test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Poll: Should Angel of Protection be bound on pickup when you redeem your Coins?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    trouble#8887 trouble Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well the poll is phrased something like: "Do you want everyone to get 1000 free zen or do you not want 1000 free zen"

What do you think people will pick
    You gamble with investments like that. They took a chance and they lost.

The smart folks know the balance between taking a risk and holding ground. Knowledge of the market, hints and information regarding the future are a big thing.

I didn't invest in those because I saw hints that they weren't going to be worth my time. I instead put my money on some other stuff and I'm glad I did.

No I don't think the poll is phrased like that, it wouldn't have give space to a discussion this long.
    You gamble with almost any investment. And as already stated, angels have already been sold, the "risk" was worth for the people who sold.
    From my knowledge, in most cases "the smart folks" analyze the situation and take risks, being conscious that they may have to adapt.
    Holding the ground may be a good strategy, but rarely the best.

Edit:
    It isn't really the case where a risk should be considered. It's more like a change of the rules after the race is over and the winner was decided.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You gamble with investments like that. They took a chance and they lost.

The smart folks know the balance between taking a risk and holding ground. Knowledge of the market, hints and information regarding the future are a big thing.

I didn't invest in those because I saw hints that they weren't going to be worth my time. I instead put my money on some other stuff and I'm glad I did.

Don't wanna delve into this too much because clearly OT, but these players actually won their bet, prices went up by +300-500% and they got screwed by a bug. But either way it doesn't really matter. Some changes (or bugs) will always benefit some individuals more than others and there's nothing you can do about it.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    The problem is, im fairly sure you cant just wait for something better. The coins are capped at 360. As indicated by the tool tip. So you pretty much HAVE to spend them, or you give up collecting them.

Great.....
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    The problem is, im fairly sure you cant just wait for something better. The coins are capped at 360. As indicated by the tool tip. So you pretty much HAVE to spend them, or you give up collecting them.

The coins are actually capped at 500 so you can save a little longer and hope that they do come out with more stuff, which would be kind of neat. However if they were to be BtA (BtC is an absolutely horrible thing to people who play more than 1 character), it should've been that way from the start, otherwise people will be left out and their plans can be messed up.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    seven7y wrote: »
    No I don't think the poll is phrased like that, it wouldn't have give space to a discussion this long.
    You gamble with almost any investment. And as already stated, angels have already been sold, the "risk" was worth for the people who sold.
    From my knowledge, in most cases "the smart folks" analyze the situation and take risks, being conscious that they may have to adapt.
    Holding the ground may be a good strategy, but rarely the best.

Edit:
    It isn't really the case where a risk should be considered. It's more like a change of the rules after the race is over and the winner was decided.

For the investments, I was not referring to the angels.

As for the poll, I believe it is phrased in that way. One option states (cannot trade it or move it) while the other one say you can do more with it.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    The coins are actually capped at 500 so you can save a little longer and hope that they do come out with more stuff, which would be kind of neat.

I stand corrected. I could of sworn I remember the tool tip saying 360 was the max. Either it changed at one point. Or I'm simply miss-remembering.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for all the valuable feedback! I've compiled the numbers and feedback and sent them to the developers. Currently, there are no plans to change how Angel of Protections work and we'll announce if they do change.
This discussion has been closed.