test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Serious re-work needed

13»

Comments

• hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    mikeym80 wrote: »
    Since I've posted this, things have only become worse. Now everyone has a GWF. The past week has been hell in PvP with all the troll comps. PLEASE, I am begging you! Take a look at the **** class balance before adding more zen items to the zen store. People aren't even playing now due to this imbalance.

Yeah I've been noticing it more too. And with the posts about Roar being broken means of course every GWF is slotting Roar now to abuse it.

I can handle taking a 15k IBS if I mess up and get proned. But I'm not into taking it when Roar interrupts a well-timed dodge.

I PVP a lot and it's starting to get to the point where I don't want to anymore until they fix Roar.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • juicebox87juicebox87 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Since I've posted this, things have only become worse. Now everyone has a GWF. The past week has been hell in PvP with all the troll comps. PLEASE, I am begging you! Take a look at the **** class balance before adding more zen items to the zen store. People aren't even playing now due to this imbalance.

Its just the normal hahaha win button fails rotating through classes. I PvP a lot but when I see troll comps I just sit in spawn and dont give them the option to kill me. As you already know ofc as you came on my thread telling me to suck it up and quit crying about THIS SAME TOPIC. I wont insult you here because I dont feel its right with you having made several valid points over the 5 pages this thread has. I would only suggest if your going to tell people to man up, to do the same. I dont have issues killing a fully decked out GWF even with my R8 genchants on my HR. Maybe you should try rolling one. Managing 7 CD's and Constant Stamina meter checks all the while trying to kite and avoid prones isnt as easy as you think. ~Ashiok.
  • mikeym80mikeym80 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    juicebox87 wrote: »
    Its just the normal hahaha win button fails rotating through classes. I PvP a lot but when I see troll comps I just sit in spawn and dont give them the option to kill me. As you already know ofc as you came on my thread telling me to suck it up and quit crying about THIS SAME TOPIC. I wont insult you here because I dont feel its right with you having made several valid points over the 5 pages this thread has. I would only suggest if your going to tell people to man up, to do the same. I dont have issues killing a fully decked out GWF even with my R8 genchants on my HR. Maybe you should try rolling one. Managing 7 CD's and Constant Stamina meter checks all the while trying to kite and avoid prones isnt as easy as you think. ~Ashiok.

The only reason I came at you foul on another thread was the fact you posted a screen cap trying to get one of my guild mates banned. Simple as that. Read my last reply to your last reply.

By the way, I was not one of the GWF's you played against. I will NEVER make a GWF. I run a nerf hammered, weak TR.
    1z4y45e.jpg
  • juicebox87juicebox87 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I did not report anyone, Just wondering if its something that should be. I probably will never report anyone for anything. Sorry your class got nerfed into the floor. In My opinion TR;s should have Super hard hitting skills with long cooldowns. Forcing you to utilize stealth and harass other players down to a burstable range. I fought a AP build TR recently that was just that. Whirlwind is the new Shocking IMO and she dropped it on me for 15k Damage 3 times in one fight. With 60% Ap generation she was nearly unbeatable unless I kept max distance. As for Nerfing GWF's I highly doubt it will happen. Ever watched a Live Feed? What class is the Dev playing. Just guess. Yep a GWF. They are the Devs favorite little toy and everyone knows a kid never breaks his favorite toy. They have repeatedly stated over and over, Suck it up, GWFs are where we want them, We wont be nerfing this class. Period. Alot of my friends have quit this game over how unbalanced it is. Only when Cryptic realize there wallets getting lighter will they do something about it. Good luck with your class I hope it gets fixed.
  • pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah I've been noticing it more too. And with the posts about Roar being broken means of course every GWF is slotting Roar now to abuse it.

I can handle taking a 15k IBS if I mess up and get proned. But I'm not into taking it when Roar interrupts a well-timed dodge.

I PVP a lot and it's starting to get to the point where I don't want to anymore until they fix Roar.

