test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Serious re-work needed

mikeym80mikeym80 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
Disclaimer: Unless you are a serious PvP enthusiast in this game, playing at top tier, this does not pertain to you.

GWF is OP (still)
And I mean seriously OP. 20k encounters? Seriously press 1 button and you do 20k to a tanky DC? That's unreal guys.
PvP is trolled by 3 GWF (or all) comp. GWF = win. Roar can cancel anything? Impossible to catch.. IMPOSSIBLE!

TR is ruined
Literally smashed into the ground by nerf hammers. You've taken impact shot away from them completely. If the enemy runs, TR's are forced to watch, or try to keep up while their skill less PotB ticks. Stealth and watch (duelist flurrying) is the new meta for a TR. Not to mention Shadow Strike AND ITC bug since beta. Can't even kill an HR with the right build 1v1.

GF's
LOL!

PS:
Valindras Crown is broken. You can cancel the animation and spam it? Apparently it also refreshes Soulforged?

Leader board is broken. The rank proves nothing and has no worth with people farming their alts in another party. A complete reset of the leader board should actually take place seeing how it's not by any means legit at the moment.
Not even sure how the ranking works, how to climb the ladder, or why I go down after a win.

Overall, I would like to thank the devs for recognizing the PvP community with MOD 3. These issues that have become a frustrating pet peeve to me that I listed above is only constructive criticism.Keep your flame to yourself.
Open PvP was plenty fun so far. We've managed a few guild wars on the new map and it was just amazing. There's a few videos up on Youtube already!

Please share your known issues in PvP as well.
1z4y45e.jpg
Post edited by mikeym80 on

Comments

• proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Good job Scary.

I might add the new fotm Pathfinder spec to the broken things. if GWF and HR are tamed down to pre M3, TR remains powerful and DC can still do their job without having to suffer 20K IBS crits.

Support classes such as DC above also suffer a lot because of the 8 second cooldown on mounting.
  • forumnamesarelamforumnamesarelam Member Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    No one is landing a 20k IBS on a "tanky" DC, at least without massive debuffs and the DC already being low on life.

HR is a much bigger problem, you can catch and burn down a GWF or make him run away, but a HR can contest node until the cows come home. It's unreal.

I saw a guy today in GG use forest meditation (he was the new pathfinder spec) in the middle of a crowd of 5 guys (including 2 supposedly OP GWF's) and basically he healed through/deflected everything, popped up and dodged his way to freedom.

Talk about get real...
  • mikeym80mikeym80 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I just watched 16+, 18+ and 19+ on a DC in my guild. RoE was the only debuff.
    My TR guildies were hit for 18k no debuff
    1z4y45e.jpg
  • forumnamesarelamforumnamesarelam Member Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    mikeym80 wrote: »
    I just watched 16+, 18+ and 19+ on a DC in my guild.

Care to share your facts?

Pics or it didn't happen.
  • mikeym80mikeym80 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    They took staying in matches out of the game but I'll see what I can get together in open PvP
    1z4y45e.jpg
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Disclaimer: Unless you are a serious PvP enthusiast in this game, playing at top tier, this does not pertain to you.

This is thoughtful of you, thank you. I wish more people would do this.

Though I'm not a PvPer, I understand the juxtaposition PvE versus PvP pose. I hope the Devs can work something out that make all you PvPers happy. :)
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I wish we TR's had our single target damage back (even if it would be limited in PVP) I wouldnn't mind givig up perma stealth for that. But at least I would be able to do better in PVE.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited May 2014
    Any balance changes would benefit everyone. At the top tier is where you find the most exploits too which is where devs should look for figuring out balance changes.

-OP builds-

IV Destroyer GWF: they did a nerf and, with the new power calculation and some buffs, they now appear stronger than before. They need to look at the Encounters on the GWF instead of the feats I believe.

Pathfinder HR: this is the new uber class. Wow are they powerful. Also I've never understood why the class has so many dodges and can tab (stance switch) for a total of six encounters? The most agile class in the game, the TR, only has 2 dodges and the CW only has 4 encounters counting their tab.

Perma TR: like the PF HR this was a creation of nerfing. The TR became inferior in single target damage to the GWF, couldn't compete with the mobility or versatility of the HR, so this was the result. This is a total cheese build. TRs need their single target damage returned and some type of cap on how long they can stay in stealth. But I will say the SE nerf was appropriate though as it was OP.

