What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Curse of Icewind Dale Preview Patch Notes NW.15.20140314a.5

Comments

• Options
    bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I haven't said i need 5 cw parties, i don't even like them, and i do agree that most of the time the 3rd CW has nothing to do.
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    After looking at the screenshot, its from the livestream video. You can see the people on the bottom left corner.

Oh, ok. I was wondering since it is now saying "The server is unavailable at this time.". At least it isn't something on my end then, hopefully the preview server goes up soon.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I can't even finish patching for some reason. It seemed like it finished it, but got some error, some file couldn't be accessed, so i restarted and now it restarted downloading the patch.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There is no need to control things when they are dead. And that is not the reason people run multiple CWs, and if you NEED more than 2 CWs in a party, you're terrible.

Not if you do CN :D. A lot of decent players need 3 CW to do that safely. Apart from that the other dungeons aren't that picky.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Wow , major overhaul of the graphics options , nice .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    sharn70sharn70 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    patching done , but no server...
  • Options
    erynloreerynlore Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sharn70 wrote: »
    patching done , but no server...
    Same, not sure if this is for all of us
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    erynlore wrote: »
    Same, not sure if this is for all of us

It should be up anytime after 2.30 PST if all goes well according to the games producer. I dunno if he is taking daylight savings into account though.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    did u guys even read they nicely wrote servers should be up after 2:35 if all goes well
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    did u guys even read they nicely wrote servers should be up after 2:35 if all goes well

That wasn't up when I checked earlier. Now I see it though, nice.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    beccab77beccab77 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Interested to see how these changes will affect game play. And the PVP sounds like so much fun!
  • Options
    bulletdancerbulletdancer Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    why the requirement for 2 lvl 60's characters on an account?
  • Options
    proqludumproqludum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited March 2014
    Server is online it seems.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    But alas more hair options, yay! Happy happy joy joy.

So... I read every post up to this one (#66) and by #65 was getting bored... This is totally my quote of the day.

:)
  • Options
    sicxs666sicxs666 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    HAHAHA YOU CANT BE SERIOUS

Cycle of Change: Death Buff
    Punishing Light: ~ 1k per tick without Buff

at 3 stacks of the Death Buff
    ~3k Damage for the first tick, than its removed! and ticks with 1k

best ulti feat in-game

GG WP
  • Options
    xariamaxariama Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So where's my Cryshal Tirith? :p

(yes, I'm kidding)
    Kelvar Lo'Zakven, 70 Drow Elf Ranger

"Don't underestimate your foe. If you do, you're probably dead." - Kelvar, to Torrence the Strong
  • Options
    horebehorebe Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    So is it the end of sentinels GWFs with the HP all the way?
    Everyboy will need to respec and the destroyer spec and the vorpal will not be the VORPAL anymore (for GWF at least)?
    Is that so?
  • Options
    edgethemcedgethemc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So, all I've read so far (and I read around 6 pages) was "PvP, PvP, PvP"...

For a while now, they have been nerfing a lot the TR, to the point that its a useless class either for PvP or PvE.

I have a Ranger and a Rogue, so... Split Shot nerf I understand, it is more than welcome, It was doing waay too much damage. But seriously, PotB? You Serious? Nerfing a dang Useless move is just too much. So, SE is no longer what the tooltip says, and Impact Shot is no longer what the tooltip says (its the opposite), so... what else is there to nerf on the Rogue? Stealth? LOL

People here need to understand that this game is not only PvP, and I do both, and I enjoy both, but these nerfs are killing the classes.

If they fixed what was broken instead of just hitting the class with a nerf just because people ***** out this or that class is OP in PvP, this game would be much more balanced...

I mean, changes to Deep Gash on GWFs I understand, but from what I've seen, there will be no "Hybrid DPS Builds" anymore... Either you go Destroyer, or dont go DPS at all... :/

You're Killing the classes... Next class to be nerfed will be CWs... and rogues will be nerfed again, along the way... mark my words...
  • Options
    kirah666kirah666 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Changing the words on righteouss tooltip doesn't change the fact that in pvp we cant survive anymore, we DCs became target dummys. The damage increase on allys is tiny. This were the changes your were promising before for DCs? thats all?
    And about the part that says that now feats and power bases are getting the penalty worries me... will the healing feats be afected? will forgemaster's be afected? And also this will affect pve too! You are killing the class imho...
  • Options
    kuyabaykuyabay Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2014
    howdyyeow wrote: »
    Then to heck with it, remove the Retraining Token and introduce a Stat Reset token, since feats and boons can just be respecced using the AD option.

If everyone gets all the Powers that easily, then what's the point?

