway. The problem will be solved permanently, and yet this is hardly the last time we'll hear about this problem.
  • Options
    newton182newton182 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I like your idea ive been kicked 3 times in the last 2 days which meanS out of 4 dugeon delves i only completed ONE! NO MORE KICKING ONLY FOR INACTIVITY
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is why you have to have the kick vote, because people will need on greed runs. Because the same jerks who steal your quest ends like idols and dwarves in IWD will also ninja loot. People are jerks, without some sort of way to combat them, they will always take advantage.

I have to say, being kicked multiple times in one week, is way WAY beyond average , you may find some people kicking after boss fight, but I might have experienced that once or twice in a thousand dungeon runs. Overall doing that people burn bridge after bridge and eventually when they ask to join , you will recognize them and you WILL not invite them.

JOIN legit, dont worry about speedrunning and exploits and the ninjas, they will be outed on that channel for sure.

Ive done 4 runs in DK with average of like 13k gearscore, while those speed runners worry about 5 runs or so while exploiting and acting like jerks if you , oh by chance pull a mob or something. Those same people will require you to have perfect vorps , 15k plus and stones and junk for a simple t2 (in fact once you know it DK is actually easier then FC, the front mobs are way faster to take down legit wise and FC front heavy on mob adds)

This community is pretty harsh really, legit is more reasonable , or join a more populated guild, that works as well. I never use LFG unless I have to fill out a party. But its stated up front, its legit rules, greed all, no exploits, and garsh darnit, have fun, its a game afterall.
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    vitizax wrote: »

That's why GMs are for. Submit a ticket, they have all the logs anyway. Kickers perma-banned, problem solved.
  • Options
    maroucatmaroucat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Vote kick has to be there because of pikers, and yeah it's abused sometimes; but more often than not it's used to eliminate people just trailing along behind the group barely doing anything other than picking boogers and rolling need on everything they can.
  • Options
    unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
    edited May 2014

I would agree with this completely, if you enter the final boss chamber or campfire the vote kick option is disabled for the entire fight until you exit the dungeon.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    It seems a lot of people get kicked for needing. Even if a greed run isn't agreed upon. Easiest fix would be to lock the vote to kick at the end boss and make it so a party can choose greed only loot rule on starting the dungeon.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    silverkelt wrote: »
    This is why you have to have the kick vote, because people will need on greed runs. Because the same jerks who steal your quest ends like idols and dwarves in IWD will also ninja loot. People are jerks, without some sort of way to combat them, they will always take advantage.

I have to say, being kicked multiple times in one week, is way WAY beyond average , you may find some people kicking after boss fight, but I might have experienced that once or twice in a thousand dungeon runs. Overall doing that people burn bridge after bridge and eventually when they ask to join , you will recognize them and you WILL not invite them.

I see it from a similar viewpoint. Because out of the hundreds of dungeons I've done, I've never once seen someone kicked without good reason. It's almost always because someone either needed on an item, or someone DCed and is taking up a spot.
  • Options
    randomdiscordrandomdiscord Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If the need/greed system were removed, you would no longer face the issue of people "needing" on a green run. I personally do not understand the necessity of the need/greed loot system. Everything can be sold or salvaged, regardless if your character can use the item or not, you would still benefit in some fashion from the loot.

Every time any member of the party loots something, all members of the party auto-roll for that item. Problem solved.
  • Options
    calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ladymythos has the solution I like best! That would work just fine for 99% of us I'd think
  • Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I would agree with this completely, if you enter the final boss chamber or campfire the vote kick option is disabled for the entire fight until you exit the dungeon.
    1. Enter boss fight.
    2. Fail boss fight.
    3. One person disconnects for whatever reason, and doesn't come back.
    4. The vote kick was disabled when you started the boss fight, so you can't kick the person who disconnected. But as you can't kick him, you can't get a replacement either.

What now?