test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Professions & What annoys you the most in the game?

2»

Comments

• proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Profession isn't actually annoying. It's a field which is currently underused and can potentially generate lots of fun. Personally I came up with some ideas for it, like upgrade bags and craft artifacts. Maybe there can even be a profession which let us train mounts.

Sadly these things won't happen in a F2P MMO where these items are either available with Zen, in lockboxes or in the AH at crazy prices, providing an AD sink.
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Fusing system.. is by far the most annoying thing in this game. I feel like the chance is 10% for all fuses. I really hate it and i end up in a rage state every time and i cant help to think that this system is only rewarding for exploiters and not at all for normal players. Please take out the chance on those things and charge for a 100% chance to fuse.
  • proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    ortzhy wrote: »
    Please take out the chance on those things and charge for a 100% chance to fuse.

There is one, Coalescent Ward.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    godhric wrote: »
    Not really the worst.. it's got good AoE, good divine power generation, good AP generation, great low cooldown, mid dmg.. and can be packed with TONS of feats (Repurpose soul, righteous rage of tempus, annointed holy symbol, rising hope, etc)... With its interrupt & knockback capabilities (which you can use to push enemies off the ledge too), i wouldnt say that sunburst's the "Worst" for PvE... in fact, it's got the best utility of all..
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Sunburst is one of the worst abilities to solo PvE with. And daily is a daily that isn't always up, Guardian of Faith is the worst daily to use for damage and I don't have Hammer of Fate because it's in another paragon path. Why do even make such a stupid comments.
    godhric wrote: »
    No, my comment isnt stupid.. you just dont know how to utilize Sunburst yet.

Sure, because I joined the game 9 months before you. And my post was quite clear, you just don't know how to utilize reading yet.

What annoys me the most in this game - forums users. Every time you post something, there's a very high chance that some troll, kid or just stupid will reply and turn the discussion into flame fest.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
    edited May 2014
    There is one, Coalescent Ward.

how could i have missed that when i;ve joined since may 2013, ty for the information!!

I was having obviously something else in mind.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Need an easier way to combine ADs between characters!
    edited May 2014
    ortzhy wrote: »
    how could i have missed that when i;ve joined since may 2013, ty for the information!!

I was having obviously something else in mind.

Yeah I understand. You would like something cheaper, probably getting even cheaper as the rank decreases.
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Sure, because I joined the game 9 months before you. And my post was quite clear, you just don't know how to utilize reading yet.

There are worse abilities to solo with.

Astral shield. Healing word. Bastion of health.

Sunburst is pretty good for solo stuff when compared to that lot.
    edited May 2014
    Yeah I understand. You would like something cheaper, probably getting even cheaper as the rank decreases.

what i want is the chance gone so lets say that a rank 9 has 20% chance = 4 preservation wards destroyed. At the moment this chance for a casual crafter translates into 17-20 consecutive fails as my last 5 attempts were. It only averages for guys that craft huge amounts such as guys with multiple accounts that stack preservation wards or people that play with huge zen sums or any thing that goes in that area, it is wiser to buy them from ah than to attempt the craft.

So this system is a bad experience for the normal player as systems bugs and u end up consuming a stack of wards for a rank 6-7 and even worse for ranks 8-9-10, and what i am saying is translate the average cost of 4-5 wards into some token or let us stack wards to increase the chance to 100% , normal enchantments only, similar to Coalescent Wards (keep those for weapons/armor). Hope now i;ve made myself clear.
  • godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Hmm.. Idk why you're so offended.. I'm merely having my opinions expressed.
    _____
    This is pretty stupid one, but I hate mobs, that use healing potions. Especially when I play as a cleric and don't have any interrupts.

Just because you dont like using sunburst in SOLO PvE, doesnt mean it's one of the worst skill in it! I do use sunburst for SOLO PvE.. because with it, divine power management is so MUCH easier.. that I can always use daunting light & chains of blazing light in divinity.. There are many more worse powers for Solo PvE, particularly break the spirit, exaltation, the single target FF (for trash groups), the shield, and the pure healing skills. Sunburst is far from "worse"

Btw.. I'm not the one being rude calling other people's comments stupid. You may not realize this, but you ARE the troll. Can you re-read your own post (esp the red one) and honestly say that your post is correct? As I said before, yes clerics do have pretty LIMITED interrupts.. But saying that clerics dont have ANY interrupt is just a blatant false information and a complete exaggeration.

That knocking off the ledge once saved my life in SOLO PvE when just starting... in an icespire story quest, particularly the wolf boss.. Knocked him off the ledge by accident in the room before the boss.

Ok that's it.. I'm done. Not gonna feed the troll anymore and if you're smart, you would stop too... because quite frankly, you're kinda embarrassing yourself..
  • doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tarigu wrote: »
    Hello,

Why an item made in professions (eg. detailed plate pants) is worth less than the resources I have to use to make it? Would it really hurt economy that I would get some gold from doing professions?
    For me it's one of the most absurd and annoying things in the game. What annoys you guys? (dont say perma stealth rogues :D)

I just did a long post under "professions revisited" to address the issue of crafting. So I 100% agree that its very annoying to have a game advertise its customization but when it comes to a game mechanic that would allow the most customization, there is next to none.

I find many things annoying in the game, I also enjoy playing it and will most likely continue to do so but if some changes were made I know they would be far more enjoyable and would probably keep me playing longer.

I find lack of pvp maps annoying but it seems that with the new module they are aiming for open world pvp so I guess we will see how that works, personally i'd rather have more pvp maps and or more pvp modes of play. Domination gets kinda boring, especially in its current state of total win or total loss game play.

The game is riddled with bugs, from dungeons that can't be finished to bugged drops that don't drop lol. You can't patch a game repeatedly and expect smooth bug free game play, but there are some rather bothersome bugs and even more annoying are glitches that people abuse in dungeons making running dungeons with people who only want to glitch their way through it beyond annoying especially when it takes longer to glitch the game than it does to just go through it.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I just did a long post under "professions revisited" to address the issue of crafting. So I 100% agree that its very annoying to have a game advertise its customization but when it comes to a game mechanic that would allow the most customization, there is next to none.

Speaking of which.....any big changes to alchemy?
  • seanna2000seanna2000 Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2014

I find many things annoying in the game, I also enjoy playing it and will most likely continue to do so but if some changes were made I know they would be far more enjoyable and would probably keep me playing longer.

I find lack of pvp maps annoying but it seems that with the new module they are aiming for open world pvp so I guess we will see how that works, personally i'd rather have more pvp maps and or more pvp modes of play. Domination gets kinda boring, especially in its current state of total win or total loss game play.

The game is riddled with bugs, from dungeons that can't be finished to bugged drops that don't drop lol. You can't patch a game repeatedly and expect smooth bug free game play, but there are some rather bothersome bugs and even more annoying are glitches that people abuse in dungeons making running dungeons with people who only want to glitch their way through it beyond annoying especially when it takes longer to glitch the game than it does to just go through it.

Cloak Tower still hasn't been fixed, has it? My younger brother soloed all the way till the end only to find there was a wall blocking his path.

As for Professions, I have seen many successful and failed MMOs, and the successful ones always take their players' interests seriously. A simple but good way of helping people who don't have much time to do professions is to allow players to queue their tasks per task slot, up to say 12 hours worth of tasks, since people often have errands to do, etc. This will also make it fairer for the more casual gamers, since they also have to work in real life, etc. From the DBMS and programmatic point of view, this is merely keeping a set of task numbers/codes and then letting the player choose which to collect and how many to collect, no? These items should then go into the Professions slots, unless they are bag inventory items, which the player can then choose to sell or place in their own or guild bank, etc. Therefore all the bag inventory items should be shown in an overflow bag and then the player can just deal with it when they get back on. One way to do this is to allow arrangement and selling of bag inventory items as well from the Gateway. Also, it would be nice if we could also buy supplies remotely from within Neverwinter itself and not just from the Gateway.

Another this is that there should be more instances created depending on the amount of players online at the time. If you are already doing that, then the respawn times of nodes, monsters, etc. needs to be shorterned (faster) as more players come in.

Finally, your Turing Test when players open chests, interact with skill nodes, etc. tends to mistake very efficient people for a bot. There should be a warning sign that appears, telling us it thinks we are botting, and allowing us to prove our innocence of merely being efficient. Something a program wouldn't be able to reply to but a human would. I know I have had this problem before and so have others. This would be preferable, instead of letting us unknowingly "bot" due to somehow failing your Turing Test, and tell us how we are failing it, and what we need to do to avoid it, instead of wasting our time, effort, and even currency for no good reason (another thing I notice failed MMOs do is to squeeze their customers for money, etc.). You also speak of "normative behaviour" in your latest patch, but you need to take into account the many people who have say, OCD, Hoarding Disorder, PANS, ADHD, etc. It would be unfair to punish them for simply having a condition they didn't even ask for in the first place.

All that said, I believe your game is a nice game, and though much still needs to be done, you actually seem to be putting in effort to improve it. I think that is good, and I would suggest that you put up a list of improvements that have been selected for implementation, and give them a progress update every now and then (short and simple will be enough) and the expected date of completion and implementation (don't forget to buffer in case of unforeseen problems).
  • seanna2000seanna2000 Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2014

Patching consistently is the newer and currently accepted method of programming. In Systems Analysis and Design, you will find the old method to be the Waterfall Method, with the following method:

1) Analyze the system entirely
    2) Make proposals of new system designs
    3) Select the best design or redesign it to incorporate the strengths
    4) Implement the entire design
    5) Maintain and update the entire design

This method is good, but it takes too long for today's fast paced world and business environment. Therefore this method, also know as the Sequential Software Development Life Cycle is no longer feasible. Thus the new method is the Iterative Software Development Life Cycle, which if you are using the Unified Process, has 4 stages, these being, Inception, Elaboration, Construction and Transition. Each of these stages would then be sliced up into many iterations, all of which have sort of Mini Waterfall Model-like structures. Inception first decides the goals, objectives, ideas, analyses, etc. iteratively. Then Elaboration iteratively describes and designs the result of the Inception stage in further detail. Once the basic and core structures are completely addressed and a few basic features addressed as well, then the 3rd stage of Construction begins, when Implementation starts and is done iteratively till the basic and core functions and features are all there and finely tuned, as the foundation of anything successful must always be good, flexible and extensible. Otherwise, later on, there will be engine limitations, etc. and many problems will arise, so often it is safest to make it modular such that even the engines or databases (the architecture of a database might need upgrading and alteration, which is no easy task when you are trying to make your system fully transparent to the users, as transparency can complicate matters at times, though not too often) can be revised and replaced (i.e. patched). Once that is done, the 4th stage of Transition begins, and this is where you test, then launch and maintain your software (In this case, Neverwinter, and I guarantee you that a 3D MMORPG is no easy task, as I once helped someone verify a stability issue with a graphics engine for a then planned MMO (Tiamet Theorem, I think) and I was shocked (I was still a student then) at how terribly unstable it could get even with so much work already put into it. At the time, the person was already using the latest Intel chip features to optimize the speed and stability and yet there were problems. But I digress. The additional features are then added later by iteration as well using the same process WHILE addressing any bugs in the original basic and core functions.

It becomes rather complex for projects the size of a full blown 3D MMORPG. It is understandable for things to take a while, but think about it this way. If they didn't do it this way, You wouldn't have so much content to play with, nor would MMORPGs come out as often, giving you the variety to choose from that you currently enjoy. They would be like, say come out after several years, and the graphics would always be a few years behind at least. Remember Quake I and Hexen? Heretic? Doom 2? That was before Iterative Software Development. Slow and behind time, right? Don't worry, these things will be addressed in time if they are following the Iterative Software Development Lifecycle properly.