test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cloak Tower Door Bug

barefootjustinbarefootjustin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Directly after the maze in the CT, the door won't open.

Have tried several party run throughs' and same problem.

Seems to be only as of the recent patch.

Help
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by barefootjustin on

Comments

• Options
    rheeparkrheepark Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yep, cloak tower wall not comming down bug to fight last boss bug is every dungeon i tried today.
  • Options
    marevayavemarevayave Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am newly returned to NWO and so I am playing catch-up here... I'm inside Cloak Tower with 3 other players. At first I thought that without the 5th member we simply can't proceed. Is that true? Or have we simply encountered this bug? We walked a ways into the dungeon and encountered a wall. The sparkling path dead-ended into it. Is this wall supposed to come down even without a full group?
    Lyneia Darwulf@marevayave - 60 Trickster Rogue - Dragon
  • Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Currently in the Cloak Tower at the moment and the door to get to Vansi Bloodscar is not opening. It says Click to interact, opens a bit, then closes and the interaction sparkles do not respawn. So it is still bugged.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • Options
    rogerdtaterogerdtate Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Our guild just ran Cloak tower as well, same result.
    The door starts to go up but closes and will not move after.
  • Options
    robynofryerobynofrye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We had the problem too. Only that it wouldnt open at all for us (was in with 2 Guild buddies). We even left the dungeon and entered again, same thing.
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Door was bugged for me as well. just wouldn't open. party had 2 CW, 2 TR and a DC if that helps
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    Yep. Our developers are looking into it. Sorry about that.
  • Options
    marevayavemarevayave Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is there any ETA or workaround for groups who encounter this bug?

I formed a 5-man without the queue and we entered through the door on the landscape. It places us at the REAL start of the dungeon and everyone went smoothly until we reached this same spot again. The wall/door simply will not go up. I submitted a ticket and received no response. Are we genuinely stuck with no alternative but to leave and just not run the Cloak Tower?
    Lyneia Darwulf@marevayave - 60 Trickster Rogue - Dragon
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    same here was in 2 bugged queues and a manual team we scoured everything had all flowers all crystals
  • Options
    ziqn3zzziqn3zz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So, the patch that came out on 03/27/2014 was supposed to have fixed this issue. However, it actually made it worse. Before the patch this happened randomly. Now, it's a permanent bug. So many new players start this game daily and this is not a good way to keep a player base when we can't even finish the first dungeon due to a game breaking bug. After doing some research, this bug has apparently been around since beta. Maybe the devs should redo that wall to a different type of door or even remove it completely to resolve this issue.
  • Options
    refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The queue system for the very first daily dungeon - THE VERY FIRST - has been broken since the beginning.

We had to team up, go to the door and "enter with my current team". Otherwise, we were scattered all over an empty dungeon and the melting wall refuses to melt.

Checking the forums, this dungeon has been bugged for at least a year.

Since the last patch, it is broken even more. Now, the wall still refuses to melt and we cannot proceed to the Boss and have to leave the party to get out, which means the last to leave is stuck and has to walk out.

So now, not only is the queue bugged but the door is bugged as well.

The latest patch made it WORSE as this is a permanent feature for EVERY party, whatever method they use to get into the place.

My most recent character has spent THREE DAYS and risen by two levels just trying to finish the Cloak Tower.

~
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Suggestion: like in the other MMORPGs, let the dungeons have several paths. Or let the dwarf race equip a pickaxe and make holes in walls.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    The queue system for the very first daily dungeon - THE VERY FIRST - has been broken since the beginning.

We had to team up, go to the door and "enter with my current team". Otherwise, we were scattered all over an empty dungeon and the melting wall refuses to melt.

Checking the forums, this dungeon has been bugged for at least a year.

Since the last patch, it is broken even more. Now, the wall still refuses to melt and we cannot proceed to the Boss and have to leave the party to get out, which means the last to leave is stuck and has to walk out.

So now, not only is the queue bugged but the door is bugged as well.

The latest patch made it WORSE as this is a permanent feature for EVERY party, whatever method they use to get into the place.

My most recent character has spent THREE DAYS and risen by two levels just trying to finish the Cloak Tower.

~

Yep, it has been broken on and off at least since beta. It gives an incredibly poor (though not misleading) impression of the game, that the first dungeon is just too broken to complete, much of the time.

Given that it has been "fixed" so many times to no avail, I do wonder why the guys at Cryptic don't just cut their losses and remove that particular door. Yes, it means that people might be able to camp fire rush a bit of the middle of the dungeon, but goodness me people, it's The Cloak Tower- not a huge loot piñata at the best of times.

