test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Professions & What annoys you the most in the game?

tarigutarigu Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PvE Discussion
Hello,

Why an item made in professions (eg. detailed plate pants) is worth less than the resources I have to use to make it? Would it really hurt economy that I would get some gold from doing professions?
For me it's one of the most absurd and annoying things in the game. What annoys you guys? (dont say perma stealth rogues :D)
Post edited by tarigu on

Comments

• Options
    tarmelfintarmelfin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited April 2014
    sad but true... either stats of item or the AH selling prices is totally worthless.
    and yes most annoying things in game award goes to the perma stealth rogues ;)
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The whole profession interface annoys me ,it is so clunky and user unfriendly , renewing professions on a number of different accounts is so time consuming and annoying , they need to make it a friendlier interface like make it possible to collect all finished tasks in one click and also send off 3 of the same task in one click and stuff like that.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    just a little mod note here...

this thread will be allowed as long as the feedback is constructive and not an all out rant on in-game gripes. if you're going to discuss something that annoys you, what can be done to fix it? and let's make sure to not personalize these annoying issues as well.

do not reply to this mod note. send me a PM instead to discuss it.
  • Options
    yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Professions consume too much time imo. As stated, the time required to Invoke and renew professions takes me well over 15 minutes to where I no longer do it consistently more than a single time a day. The interface could be more suited for the long time multi toon player like myself. Having a 'Collect and renew all' button at the top of the overview screen for example. Clicking this button would collect all tasks that are collectable (if your inventory is full, the task does not collect) and it will renew all tasks that can be renewed. if i do not have the resources to renew the task, it is left as an open slot, so that i can use the existing process to choose a profession. I know they want us to log in every day and do the professions, but it is having the opposite effect on me, where i do not want to log in and resent the loss of resources because of the inconvenience the interface causes.

Also, I think the percentages for success when crafting should be adjusted. I have been trying to break into the purple slotted gear market, and as stated, the cost of the dragon eggs combined with the rate of failure (i tend to get the opposite of what the percentage chance indicates with the failure rate where i get 1 out of 3 slotted) with 5 purples for crafting (the person and the tools all purple) so even after investing millions of ad into creating the tools to make the gear, I think I would have been better off never buying a single profession tool and simply buying the Shirts and pants off the ah. It should not be this way. Perhaps if they raised the % on the tools so the total chance increased or, i think they should add a crafting % to the professionals, so a green blue or purple crafters increase the chance of success. Perhaps an synergy bonus so that if i have all purples i get a bonus, like the t1 and t2 sets... 2 needles gives me a higher chance than one of each...

and i worry the new black ice gear will make all of this for naught.
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I completly Agree.

A Plate Helm +2 requires 4 steel plates and 2 residium. In order to get 4 steel plates I need 8 pieces of Charcoal costing 2 silver 40 copper. And a vendor will buy the Plate Helm +2 for 2 Silver 61 copper. Really? 21 copper for spending time opening every node I find in the hope to get the two residium, killing countless foes in the hope they drop residium and all I get is 21 copper? Selling the two residium gives me 2 silver. Why would I craft?
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    djarkaan wrote: »
    I completly Agree.

A Plate Helm +2 requires 4 steel plates and 2 residium. In order to get 4 steel plates I need 8 pieces of Charcoal costing 2 silver 40 copper. And a vendor will buy the Plate Helm +2 for 2 Silver 61 copper. Really? 21 copper for spending time opening every node I find in the hope to get the two residium, killing countless foes in the hope they drop residium and all I get is 21 copper? Selling the two residium gives me 2 silver. Why would I craft?

they don't care if you craft or not. It is only there so they can say they have crafting in the game. Leadership keeps people from complaining, as it gives gold and RAD.
  • Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The forums and their lack of a mobile version annoys me.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    time requirements for professions can be drastically cut by simply making the professions tab account wide. Time spent mailing people/tools/resources to alternate characters is by far the most time consuming aspect of professions.

