test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

gelatinous cube mount?

melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/3040323-now-available_-gelatinous-cube-mount
be6e6d97ef5e3b6cceb257a52e35bb341396363513.jpg
*NEW* Mount: Gelatinous Cube

These gentle slimy monsters were created by Ilcanorr of Luthcheq, a powerful wizard who originally created this creature to clean up after his dyed cat Menagerie. It turns out the Gelatinous Cube make a better mount than a maid, probably due to the slimy residue left behind it everywhere it goes.

The Gelatinous Cube is guaranteed to be the smoothest ride in all of Faerûn! Stepping inside the slimy monster might come at a cost; however we aren’t responsible for any damage done to armor, weapons, skin or internal organs. This rank 2 mount increases your movement speed by 80%.

In celebration of our April Fool’s Event, the Gelatinous Cube will be on Sale for 55% off for a limited time only!

april fools? :p
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    omgudied2omgudied2 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    HAHA yea its not available... :( maybe it will be tomorrow!
    A LONG TIME AGO... YADA YADA YADA DARTH VADER... JEDI
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The patch patched in texture fix for it so I'm guessing real , shame it's only 80% though .
    omgudied2 wrote: »
    HAHA yea its not available... :( maybe it will be tomorrow!

Goes on sale at the same time the event starts so a hour and 18 mins left.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    hahaha april fools!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    hmm... it may show up in the zen store around the same time the event happens. or somewhere in between.
  • Options
    drsconedrscone Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What sort of saddle does it come with? Cos I think that will be important....
    Tele Savalas, Dwarf Thaumaturge CW
    Putting the Buff into Debuff since 2013 \o/ (Does that even make sense)?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    drscone wrote: »
    What sort of saddle does it come with? Cos I think that will be important....

i think it must come with a TUMS saddle to reduce those stomach acids.
  • Options
    praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    FINALLY!!!

Can't wait for this to show up in the zen market, I wish it was purple so I didn't have to upgrade it, but I think it will definitely be worth it
  • Options
    drakesigardrakesigar Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    The Gelatinous Cube is everything I aspire to be in life.
    Check out Adventuring College! A 20 minute male-centric comedic solo adventure.
    Quest ID: NW-DPCZNUVQ7
  • Options
    hetz000hetz000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Cube has appeared in zen store but its not on discount, it is lvl 2 mount but its green not blue like other lvl 2 mounts.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    hetz000 wrote: »
    Cube has appeared in zen store but its not on discount, it is lvl 2 mount but its green not blue like other lvl 2 mounts.

Many green mounts are Rank II (Hellhound, Ghost Horse are just two examples). Don't let "rarity colors" fool you. In the case of mounts I think it has more to do with their price range than anything else (hence a purple is more rare than a green because fewer people will actually spend that money - just guessing) - in which case the Dusk Unicorn should be freakin' LEGENDARY ORANGE. LOL

In any case, at z1800: Ummm, no.
    No, not no but hell-no. LOL

EDIT UPDATE: Just got confirmation at Twitter from @Neverwintergame: they are working on getting the sale price of the G-Cube corrected in the Z-Store. So just a heads-up for anyone wanting to buy this thing.
  • Options
    radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited April 2014
    Got mine at 800Z.. :D *BLOB BLOB*
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    shadw2012 wrote: »
    Bought some zen just to get this, im loving it. It is a nice change up from my nightmare at the moment. We should get a cube brigade going, lol

Yeah lol , I wish they could stack on top of each other , we could build a wall across protectors enclave xD
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This thing is amazing. I don't know why, but I love it.

On a side note, it would be nice if Zen mounts at least could be upgraded at a lower AD cost as a sort of bonus. 2 mil isn't unaffordable, but it's still a little outrageous for upgrading what's essentially a cosmetic purchase to be equally as viable as mounts that most of us are already using.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    mittensofdoommittensofdoom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    radtatat wrote: »
    Got mine at 800Z.. :D *BLOB BLOB*

U mean 1800 zen right? Thats how much I bought mine for
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    I just spent 800 Zen, due to it being on a promotional sale, for mine.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    I just spent 800 Zen, due to it being on a promotional sale, for mine.