-the other classes-

DC: I actually don't think the healing depression was bad. The class just needs some more DPS and some adjustment to their combat encounters. Yeah, I know some people want the ability to bring back the unkillable clerics but I definitely do not.

GF: needs major DPS buff. But in doing so they need to address prone chaining. Someone who is proned should get a small immunity before being able to be proned again.

CW: I think this class is fine as is in PvP. The three builds above make them easy prey though.

I almost completely agree with you. I would say a TR relies on stealth though. Get caught out and you are at 30%
    Thanks for the positive feedback though.
    This is thoughtful of you, thank you. I wish more people would do this.

Though I'm not a PvPer, I understand the juxtaposition PvE versus PvP pose. I hope the Devs can work something out that make all you PvPers happy. :)

I tried to keep it sincerely kosher on this topic and refrain from flame. Can't assume it will be flame free though.
    Thanks for a biased and positive reply. Much appreciated.
    1z4y45e.jpg
  • overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014

GWF is OP (still)
    And I mean seriously OP. 20k encounters? Seriously press 1 button and you do 20k to a tanky DC? That's unreal guys.
    PvP is trolled by 3 GWF (or all) comp. GWF = win. Roar can cancel anything? Impossible to catch.. IMPOSSIBLE!

TR is ruined
    Literally smashed into the ground by nerf hammers. You've taken impact shot away from them completely. If the enemy runs, TR's are forced to watch, or try to keep up while their skill less PotB ticks. Stealth and watch (duelist flurrying) is the new meta for a TR. Not to mention Shadow Strike AND ITC bug since beta. Can't even kill an HR with the right build 1v1.

GF's
    LOL!

PS:
    Valindras Crown is broken. You can cancel the animation and spam it? Apparently it also refreshes Soulforged?

Leader board is broken. The rank proves nothing and has no worth with people farming their alts in another party. A complete reset of the leader board should actually take place seeing how it's not by any means legit at the moment.
    Not even sure how the ranking works, how to climb the ladder, or why I go down after a win.

Overall, I would like to thank the devs for recognizing the PvP community with MOD 3. These issues that have become a frustrating pet peeve to me that I listed above is only constructive criticism.Keep your flame to yourself.
    Open PvP was plenty fun so far. We've managed a few guild wars on the new map and it was just amazing. There's a few videos up on Youtube already!

All of this needs to be said by the group you are referring to, not just "to" them. I don't agree 100% with the particulars where classes are concerned, but the message its self is legit. Thanks for saying it.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • brianbabs1brianbabs1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I really hope PWE looks into this forum post great points.

-Shadow
    edited May 2014
    TRs are ruined, for PVE mainly. for PVP they can be an annoyance, more than anything. something that slowly burns you to death.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014

GWF is OP (still)

TR is ruined

GF's
    LOL!

I agree with all of this except that TR is completely ruined. I will say it has gotten into a much worse state progressively as a result of the nerfs, but TR still has lots of potential to do and be extremely viable still despite it having less 1v1 capability in certain situations now. I agree that not perma based TRs are ruined though. Once the discussed stealth changes take place, then TR will need significant damage buffs again or else I probably will agree it is completely ruined.

I am not sure where I stand on the leaderboard though, so I cut it out of the quote and am not going to say much about it. All I can say is that a reset means nothing if there are not changes to make it more accurate if it is inaccurate. Also, you like many others have said you don't know how the leaderboard works, so how could you say that it is inaccurate? I don't mean to attack you with that statement or anything. I do feel myself as though the leaderboard isn't accurate in reflecting rankings, but I also can't say I understand how it works. Perhaps if we saw the true mechanics of it, it could make more sense as to how it was working. However, if we were told how it works, then people would know how to abuse the system. Again, I do feel as though it may not be entirely accurate though.