As for item prices, I find they're market driven. Gotta take the successes with the failures. Either that, or buy out every copy of a specific item in AH, relist, and raise prices by a factor of 10 or so.
  • Options
    kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Professions are pretty terrible as far as having any type of payout for what work you put into them.

One other thing that annoys me is not being able to queue for Epic Dungeons with a party size of my choice.
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is pretty stupid one, but I hate mobs, that use healing potions. Especially when I play as a cleric and don't have any interrupts.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    dragmoshdragmosh Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The forums and their lack of a mobile version annoys me.

There actually is a mobile version of the forums. It's called PW Community Forums Hub, by AQ. Whether it's better than just using the browser is debatable. For me it tends to load faster than the forums in the browser and the layout is better for a smaller screen. The app doesn't support images, screen rotation, or replies though.

NOTE! This app is not an "official" app. It is not developed by PWE or Cryptic.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Cut scenes annoy me the most.
  • Options
    cadwallendercadwallender Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Donut makers annoy me, by removing the middle of most of their product. Then the Baker continues his/her annoying greed by selling the middle.

I began as a Weaponsmith, thankfully I saw early on the time consumed and need for materials. I mean there were days I'd be in game for 90 minutes before leaving "my profession". I switched to "Leadership" after reading a "Forum" post.

Never realized I liked the color purple so much, never been happier.

Like Billy says, "AD is the root of evil and you know the rest, but its way ahead of what's second best"
    The Master Teaches:

"Every Attack Can Become a Defense"
    "Any Defense Can Be Made An Attack"

Lethalla L 60 "Stealth" TR

You Don't Hear the One With Your Name On It

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The solution, IMO, is pretty simple:

Gear at each given level has a certain amount of stat points. Allow items crafted by players to have their stats chosen by said players. They could have a small amount of variability in the exact final figures for said stats, and using better tools could provide a few extra bonus stat points. This would be great as certain classes' random drops tend to prefer some stats over others - player-made gear could ignore these preferences.

Also - please add a "collect all" button to the gateway, for those of us that have many alts.

Player-crafted gear could also have a few other bonuses - like being able to choose the type of enchantment slot - like maybe we could make boots w/ a defense slot instead of a utility slot...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    lustforblood007lustforblood007 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    1) I keep running out of gold for tradeskills and since your cant just mail gold I have to beg someone to help me transfer over gold from my main for materials.
    2) Other than Alchemy and Leadership the other trade skills seems kinda useless since you can buy items allot cheap/faster on the auction house.
    3) Epic items. I tried making my epic gemmed pants and yikes it takes you so many thousands of diamonds to get the things that improve quality or speed to combine then and then its a change it wont give you the best Tier you want. Thats after weeks and weeks to get the tradeskill level 20 so you can do the stupid combine and then have to wait for the rare tradeskill event you need for the combine just to have it fail the combine and give you a crappier version of what u want.
    4) Leveling Weaponsmithing and Artificing are supper easy and you can just do the mass gathering materials over and over until level 20 if you want... But Alchemy is a pain to level you combine and hope for the knowledge to level it up.. Leadership is the slowest and more time consuming than any other tradeskill there it is. Getting leadership 20 takes me about double the time as say Weaponsmithing.
    5)Mismatch tradeskills. Why does the Artificing level 14 material combine "Deep Wilderness Gathering 800exp" take 6 hours but the Weaponsmithing "Deep Wilderness Gathering 800exp" takes 8 hours? I guess weaponsmithers are a bit slower.
    6) Titles: At level 5 you get "Apprentice Tradeskill", level 10 you get "Jouneyman Tradeskill", level 15 you get "umm Nothing better luck next time maybe Expert Tradeskill would be nice" and lastly at level 20 you get "Master Tradeskill"