Same here. The mount is both disturbing and cool at the same time (I like the touch where my bow, blades, potions, etc. are all scattered throughout the cube), in other words, perfect. Kudos to the devs for the attention to detail.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It is truly amazing that we get the Gelatinous Cube Mount and the Respen's Event. They would easily qualify for just a regular April Fool's joke where we don't get either one. Now if we can only get the Dragon race. A Dragon Trickster Rogue would be fun.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    tourage16 wrote: »
    So, what do you guys think about the new mount?
    . . . I love it! It's not something I'm going to use all the time on all my characters. It might be a main mount for one of them though. I do love it's graphics, sounds, effects and animations!

. . . I think it only breaks immersion of you let it. There's plenty of avenues for lore reasons on why a person might have such a mount and only those that cannot fathom such would find it immersion breaking. For my main wizard, his reasoning is that it is an illusionary spell and not an actual gelatinous cube. Which, if you think about it, is actually the opposite of immersion breaking. It actually creates an avenue for immersion.

Moderator Notice: Merged poll into this thread and removed the poll closing date.
  • Options
    qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My favorite. Though 20v20 of these would be kind of weird.

Oh rwrite this down for an event Cryptic: All 20v20 mounts changed to gelatinous cubes for a day -=)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    hustin1 wrote: »
    Same here. The mount is both disturbing and cool at the same time (I like the touch where my bow, blades, potions, etc. are all scattered throughout the cube), in other words, perfect. Kudos to the devs for the attention to detail.
    . . . Yeah, the items inside are class specific. For my mage, there are potions and scrolls inside it. Too cool!
  • Options
    erikiki1erikiki1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2014

i got mine for 800 :D
  • Options
    silentraven72silentraven72 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Even though I already have a rank 3 mount, I just had to have this one! So did my brother. At one point, there was us, and a third, all pressing the space bar, and jiggling like crazy! Best laugh I've had in a while! :) Thanks Cryptic!
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not bothered that its 80%,i've got 110% anyway,it's all about the fun factor and getting it less than half price !!!

Bargain ;)
  • Options
    mittensofdoommittensofdoom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wait so it went on sale AFTER I bought it? I thought it was the sale price D:

Think I should see if I can get my 1k zen back?
  • Options
    alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Considering the higher price was an error on Cryptic's part, you should definitely file a ticket. The worst they can say is "no, your Zen is ours now, so go away."

As far as purchasing Zen mounts though, maybe they should have some kind of option when purchasing that lets you choose the speed you want it to go at and changes the Zen cost accordingly.
  • Options
    drowbynightdrowbynight Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2014

I was constantly checking the zen store for the gelatinous cube mount after the patch. I believe it was only available after 40mins-1hour after the patch? I bought it within the first 5mins that it was put on zen store for 800z. I doubt it was ever set at 1800z. When did you buy it?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I was constantly checking the zen store for the gelatinous cube mount after the patch. I believe it was only available after 40mins-1hour after the patch? I bought it within the first 5mins that it was put on zen store for 800z. I doubt it was ever set at 1800z. When did you buy it?

Yes it was priced incorrectly for a little while after it went in the zen store but they fixed it quickly.

Put a ticket in , I'd be very surprised if they wont refund the extra 1k you spent , after all it was their mistake.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

. . . PWE is actually very good as replacing lost Zen and Astral Diamonds when the fault is their own (IE Bugs, etc.). I would actually be surpirsed also if they didn't reimburse you your 1000 Zen. Although, if they do, it will be most likely be bound to Neverwinter.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . Yeah, the items inside are class specific. For my mage, there are potions and scrolls inside it. Too cool!

Other than your weapon, I don't think the items are class specific. I get scrolls and potions on my TR and GWF as well.