test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CW's in PVP seem way OP!

124»

Comments

• proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    You dug up an old post for that? I have a 15.6k CW and I owned in PvP until Tenacity... As this thread was predated before that I can now comment that CW needs help in PvP as Control is 0.5 - 1 sec and they have no defense or escape other then dodge.

Next time you wanna call me stupid at least look up the date of the thread!

Tenacity introduction date: 06 Mar 2014

Your post in 10 Mar 2014: "Thats why I 'm leveling a CW!"

I'm sorry to tell you, but you didn't own squat in PvP before Tenacity, and complained after that you are not doing OK on the CW, so you didn't own after Tenacity either.

Instead of admitting that you made a mistake due to lack of experience with your claims in this joke of a thread, you prefer to make stuff up...
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited May 2014

I'm sorry to tell you, but you didn't own squat in PvP before Tenacity, and complained after that you are not doing OK on the CW, so you didn't own after Tenacity either.

Instead of admitting that you made a mistake due to lack of experience with your claims in this joke of a thread, you prefer to make stuff up...

I wasn't 60 yet! I didn't complain I am not doing ok? I said CW need some help. However prior to Tenacity they were OP!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
    edited May 2014
    I love my CW still top charts in pugs, against geared players I have issues as my control is ziltch and shard is buggy. I even continued my GF hes 16.1k so far.

Sometimes I can go unkilled, sometimes I do well and still lose...

2014_05_04_00003.jpg

2014_05_04_00007.jpg

• proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    prior to Tenacity they were OP!

No, they were not. Why do you think me and many other gave up on their CWs to play GWFs, HRs or TRs? Yes, before Tenacity.

CWs are only powerful if:

- in a great team
    - in the hands of a very skilled, very talented, max geared player (there are less than 10 in the game)

Or against foolish, useless pugs, that don't understand classes, that don't understand CW spells, that don't have gear, don't have tenacity, don't have high rank enchants, and don't have Pvp build.

Now I'm asking you: what matters? The fact that a CW can be OP against bad players or when in a good party, or the fact that the CW is a bad choice (usually) for serious premade games with good players, BiS geared and specced for PvP.

CW is approximately in the same place as they were before Tenacity. They lost some CC, but now they are really tanky. Did you ever meet a properly specced BiS halfling CW with 37K HP, 20% Tenacity, 30% DR, 2000 Regen or so and with Stamina boon and feat? They are very hard to kill compared to before Tenacity.

Other people before me told you the CWs were not OP then, and they are not OP now - in the situations that matter: PREMADES.

Nobody cares about pugs, where you can have a team with rank 10 enchants and others with rank 5.
    edited May 2014
    Well that's you, I will never play the OP Flavor of the Month class! I don't think my CW was a bad choice at all! I jump between my GF and mt CW and playing CW is far easier.

edited May 2014

By the way I started the post ( 02-06-2014, 07:55 AM ) Before tenacity!

• klaaberklaaber Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This thread is very wrong, a end-game CW is not OP, every other class can and will take out CW if they both have same skill level.
  • bredddybredddy Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    You should gain nothing. CW's are too OP in pve. The best way to run a dungeon is always to stack cw's with maybe a dc or gwf. CW's need a major damage nerf for pve balance. Control nerfing would just make people want to stack them more but a damage nerf would mean that it'd be better to include other classes as the fastest way to get thru content.

so for u the problem is.......too much dps eh?

incase you didnt know , a gwf deal more damage then a cw in PVE (with equal gears)

bleed itself is an amazing source of non-stop dps while cw have to wait for encounters , oh ye there encounters have pretty low cooldown but the nonstop stacking dots of the gwf beat it