Other things I would love to see:
    1)More Mailboxes FFS. Your on the other side of helms hold and you bought yourself something nice out of the auction house. Now you have to kill your way all the way back to the gate run to lag central of the game get your item and kill your way back to where you left off. No epic mount makes it more exciting if anything sneezes on you you get knocked off you mount.
    2)Invocation on the gateway. Im mainly after those Sharandar Spark boxes since you need so many of those sparks.
    3)Player housing omg this game has the foundry and with that technology I think they could use it to help make player housing. Im coming from Everquest 2 but Sonys makes an insane amount of money selling <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for your house in the SC (Zen) marketplace. Players love customizing stuff and what better way than your own house or guild hall. Also Star trek Online has guild halls and guild progression projects.
    4)Upgrading mounts. Why does it cost 3 million diamonds to upgrade a mount from rank1 to rank3? They should be 1million if not lower the beetles are selling for 500k and they are epics.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    1) I keep running out of gold for tradeskills and since your cant just mail gold I have to beg someone to help me transfer over gold from my main for materials.

Account bank coming mod 3, HUZZAH!

2) Other than Alchemy and Leadership the other trade skills seems kinda useless since you can buy items allot cheap/faster on the auction house.

Agree, although currently the weaponsmithing/artificing skills are useful for T2.5 weapon sets. It remains to be seen how this works in mod 3 with the new black ice gear.

3) Epic items. I tried making my epic gemmed pants and yikes it takes you so many thousands of diamonds to get the things that improve quality or speed to combine then and then its a change it wont give you the best Tier you want. Thats after weeks and weeks to get the tradeskill level 20 so you can do the stupid combine and then have to wait for the rare tradeskill event you need for the combine just to have it fail the combine and give you a crappier version of what u want.

Yeah, it kinda sucks. Takes a long time to get your money back from crafting if you invest in those tools. Generally cheaper to just buy them from the people who do have the time/resources to do it.

4) Leveling Weaponsmithing and Artificing are supper easy and you can just do the mass gathering materials over and over until level 20 if you want... But Alchemy is a pain to level you combine and hope for the knowledge to level it up.. Leadership is the slowest and more time consuming than any other tradeskill there it is. Getting leadership 20 takes me about double the time as say Weaponsmithing.

Leadership is also the only profession that give you AD and gold. The grind is perfectly justified imo.

5) Mismatch tradeskills. Why does the Artificing level 14 material combine "Deep Wilderness Gathering 800exp" take 6 hours but the Weaponsmithing "Deep Wilderness Gathering 800exp" takes 8 hours? I guess weaponsmithers are a bit slower.

No idea.

6) Titles: At level 5 you get "Apprentice Tradeskill", level 10 you get "Jouneyman Tradeskill", level 15 you get "umm Nothing better luck next time maybe Expert Tradeskill would be nice" and lastly at level 20 you get "Master Tradeskill"

I think there's enough titles personally.

Other things I would love to see:
    1) More Mailboxes FFS. Your on the other side of helms hold and you bought yourself something nice out of the auction house. Now you have to kill your way all the way back to the gate run to lag central of the game get your item and kill your way back to where you left off. No epic mount makes it more exciting if anything sneezes on you you get knocked off you mount.

+1

2) Invocation on the gateway. I'm mainly after those Sharandar Spark boxes since you need so many of those sparks.

Is it really that difficult to log into the game for 5 mins to invoke once or twice a day? You can already forestall the invoke timer with Sword Coast Adventures.

3) Player housing omg this game has the foundry and with that technology I think they could use it to help make player housing. Im coming from Everquest 2 but Sonys makes an insane amount of money selling <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for your house in the SC (Zen) marketplace. Players love customizing stuff and what better way than your own house or guild hall. Also Star trek Online has guild halls and guild progression projects.

+1

4) Upgrading mounts. Why does it cost 3 million diamonds to upgrade a mount from rank1 to rank3? They should be 1million if not lower the beetles are selling for 500k and they are epics.

I think the cost would be reasonable if upgrading a mount made it an accountwide mount at that speed. Thus, upgrade a pony to 110% and you would get a 110% pony that is redeemable from the dude near Knox on all characters, forever. However, the cost hasn't stopped me from upgrading. It's just really bad value so I try not to think about it...