Aside from that , I also couldn't thank the devs enough for recognizing the PvP community with this mod. Obviously there will always be issues with balance and despite new changes or issues arising, I believe overall the game is on the right track moving towards well balanced PvP gameplay. If it wasn't for this mod getting involved in and recognizing the PvP community I would have left. I already did leave for a short time prior to the mod, but now that PvP is being recognized and delt with, I am excited to stay.
  • larzyntlarzynt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    GWF: So you nerfed a rogue's daily that was overpowered (yea it was), and then you make a GWF to deal more damage with a single encounter? The fact is that every PvP Gwf now is running his build with defensive stats roll, defensive gears, Greater Plaguefire enchantment and Destroyer's feat. Still hit like a full dps class.
    Also, I have a GWF at 55 with items level 30. I go in dungeons, I tank everything and easy shot everyone at boss.
    I go PvP and with one rotation I am able to kill everyone with my gwf.
    Full rank 6 GWF with some personal skill that is fightining without weapon enchant can easy defeat a full rank 9 class.

CW: What the hell... 0 control ability, low damage and not really ranged skills.

TR: I hate the nerf method since they nerfed DUelist's flurry max stack of poison. 10 instead 20...
    Some say next nerf will let Trickster wear one-handed rounded scissors in main-hand and Swiss army knife as off-hand weapon.
    I am not going to cry for impact shot nerf or shocking execution because even TR is my main class I think they acted correctly nerfing 'em..
    Just can't understund how they can think to nerf EVERYTHING about TR and don't fix things such Impossible to catch immunity against Daze from Dazing Strike, Disruptive shot, Roar, etc etc.
    Give us back 20 poison stack! Atleast TR is going to be used again in PvE!

GF: Useless. That's all.

HR: Doesn't have any rilevance in PvE. Beast class in PvP.
    edited May 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    TRs are ruined, for PVE mainly. for PVP they can be an annoyance, more than anything. something that slowly burns you to death.

Slowly is a good word. Trying to not get hit or proned while stealthing the whole time you are slowly taking someone down, or you're 30% if caught.
    Keep in mind rotations, artifacts, and pots. I personally think the DPS on a TR is slightly under powered.
    1z4y45e.jpg
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Clipped the unnecessary responses out of the thread. As a reminder, don't respond to an inflammatory post, but use the "Report Post" function (that little triangle icon with the ! in the lower left corner of every post) to bring it to our attention. If you respond to or quote an inflammatory post, you risk that post being removed and possible action being taken.

Thanks!! Oh, and PM a moderator if you have any questions about this note--don't respond or reply to it.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well then... you stand in shoes of your own making...

And until you learn that these nerfs are not solving anything but only creating your own problems that were not there prior... you deserve the PvP you got...

You did it to yourself.
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    DC: I actually don't think the healing depression was bad. The class just needs some more DPS and some adjustment to their combat encounters. Yeah, I know some people want the ability to bring back the unkillable clerics but I definitely do not.

I beg to disagree, we do zero damage and are struggling to heal ourselves in current meta. What can and what should we do except being a meatshield? Healer? Nah, you must trade your healing power to survive in pvp, most pve cleric always dies in one rotation (with a few exceptions here). Dps/debuff? You die even faster because you have to slot 3 dps encounters. Sentinel? That is what all other pvp players want from you. They usually want you to stay 2 to heal and keep the mid node contested. No idea what is our role in pvp now except being a food and meatshield. So why not giving back clerics better self healing and unnerfed back temp hp on Anointed Champions?? Or you don't want your cleric in your team to be a sent but instead doing dps or pve max healing style in pvp?
    edited May 2014
    jazzfong wrote: »
    I beg to disagree, we do zero damage and are struggling to heal ourselves in current meta. What can and what should we do except being a meatshield? Healer? Nah, you must trade your healing power to survive in pvp, most pve cleric always dies in one rotation (with a few exceptions here). Dps/debuff? You die even faster because you have to slot 3 dps encounters. Sentinel? That is what all other pvp players want from you. They usually want you to stay 2 to heal and keep the mid node contested. No idea what is our role in pvp now except being a food and meatshield. So why not giving back clerics better self healing and unnerfed back temp hp on Anointed Champions?? Or you don't want your cleric in your team to be a sent but instead doing dps or pve max healing style in pvp?

I'd say your first mistake (judging by you names in your sig) is that you rolled wrong. Halfling + 20 con roll. Hp = surviving. Halfling race also offer a CC resist. Run Miracle healers and put a P Vorp in your weapon.

I know a few DC's that can hold their own on a node 1v1 against almost any class. A good DC is also going to rotate quick and spot heal teammates that are low on end points. With the new CD on mounts I'm not sure how these rotations are working out lately.
    1z4y45e.jpg
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hi!