i play both and their gs are almost the same

only reason why cw are ''op'' in pve is cuz they have controls+dps , but for sure , not the highest dps
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Dunno if I'd agree with that. A lot of GWF damage potential comes from working WITH the CW: spinning through a sing is waaay more effective than spinning through loosely separated monsters, for instance (especially if the singed monsters have be given stacks of plaguefire by the CW). It's difficult to separate the two, essentially.
  • datyologuy999888datyologuy999888 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Omg as usual this is another "I can't kill it so nerf it" CWs aren't that bad, don't confuse CWs as overpowered when the whole time you could just be trying to kill CWs who simply out gear you, since the tenacity there damage and CC has been reasonably reduced + GWFs TRs and HRs can kill CWs but other classes can't probably because other class left are tanks and healers, which aren't exactly ment to kill anyway, lets not forget class roles, personally damage is a form of CC, once you dead, you can't move... PvP requires tactics and a thinking brain, if you can't kill a CW on your own don't cry on the forum, CWs can be killed 1v1 fairly easiy anyway but lets say they can't, just like a beastly geared out GWF, generally can't be killed 1v1 either, use your brain and use your allies as a weapon, if you can't kill them just simply bring another teammate, personally I think having class like GWF which if obviously well geared are difficult to kill solo is good, makes PvP more challenging, of course those OP classes would need to come with a match limit, a full team of 16k GS+ GWF in PvP would be hilarious impossible to win imo
    edited May 2014
    Guys this thread was started 02-06-2014, 07:55 AM , when CW were OP. Now Tenacity has changed that...

• myth8892myth8892 Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2014
    than you must be smoking crack if you honestly think that... Since Mod 3 everyone knows CW are OP in pve and now as well in pvp..
    Rank 9 and 10 enchants, profound gear, and a CW can lock me down from 32 k hps to death...
    They are way beyond OP, the only CWs that are not OP are the ones that have <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear on, any CW with higher than rank 8 gems and good enchants is going to own alot of people..
    This game has become the GWF and CW game, make one or the other if you want to compete in pve or pvp...
    The Devs have done <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to the GF, Hunters just recieved a nerf as well, Rogues have went through alot of nerfs, CW got buffed, GWF got buffed again, not nerfed, and yes i have a gwf with rank 9s and 10s as well, got boring just owning everyone in pvp...
    When a class can CC you from full hps to nothing, there is something wrong..

could really care less if this is an old thread, its a viable one now...
  • pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    All of the points you make can be said about any class. Take any class, put it in the hand of a sompetent player, and give it good enchants and it is going to seem OP. There are players out ther in PVP, that have been around since beta, the ones that come up with all the good builds and rotations. These are the players that make classes seem OP. Saying CW is OP is just ridiculous, they are they easiest one to figure out how to counter.

GWF on the other hand? More HP, more Damage,and more REAL CONTROL than I have as a CW.(Prones are the king of CC, can't even argue other wise, Dazes being second - freeze, choke and our short stuns, all mitigated by tenacity and deflect. Prone you have the same length of getting up animation always.)

Don't get me wrong, I have been playing for a looong time and know how to counter most anyone, the only thing that makes a difference is gear. So as stated previously, give a good player any class with good gear and enchants and they will make that class seem OP. This is especially easily done because 90% of the pvp population uses the exact same builds. Permastealth and permaprones exist in pvp, and you complain about the easiest class to focus and counter as being OP? I wouldn't call these set ups OP so much as just very, very, very easy to execute efficiently which is why we see so many of them. Even most CWs I see are using the same set up, all about icerays meatballs and ice knife asap. But when they don't have Ice Knife up for root>prone(ice knife)>prone(meatball), you will find most of them pretty useless as far as a domination game is concerned. These types of CW do not like standing on nodes to fight.

Before anyone comes to the Forums screaming OP and nerf, keep playing - assess your gear, stats, power setup, play style and battle PLAN. Learn to LoS CW's, it is very easy to do. If they are giving you that much of a problem then devise your version of how to counter what it is that makes you inefficient against them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
    edited May 2014
    myth8892 wrote: »
    Rank 9 and 10 enchants, profound gear, and a CW can lock me down from 32 k hps to death...

Are you a DC? You're not supposed to 1vs1 CWs.
    Are you a GF? You should win against most CWs, and the only ones that should beat you are the very best, very experienced BiS equipped ones, but you still have a better chance to kill them.
    Are you a GWF? If you die to CW, you can safely delete the character, try something else.
    Are you a TR? See above.
    Are you a HR? See above.

