test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CW's in PVP seem way OP!

Comments

• tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Been level 60 for some time, got up to 14430 GS Conq spec, CWs are still OP! I actually decided to make a CW I will be 60 soon...

So far I can kill 3-4 adds with one spell and hold the boss add until dead without being hit! Not Op at all!!!!!!

Did some PvP lol what a joke I went 18-3 without even trying killing 2 sometimes 3 people at a time... Hilarious, you guys playing coy.

CWs are a wreaking ball (Credit to meryln, lol) with the right team behind(or better, in front of) them. GF's excellent node holders vs melee classes, but are very weak against ranged classes, particularly CWs. You are a slow melee class with limited and very dodgeable gap closers. Going 1v1 with a CW is not your forte.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    All I know is I am going to destroy everyone in my path with my CW because thats what Cryptic wants more CWs / GWFs. I even named him appropriately "Overpowered"!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Been level 60 for some time, got up to 14430 GS Conq spec, CWs are still OP! I actually decided to make a CW I will be 60 soon...

So far I can kill 3-4 adds with one spell and hold the boss add until dead without being hit! Not Op at all!!!!!!

Did some PvP lol what a joke I went 18-3 without even trying killing 2 sometimes 3 people at a time... Hilarious, you guys playing coy.
    I can't wait for this threads thrilling sequel.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    charononus wrote: »

"TRs/GWF/GFs/DCs/HRs in PvP seem way OP"
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • cerebralpyrecerebralpyre Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tang56 wrote: »

Oh I cant wait for this day...but until then, Im going to keep having fun getting my butt kicked!
    Cerebralpyre 13.2k SW
    Pheryllt - 13.8k HR
    Ginko - 10.3k DC

Puzzl Bochs - lvl38 CW
    edited March 2014
    GFs / DCS ? Really? Troll harder ***

tang56 wrote: »

edited March 2014
    I'll keep you updated as I faceroll to 60 and wipe out throngs of players in pvp with little effort!

• vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Hilarity will ensue when he goes up against a GF who knows how to fight a CW.
    Been level 60 for some time, got up to 14430 GS Conq spec, CWs are still OP!

For the record, 14k GS as Conqueror is kind of like 11k for a CW. In PvP, wearing Grim gear and obviously without the benefit of companion bonuses, my CW still exceeds 15k. Shouldn't be too much of a surprise that you have difficulty in a 1v1 there, especially when you take a lot of damage and don't successfully land prone chains.

It would also help your case if you avoided shouting in zone chat, because people will focus you just for fun after that.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    vorphied wrote: »

It would also help your case if you avoided shouting in zone chat, because people will focus you just for fun after that.
    If the op is bad with that, he needs to look out, people will practically throw the match to chain kill him over and over again if he's annoying enough. hmmm there's a new strategy.
    edited March 2014
    If the op is bad with that, he needs to look out, people will practically throw the match to chain kill him over and over again if he's annoying enough. hmmm there's a new strategy.

It was so funny. He died a few times and then started unloading references to male and female <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and hygiene products into zone chat, using the most obscene language possible. The level of his reaction was amazingly disproportionate.

For my part I didn't actually seek him out (the GWFs did a decent job of trying to keep me busy while I picked off the squishy HRs), but I didn't exactly feel bad about killing him when necessary.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

edited March 2014
    Bring it on, most of you have no skill unless you 3 v 1 anyway!
    Hilarity will ensue when he goes up against a GF who knows how to fight a CW.

For the record, 14k GS as Conqueror is kind of like 11k for a CW. In PvP, wearing Grim gear and obviously without the benefit of companion bonuses, my CW still exceeds 15k. Shouldn't be too much of a surprise that you have difficulty in a 1v1 there, especially when you take a lot of damage and don't successfully land prone chains.

edited March 2014
    Ha, I bet you were one of the players I practically rolled over but you needed your 3 other players to save you!

It was so funny. He died a few times and then started unloading references to male and female <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and hygiene products into zone chat, using the most obscene language possible. The level of his reaction was amazingly disproportionate.

For my part I didn't actually seek him out (the GWFs did a decent job of trying to keep me busy while I picked off the squishy HRs), but I didn't exactly feel bad about killing him when necessary.

edited March 2014
    Ha, I bet you were one of the players I practically rolled over but you needed your 3 other players to save you!