Well, I refuse to slot roar. I'll say it, even though I don't like nerfs for anyone, I think the pending fix for Roar should happen sooner than later. On that note, there certainly is a class that shouldn't call nerf on GWFs, just sayin'.
  • overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    pherrow wrote: »
    Well, I refuse to slot roar. I'll say it, even though I don't like nerfs for anyone, I think the pending fix for Roar should happen sooner than later. On that note, there certainly is a class that shouldn't call nerf on GWFs, just sayin'.

Tough to get behind a roar nerf when the next thing will be a careful attack nerf. Then what. GWFs figured how to bugger what people were calling OP HR's and eventually people will figure how to bugger roar-addicted gwfs. Im not saying that any particular class or power IS, or is NOT OP, just I dont trust larry moe and curly there in the dev department to really handle all this properly. Sorry but previous experience is the best indication of potential future success or failure.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just to be clear, asking for Roar to be fixed is NOT calling for a nerf. Roar is bugged, officially confirmed as such, and due for a bug fix. I have no problem with GWFs other than that one bugged encounter. Sure, they're pretty OP. But the upside is that there are a LOT of bad ones out there.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • vristvrist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2014
    There will always be that 1 class that tops the chart. Even in games where they place everyone in equal gear, there is that one class that has skill combo advantage and even then people sceam unbalanced. And of course the nerd mentality is to run out and roll that class, master it and make a name for themselves.

This is why PVP in most games end up becoming a lesser factor in the games survival, because everyone that lives, breaths, and farts pvp ends up moving on because eventually they get tired of reworking a new class, or new gear set every "rebalance"
  • slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    GF: LOLs!

I think GF is ok if you only solo queue, it can still be fun if your team is decent.

GWF: LOLs!

Yup they are a bit much, it is always a good indicater that a class is op when one can finish a match with tons of kill while having 0 or 1 death. They need to tune down the base dmg on take down and IBS, also increase the cooldown on roar. Right now the problem with roar and take down having little cooldown makes it really easy to land IBS.

Bottome line I don't think they can ever nerf GWF to the point that is BALANCED, it is like impossible for a melee class, it would always be strong if not OP, or it may go to another extreme which is UP, we talking about worse than DC/GF UNDERPOWERED.

And just honorable mention the most OP thing in PVP is still the B&S perma stealth TR. You pretty much can not be killed if you don't want to, but you will never kill anything at your same skill/gear level as well. It is just way too dedicated to be widely accepted by the TR players. But it beats everything else in game and is THE best winning tool in PVP because people would try to camp you and then they would spend hours trying so and walk out with frustration.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    overddrive wrote: »
    Tough to get behind a roar nerf when the next thing will be a careful attack nerf. Then what. GWFs figured how to bugger what people were calling OP HR's and eventually people will figure how to bugger roar-addicted gwfs. Im not saying that any particular class or power IS, or is NOT OP, just I dont trust larry moe and curly there in the dev department to really handle all this properly. Sorry but previous experience is the best indication of potential future success or failure.

Careful attack isn't bugged and doesn't give you an impossible-to-lose advantage like Roar does though.

It's an at-will that does some damage.

HR's have low encounter power damage compared to other classes so we need good at-wills.
  • cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    GF: LOLs!

I think GF is ok if you only solo queue, it can still be fun if your team is decent.

GWF: LOLs!

Yup they are a bit much, it is always a good indicater that a class is op when one can finish a match with tons of kill while having 0 or 1 death. They need to tune down the base dmg on take down and IBS, also increase the cooldown on roar. Right now the problem with roar and take down having little cooldown makes it really easy to land IBS.

Bottome line I don't think they can ever nerf GWF to the point that is BALANCED, it is like impossible for a melee class, it would always be strong if not OP, or it may go to another extreme which is UP, we talking about worse than DC/GF UNDERPOWERED.