Also 32K HP is low by today's standards. Try 37-45K.
  • a0n31a0n31 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Leaderboard_zps9b0b6bff.jpg

Taken Today... (press L, click Leaderboard top right). Definitely looks like CW are beast... oh wait, there's one on the first page. Guess how many on the second page? Don't feed the trolls gentlemen.
  • myth8892myth8892 Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2014
    Are you a DC? You're not supposed to 1vs1 CWs.
    Are you a GF? You should win against most CWs, and the only ones that should beat you are the very best, very experienced BiS equipped ones, but you still have a better chance to kill them.
    Are you a GWF? If you die to CW, you can safely delete the character, try something else.
    Are you a TR? See above.
    Are you a HR? See above.

Also 32K HP is low by today's standards. Try 37-45K.

name these players with 37k to 45k hps, feel free to PM me if you like with the list..
    I have yet to see any rogue running with 37k, I have yet to see a hunter or CW as well running with 37k hps...
    I have seen one GF running near 43k hps, have yet to see a GWF running with even 45k hps, most are running 40-42k at best..
    have yet to see a DC running with those numbers as well..
    I am not talking about with companions, someone that is going into a domination match without companions buffing up their stats...
    Feel free to PM me with the list, as i have inspected tons of top tier players from top tier guilds without them type of numbers..

As far as the list goes, you are really serious about that leadership board?
    I know alot of those names and trust me, all those games are not premades against premades, its premades stomping lower geared people, with a small sprinkle of premade vs premade games... any person with some intelligence would even know that...
    So whose trollin who?
    edited May 2014
    name these players with 37k to 45k hps, feel free to PM me if you like with the list..

BiS PvP CW with GWF artifact can have 38K HP. There's one on the image above, go inspect him.

GWFs are 40-45K HP. TRs have their defense in stealth and ITC, no need to waste so much on stacking HP. HR has CC, no need to stack so much HP, although 35K HP HR is common. DCs I don't play, but I think they have 35K HP+ as well. GFs can also reach huge HP pool.

So yes, 32K HP might be quite low, depending on class. Also if a CW is locking you down on anything but a DC, you are doing things wrong or are severely undergeared/overplayed. Happens, sometimes you face better players than you. Just as an example, I know for sure the CW that's on the image above can take on almost anything, including permas and GWFs, even if he might not not win all. But it's because CW is OP? No, it's because the player is OP and has accumulated experience at the highest level since Beta.
  • overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    wow this thread is still going on. I think the only thing that cws really have is that if one is much better geared and much better played than whatever other class you are playing, it will kill you in a second. I havent found that to be the case with many other classes, including tr or gwf. Crank it up to where everyone is bis, or even equal, and the cw falls apart. Even that cw that is better geared or better played can be 1-shotted many many ways by many other classes from full health to nothing. I wish I could play the class better and had the time to grind for my cw simply because it really feels like a gimped class with a ton of potential- a fun challenge.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have yet to see any rogue running with 37k, I have yet to see a hunter or CW as well running with 37k hps...
    I have seen one GF running near 43k hps, have yet to see a GWF running with even 45k hps, most are running 40-42k at best..
    I am not talking about with companions, someone that is going into a domination match without companions buffing up their stats...
    Feel free to PM me with the list, as i have inspected tons of top tier players from top tier guilds without them type of numbers..

I know alot of those names and trust me, all those games are not premades against premades, its premades stomping lower geared people, with a small sprinkle of premade vs premade games... any person with some intelligence would even know that...
    So whose trollin who?

Well, actually there is big list of cw even 40k hp +, i am trying to achive it to becouse this is fundamential statistic in pvp.
    I havent got yet GWF's artifact...but soon...;)
    http://zapodaj.net/8aec9f571284e.png.html
    anyway....still no chance against other classes, becouse my skills are still bugged (repel,shard, ice knife etc.), especialy great 3 GWF,TR,HR, also good thinking tank is too strong for me, only class i can defeat is DC, but sometimes they are so tanky that i cant do anything becouse they have all time full hp ;P
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited May 2014

So whose trollin who?