It is the first dungeon of the game. It doesn't work. I was levelling an alt at the weekend, and tried to do this dungeon to break up the tedium- and guess what? Every single group that the queue dumped me in (remarkably quickly) was an incomplete group in an almost empty but unfinished instance. People could waste ages running from the spawn to find the rest of the (non-speaking) group, just to find that it's broken and they would have been better off not bothering.

It should be fixed, as it just looks pants right now. If multiple attempts to make this door work didn't do the job, it's time to design it out of the dungeon.
  • Options
    fgreyspearfgreyspear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 472 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I request a hotfix for this. It is currently impossible to finish the Cloak Tower with so many players running into the bug and the queue sending players into broken parties again and again. Players often don't understand what it is that is stopping them and they just stand at the wall for minutes until somebody explains it to them. Some even don't speak English ...

Make this urgent, please.
    Stay frosty.
  • Options
    wavecannonwavecannon Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Come on Cryptic: Get this fixed with a hotfix asap.
  • Options
    astropanda1astropanda1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Cryptic really has to fix this bug. I was in 3 runs and all of em, there was one dumb person that didn't listen and even though there is already a person opening the door, he/she still goes to open it. My god this is not grade school, this is not rocket science if you see one person at the door, it'll still open, you don't 2 people to open an actual door. 3 dungeon runs ruined by a bug and a very stupid person.
  • Options
    mablus25mablus25 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This bug is getting annoying and I hope yea devs can fix the problem.
  • Options
    astropanda1astropanda1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ok there needs to be a fix, I just wasted 3 DDs because of dumb people that don't listen or are too dumb to understand the sentence, "ONE person only on door" I have ran CT 9 times and right before the boss, there is always "one" dumb person that goes up to the door while someone is already opening it and bugs the dungeon, making it a waste of time, also leaving a broken dungeon open. There has to be a fix right away, because I've found out there are a lot of brainless people that don't understand the number "ONE".
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lewel555 wrote: »
    Or let the dwarf race equip a pickaxe and make holes in walls.

...because other races don't know how to use a pickaxe? :P
  • Options
    rheeparkrheepark Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Lol this is still broken? Hilarity.
  • Options
    phr3dx13phr3dx13 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This Bug is still happening. PWE, wtf is taking so long figuring out a simple melting door?
  • Options
    fireandice00fireandice00 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    this is still bugged
  • Options
    ygyhuuygyhuu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Remove the door for now.
  • Options
    zillahlinaszillahlinas Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ygyhuu wrote: »
    Remove the door for now.

I got tired waiting for a party to form and didn't know about the bug so I decided to try it solo. So there was only one person doing everything and it was still broken. I agree the illusionary wall/real wall swap is broken, I've seen the same problem getting the conditionals debugged in the Foundry when the test isn't fully functional for object flags. I'd suggest removing the two objects that are broken and putting in clean new ones. Demonstrating the coolness in dissolving walls, isn't as imposrtant as having the final boss blocked.
  • Options
    vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've been waiting for a door fix with my new GWF and HR characters and am sitting on them now at level 18. I've also lured my sister into playing the game and she is ready for the Tower District, It would be nice if she could experience her first dungeon as intended.

Alleged work arounds and rumours:

- Only Lv12-22 CT is broken , Epic CT is fine
    - Using the Queue to enter breaks the door, entering manually works
    - The door will open if ONLY one player tries to activate it

Are any of these statements correct?
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I now have 3 alts I am leveling up, sitting at level 19 and just waiting to run through CT.

Now, personally I can wait...but the reason this should be a very high priority fix is that for a new player, this will be their fiirst dungeon experience, and it will be extremely discouraging....your player base is not that huge - you really don't want to lose any of the brand new players because of something like this.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    roller300roller300 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    epic cloak tower is also affected. today i went in with a premade group. when we got to that door, i activated. the door raised halfway then "immediately dropped/closed." we were unable to proceed from that point ...
  • Options
    andreh1andreh1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    :(
    Please fix this bug fast, it's my first dungeon and I really wanna finish it :(
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    97 bugs in the code...97 bugs in the code...

Comes Cryptic's patch
    Content and Environment
    The Cloak Tower stone door will now properly open in all cases.

98 bugs in the code...98 bugs in the code...
  • Options
    bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    On a related issue,

Some players that are in a guild that have a daily limited withdraw limit are now permanently receiving the withdraw limit bug.
    "You have already reached your withdraw limit"
    Once the message is received the player can never withdraw items or gold from that guild bank again, it is permanent.