And just honorable mention the most OP thing in PVP is still the B&S perma stealth TR. You pretty much can not be killed if you don't want to, but you will never kill anything at your same skill/gear level as well. It is just way too dedicated to be widely accepted by the TR players. But it beats everything else in game and is THE best winning tool in PVP because people would try to camp you and then they would spend hours trying so and walk out with frustration.

Actually I know GWFs that will hold a node against five people then pop unstoppable and sprint to get a potion. People can't follow on mounts because of the 10 second cooldown. Some people follow anyway using their teleports or dodges just to be proned with roar and killed with IBS and while waiting to respawn they watch the gwf get another potion (If you even got to hit it) or run back to capture the node LMFAO. So much for TR being the best at 1vs1
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Disclaimer: Unless you are a serious PvP enthusiast in this game, playing at top tier, this does not pertain to you.

GWF is OP (still)
    And I mean seriously OP. 20k encounters? Seriously press 1 button and you do 20k to a tanky DC? That's unreal guys.
    PvP is trolled by 3 GWF (or all) comp. GWF = win. Roar can cancel anything? Impossible to catch.. IMPOSSIBLE!

TR is ruined
    Literally smashed into the ground by nerf hammers. You've taken impact shot away from them completely. If the enemy runs, TR's are forced to watch, or try to keep up while their skill less PotB ticks. Stealth and watch (duelist flurrying) is the new meta for a TR. Not to mention Shadow Strike AND ITC bug since beta. Can't even kill an HR with the right build 1v1.

GF's
    LOL!

PS:
    Valindras Crown is broken. You can cancel the animation and spam it? Apparently it also refreshes Soulforged?

Leader board is broken. The rank proves nothing and has no worth with people farming their alts in another party. A complete reset of the leader board should actually take place seeing how it's not by any means legit at the moment.
    Not even sure how the ranking works, how to climb the ladder, or why I go down after a win.

Overall, I would like to thank the devs for recognizing the PvP community with MOD 3. These issues that have become a frustrating pet peeve to me that I listed above is only constructive criticism.Keep your flame to yourself.
    Open PvP was plenty fun so far. We've managed a few guild wars on the new map and it was just amazing. There's a few videos up on Youtube already!

Please share your known issues in PvP as well.

Nobody cares dude! The Developers don't give a @#$# or they would have patched the other classes already, but nope they just love having the entire server filled with kiddies facerolling everything with their GWFS! This GAME IS OVER.
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Actually I know GWFs that will hold a node against five people then pop unstoppable and sprint to get a potion. People can't follow on mounts because of the 10 second cooldown. Some people follow anyway using their teleports or dodges just to be proned with roar and killed with IBS and while waiting to respawn they watch the gwf get another potion (If you even got to hit it) or run back to capture the node LMFAO. So much for TR being the best at 1vs1

LMAFAOFOAOAOAFOOAOFAOFOAOF.

Do you even lift?

Learn to play the game.
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Nobody cares dude! The Developers don't give a @#$# or they would have patched the other classes already, but nope they just love having the entire server filled with kiddies facerolling everything with their GWFS! This GAME IS OVER.

You want a solution,but the art, how your expressing is worse than "kiddies facerolling everything"-(as you say)
    keep it serious and try to find good arguments and do not start crying.

you have to be respectful towards the Developers!
    if u dont like the Game just go,thats all-
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    GWF: Can't be high damage and high survivability, should only be able to be one of them.
    GF: Higher Damage or Higher dps
    HR: Can't be high damage and high survivability, should only be able to be one of them.
    DC: Needs slightly higher self healing or higher offensive
    CW: Needs more control
    TR: Needs more damage less invisibility (toothpicks don't help in big fights)

I even color coded it for you special people :)
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014

watch another thread get closed cause of that crybaby
  • proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014

People told you not to reroll a CW, just cause you thought they are OP.