You weren't rolling over anyone with that setup, much less a CW that exceeds your Conqueror-inflated GS and did most of the work in that fight. Comparing our characters in PvP is an apples and oranges scenario. You don't need to fabricate details to cover that up. Even if no one else had noticed, the scoreboard definitely didn't lie.

Besides, you need to get your story straight: did I kill you because I'm weak and had a zerg behind me, or did I kill you because CWs are categorically OP? Which is it?
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

edited March 2014
    I don't know who which you were playing so I cannot answer that?

You weren't rolling over anyone with that setup, much less a CW that exceeds your Conqueror-inflated GS and did most of the work in that fight. Comparing our characters in PvP is an apples and oranges scenario. You don't need to fabricate details to cover that up. Even if no one else had noticed, the scoreboard definitely didn't lie.

Besides, you need to get your story straight: did I kill you because I'm weak and had a zerg behind me, or did I kill you because CWs are categorically OP? Which is it?

• bullgodzbullgodz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't understand how a Healer is more powerful then a GF / HR? Crazy....

The only DC's that I've seen who can put a hurting on a CW is one that is spec'd out for crits so they get those insane burst heals.

I think those that complain about nerfing CWs are those that play random pugs pre-60. There are to many factors like gear and enchantments that come into play and everyone's GS is nothing short of mixed crazyness! Once you hit level 60 EVERYTHING changes (especially post module 3), CWs aren't the pug "gods" they used to be, especially against equally geared opponents.

on a side note

The only thing I think the devs need to look into "nerfing" is our attack range, it makes HR's seem obselete who spec in archery lol
    Lazerous - CW
    Ladyhawk - HR
    Nighthawk the Pink TR
    edited March 2014
    Your opinion is noted and I play at 60 too, so my opinion stands... The only people that don't think GWF / CW are Op are the people that play them!

Dont nerf me bro!

bullgodz wrote: »
    The only DC's that I've seen who can put a hurting on a CW is one that is spec'd out for crits so they get those insane burst heals.

I think those that complain about nerfing CWs are those that play random pugs pre-60. There are to many factors like gear and enchantments that come into play and everyone's GS is nothing short of mixed crazyness! Once you hit level 60 EVERYTHING changes (especially post module 3), CWs aren't the pug "gods" they used to be, especially against equally geared opponents.

• pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I actually decided to make a CW I will be 60 soon...

That's the dumbest choice one can make in this game, unless you want to PvE exclusively or P2W to full R10s and get recruited into some top PvP guild so you can get carried by pro GWFs and HRs and feel (falsely) awesome.

You will come to regret your choices.
    edited March 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    That's the dumbest choice one can make in this game, unless you want to PvE exclusively or P2W to full R10s and get recruited into some top PvP guild so you can get carried by pro GWFs and HRs and feel (falsely) awesome.

I 100% agree. I think he needs to spend more time grinding out the new pvp armor sets than wasting it on playing a class he doesn't like.
    Lazerous - CW
    Ladyhawk - HR
    Nighthawk the Pink TR
    edited March 2014
    We will see pers3phone, I heed your advice after we played ( dueled if you will ) however I am finding the GF boring as of right now. Maybe if they are changed some to make them more fluid and mechanically sound.

I have a 47 HR who is pretty amazing, a 25 TR which kinda seems twitchy, I will have my CW 25is tonight and we will see his progression, as of right now the CW is alarmingly powerful! I mean even with Ancient Mulgorath weapons my GF took time to kill 3 dds and a boss add, my CW can kill the adds with 1 spell.... Then hold the other until dead before hes within 10 yards of me...

CW so far has been fun, exciting, powerful / something the GF never feels! Maybe we will meet again as Ive gotten much more gear since our last duel.

pers3phone wrote: »

edited March 2014
    Thats why I 'm leveling a CW! The Gf is lackluster and wasting more time on him just to be decent is a no go. The game is about fun is it not? Well the GF is not fun anymore.

bullgodz wrote: »
    I 100% agree. I think he needs to spend more time grinding out the new pvp armor sets than wasting it on playing a class he doesn't like.

edited March 2014
    Thats why I 'm leveling a CW! The Gf is lackluster and wasting more time on him just to be decent is a no go. The game is about fun is it not? Well the GF is not fun anymore.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but a CW end game isn't as powerful as you might think. Post module 3 end game pvp is all about the new armor sets and tenacity which in turn have made our CC's a thing of the past. I've played with and against geared out GF and those muthas are node capping capping freaks lol
    Lazerous - CW
    Ladyhawk - HR
    Nighthawk the Pink TR
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We will see pers3phone, I heed your advice after we played ( dueled if you will ) however I am finding the GF boring as of right now. Maybe if they are changed some to make them more fluid and mechanically sound.