I must join this little club here, yes Module 3 needs a serious rework. The PVE part is nearly good, but the broken and now over nerfed GF really needs a rework. My primary char is a GF and he is nearly unplayable in this environment, he was very broken as a class in the past too, but with open world PVP and the much harsh PVE opponents, without any help he is a pain to play or nearly unplayable, like in the above mentioned open world pvp, he can't run, he can't dodge, he has no survivability skills, that can keep him par with other classes.

My other point, Sentinels and perma TRs are still too overpowered, i know this looks cool, but yet again no such a thing in D&D.

Sentinel players tend to come with their lower dps value, but again this is not so true, i saw a sentinel today, with more than 8K power and 3K crit, and 46K health points.

Perma in any way should be erased from the game, they ruin gameplay and to be honest they can really manipulate the AH prices, because they are the majority of players who can come close to Ancient gear, just look at AH prices, they are in the sky now, not any normal player can afford them now.

I must add, that i like pvp, but in a more controlled environment, that's why i better like the old school Domination, it has certainly it's faults too, but way better than this.

Third, i think the incorporation of dailies into pvp is a big mistake, my guild is made for mostly PVE content, so the players. Now you can't go on and choose whether to do dailes or pvp, it has been mixed together. I don't see the point in here!

Pvp now in Mod 3 is a big playground for some kidies or some really nasty people and guilds, who just play an OP GWF or mostly perma TR and don't let you do your quests in peace. Today i came across an Italian guild, who's players only do PVP in that area and they only consist out of OP GWF Sentinels and perma TRs. They stood there and where just irritating people, who asked for letting them do their dailies, but no, we had to come back latter, much latter.

Overall this kind of PVP is not about skill nor about honor, 10v1 or more is a big nonsense, there should be a limit of opposing players, both minimum and maximum.

I think for the devs, the easiest way would be to separate the two gaming styles, than think further.

Bye!

Oh yes don't forget the new HRs as above mentioned by a fellow player, they are also useless in PVE, but can be a big pain in PVP, yes i too witnessed an in-game meditation, i was just looking and said to myself, what the holy...
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I must add, that i like pvp, but in a more controlled environment, that's why i better like the old school Domination, it has certainly it's faults too, but way better than this.

Third, i think the incorporation of dailies into pvp is a big mistake, my guild is made for mostly PVE content, so the players. Now you can't go on and choose whether to do dailes or pvp, it has been mixed together. I don't see the point in here!

Pvp now in Mod 3 is a big playground for some kidies or some really nasty people and guilds, who just play an OP GWF or mostly perma TR and don't let you do your quests in peace. Today i came across an Italian guild, who's players only do PVP in that area and they only consist out of OP GWF Sentinels and perma TRs. They stood there and where just irritating people, who asked for letting them do their dailies, but no, we had to come back latter, much latter.

Come on, man. It's a PvP daily! You can't expect PvP players to leave you alone for a PvP daily. It isn't necessary to do it anyway. They DID separate the PvP and PvE zones. As long as you don't cross the border, you're safe. PvP dailies are not a requirement to advance in PvE campaign.
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    SS/Vid or gtfo.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Real logic, nerf control in pvp but buff unstoppable and blocking. Why is it that a GWF is able to activate god mode so often, and it remains full even after falling and a soulforge reviving them. You manage to kill them, but they get back up, you get rushed, killed, they run off to heal up.

GF able block your entire row of attacks and have enough block left to drain another player's. But in PVE 3 little gobbies hit you and you're left running like a scared headless chicken.
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'd say your first mistake (judging by you names in your sig) is that you rolled wrong. Halfling + 20 con roll. Hp = surviving. Halfling race also offer a CC resist. Run Miracle healers and put a P Vorp in your weapon.

I know a few DC's that can hold their own on a node 1v1 against almost any class. A good DC is also going to rotate quick and spot heal teammates that are low on end points. With the new CD on mounts I'm not sure how these rotations are working out lately.