Responses to your points in teal.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    5)Mismatch tradeskills. Why does the Artificing level 14 material combine "Deep Wilderness Gathering 800exp" take 6 hours but the Weaponsmithing "Deep Wilderness Gathering 800exp" takes 8 hours? I guess weaponsmithers are a bit slower.
    1. You run out of gold? I'd say most people level 60 who don't trade 1000 gold for 10 keys do not have that problem.
    2. How is alchemy useful?
    3. Just buy them at the auction house. Investing in tools to make them for yourself is a very bad idea. Simple solution to that.
    4. That is the point. I wish more professions were like leadership. It is too easy to level professions considering they have zero plans to increase the cap this year
    5. Parity should be enforced but it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things
    6. Eh not gonna complain about this one. Being too picky for my taste

*though a "jack-of-all-trades" title would be sweet
  • Options
    lustforblood007lustforblood007 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    1)Is it really that difficult to log into the game for 5 mins to invoke once or twice a day? You can already forestall the invoke timer with Sword Coast Adventures.
    1)I was talking about say on the train to work or on a vacation away from home. I can send out my tradeskillers, check out the market and stuff but if I'm gone even 1 day I loose all the celestial coins for the week.
    2)You run out of gold? I'd say most people level 60 who don't trade 1000 gold for 10 keys do not have that problem.
    2) I guess but I have multiple accounts and some of them I just use tradeskills like alchemy on a level 30 character so I can make potions for groups during the DD event to help make things go smoother. Im excited about the new update though I hope the account bank atleast gives you a few free slots. My account mail has been overflowing for weeks because of storage manly enchantments lol.

The post said "Professions & What Annoys You The Most In The Game?" and well these are things that annoy ME lol they are all just IMO of course.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Donut makers annoy me, by removing the middle of most of their product. Then the Baker continues his/her annoying greed by selling the middle.

I began as a Weaponsmith, thankfully I saw early on the time consumed and need for materials. I mean there were days I'd be in game for 90 minutes before leaving "my profession". I switched to "Leadership" after reading a "Forum" post.

Never realized I liked the color purple so much, never been happier.

Like Billy says, "AD is the root of evil and you know the rest, but its way ahead of what's second best"

doughnuts must have the middle removed in order to cook evenly. :D
  • Options
    cadwallendercadwallender Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    THAT is correct

Like a "Jelly Filled"!!
    The Master Teaches:

"Every Attack Can Become a Defense"
    "Any Defense Can Be Made An Attack"

Lethalla L 60 "Stealth" TR

You Don't Hear the One With Your Name On It

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The post said "Professions & What Annoys You The Most In The Game?" and well these are things that annoy ME lol they are all just IMO of course.

Was just replying to your points because I thought they were interesting and some of it I agree with
  • Options
    godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    This is pretty stupid one, but I hate mobs, that use healing potions. Especially when I play as a cleric and don't have any interrupts.
    Divine Sunburst
    Daily Guardian of Faith
    Daily Hammer of Fate (maybe?)

YEs, pretty limited... but do go saying no interrupt when there is
  • Options
    godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    I don't really have much to complain about that annoys me. I haven't done anything other than leadership though. That is just free stuff.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Professions do not really annoy me, I see them more as a mini-game while I wait for other stuff in the game, or am just chatting. What does annoy me is groups that speed run dungeons. I really try not to PUG because of this, but sometimes it is necessary. Even groups that have been formed manually tend to speed run as well, even when it is stated up front that we aren't zerging. I don't incessantly run the dungeons so I am not bored with them yet, I would like to enjoy them a bit. If the Devs could put in some speed bumps and slow things that would be great. Maybe more people would then get to appreciate the work the Devs put into the scenery of the dungeons. Now if only they were as creative with the mobs in the dungeons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tarigu wrote: »
    What annoys you the most in the game?
    )