I have a 47 HR who is pretty amazing, a 25 TR which kinda seems twitchy, I will have my CW 25is tonight and we will see his progression, as of right now the CW is alarmingly powerful! I mean even with Ancient Mulgorath weapons my GF took time to kill 3 dds and a boss add, my CW can kill the adds with 1 spell.... Then hold the other until dead before hes within 10 yards of me...

CW so far has been fun, exciting, powerful / something the GF never feels! Maybe we will meet again as Ive gotten much more gear since our last duel.

Yes, we "dueled", I only did it because I read your posts here and I wanted to give you tips on how to kill CWs, there's no way a GF with low GS, fresh at 60 and limited PvP experience can win against CW that geared up for months and PvPs daily. So I only tried to help.

To clarify:

CW is AWESOME. Really awesome. A machine of destruction. IN PVE. Or if he is carried by high end PvP team.

HRs are great, leveling one as well, and leveling a GWF too.

If you think I level these toons (new artifacts, boons, gear grind...) for pleasure - you are sorely mistaken.

I level them because the CW is DUMB in PvP whenever thrown in with experienced&geared adversaries. I tired, oh so very tired to be pure support class and depend on others, unable to hold a node and so on.

BTW, just yesterday I dueled a few times one of the top GFs in the game. Pretty much switched quite a few setups.

Result?

I wasn't even able to proc his soulforge. I died 4-5 times or something in a row. He did so much damage to me and closed gaps so fast, all I could do was run around scared like a little girl.

From my perspective, that GF was OP. Your GF ca be OP just like that.

But it will take you MONTHS. Months of farming and practice.

Or you can swipe the credit card and be done with the farming.
    edited March 2014
    Thats awesome I don't want to need a 20k GS to be a good GF, when I can succeed with other classes with less. Thanks though, really I loved the GF until 60 now I see his true down falls and I don't wish at this time to continue him.

• ladis1ausladis1aus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Who cares about PVE? Im tired of being a glorified punching bag in pvp. Before tenacity, I could reliably hit people with shard when combo with the force choke. Now it barely affects people at all, and if their team has a few HRs. Forget about shard, every time they see me, I get stunned 3 times immediately if I miss the dodge. 2 HRs, 6 stuns. All the while their tanks are all targeting me with or without help from HRs so forget about helping to cap. Being in that circle while a few GWFs are present, you might as well /killme. I can't believe some noobs consider CW overpowered in pvp, seriously look at those ubertank GWFs who would take 2 good people targeting him for a while to kill him/her (AND instantly respawn).
    I've wasted months of my time building up my CW, only to be roflstomped by every other decently geared/skilled class. In my opinion, every class should have 1 that the other is weak to. Who is CW weak against? Every class except DC. GWF? TR, maybe. TR? HR. HR? Hmm, probably GWF since they are the great zergs. So, why is PVP so unbalanced? You have 3 classes that are very strong, 1 that is weak, 1 for heals, and the last one, while lacking decent damage is good at holding caps (GF). Anyone who thinks CW need a nerf is just trolling or take PVE too seriously. PVP is the only fun part of any game, Neverwinter included.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    CW is OP in PVP?

At low level PVP you mean.

Once you get into level 60 and start playing high end matches, it'll change completely.

CW is one of the worst PVP classes right now
  • obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well...maby when Cryptic fix armor penetration on cw skills then cw will be OP class, i have CW for pvp with opressor build, thats my stats:
    http://zapodaj.net/0b734270716e8.png.html
    http://zapodaj.net/5ae8c4cd60548.png.html
    tenacity 22,6%
    (sorry for no english but i think it is no problem becouse you can open your character card and confront it, hope ss is working). All in rank 9 enchant + p. vorpal. and my relation from pvp with other classes:

