What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Whats up with this community?

13»

Comments

• illyrian2008illyrian2008 Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    You can actually get three boons by the end of the week if you focus on just them and get the Sharandar pack from the celestial coin shop. Dread ring's isn't that hard either.

Still it is unecessary gating, in comparison STO has none, to say nothing of better in-game economy and character customization. What amazes me is the difference between Cryptic games and developer teams. I am not always thrielld with STO but I support devs there, while here... Let's just say I wouldn't pay a dime to Neverwinter while I regulalrly buy 2-3k zen for cash for STO.
    edited May 2014
    vortican wrote: »
    All you have to do to confirm my supposedly made-up statistic is to compare the number of people complaining on the forums (which anyone could do) and compare them to the number active accounts in Neverwinter. This subject has been discussed before: the vocal minority in the forums does not in any way compare to the thousands upon thousands of happy players who are not perturbed enough to submit complaints, whine on forums, or scream on the phone to support.

I get that there are some who are genuinely upset and frustrated with their game experience, but it's quite obvious that the vast majority of players obviously are not as bound up about it as the forum-whiners. Why? They either simply don't care about it enough, don't play as much, or don't ever experience the type of ongoing problems that you're describing. In short, they either don't care or it isn't happening. That's why it's freakin hilarious that people get so worked up about it to rant on a forum over and over, listing their complaints about a FREE game.

Now I must return to my lucrative profession, crafting many, many pairs of pants (which by the way, takes about 3 gateway logins per day of 2 minutes each). :)

Really, so where are those silent masses of happy majority?

In most games complainers are overrespresented on the forums but not to an extent that is here, positive feedback is absolutely miniscule.

Or it might be the majority is not so happy and cheery.
  • bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It's hard to point out any single thing that seemed majorly wrong with the expansion. It was all the little things. No respec and removing after-domination fighting was just icing on the cake. People feel cheated as well as nickel-and-dimed by no free respec. So it makes little problems feel like big problems.

Some companies feel like they are courteous and care about their customers, some just seem greedy.
  • tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Point-Counterpoint! Gotta love it.

New area, new content, new artifacts, new enemies, and there are some that are not happy. These are the people that if you give them $20.00 dollars, will complain and say that you should've given them $30.00 dollars.

There are some things that I think should be fixed, but what I and other players deem a priority may be well down the list of Cryptics list of things that need fixed.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Really, so where are those silent masses of happy majority?

In most games complainers are overrespresented on the forums but not to an extent that is here, positive feedback is absolutely miniscule.

Or it might be the majority is not so happy and cheery.

As I've indicated, they're busy playing the game and not complaining. If there actually were thousands of players that are that ticked off, you'd see them complaining. Very few people go out of their way to extol that with which they're happy.
    tornnomar wrote: »
    New area, new content, new artifacts, new enemies, and there are some that are not happy. These are the people that if you give them $20.00 dollars, will complain and say that you should've given them $30.00 dollars.

Yep.
    edited May 2014
    As I've indicated, they're busy playing the game and not complaining. If there actually were thousands of players that are that ticked off, you'd see them complaining. Very few people go out of their way to extol that with which they're happy.

Yep.

Yes, that was what more hardcore fans were claiming all the way to the closing hours of say Warhammer Online. Or you know, they might be gone because really why waste time on f2p game with gated content, nickle and dime shop, messed up economy, bugs and horrid character models.

No complaint is legitimate against your Precious, they are all just a bunch of whiner/crybabies/minority, not important at all, all is fine and dandy.
    edited May 2014
    tornnomar wrote: »
    Point-Counterpoint! Gotta love it.

There are some things that I think should be fixed, but what I and other players deem a priority may be well down the list of Cryptics list of things that need fixed.

Thankfully you are the measure of all things so we are certain nobody save deviant types disagree.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm part of the happy players, I'm sorry if I don't start topics like "I love the game" and stuff like that. But so far I've liked the changes a lot. People just like to complain.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • dissssppppdisssspppp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think the content is pretty fun, but I'm tired of the same artificial blocks to stop your progression. Do 3-4 quests that take 45 minutes and come back tomorrow. Rinse and repeat. The heroic events were fun the first day, and now other than the raid boss event, they're completely boring for me.

I can see this expansion being fun for new players because they have plenty of content doing Sharandar/Dread Ring til the 3'rd boon, and then all 3 in one day once they hit 10k. For us that are already there and have tier2+ gear, this artificial slowing down of progression sucks. I don't care about PVP, and don't need the extra points for skills I never use that I could obtain leveling up past 60. All I have to look forward to is the slow, slow, slow progression that's out of my hands because the NPC's won't give me another quest until tomorrow.

