test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Curse of Icewind Dale Preview Patch Notes NW.15.20140506a.4

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Character
  • Elf ears now properly stick to the character's head again.
  • Female characters can now blink again.
  • Player Tiefling tail animation while moving adjusted to reduce clipping with legs and ground. (Thanks Halae)
  • Updated some clipping issues on new character creation options such as the shaved head, flared and long - draped hair styles.

Classes and Balance
  • General: Drow: Darkfire: This racial bonus should no longer affect allies or friendly targets.
  • General: Campaign Boon: Vanguard's Resolve: Players with weapon enchants will no longer generate 2 stacks of this instead of 1

Content and Environment
  • Black Ice Domination PvP Heroic Encounter no longer gets permanently stuck if the motherload is mined out too quickly.
  • Castle Never: Updated the collision on the gate for the Dracolich.
  • Icewind Dale: Instruments of Vengeance can now make progress collecting scrolls (but not activating golems yet).
  • Icewind Pass: Biggrin's Tomb has received another pass at cleaning up some environmental spots that could get players stuck and aesthetic improvements.
  • Icewind Pass: Prospector Rescue has had one group of extra wights removed when the boss spawns.
  • Icewind Pass: PvP Campaign: You now properly get Achievement progress for completing Heroic Encounters in Icewind Pass and Dwarven Valley.
  • Icewind Pass: Removed a piece of inactive black ice from Icewind Pass PVP area.
  • Icewind Pass: Resolved an issue that could cause no more major Heroic Encounters to start in Icewind Pass.
  • Icewind Pass: The Motherload Heroic Encounter now has less Black Ice that showers off of the Corrupted Giant to help with performance and draw issues.
  • Protectors Enclave: Slightly reduced the maximum population cap.
  • Jarlaxle no longer displays artifact eligibility requirements once a player is already qualified and completed the quest.

Enemies
  • Black Ice Beholder: Made an FX budget and performance pass to help with this fight (loot, players and other entities may still stop drawing if there are too many)

Items and Economy
  • Companions: The Cold Iron Warrior and the Neverember Guard now have variable damage on their attacks.
  • Items: Lockboxes now drop slightly more from level 61+ enemies.
  • Items: Slightly reduced the quantity of items that could drop from Heroic Encounters to help with entities stop drawing, especially on the larger encounters.
  • Items: Stone of Health: This item can now properly heal you in Icewind Pass and Dwarven Valley.
  • Items: Zen Market Coupons now drop from enemies slightly more often.

Performance
  • Resolved a rare crash involving opposing mercenary contracts and gathering your party before venturing forth.
  • Resolved an issue that could severely reduce the performance of game servers for short periods of time.

User Interface
  • Calendar details on the upcoming Anniversary event.
  • Campaigns: Displaying the rewards for completing individual PvP campaign objectives will now more reliably display.
  • Collections: Recently added collection items and Mounts will now trigger collection completion without the need to move the items first.
  • Leaderboard: Fixed a few minor sorting and display issues.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    This is going up to preview now.

Also, I would like to thank you all for your continued reports. Fixes may not happen as quickly as you would like (or me sometimes too) but we are listening and triaging against other issues when we see issues reported clearly.

Thanks for your help, and I'll hopefully see you in Icewind Dale (maybe flagged, opposing faction with a beholder between us...)
  • newerthlessnewerthless Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So counter for double and triple kills won't be fixed yet ?
  • demidogzdemidogz Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Here's to hoping that there's no/less lag after this patch.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Great patch , looks like it deals with a lot of annoying issues .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    So counter for double and triple kills won't be fixed yet ?

We have a fix, but got it in too late for this build, sorry.
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Any chance some of the major issues in my last 2 weekly posts could be considered. You know, that thread ;)

Been seeing a lot of abuse of them in game
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    We have a fix, but got it in too late for this build, sorry.

Shame to hear.

Overall, great patch. Had pretty much everything I was hoping to see with fixing the most major issues.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Am I right to assume you blocked the Stone of Health while flagged PvP? If not, its preview all over again :(.
  • isammaxisammax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Thank you for your work, this patch will make a lot of players happy
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Does "Resolved an issue that could severely reduce the performance of game servers for short periods of time" also fix the lag in Icewind Pass and Dwarven Valley?

Also looking forward to regular spawn rates of encounters in Icewind Dale. Maybe I can make a moreserious attempt at Mod3 starting tomorrow.
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Admittedly if this one works, it will be a very good remedy.
    edited May 2014
    I just downloaded the preview patch and tried to log in and this popped up xD

BAD CRYPTIC!

aAGYASo.jpg

loboguild wrote: »
    Also looking forward to regular spawn rates of encounters in Icewind Dale. Maybe I can make a moreserious attempt at Mod3 starting tomorrow.

Oh I'll be smashing HE's all day from tomorrow on for a few days , Waukeen starts :D Also dying to see what the anniversary event is but I really hope it isn't just a rerun of Valindras invasion , don't get me wrong loved that event but I hope it's something more substantial plus with the lag atm Valindras invasion would be hellish xD
    edited May 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Does "Resolved an issue that could severely reduce the performance of game servers for short periods of time" also fix the lag in Icewind Pass and Dwarven Valley?