- GWF- no even chance against them, 40k hp 45% defens 40+% deflection + unstopable +barkshield + omg....threateing rush...+massive dmg = cw always death, my dmg is ridiculous low especialy from Ice knife ( worst dmg was 1600 critical strike from ice knife, it is daily skill and it is embarassing to me when i see this dmg). GWF is a monster, and they always go for cw as first "fresh meet"
    -Perma tr- ( try to find non perma in pvp nowadays) hmmm.... Do you need a comment? all know what is happening with cw against them
    - HR-dodged- immune-dodged-immune-dodged-immune-dodged-immune-dodged-immune.......x100 try to fight against them with shard on tab...fc....no way
    -GF- actually most of them have no skill to pvp and they are lows in pvp becouse they have no idea how to fight especialy those with Anvil of doom....;p but i met a few very good tanks and with opressor build it was good fight ( some of them kill me easily, becouse they used supremacy of steel and i think it is a little exaggerated skill), but i have a chance against them! wow...finaly some balance...
    -dc- some of them are so tanky, that i need help to kill them, but it is good, dc should be difficult to kill, i dont know what about dc but their mission was always help their own team, they can't be killers, they should have problem with kill another class in echxange for big survivabilty.
    -cw vs cw- yea finally full balanced :D
    its all of pvp, i am not talking about pve becouse i have another cw for pve with another build, but believe me actually i have no chance to be in first place on damage list becouse always GWF and good HR are making much more dmg than me
    Collecting all my experience of playing cw.... I like to play cw and i am really enjoy it, even if another classes are to OP for me, i can use many skills combination depends on the situation ( sometimes it is impediment becouse lets say shard on tab is good against gwf but totaly usueless against hr, and Cryptic should enter some thing like second stripe of skills which we can quickly change depends of situation) , but it a bit unfair when i see scoreboard and hr is 30-1, gwf that same, and cw is opposite of this scores :). I am still waiting for better balanced pvp. ( i have a hope that you understand my "English") Greetings for all.
  • pzg33pzg33 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I mean sure they can die if picked on with a TR / GWF but you combine them with a team with another CW your dead! There is no diminishing returns on the spells you are just killed in seconds.

I see everyone just Rolling CWS as the can do what everyone else can better!

trolling? or stupid?
    edited May 2014
    pzg33 wrote: »
    trolling? or stupid?

You dug up an old post for that? I have a 15.6k CW and I owned in PvP until Tenacity... As this thread was predated before that I can now comment that CW needs help in PvP as Control is 0.5 - 1 sec and they have no defense or escape other then dodge.

Next time you wanna call me stupid at least look up the date of the thread!

• nokie321nokie321 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    To everyone who says CW is OP in PVP. Please, make a CW, level it to 60, then go play PVP--- A LOT :D Then, come back here and tell us again if CWs are OP in PVP :) I think people who often whine about CWs being OP haven't actually played one or has one but is an alt. CWs in PVP atm is the weakest. Sure, CWs can own if the CW is in a good team or has newbie enemy team. Otherwise, CWs are barely, if not at all, competitive.

One of my friends said that he knows and watched really good CWs pvp from a particular PVP guild. Thing is, he is top tiered GWF and whoever CW with him and their premade rank 10s team would pretty much own lol. Let the CW pug queue and it would be a different story, esp with the broken matching system that puts you in team of greens and blues against epic premade. Also, how highend must a CW be to at least have a fighting chance? While all the other classes steamroll the CW.

Oh well~ I guess time to roll to a gwf for pvp? lol
    edited May 2014
    nokie321 wrote: »
    To everyone who says CW is OP in PVP. Please, make a CW, level it to 60, then go play PVP--- A LOT :D Then, come back here and tell us again if CWs are OP in PVP :) I think people who often whine about CWs being OP haven't actually played one or has one but is an alt. CWs in PVP atm is the weakest. Sure, CWs can own if the CW is in a good team or has newbie enemy team. Otherwise, CWs are barely, if not at all, competitive.

One of my friends said that he knows and watched really good CWs pvp from a particular PVP guild. Thing is, he is top tiered GWF and whoever CW with him and their premade rank 10s team would pretty much own lol. Let the CW pug queue and it would be a different story, esp with the broken matching system that puts you in team of greens and blues against epic premade. Also, how highend must a CW be to at least have a fighting chance? While all the other classes steamroll the CW.

Oh well~ I guess time to roll to a gwf for pvp? lol

Another poster that didn't read the thread...