test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Win a Mystic Phoera or a Mystic Nightmare Mount?

xuelxuel Member Posts: 81 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I know PW is all about "profit" but lets have some events like this that DOES NOT involve zen.
Post edited by xuel on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Not sure if that would happen because it would affect the economy. They'd have to be BoP if they did such a thing with economically affecting items, which I wouldn't be opposed to.
  • xuelxuel Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    just saying, nothing draws new players in, then "free" items
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Unless it was in severely limited numbers I'm opposed to it. They're meant to have a rare status to them. Though it's odd that they've only done that kind of event the once. I don't expect it that often but meh, didn't have the ad/money anyway.
  • tyrannisstyranniss Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Bah of course it would go into effect today. The day AFTER I tranfer zen into my account... lol
  • xuelxuel Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It wouldn't matter if you had AD or not, this is only for "real money" spenders, as you only get put into drawing "if" you buy zen with real money and then xfer it to neverwinter.
  • erezwhiteerezwhite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    if you win such a mount or companion, are these BoP ?
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The old community manager used to do giveaways in his livestream hour but I don't think many players knew about it plus lets be honest , who wants to sit there watching a bunch of other people play a game for a hour when many players only get maybe a hour or two per day to actually play the game themselves , if they do start giveaways again CM should just log ingame and give randoms a chance to win or do them on the forum in competitions with facebook/twitter advertisements so the maximum number of players have a chance to participate and not just a small fraction of a percentage.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited May 2014
    Oh didn't realise there was actually a new event on this heh...
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    shadw2012 wrote: »
    lol, i transferred 1000 zen a couple of hours before they posted this, i know how you feel. No problems here though i have no use for those items already have the originals.

Its a rng drawing. every 500 zen gets you another ticket. like the Lottery. Not wasting a single precious zen for this. Saving it for a garunteed prize on transfer.
  • tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    LOL, like some others, a day too late.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Oh didn't realise there was actually a new event on this heh...
    Ah yeah, sorry. Here's the news article:
    Win a Mystic Phoera or a Mystic Nightmare Mount

tornnomar wrote: »
    LOL, like some others, a day too late.
    I'm also a day late and ten dollars short.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm sure plenty of people bought zen in the last 2 days due to the first timers pack.
    edited May 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Ah yeah, sorry. Here's the news article:
    Win a Mystic Phoera or a Mystic Nightmare Mount

I'm also a day late and ten dollars short.

Yep I thought the OP just randomly brought it up. Won't be taking part myself. I likely won't win and don't want to buy zen. But for those that do it's a nice potential bonus.
  • vaultfairyvaultfairy Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well this sucks! I just bought some Zen earlier on today!! :(
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    People buy zen everyday. No matter what day they put it, some unlucky folks will be affected. Stop having this massive ego that cryptic is tracking you specifically and have perspective.

Also, I hope these mounts are BOP
  • zomdzomd Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Since you essentially have to pay to enter, is this legal everywhere?
    edited May 2014
    People buy zen everyday. No matter what day they put it, some unlucky folks will be affected. Stop having this massive ego that cryptic is tracking you specifically and have perspective.

Who said that? Did I miss a post where someone said cryptic was tracking them specifically?
    edited May 2014

Also, I hope these mounts are BOP

Noone was complaining?

If they are bop i hope it's at least account wide. I don't see any reason to make them bound though. There's only 5 of them. They should be able to do what they like with them imo.
    Edit: Ah it's 5 per day so 20/25 of each depending on whether the last day counts. I guess I can see that argument especially if they plan to do it again (not that) regularly.
    zomd wrote: »
    Since you essentially have to pay to enter, is this legal everywhere?
    Possibly not, No legal expect but some places do have stronger gambling laws. Tbh I'm not sure why lockboxes aren't illegal if you don't know the odds.
    edited May 2014
    Noone was complaining?

Some of the tone the previous posters have....plus I'll bet you 5 epic mounts people will as usual
  • sylvialynnsylvialynn Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have a question. let's say I transfer just after the day's drawing, does my transfer count towards the next day's drawing or do I need to wait and transfer on that day?
    edited May 2014
    Some of the tone the previous posters have....plus I'll bet you 5 epic mounts people will as usual

3 used the word lol and seemingly light-hearted, one had a smiley (not angry) which also seemed on the light hearted. Of course there will always be some people to whine about how life is so unfair to them but noones shown it so far. Though before this I played a lot of LoL and they were good at this sort of thing because they preannounced that sort of thing so you don't miss out. Of course some people still took the mick and felt left out since they just spent before the announcement and some may have actually been compensated. I actually felt like riot were greedy on some things, but that was one of the things they did that was pretty awesome. Then I move onto this game and find out that were almost saints compared to cryptic.

I guess it's easier to focus on what's wrong than what's right.
    edited May 2014
    Possibly not, No legal expect but some places do have stronger gambling laws. Tbh I'm not sure why lockboxes aren't illegal if you don't know the odds.

Well, lockboxes at least give you something even if it's not valuable which may be how they skirt it. Or maybe it's fine because it's virtual items. I don't think lockboxes and such have been tested in court in the US but I know other countries (South Korea?) have regulated/banned them.

But I was just surprised because normally these kinds of contests come with a free way to enter to avoid liability. States in the US regulate raffles/lotteries pretty heavily. Maybe it passes the same way lockboxes do.

Anyway, gluck to people!
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Was enjoying the screen Art for Mod 3. Then this piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> pops up. WHY? WHY? WHY?

Bring Back The JABBERWOCKY (lol I know it is the name of the "World Boss type creature" in Icewind = But I can not think of it atm) :rolleyes:
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    10 possible prizes per day. How many people do you think buy zen on any given daily basis? Sounds like lottery odds to me....
    edited May 2014
    zomd wrote: »
    But I was just surprised because normally these kinds of contests come with a free way to enter to avoid liability. States in the US regulate raffles/lotteries pretty heavily. Maybe it passes the same way lockboxes do.

Anyway, gluck to people!

Yeah I've heard about that too. Not for me to worry about though :)
    edited May 2014
    I guess it's easier to focus on what's wrong than what's right.

Welcome to the forums
  • malleolus13malleolus13 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tyranniss wrote: »
    Bah of course it would go into effect today. The day AFTER I tranfer zen into my account... lol

I bought mine 10 minutes before it went live, saw it 30 minutes after...oh well guess thats Karma kicking me in my ***...AGAIN
  • ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What annoys me is the new zen purchase system got rid of the $5, it starts at $10, that annoys me. I am not about to spend $10 a day for the next 5 days ($50) for this, if it was $25 I might do it, but with the new purchase system, not happening....
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    the goal of zen based events is to lower the price of zen/ad conversion away from 500. Yes it is sad that the grinders of NW don't get the newest shineys, but you will notice they tend to have more "free events" when the conversion rate drops into the 300.

my advice is buy a 10$ point card sell the zen for the inflated price and buy a pet/mount from the AH. or save it and convert it back to zen after the rate has dropped below 350.... or at least below 400

if you are a grinder when the rate is below 350 trade your ad for zen when its around 400 keep it 50/50 and sell all zen above 490 if you always have a nice stockpile of zen when that nice new zen outfit hits you wont have to pay the obnoxious fee.

the problem is not that pwe is to focused on zen its that a lot of grinders seem to be afraid of the zen exchange and pay a lot extra to purchase things off the AH.