test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Win a Mystic Phoera or a Mystic Nightmare Mount?

2»

Comments

• prancerhoodprancerhood Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The purple phoenix and nightmare horse are not BoP, this event happened when the previous mod launched (or the mod before, I don't quite remember), and you could see this item and mount in the auction house.

as for those who want free events; there are PLENTY of events in neverwinter that allow you to get a free green quality mount or companion. We often get Call to Arms events and from time to time there's a big one like Winter and Summer festivals.
    Both green mount and companion are better than common (green mount gives 50% speed while common one gives 20%, and green companion can reach level 20)
  • jganthjganth Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    5 as in FIVE per day - with the thousands of players that play this game...seriously. 5?

The tightness and cheap grind feeling this game has really bleeds the IP dry - we're not all stupid sheep. It's pathetic that it's an actual contest scaled to 5 per day.

Is there a backroom where they are all congratulating each other on who came up with the cheapest feeling contests? With the current cost of Zen, this is sick.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jganth wrote: »
    5 as in FIVE per day - with the thousands of players that play this game...seriously. 5?

The tightness and cheap grind feeling this game has really bleeds the IP dry - we're not all stupid sheep. It's pathetic that it's an actual contest scaled to 5 per day.

Is there a backroom where they are all congratulating each other on who came up with the cheapest feeling contests? With the current cost of Zen, this is sick.

Someone's greedy. They didn't need to give us anything at all... I think 5 a day is a pretty decent amount. Of course that doesn't mean you're likely to win, but that goes for any competition.
  • thirstiusthirstius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    the goal of zen based events is to lower the price of zen/ad conversion away from 500. Yes it is sad that the grinders of NW don't get the newest shineys, but you will notice they tend to have more "free events" when the conversion rate drops into the 300. ....

This seems reasonable. With the demand for Zen still running high, it makes sense for PWE to help feed the demand by offering a very tempting incentive. There is no other way to get the Mystics right now (they are gone from the lockboxes afaik), so you can either enter the drawing and cross your fingers -- or, if you want a guaranteed payout, you can wait for someone to sell one on the AH and boom, Robert's your auntie's husband ;)

Right now, there are some Mystic Phoera's selling on the AH for around 3 million AD. That equates to 12 contest entries (12 x 500 zen x 500 AD/zen).

Choices, choices, choices ...
    edited May 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Someone's greedy. They didn't need to give us anything at all... I think 5 a day is a pretty decent amount. Of course that doesn't mean you're likely to win, but that goes for any competition.

5 per day given the number of persons playing and the number of Zen transactions - dude you *so* missed your saving throws on shallow marketing traps. I feel bad they sucked you in, but then if I threw you a line you'd probably give me the hand instead. Check out a few many other F2P games with micro transactions and weight the value of your actual real-life bank notes and compare again.
    Don't get me wrong - I love the game, and certainly love the IP (Intellectual Property - e.g. D&D) more - but don't push the outer limits of greed until the community is appalled by their asinine tactics. 5 per day is a **** decision any way you look at it.

Tolerating disgusting behaviour from software companies is a form of consent.
    edited May 2014
    thirstius wrote: »
    This seems reasonable. With the demand for Zen still running high, it makes sense for PWE to help feed the demand by offering a very tempting incentive. There is no other way to get the Mystics right now (they are gone from the lockboxes afaik), so you can either enter the drawing and cross your fingers -- or, if you want a guaranteed payout, you can wait for someone to sell one on the AH and boom, Robert's your auntie's husband ;)

Right now, there are some Mystic Phoera's selling on the AH for around 3 million AD. That equates to 12 contest entries (12 x 500 zen x 500 AD/zen).

Choices, choices, choices ...

*Only* 3 Million? Why not 3 Trillion? Let's show them all how to pwnd at greed.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jganth wrote: »
    5 per day given the number of persons playing and the number of Zen transactions - dude you *so* missed your saving throws on shallow marketing traps. I feel bad they sucked you in, but then if I threw you a line you'd probably give me the hand instead. Check out a few many other F2P games with micro transactions and weight the value of your actual real-life bank notes and compare again.
    Don't get me wrong - I love the game, and certainly love the IP (Intellectual Property - e.g. D&D) more - but don't push the outer limits of greed until the community is appalled by their asinine tactics. 5 per day is a **** decision any way you look at it.

Tolerating disgusting behaviour from software companies is a form of consent.

They didn't suck me into anything. I'm not going to buy zen solely for this and so won't take part since chances are I won't win. However they're giving currently $500 worth of stuff away a day going by ah prices/zen exchange. How does it make them greedy when they could just never do events at all and noone would bat an eye because there's nothing to criticise? Having said that I did find previous events a little on the cheap side where they offered uncommon companions for a lot more zen. The 2 decent events in my eyes are the radiant stone one and this. The radiant one I took part in, this I won't but it's a free bonus draw. Can't really call giving away free stuff being greedy. And I'm one who thinks that they are heavily greedy towards other things.
    edited May 2014
    Perhaps my opinion is exaggerated, but it just reminds me of Jurassic Park and the part about suggesting having a 'coupon day'...scale of economies and all. I simply think they can do better than 5 a day looking at the big picture.