You should have listened and reroll a GWF instead, and you would have been a happy camper.
    edited May 2014
    xgrandz02 wrote: »
    You want a solution,but the art, how your expressing is worse than "kiddies facerolling everything"-(as you say)
    keep it serious and try to find good arguments and do not start crying.

you have to be respectful towards the Developers!
    if u dont like the Game just go,thats all-

We did that! there are pages upon pages of well thought out discussions going back months to no avail, this is the dire end of frustration.

edited May 2014
    People told you not to reroll a CW, just cause you thought they are OP.

You should have listened and reroll a GWF instead, and you would have been a happy camper.

My CW is fine? I like you have issue with classes that I cannot hold long enough to get off a rotation on him because of tenacity but my CW is far and away better then a GF atm... I got my GF almost = in gear and in comparison to CW there is none!

EDIT: And before tenacity CW were OP!

edited May 2014
    watch another thread get closed cause of that crybaby

keep trolling guy!

edited May 2014
    They should just delete the GWF class. Suddenly GF is much better.
    edited May 2014
    They should just delete the GWF class. Suddenly GF is much better.

No! Deleting it would not be good for anyone, but making the GWF have a weakness would be nice!!! The GWF should have massive burst but low survivability, and the GF should have Massive survivability and low burst...

Right now the GWf has everything and a bag of chips!

edited May 2014
    No! Deleting it would not be good for anyone, but making the GWF have a weakness would be nice!!! The GWF should have massive burst but low survivability, and the GF should have Massive survivability and low burst...

Right now the GWf has everything and a bag of chips!

It would be good for GFs. They'd be the only tanky class in PVE and the only class capable of prone-chaining in PVP.
  • vristvrist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2014
    What still amazes me, is most I go up against still sit there and try to tank everything. Never once " shift keying"

Seems pvp ers here just want to face off and smash random buttons, then we will be balanced.
  • isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    The top 3 classes, hr/tr/gwf are overpowered. Hr/Gwf with their plague fire after overpowered and why is it that there isnt a stat or an enchantments to counter deflection chance? Cant the devs see that def is weaker than deflection in pvp? and also the glitches hr/gwf benefit from using plague fire. GWF/Hr are stronger than rogues now. As a gf i struggle with fighting pathfinder and destroyer class gwf. I got hit for 25k from ibs. Mind you i am Godmode in the game and i am extremely geared and kite when i did to. I am forced to play a prefect game and if i make one mistake i die as protector specced gf. pathfinder i do no damage to them because i dont hit hard and they deflect alot and also use barkshield. They also heal when they deflect so it is better for me to never use supremacy of steel against a hr and mind you these pathfinder burst me down in 10s for half my hp. I have 41k hp in pvp. deflection needs a weapon and stat that fights against deflection. I am currently trying to find a new game because i just cant compete anymore.only class i can kill is a cw and sometimes a tr. some gwf from enemy team hit me for around 29k hp with indomitable strength so yeah, i stand no chance in pvp.
  • overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Careful attack isn't bugged and doesn't give you an impossible-to-lose advantage like Roar does though.

It's an at-will that does some damage.

HR's have low encounter power damage compared to other classes so we need good at-wills.

I do not disagree. But "impossible-to-lose advantage" is a fairly subjective characterization which I am sure many players could make of many different skills. I don't want to get drawn into a debate about low damage encounters/high damage at-wills or anything like that because it goes right into a pretty tangled and complicated web of classes and skills and so on.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
    edited June 2014
    overddrive wrote: »
    I do not disagree. But "impossible-to-lose advantage" is a fairly subjective characterization which I am sure many players could make of many different skills. I don't want to get drawn into a debate about low damage encounters/high damage at-wills or anything like that because it goes right into a pretty tangled and complicated web of classes and skills and so on.

Well, the counter to GWF as a range class is to dodge. I swear Roar interrupts my dodges. That means I lose my counter and a GWF slotting Roar should never lose if they play right.

But even if I'm wrong and it's possible to dodge Roar, it's still definitely going through ITC, meaning it's breaking one of the tools TRs have to counter GWFs.

That's not comparable to an at-will doing damage. At-wills are supposed to do damage.