No companions boosting health.
    zeng.png

CW is one of the weakest class in end game PVP and a really hard class to play on top of that. Sure we can do damage and debuff, the problem is that you need to stay alive to do that and that requires a good team to back you up and OFC skill. If the teams are not equal the CW is the first one to go down and that the CW is always focused first don't help.

After M3, many teams are bringing extra GWFs to the fight since they are OP ATM and that's bad news for a CW. Why take a CW that dies when you can bring GWFs instead? Almost all the good players cares about the rank so rainbow is out of the question most of the time. I have to beg for my guild to take me to domination now.

Basically its like this, it takes a good CW to take down an average TR/HR/GWF/GF and it takes an excellent CW to take down a good TR/HR/GWF/GF. An excellent TR/HR/GWF/GF will almost always win against any CW unless you get lucky with timing/crit/doges etc.

There aren't that many CWs that can be labeled "excellent", I would say maybe 10.

So the question is, is the CW class OP when maybe only 10 players can beat a good TR/HR/GWF/GF? And since its now normal to bring 2-3 GWFs, 1-2 TRs, 1-2 HRs to a party should that have a impact on how we see things? I can say that a match against 2-3 GWFs is no fun for a CW and that's how it is now and add a TR or/and a HR to the party, well you might as well just quit.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
    edited May 2014
    Not to mention Zeng could easily get to even more HP if he wanted to by using +HP rings and the HP banner artifact. That would put him at around what, 42K HP?

So yes, 32K HP CW is kinda low these days.
    edited May 2014
    Thats impressive

edited May 2014
    Still, only 3.8k power.....the sacrifices you have to make to just "not be a one-shot kill in PvP" are kinda ridiculous.

Tanky class? STACK HITPOINTS OMG OMG
    Healer class? STACK HITPOINTS OMG OMG
    Glass cannon class? STACK HITPOINTS OMG OMG

It's a bit....silly, really.
    edited May 2014
    morsitans wrote: »
    Still, only 3.8k power.....the sacrifices you have to make to just "not be a one-shot kill in PvP" are kinda ridiculous.

Tanky class? STACK HITPOINTS OMG OMG
    Healer class? STACK HITPOINTS OMG OMG
    Glass cannon class? STACK HITPOINTS OMG OMG

It's a bit....silly, really.

It's not.

If you die you do no damage. CWs are focused all the time. Below 30K HP CW = insta death-->useless for team.

3.8K Power is very good for PvP.

This can be put to the test, just 1vs1 a glass cannon CW vs a tanky PvP CW with 35K HP+. The glass cannon will die each and every time.
    edited May 2014
    I'm not saying it's not practical, for this game's terribad pvp, but it highlights exactly how silly this game's terribad pvp IS. When everyone just stacks as many hitpoints as they can, and then worries about other stuff, like doing what their class is actually supposed to do, subsequently...it's dumb. D&D was never designed around a competitive PvP situation, and this game (which is barely D&D anyway) wasn't designed around a competitive PvP situation, either.

Instead of your classic D&D-style party of weak but intelligent wizards, chunky man-mountains of meat warriors, semichunky clerics and nimble dexterous rogues, you've got a whole bunch of chunky man-mountain halflings and someone who's permanently invisible.

And then they try to 'balance' this inherently unbalanceable idiocy.

....And then add a leaderboard.
  • bielka72bielka72 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm afraid Zheng is right. In premade matches, CWs need that many HP and regen just to survive and they still can get killed relatively easily, as any good pvp player will target the wizards first. In pugs its a different matter, you can run glass cannon builds and run around with less than 30K HP and kill lots of people.
    I can definitely say that between a tank cw and a glass cannon cw, the tank wins.
  • crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bielka72 wrote: »
    I'm afraid Zheng is right. In premade matches, CWs need that many HP and regen just to survive and they still can get killed relatively easily, as any good pvp player will target the wizards first. In pugs its a different matter, you can run glass cannon builds and run around with less than 30K HP and kill lots of people.
    I can definitely say that between a tank cw and a glass cannon cw, the tank wins.