That was the intent. We have a solution for the primary cause of lag that could appear, if you were rubberbanding that was likley this issue. There could be other issues that were exposed that we would have a difficult time to test without live players running around doing that players do.

We will certainly be monitoring the situation and react accordingly.
    edited May 2014
    Am I right to assume you blocked the Stone of Health while flagged PvP? If not, its preview all over again :(.

I had QA double check just to be sure. I think we are all gravy, it works as long as you do not have Healing Depression applied to you or in Domination maps.

Don't scare me like that (or do. no, definitely do.)
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    That was the intent. We have a solution for the primary cause of lag that could appear, if you were rubberbanding that was likley this issue. There could be other issues that were exposed that we would have a difficult time to test without live players running around doing that players do.

We will certainly be monitoring the situation and react accordingly.

Great work, we'll report back.
  • wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    That sounds like good news! Thanks! :-)
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just need to server to unlock so I can take a look at that calendar. :)
    edited May 2014
    The mysterious egg event companions are nice , especially the new chicken Augment pet :O .
    edited May 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    The mysterious egg event companions are nice.

Something tells me I'm going to lose a lot of AD from it.
    edited May 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    Something tells me I'm going to lose a lot of AD from it.

Same , that chicken is a augment I just noticed , do you know what the event is for though? I'm not really up to speed with D&D lore and stuff or is it just a crazy random event to drain AD from the game?
    edited May 2014
    I just figured crazy random event to drain AD.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    I just figured crazy random event to drain AD.

Presumably to actually put zen into the exchange market which is a good idea. However there's several events coming up that I all want to spend AD towards D:
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Does anybody know if they are going to make artifact banner caches BoP?
  • lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    We can we expect the GF buffs? I heard it was this month, is this correct? Can you guys fix Plague Fire animation? It doesn't fully cover the weapons.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Character
    Black Ice Domination PvP Heroic Encounter no longer gets permanently stuck if the motherload is mined out too quickly.]

Huzzah! Hope this fixes it. Can't wait to play Domination in the forest map in Dwarven Valley.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
    edited May 2014
    Huzzah! Hope this fixes it. Can't wait to play Domination in the forest map in Dwarven Valley.

Yeah I'm not much of a pvper but I am looking forwards to this kind of pvp even though I'll probably get my backside handed to me more often than not xD
  • arpemarpem Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I just downloaded the preview patch and tried to log in and this popped up xD

BAD CRYPTIC!

aAGYASo.jpg

Oh I'll be smashing HE's all day from tomorrow on for a few days , Waukeen starts :D Also dying to see what the anniversary event is but I really hope it isn't just a rerun of Valindras invasion , don't get me wrong loved that event but I hope it's something more substantial plus with the lag atm Valindras invasion would be hellish xD

You might want to check with AVG directly with a solution, could be a false positive.

Direct quote from AVG forums with someone with a similar "trojan virus"

"Re: IDP.Trojan.7E6E059F
    The Virus Lab has confirmed that this is indeed a false detection"
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes, currently they (IWD encounters in foundry) will be coming some time after this module launches.

...are we there yet? ...are we there yet? ...are we there yet? ...are we there yet? ...

Or maybe any of these newly added bugs?

04-26-2014 [new] Module 3 added Foundry Music assets play in selector but not in 3D preview
    05-02-2014 [new] 2-D maps not showing in foundry until after entering 3-D previewer
    05-19-2014 [new] Hundreds of weird, irrelevant icons added to Foundry Quest Item icon selection
    05-20-2014 [new] UNUSABLE Map - Terraced Detailed Snowy Extra Large - Floating Details

04-21-2014 [new] Floor Tiles Platform 01 overrides all Blood, Ground Debris, and Rope Decal assets
    05-10-2014 [new] Audio Effects not removed when Details were to create IWD foundry maps
    05-10-2014 [new] IWD module snowy maps practically unusable without winterized buildings
    edited May 2014
    arpem wrote: »
    You might want to check with AVG directly with a solution, could be a false positive.

Direct quote from AVG forums with someone with a similar "trojan virus"

"Re: IDP.Trojan.7E6E059F
    The Virus Lab has confirmed that this is indeed a false detection"

Yeah I've never had anything like this pop up before and it didn't happen again since so just some weird false positive xD
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Character
    • Elf ears now properly stick to the character's head again.
    • Updated some clipping issues on new character creation options such as the shaved head, flared and long - draped hair styles.

The half-elf looks a little unnatural with this, but it's an improvement.

I'm not sure how *removing* those hairstyles mentioned actually 'fixes' clipping. I suppose it does get rid of it, but really? More of the old options taken away? This is getting ridiculous. Didn't check females, but I noticed that shaved and long draped were both gone on both my half-elf and my drow males while checking their ears. And the hairstyle both do use, long, is still hopelessly ill-fitting on both. Gaps massively around the hairline and around the head/neck, here, let me show you on my half-elf:

eltainiwdpreview.jpg

The folding mouth/horse teeth issues are still present and there's a very narrow range of jaw/mouth height configurations that don't suffer one or the other. (Increase jaw height, increase mouth height, and the characters mouth is constantly open showing teeth; move the mouth height down to try to compensate and the lips get folded.)

Of course none of this fixes the extreme annoyance of the complete removal of the previous head system, which had none of these issues and looked just fine... :/ I'd rather have the option to toggle to that.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
This discussion has been closed.