Clearly, the chinese farmers spamming all the possible chats and channels. In game PM, Zonz chat, LFG chat, ingame mail, they are everywhere. Ofc you can remove Zone, LFG, Tell, Say from all your channels but this turns a MMO into a solo game vs the computer. Plus, your ingame mail still gets spammed '"Hey friend:" you all know this one)
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I was pondering this same issue, as a matter of fact. I was thinking about when I first started to play, and what the difference is now that I have 4 toons now (2 x lvl 60, 1 x lvl 54, 1 x lvl 6). Professions is obviously one area that really slows down the game for me now - I spend at least half my time managing professions, rather than playing. I do like the professions, but it is too much, once you go past 3 toons..

I would like to see an account-wide profession with more limited slots. Extra toons would contribute to either the rare events available, and/or assist in the blue items (for example, the DC would assist in blessing equipment to higher levels, unlock blue and purple events as regular items, once they also level to an appropriate tier). This would encourage more toons (much like Sword Coast did for companions), while speeding up profession time vs play time. It could use the new account-wide slots for gaining items (I also spend time mailing items around), and would make more efficient use of professions - I do not convert my greens to blues or purples so I can use them across multiple accounts - with one account, I am more likely to tier them up...

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    krailov wrote: »
    I was pondering this same issue, as a matter of fact. I was thinking about when I first started to play, and what the difference is now that I have 4 toons now (2 x lvl 60, 1 x lvl 54, 1 x lvl 6). Professions is obviously one area that really slows down the game for me now - I spend at least half my time managing professions, rather than playing. I do like the professions, but it is too much, once you go past 3 toons..

I would like to see an account-wide profession with more limited slots. Extra toons would contribute to either the rare events available, and/or assist in the blue items (for example, the DC would assist in blessing equipment to higher levels, unlock blue and purple events as regular items, once they also level to an appropriate tier). This would encourage more toons (much like Sword Coast did for companions), while speeding up profession time vs play time. It could use the new account-wide slots for gaining items (I also spend time mailing items around), and would make more efficient use of professions - I do not convert my greens to blues or purples so I can use them across multiple accounts - with one account, I am more likely to tier them up...

Think of it as something like a sidequest, a filler, or if you want a specific example, swordcoast adventures.

You don't have to do any profession. You might want to get weaponsmithing if you are a melee to 20, but thats if you want 10 points increase in damage to your weapon.

I like them being tough to get to max level. Gives you something to strive for if you choose to do so.

If you hate professions, don't do them. They are not an integral part of the game. The ones that might be are easy to get to level 20.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    godhric wrote: »
    Divine Sunburst
    Daily Guardian of Faith
    Daily Hammer of Fate (maybe?)

YEs, pretty limited... but do go saying no interrupt when there is

Sunburst is one of the worst abilities to solo PvE with. And daily is a daily that isn't always up, Guardian of Faith is the worst daily to use for damage and I don't have Hammer of Fate because it's in another paragon path. Why do even make such a stupid comments.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    What's annoying is that sometimes profession can be a bit tedious to click... esp with several toons.. I'd like to see the "Collect All" button.. and also a button to do 3 same tasks with just 1 input.
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Sunburst is one of the worst abilities to solo PvE with. And daily is a daily that isn't always up, Guardian of Faith is the worst daily to use for damage and I don't have Hammer of Fate because it's in another paragon path. Why do even make such a stupid comments.

Not really the worst.. it's got good AoE, good divine power generation, good AP generation, great low cooldown, mid dmg.. and can be packed with TONS of feats (Repurpose soul, righteous rage of tempus, annointed holy symbol, rising hope, etc)... With its interrupt & knockback capabilities (which you can use to push enemies off the ledge too), i wouldnt say that sunburst's the "Worst" for PvE... in fact, it's got the best utility of all..

No, my comment isnt stupid.. you just dont know how to utilize Sunburst yet.

And i was just commenting on your neglect that says that clerics have no interrupt powers, when in fact, we do... So, next time choose your words wisely