Not completly true. PvE CWs running str8 power and like 20k hp can almost 2 hit me using ice rays / chill strike / ice knife. when my attacks do almost half as much damage, (when im using a strictly hitpoint tank build)

Current Build:(subject to change soon)
    http://gyazo.com/a9312f3e6397946806fe02c0b92d03e5

I normally run with vital rings for the 2k hitpoints per ring when in doing domination, and i run with smiting rings for the 500 power per ring for IWD pvp

The fact is that its honestly better to kill the enemy faster instead of let them throw you around longer. In the long run it doesnt matter if you survive for a few more seconds because the average GWF can threatening rush a 2.5k+ alone, and thats an at will that hits almost every second! The best bet for a cw is to get 5/5 severe reaction because its simply so op, if 2-3 melee players are on you you are garunteed 8+ dodges because it procs so much, and it stacks on players.

Example:
    I queued with some mates to just mess around in (they are lower end gs 11-14k) and then we get put against a tryhard clan who bought all their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> (not insulting kids but its pretty sad) so i got bored of watching P**n while i waited for the game to end so i go to one of the points and taunt their 2 gwfs into a fight, with severe reaction i dodged a total of 15 times straight before one of the GWFs gave up and then i couldnt dodge every second, so then i got killed from the prone chains. but the point is that even if your not the tankiest cw with that one feat ability you have the potential to have endless dodges when your outnumbered and your the target. (if your vs a cw with ice rays dont even <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> think about it)

tl;dr

either be a super tank 40k+ hp or super cannon 6-8k+ power
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    heres that change i said (17k in pvp ;p )

http://gyazo.com/b0dacac066be80c09712fa6d01d92ecc

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
  • bielka72bielka72 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well, back when I was running a glass cannon build (high viz and no tenacity) in a pug, we faced off with a premade, a very well known PVP guild, and I had a 1 to 1 with their well known cw. Sure, I reduced him to half HP, but I didn't have ice knife ready and my encounters were all used up. He just absorbed the damage and then let rip with all his encounters and I got clobbered.

Can you post up your current gear just for domination?

What I would be interested in is does a tanky build get as many kills in pug domination?

crazymikee wrote: »
    Not completly true. PvE CWs running str8 power and like 20k hp can almost 2 hit me using ice rays / chill strike / ice knife. when my attacks do almost half as much damage, (when im using a strictly hitpoint tank build)

Current Build:(subject to change soon)
    http://gyazo.com/a9312f3e6397946806fe02c0b92d03e5

I normally run with vital rings for the 2k hitpoints per ring when in doing domination, and i run with smiting rings for the 500 power per ring for IWD pvp

The fact is that its honestly better to kill the enemy faster instead of let them throw you around longer. In the long run it doesnt matter if you survive for a few more seconds because the average GWF can threatening rush a 2.5k+ alone, and thats an at will that hits almost every second! The best bet for a cw is to get 5/5 severe reaction because its simply so op, if 2-3 melee players are on you you are garunteed 8+ dodges because it procs so much, and it stacks on players.

Example:
    I queued with some mates to just mess around in (they are lower end gs 11-14k) and then we get put against a tryhard clan who bought all their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> (not insulting kids but its pretty sad) so i got bored of watching P**n while i waited for the game to end so i go to one of the points and taunt their 2 gwfs into a fight, with severe reaction i dodged a total of 15 times straight before one of the GWFs gave up and then i couldnt dodge every second, so then i got killed from the prone chains. but the point is that even if your not the tankiest cw with that one feat ability you have the potential to have endless dodges when your outnumbered and your the target. (if your vs a cw with ice rays dont even <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> think about it)

tl;dr

either be a super tank 40k+ hp or super cannon 6-8k+ power
    edited May 2014
    bielka72 wrote: »
    Well, back when I was running a glass cannon build (high viz and no tenacity) in a pug, we faced off with a premade, a very well known PVP guild, and I had a 1 to 1 with their well known cw. Sure, I reduced him to half HP, but I didn't have ice knife ready and my encounters were all used up. He just absorbed the damage and then let rip with all his encounters and I got clobbered.

Can you post up your current gear just for domination?

What I would be interested in is does a tanky build get as many kills in pug domination?

domination gear (sorta)

http://gyazo.com/991d049762d6c0294a39752d34531bb7

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR