test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Poll: Should Angel of Protection be bound on pickup when you redeem your Coins?

Comments

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ikuruyo wrote: »
    BTW: As long as you are making stuff BtA, would it kill you to put in an account bank? Its annoying to mail stuff back and forth.

8 Account shared spaces were just added to the character bank on the preview server so hopefully it'll make it to live.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    ikuruyo wrote: »
    Keep the Angel BoE, let people do what they want with it. I don't expect the price to change all that much, its still going to be very rare, and I can't see the point in limiting it this far down the line.

Unfortunately, this really depends on a few entities. If those entities had programs per se to help them organize 1000 accounts praying for a full year with little to no effort, then it could have severe effects on the economy and the supply/ market control of third party sellers.

People with 5 characters who prayed everyday aren't the problem.... if it was, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

But of course this is a very controversial point of view that would get a lot of opposition.

Like I said, the question posed is like saying "Would you like everyone to get 1000 free zen or no one gets 1000 free zen".

Horribly horribly phrased unless these moderators where angling for a specific response
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    selling your 360 day reward allows others who did not earn the reward to purchase it. also, early sellers are going to benefit much more than later sellers as the market becomes more and more flooded with these items.

if it is not useful to you, as i suspect the reward's value varies from person to person, then other 360 coin options should be made available.

it does have an effect on me as it has an effect on everyone that is a part of the same community. if i am able sell my reward tomorrow for 7 million, but by the time someone that started playing in december has enough coins for the reward, they can only sell the item for half that or less depending on the market and AH under cutters. that's giving an unfair advantage to someone based on when they started playing the game in my opinion.

Unfortunately none of the coin rewards are worth it. Hence why people want to sell the companion, because selling it is getting them something that is worth while, namely AD. Maybe if Cryptic actually gave something of immense worth, or buffed the existing items, then I could see these items being changed to BoA/P. However, since these coin items are technically free, they're never going to do that if they can sell you that same something for actual Zen in the cash shop, or AD in the bazaar store.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    amosov78 wrote: »
    Unfortunately none of the coin rewards are worth it. Hence why people want to sell the companion, because selling it is getting them something that is worth while, namely AD. Maybe if Cryptic actually gave something of immense worth, or buffed the existing items, then I could see these items being changed to BoA/P. However, since these coin items are technically free, they're never going to do that if they can sell you that same something for actual Zen in the cash shop, or AD in the bazaar store.

Indeed. You need something that is useful after progressing with a char for a full year. The Angel is not. Neither itself or the active bonus. They are giving the lockbox companion a 15% Black Ice active bonus in Module 3, what about a companion that generally gives 15% faster campaign progress?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Indeed. You need something that is useful after progressing with a char for a full year. The Angel is not. Neither itself or the active bonus. They are giving the lockbox companion a 15% Black Ice active bonus in Module 3, what about a companion that generally gives 15% faster campaign progress?

I went to look for that after reading your post , glad I did now , I was going to upgrade my blue ioun stone this week after I finished leveling my lilend and green blob but I think I'll wait now , hopefully that black ice ioun stone will be quite cheap with the lockbox bonanza during the first week or two of mod 3 launch, seriously need that active bonus .
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I went to look for that after reading your post , glad I did now , I was going to upgrade my blue ioun stone this week after I finished leveling my lilend and green blob but I think I'll wait now , hopefully that black ice ioun stone will be quite cheap with the lockbox bonanza during the first week or two of mod 3 launch, seriously need that active bonus .

I can only advertise the official wiki and the excellent work two30 and others are putting into the site. I visit the "Recent Changes" regularly and spotted the info there.
  • Options
    abacquerabacquer Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Other - not bound ever.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I can only advertise the official wiki and the excellent work two30 and others are putting into the site. I visit the "Recent Changes" regularly and spotted the info there.

You don't need to rely on the wiki. I have personally seen it and can confirm it on preview server
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    You don't need to rely on the wiki. I have personally seen it and can confirm it on preview server

Yeah I saw it on the collections on the test server too , there's a new mount for a upcoming CTA too , I think it was called a Crag cat , wonder what skirmish it's for.
  • Options
    adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am a bit dissapointed that so many people voted for PoE. It would be one of the few possibilities in the game to see how long someone is actually around with his toon. Wiht BoE these items will sooner or later emerge in the AH and every rich newcomer who wants it will get it - even if they played for only a few weeks. :(
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    adernath wrote: »
    I am a bit dissapointed that so many people voted for PoE. It would be one of the few possibilities in the game to see how long someone is actually around with his toon. Wiht BoE these items will sooner or later emerge in the AH and every rich newcomer who wants it will get it - even if they played for only a few weeks. :(

Let's say, just as an example, that I decided to *only* buy the dye kits, instead of the angel - does that mean that I didn't play the full duration? Let's fast forward to *crosses fingers* NW's 2nd or later anniversary - if the ardent coin rewards aren't expanded, how does the angel tell you whether someone played for 360 days from the beginning, or 360 days from some other point? What if they have a Phoera? Does that necessarily distinguish them from someone who opened a Nightmare lockbox only just today?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    adernath wrote: »

Angels have already shown up and been sold on the AH.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Let's say, just as an example, that I decided to *only* buy the dye kits, instead of the angel - does that mean that I didn't play the full duration? Let's fast forward to *crosses fingers* NW's 2nd or later anniversary - if the ardent coin rewards aren't expanded, how does the angel tell you whether someone played for 360 days from the beginning, or 360 days from some other point? What if they have a Phoera? Does that necessarily distinguish them from someone who opened a Nightmare lockbox only just today?

That's why a new series of titles based on how many Ardent Coins you have spend makes so much sense. You give those guys something to show off that's even more telling than the Angel. Simple. Awesome.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I agree, a title based on coins spent would be a nice way to go, if it was possible.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    Angels have already shown up and been sold on the AH.

Yup, in fact just saw another one sold this weekend.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Yup, in fact just saw another one sold this weekend.

I know I checked a few times this weekend and didn't notice any for sell. Must have missed it. Good to see others selling it though.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Personally I don't care for titles as achievements.

I like the visual stuns.
    I like wearing something nobody else has due to time and/or effort I put into a game. It could be unique appearance armor, shiny effects or a companion. What it is matters not. Just that I have it.

The companion is not that great as others have said. That is more of reason for it to be a sign of devotion and dedication more so than a reason for it to be sold to somebody who is buying it for...glory...because remember the companion quality doesn't justify buying it for functionality.

There are two sides to a coin. Saying it isn't good enough to be BoP is really like saying it isn't worth buying either. It is a glory object whether it is BoP or BoE. The difference is the glory shows more than cash value when it is not able to be transferred between accounts.
  • Options
    everwherebuthereeverwherebuthere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I chose 'other'.

They have already played enough, that they have quit buying their own Zen long ago.
    They have already played enough, that they already have rank 10 and perfect items, legendary artifacts, and a full supply of Epic Profession items, and have quit spending Zen.
    They have already played enough, that they have figured out workarounds for disappearing items and no longer have to replace them by spending Zen or have others spend Zen on their behalf (such as losing Epic Professions items in the mailbox)
    They have already played enough, that they have created too many still-open support tickets.

So ban them.
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Imo all companions should be bind on account. As long as someone paid (at these prices) for having all companions for 1 character they should be able to use them on any future character (at least zen market ones).
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Personally I don't care for titles as achievements.
    There are two sides to a coin. Saying it isn't good enough to be BoP is really like saying it isn't worth buying either. It is a glory object whether it is BoP or BoE. The difference is the glory shows more than cash value when it is not able to be transferred between accounts.

However those that get the coins may not even use it so don't even see a point in showing it off for glory. If they can sell it they benefit from the ad for being committed and the buyer gets glory for owning a currently rare hard tog et companion. Without the ability to sell them, some people will have pretty much nothing decent to get for ardent coins if you already have a mount, minus maybe elixirs at the cheap end.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Sounds like a good reason to add other things to the coin store that other types players would find useful more than a reason to allow people to feel like the only use for their coins is to purchase an item they don't find useful to sell for a profit.

I don't see it as intentional that the main interest players have in the crown jewel of the Ardent Coin Store is to sell rather than use due to a negative opinion of the usefullness of that item.

This is "the best" item in the store...because you can sell it? That just doesn't make it good.
    That is a sign of a problem more than anything else.

Being able to sell something doesn't make it good.

To me the only true value it can have is as a glory item. A title in the form of shinyness rather than text.
    And yet as soon as people can purchase it with Zen (by way of the Zen Exchange) it loses that glimmer of purpose...

So it becomes...nothing. Instead of the wow factor it should inspire it will receive a "wow look you either bought that for a bunch of money or were too stupid to sell it!"
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Sounds like a good reason to add other things to the coin store that other types players would find useful more than a reason to allow people to feel like the only use for their coins is to purchase an item they don't find useful to sell for a profit.

Yea, but the poll and question isn't about adding new items to the coin store. Its about simply changing this one item. And I'm not all that keen on agreeing to have this items value changed. In the hope, that something might possibly be added, at another time.

It needs to be left as it is. IF...if something else gets added in the future. Perhaps then, and only then, can we revisit this debate.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    seven7y wrote: »
    It was never a "glory item", it's your fault for assuming so. The change to become one is also lost already, this has been stated and explained multiple times in the thread.

You haven't answered half of the important problems that would come out with a change, yet you still keep on with the same argument. Deleting my posts won't help you win it.
    Yea, but the poll and question isn't about adding new items to the coin store. Its about simply changing this one item. And I'm not all that keen on agreeing to have this items value changed. In the hope, that something might possibly be added, at another time.

It needs to be left as it is. IF...if something else gets added in the future. Perhaps then, and only then, can we revisit this debate.

his and other like suggestions provided in this thread are not what i'd consider to be off-topic. in all honesty, because the option of BtA was not initially offered in the poll, the numbers may be very skewed. so even if the numbers heavily roll towards people wanting to have the option to sell the top reward, it begs the question of why. if the item is not of value to most people then what would be of value? the current zen store price of an epic companion is 2500z which at the current AD exchange rate is about 1 million AD. why would you rather have the AD? or would you rather have a rare artifact or an enchantment? a mount? or is it the chance to make 1-7 million AD that is far more valuable than anything they could offer?
  • Options
    trouble#8887 trouble Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    his and other like suggestions provided in this thread are not what i'd consider to be off-topic. in all honesty, because the option of BtA was not initially offered in the poll, the numbers may be very skewed. so even if the numbers heavily roll towards people wanting to have the option to sell the top reward, it begs the question of why. if the item is not of value to most people then what would be of value? the current zen store price of an epic companion is 2500z which at the current AD exchange rate is about 1 million AD. why would you rather have the AD? or would you rather have a rare artifact or an enchantment? a mount? or is it the chance to make 1-7 million AD that is far more valuable than anything they could offer?

The pool continued to be in BoE favor by far even after BtA was added, it clearly states what people want. Not everyone who wants BoE wants to sell the reward, a lot of people vote BoE probably because they just consider it fair.
    If someone reads this thread completely and analyzes the emerged problems with calm, I can hardly believe he can be against BoE.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    So it becomes...nothing. Instead of the wow factor it should inspire it will receive a "wow look you either bought that for a bunch of money or were too stupid to sell it!"

Yeah but in the end you guys will still be buying the Angel nonetheless, knowing you earned it yourself. It happens in other aspects of the game as well. Say event companions and mounts. People probably hunt them mostly to complete collections, but nobody can really tell whether they bought theirs for 50k AD or actually farmed the event. So what? I don't care and I don't need something to show off. I know, that's enough.

On the other hand, people that don't find the Angel useful won't have any alternative to go to. Yes, you could buy those transmutes and Dyes but that's whatever. I'd probably just save the Ardents hoping that at some point something else will show up in the shop. What do those people have to "show" for their dedication?

Furthermore, I don't see why people shouldn't be making some ADs. The game is very grindy already and someone mentioned he's hoping to get a Perfect Vorpal and why not? I think a Perfect Enchant is a very fair yearly reward in example, even BoP.
    If botting was a real threat, you could make the 360+ rewards dependent on some things. Like having at least two campaigns finished or something like that. I think there are ways to find requirements that need actual playing time on the char and would exclude everybody that just logs in (or is botting nodes/enchants) and prays daily.
  • Options
    trouble#8887 trouble Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeah but in the end you guys will still be buying the Angel nonetheless, knowing you earned it yourself. It happens in other aspects of the game as well. Say event companions and mounts. People probably hunt them mostly to complete collections, but nobody can really tell whether they bought theirs for 50k AD or actually farmed the event. So what? I don't care and I don't need something to show off. I know, that's enough.

On the other hand, people that don't find the Angel useful won't have any alternative to go to. Yes, you could buy those transmutes and Dyes but that's whatever.

Furthermore, I don't see why people shouldn't be making some ADs. The game is very grindy already and someone mentioned he's hoping to get a Perfect Vorpal and why not? I think a Perfect Enchant is a very fair yearly reward in example, even BoP.
    If botting was a real threat, you could make the 360+ rewards dependent on some things. Like having at least two campaigns finished or something like that. I think there are ways to find requirements that need actual playing time on the char and would exclude everybody that just logs in (or is botting nodes/enchants) and prays daily.

I still wonder what their solution is about the people that spent their coins knowing that they can buy the angel later with AD. Those people assumed that they could get the angel without the coins, witch is a correct assumption, unlike the one that makes is "special" (since it was always BoE).
    I guess they "just have to wait another year"...
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    To be honest, that sucks, but happens all the time. Last example was the BoP bug on PVP gear from Dwarf King. Players spent serious money hoping for prices to skyrocket once Tenacity would hit the market (which actually was the case) and were left with salvage fodder.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Well the poll is phrased something like: "Do you want everyone to get 1000 free zen or do you not want 1000 free zen"

What do you think people will pick
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    To be honest, that sucks, but happens all the time. Last example was the BoP bug on PVP gear from Dwarf King. Players spent serious money hoping for prices to skyrocket once Tenacity would hit the market (which actually was the case) and were left with salvage fodder.

You gamble with investments like that. They took a chance and they lost.

The smart folks know the balance between taking a risk and holding ground. Knowledge of the market, hints and information regarding the future are a big thing.

I didn't invest in those because I saw hints that they weren't going to be worth my time. I instead put my money on some other stuff and I'm glad I did.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I'd probably just save the Ardents hoping that at some point something else will show up in the shop.

The problem is, im fairly sure you cant just wait for something better. The coins are capped at 360. As indicated by the tool tip. So you pretty much HAVE to spend them, or you give up collecting them.
This discussion has been closed.