The more I think of it, I'm probably not gonna bother. I just wish they'd stop putting in these roadblocks that do nothing more than drag 5 days worth of content out of a month and a half. They need to just have more content.
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Rather than (or including)skills,.. id like to see stat upgrades (str/dex/wis. etc) from the over 60 progression. This was incorporated into pen and paper D&D and would definitely be worth everyone's time. Grinding out 'one more point' would feel rewarding.
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    First of all I will like to start out by saying I love Neverwinter and champions online. I love that PWE games are very RP focused mmo and allow for creative game play, character design, foundry shaping, and tactical combat. I love the gate way and foundry and thing they should be added to CO as well. andi love CO/STO's flexible character design options and think they should be added to NW.

as far as forums go generally if people are happy they just play the game if they are upset they hit the forums so the forums will always be the most negative place on any game. also the last 2-3 years we've had a lot of mmos closing. a lot of monthly mmos are converting to Free to play models in obnoxious ways or adding pandas/Pokémon/Facebook like aspects thus alienating long term players. or taking games with good potential and not adding much of anything or even fixing bugs. SO a lot of pwe players are probably still mad at other games and taking it out on NW.

Also PWE has a a special way of listening to advice/complaints and delivering a monkeys paw solution. IE:

people ask for more hairs more character variety, and a greater customization in general.

Solution we were hoping for: Adding more hair, horns, tats, and increasing slider ranges. maybe lowering the price for appearance changes to take advantage of the new options.

Solution we got: Added more hair horns eyes ect... AND reduced some of the existing ones people liked, Changed the racial looks to humorous extremes. and and made everyone really shiny. and caused glitches in existing character models. So when long term players spend 200zen to fix glitches they completely ruin the look they have had for over a year and have no way to restore to their previous look. thus probably reducing the amount of people who will buy appearance change tokens forever more....

I figured character design was the safest way to illustrate my point on this. Because everyone can agree more character customization = good. anything else would derail the thread.
  • seanna2000seanna2000 Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2014
    All you have to do to confirm my supposedly made-up statistic is to compare the number of people complaining on the forums (which anyone could do) and compare them to the number active accounts in Neverwinter. This subject has been discussed before: the vocal minority in the forums does not in any way compare to the thousands upon thousands of happy players who are not perturbed enough to submit complaints, whine on forums, or scream on the phone to support.

I get that there are some who are genuinely upset and frustrated with their game experience, but it's quite obvious that the vast majority of players obviously are not as bound up about it as the forum-whiners. Why? They either simply don't care about it enough, don't play as much, or don't ever experience the type of ongoing problems that you're describing. In short, they either don't care or it isn't happening. That's why it's freakin hilarious that people get so worked up about it to rant on a forum over and over, listing their complaints about a FREE game.

Now I must return to my lucrative profession, crafting many, many pairs of pants (which by the way, takes about 3 gateway logins per day of 2 minutes each). :)

Such a method of measuring the number of "happy" users is by far inaccurate. You need to consider the fact that many just tolerate the problems, find troublesome but tolerable work-arounds, or simply quit the game until it is corrected sufficiently. This is a very bad case of insufficient thought into the design of your experiment/survey.
    edited May 2014
    seanna2000 wrote: »
    Such a method of measuring the number of "happy" users is by far inaccurate. You need to consider the fact that many just tolerate the problems, find troublesome but tolerable work-arounds, or simply quit the game until it is corrected sufficiently. This is a very bad case of insufficient thought into the design of your experiment/survey.

I proposed measuring ACTIVE accounts, which by definition means they haven't quit yet. Of course, some people will quit. That always happens and we can't know the reasons, but if they are still playing, that implies that they aren't troubled by anything or are troubled so little by it that, as you say, they tolerate the problems or find workarounds. The fact that they're not bothered enough to visit the forums and whine about or simply quit tells us exactly what we need to know.

I am not a statistician but I find my proposal more apt to be accurate than a made-up statistic that "83% of all facts are made-up." That just cause out of someone's *** and is a cliche, not an actual suggestion. The bottom line is that it's difficult to argue that a proportionally miniscule number of people are complaining about this stuff. Otherwise, this forum would be lit up like a Christmas tree every day, and it's not. Frankly, it's one of the more dead game forums I've seen.
  • nirraddrappehsnirraddrappehs Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    nurmood wrote: »
    You cant overlook it? Your expectations havent been met (temporarily) and now you cant enjoy a single facette of this expansion? You didnt name a single thing you actually like. Thats sad

that's RIGHT my expectations were not met and I didn't have them set very high, I was hoping the new content wouldn't trap some of my characters in foundries...
    I was hoping the new content wouldn't interfear with the existing content yet most of the dungeon delv's are broken have you played in frozen heart or received no delv's chest in spell plague I have.

And your right I cant find anything about the new expansion I like because I don't like it!

whats truly sad about that is you feel justified to look down on me because I hold cryptic to a high standard than what they have produced.
  • fgreyspearfgreyspear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 472 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Honestly, the best feature of Module 3 so far is for me the ability to turn off the dialogue when selling unidentified items.

I certainly went to Caer King and to Icewind Dale, ran around the landscape multiple times, did the dailies for each day, but it did not excite me. It is only more work and I am at the point where doing dailies for two characters is becoming too much. This is basically why I fail to appreciate it. I do not see this as anyone's fault.