You're complaining about having more options? A little sun every now and then may do you good.
  • Options
    dr132dr132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    horebe wrote: »
    So is it the end of sentinels GWFs with the HP all the way?
    Everyboy will need to respec and the destroyer spec and the vorpal will not be the VORPAL anymore (for GWF at least)?
    Is that so?

sentinels will be just fine, they'll be hard to kill still and still do decent damage. they will just have to give up some tankiness for dps and vice versa which is the way it should be and should always have been. sentinels will still be able to hit plenty hard for pvp and in pve they shouldn't be worried about damage anyway, that's a destroyers job and those builds should work out just fine in their element as well.

all in all, after playing around the preview server, the new stuff is pretty decent IMO. the power rework is very nice, it appears that it will definitely be a more effective stat and it seems to stack very nicely with a little testing. Open world PvP zone will turn into a big zerg fest that could prove to be a lot of fun or very frustrating depending on how many people are there on either side. luckily, if you're alone or your side is outnumbered it looks like it will be very easy to avoid. all in all, new stuff to do is good and just in time for me as lately i've just been killing time when i log on.
  • Options
    ramenspaderamenspade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Has anyone seen the new pet runestones being sold on the Zen Shop? it gives 260 power+ 260 defense on ANY pet slot. That's the first double stat runestone i've ever seen. And it's being sold for 1200 zen over at the zen shop.
  • Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I like the landscape. The new enemies are cool, although some can be a bit rough. The PvP area is easily avoided if that is your wish. There is lots to explore while looking for nodes to mine although there some quests you have to complete before you can start shaping the Black Ice stuff. I really didn't worry about any of that as I just wanted to explore the map and see what kind of mischief I could get myself into. Even let myself get 'flagged' for PVP which was fun for a minute or so. Not so many people were on and most were doing what I was, exploring the new area. Saw a couple people playing around though.

All in all it seems like its going to fun and challenging. The landscape is nicely done, the settings panel got a nice update, and I got some really weird looking new peasant clothes! Mailbox in the town is a plus, there is also a salvage station for the new gear that is dropped by some of the tougher enemy groups. The new gear is pretty beasty too.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2014
    ramenspade wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the new pet runestones being sold on the Zen Shop? it gives 260 power+ 260 defense on ANY pet slot. That's the first double stat runestone i've ever seen. And it's being sold for 1200 zen over at the zen shop.

I suppose there's going to be all sorts of new ways for Cryptic to capitalize on the players willing to spend absurd amounts of money for correspondingly absurd amounts of power using their pets in pvp.
  • Options
    elveluxinelveluxin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I just wonder one thing.

I now struggle with my sentinel GWF in PVE to gain aggro and be able to act as a guardian. My damage is lower than CW´s and HR´s and my threat generation feats don´t work at all. My only chance is to grab an elite guy and focus 100% on him so at least i gain 1 mob aggro (what a great guardian, BTW).

If after this patch I will make even less damage (CW doing 3 x my damage doesn´t seem do be enougth for a cc class). How am I supposed to do my "Sentinel work"?

I think monsters will attack CWs and HRs even more than now. I think I will be like a little dog running after monsters trying do get aggro with no chance of getting it until CW and HR are death.
  • Options
    laichin1979laichin1979 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 50
    edited March 2014
    elveluxin wrote: »
    I just wonder one thing.

I now struggle with my sentinel GWF in PVE to gain aggro and be able to act as a guardian. My damage is lower than CW´s and HR´s and my threat generation feats don´t work at all. My only chance is to grab an elite guy and focus 100% on him so at least i gain 1 mob aggro (what a great guardian, BTW).

If after this patch I will make even less damage (CW doing 3 x my damage doesn´t seem do be enougth for a cc class). How am I supposed to do my "Sentinel work"?

I think monsters will attack CWs and HRs even more than now. I think I will be like a little dog running after monsters trying do get aggro with no chance of getting it until CW and HR are death.

Welcome back GFs!!! Stop complaining that you are not OP anymore.

Finally a reason to take a GF in your group again. It should be quite normal that a sentinel GWF can't tank as well as a GF. Though I think bit more dps would not go amiss.
  • Options
    elveluxinelveluxin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Welcome back GFs!!! Stop complaining that you are not OP anymore.

Finally a reason to take a GF in your group again. It should be quite normal that a sentinel GWF can't tank as well as a GF. Though I think bit more dps would not go amiss.

Thanks for your constructive input. A pleasure to have a smart talk.

The sentinel path seems to be intended to work as a tank, but even if you invest a lot of feat points in those threat generation feats like "Intimidation", "Grudge style" and "Defiance" you only can contest aggro with DC... any other class (with similar GS) generates more threat than you.

I´m not telling that we have to be as good tanks as GF´s are. But we can´t even gain aggro from an enemy that is running after a HR.

If we (sentinels intended to be sentinels, not deep gasp abuse people) are getting less dps I think our PVE experience isn´t going to be much funny. Hopefully we will get some more threat generation from some source to compensate the damage lost, or at least a free retraining token to build a "same as all" GWF.
  • Options
    laichin1979laichin1979 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 50
    edited March 2014
    I see your point. Apologies, was jumping to conclusions bit too quicly.

This was my frustration with GFs crappyness taking over. I do think GFs should be the better tank, but GWFs should be able to generate enough threat to attract at least part of the mobs if not quite all mobs like a GF should be able to. And dps should be higher than a tank GF.

Sentinels were OP, but now seem to have been brought back down again, maybe bit too far.
  • Options
    sanesjkasanesjka Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    janzik wrote: »
    So, as a ranger, I must say... split shot 45% dmg reduction??? anyone ever heard of BALANCE? you dont just yank the slider down half way when you are making adjustments.... that is the most common OVER CORRECTION! wake up!

Every HR is abusing Split shot and Fox right now on Live... The damage reduction is sorely needed.
This discussion has been closed.