I know abt race for clerics as well. My first 3 clerics are human, one for pve and two for pvp, all were deleted to free up character slot. (My ardent coin.... :( ). I made my Elf (sun-elf) in Sept cuz i want to try the new race with control resist and for the nice looking. After that all my clerics are halfling. The difference between them are max dex/cha faithful, max dex/cha righteous, max dex/con righteous and max dex/con faithful. Now the newest one Elves is max con/dex, a min-maxed troll defensive tank for IWD pvp. I will try to get MH set later to try its effect on a 35k hp cleric and yeah my Elf is a float healer, the 8 sec mount prevent system really makes me mad and what i do is stop taking burning guidance and cast pure healing spell like HW on my allies so that i will not be dragged into the 8 sec combat timer (as i didn't damaged anyone). I doubt whether this will help anot, i keep got hitted everytime i float around and it makes no significant difference yet... Need more matches, maybe pvp more for 2 weeks will do.
  • velynnavelynna Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2014

DCs have it a LOT harder than TRs in terms of survivability at the moment, and can be focused far, far more easily. That being said, GWF damage is out of control right now when one rotation can almost kill just about anyone. And HR survivability/regen is kind of ridiculous for a ranged class.

Edit: The combat timer has also hugely curtailed the possibility of "quick" rotations. I've even gone with both movement speed boons, rank 9s in utilities, etc., and it's still so painfully slow to move between points.
    edited May 2014
    Maybe daily powers should be disabled in PVP? Maybe this would make harder to kill others.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Maybe daily powers should be disabled in PVP? Maybe this would make harder to kill others.

I think it comes down to multiple other factors. Lesser geared and built characters will spam dailies on a character, all at once, and you can just rock on right through that. Better geared/built characters will one shot you with those dailies. But where there actually is gs/build parity, the dailies seem to function as intended: potentially lethal attacks which do substantial damage but will not one shot you from full health to nothing.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
    edited May 2014
    SS/Vid or gtfo.

You want me to post a Shadow Strike bug video? Gladly! I'll also include ITC bug as well!
    Unless you weren't talking to me, apologies.
    velynna wrote: »
    DCs have it a LOT harder than TRs in terms of survivability at the moment, and can be focused far, far more easily. That being said, GWF damage is out of control right now when one rotation can almost kill just about anyone. And HR survivability/regen is kind of ridiculous for a ranged class.

Edit: The combat timer has also hugely curtailed the possibility of "quick" rotations. I've even gone with both movement speed boons, rank 9s in utilities, etc., and it's still so painfully slow to move between points.

This ^
    1z4y45e.jpg
  • spongebob56spongebob56 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Yes, daily powers are powerful and not having them would result in fewer kills. But I don't know about removing them. They do, in my opinion, add an interesting dynamic to PvP. But they need some tweaking. For example, the DC Hammer of Fate should be just one hard hitting hammer (or three fired as one). The problem now is the animation takes all day to run its course as it fires each hammer, one after another, up to a total of three. The DC is immune to CC during this time but not damage. It should be more like Ice Knife where you hear it being fired, it then fires off the hammer(s), and it either hits or the target dodges it. And if you are hit it should really suck (like Ice Knife). To make it unique, and not just another Ice Knife, they can add a daze/stun if someone is hit by it.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Good job Scary.

I might add the new fotm Pathfinder spec to the broken things. if GWF and HR are tamed down to pre M3, TR remains powerful and DC can still do their job without having to suffer 20K IBS crits.

Support classes such as DC above also suffer a lot because of the 8 second cooldown on mounting.

I'd love to be "tamed down" on my HR with neverending constricting arrow (thanks to stormstep action), easy near-instant 5k crits on split shot, and a fox shift that hits 4 times. You can have my extra 3k damage from careful attack.

FOTM for HR isn't Pathfinder, it's just HR. Almost everything comes from regular HR abilities, and those abilities ARE nerfed. God forbid a paragon path has ONE decent skill to add to the normal skillset (careful attack).

As for the OP, I agree with what you've said however I still think TRs are the best at contesting a node (and certainly the best at getting to the enemy node).
    PS:

I noticed a CW doing this. It also seemed like his soulforged procced twice in about 15 seconds. Something is definitely up.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
    edited May 2014
    I noticed a CW doing this. It also seemed like his soulforged procced twice in about 15 seconds. Something is definitely up.

Yep, you're absolutely right. Props to the devs for the Emblem nerf though. We need to shed some light on this new bug now.
    1z4y45e.jpg