I like the little things more than the big ones and I was hoping to see many of the bugs disappear. I still hope there will come an intensive period where Cryptic puts much effort into polishing the existing content and features. It is often things like broken queues or waiting a long time to get a functional party together in order to complete a dungeon successfully that are wasting my time and not leaving enough to appreciate the actual content. Or even such little annoyances like getting stuck on an invisible corner in a dungeon, or on the PvP maps, that repeatedly and endlessly disrupt the fun and turn it into work. Once all these little hurdles are out of the way would I also find the time not only to enjoy new content, but the existing content, too.

I suppose I still see the game as being "under construction" and therefore am willing to forgive its many little flaws I come across each day. New content is good, but I honestly have no need for it. There is still plenty for me to do, and I have not even touched the Foundry yet ...
    Stay frosty.
  • nirraddrappehsnirraddrappehs Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    fgreyspear wrote: »
    Honestly, the best feature of Module 3 so far is for me the ability to turn off the dialogue when selling unidentified items.

I certainly went to Caer King and to Icewind Dale, ran around the landscape multiple times, did the dailies for each day, but it did not excite me. It is only more work and I am at the point where doing dailies for two characters is becoming too much. This is basically why I fail to appreciate it. I do not see this as anyone's fault.

now the

I like the little things more than the big ones and I was hoping to see many of the bugs disappear. I still hope there will come an intensive period where Cryptic puts much effort into polishing the existing content and features. It is often things like broken queues or waiting a long time to get a functional party together in order to complete a dungeon successfully that are wasting my time and not leaving enough to appreciate the actual content. Or even such little annoyances like getting stuck on an invisible corner in a dungeon, or on the PvP maps, that repeatedly and endlessly disrupt the fun and turn it into work. Once all these little hurdles are out of the way would I also find the time not only to enjoy new content, but the existing content, too.

I suppose I still see the game as being "under construction" and therefore am willing to forgive its many little flaws I come across each day. New content is good, but I honestly have no need for it. There is still plenty for me to do, and I have not even touched the Foundry yet ...

now: the turn off the dialogue when selling unidentified items box is handy so theirs 1.
    edited May 2014
    now: the turn off the dialogue when selling unidentified items box is handy so theirs 1.
    In all fairness, this new feature also introduced a new bug. Might be hard to believe, but one can now not sell unidentified items through the Wonderous Bazaar when in a dungeon any longer. It gives an error message while one can still sell identified items as usual. So it is seems to be a new bug and not perhaps an intentional feature.

Just now in PvP did it happen to me again that I have lost all my action points by using a Daily power, which in combination with a passive skill should have given me damage immunity and CC immunity for a few seconds. Yet did I die in the very second I was activating the power, without getting any of the described effects, but having lost all action points. If my action points have been used up, but I did not get the power, then I feel lost and unable to do anything in this game. It is not nice.

This makes me think that the game is still very much under construction and not anywhere close to a polished state.

I am guessing the OP wants me to stand there and bow before the devs, thank them with a big smile and express my gratitude to them. Only do I not feel it. And since I keep buying ZEN with money am I giving the devs already a gratification. I do hope they get their game into a polished state eventually and do not leave us hanging like this. We all deserve nice things.
    Stay frosty.
  • clintc75071clintc75071 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I really like the new content as well. I have it played it 2 days in a row.I am anxious to open all of the possibilities. I only have one issue. I just started the Black Ice profession. I cannot tell how to level it. I can't find help online anywhere. Can I get help here? I am still at rank 1, but none of the Rank 1 tasks show that you get the XP for the profession. Am I missing something? I really do like the new expansion. it is good to be challenged. I can't wait to play the PVP part of it. great job!!!
  • alcibaides415bcalcibaides415bc Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Whats wrong with this community? Go play some pvp domination and see how many trolls there are. Winning or losing, its just troll troll troll.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Whats wrong with this community? Go play some pvp domination and see how many trolls there are. Winning or losing, its just troll troll troll.

It isn't just domination now , go into Icewind pass and watch zone chat from the pvp guys , the sheer level of abuse being thrown about is incredible and in some cases very shocking .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited May 2014
    I really like the new content as well. I have it played it 2 days in a row.I am anxious to open all of the possibilities. I only have one issue. I just started the Black Ice profession. I cannot tell how to level it. I can't find help online anywhere. Can I get help here? I am still at rank 1, but none of the Rank 1 tasks show that you get the XP for the profession. Am I missing something? I really do like the new expansion. it is good to be challenged. I can't wait to play the PVP part of it. great job!!!

You progress in the profession through the Icewind Dale campaign.
  • clintc75071clintc75071 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I found it on Wikki
    edited May 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    It isn't just domination now , go into Icewind pass and watch zone chat from the pvp guys , the sheer level of abuse being thrown about is incredible and in some cases very shocking .
    What sends shivers down my spine in PvP is not the enemy team ... It is players on my own team who do funny stuff with their horses while waiting for the gate to open at the beginning of a match. I just had this again ... One guy with a fast horse, two guys with slow, cheap ones. The cheap horse riders were getting behind the better horse, and I leave the rest to your imagination. The player on the better horse turned around and fled the gate trying to escape the cheap horses. I still cannot believe that we have actually won the match.
    Stay frosty.