test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Curse of Icewind Dale Preview Patch Notes NW.15.20140314a.5

Comments

• vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    HR's should be happy that Split Shot is getting nerfed, the amount of dps this attack did aggro'd every mob hit by this. One of the biggest reasons they are not wanted in Dungeons. Especially since the HR pretty much dodge all the time cause they are squishy and mobs are scattered everywhere. Even bosses get aggro'd by this attack, so when your pugging with a HR, big chance it's not a exp one and ruin your run.

In PvP it was bit ridicilous, if you target 3 4 enemy players you can deal massive dps. My 2nd "main" is a HR, HR's are still very good if they know what they should do (in PvP at least). Especially single target dps it can deal.
    signature-lili.png
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    • Devoted Cleric
      • Righteousness: This power has been reworked to now provide a healing bonus of 70% to allies. Cleric Feats and Powers now heal by about 40% less than they previously did but overall still heal allies about 10% more than they previously did.

I was so excited for the next module until I got to this.

So, basically, nothing has changed except the phrasing. 10% more healing -- 2.5% per each ally, yes? -- is nothing to feel grateful for. It makes me wonder, though, why us clerics are always getting shafted. Is it because we are too polite, or because DC isn't a class popular enough for our wishes to matter at all?

Perhaps rephrasing the self debuff makes it sound better in the ears of newer players, but I'm finding myself completely disheartened -- again.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    They can't keep doing content intended for fresh level 60 characters forever.

Who said anything about focusing on "fresh level 60" characters?
    If I want to go in and get stomped on, that's my own risk -- stop protecting me from myself.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Regarding KC: Yes, it's better than the T2 sets for group play (for solo it's not even close), but it's not that KC is so good but rather that High General has a 60 seconds ICD and is useless. No other T2 has this limitation (DC sets have 45 seconds outside MH though, which is why both, surprise here, are not being used)
  • bulletdancerbulletdancer Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    vverg wrote: »
    HR's should be happy that Split Shot is getting nerfed, the amount of dps this attack did aggro'd every mob hit by this. One of the biggest reasons they are not wanted in Dungeons. Especially since the HR pretty much dodge all the time cause they are squishy and mobs are scattered everywhere. Even bosses get aggro'd by this attack, so when your pugging with a HR, big chance it's not a exp one and ruin your run.

In PvP it was bit ridicilous, if you target 3 4 enemy players you can deal massive dps. My 2nd "main" is a HR, HR's are still very good if they know what they should do (in PvP at least). Especially single target dps it can deal.

not really true at all, HR's damage output is from split shot, and we are a striker class; cw's(control) and gwf's(off-tank hybrid) both outdamges. yet they have more cc, and more survialbility. do NOT look at this from a PVP perspective, its a PVE game yet once again, pvp balance tactics are gonna ruin a pver's game.
    really feeling shafted, and lied to at this point. so much for this being a pve game.
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    vverg wrote: »

This is a very sad comment. If HR are aggroing too many mobs with splitshot then need to focus it down to a narrower aim and attack from the right direction. No other ability comes close to it in dmg and this is because all the rest have subaverage dmg output. Even single taget splitshot is 3x better then "rapid" shot, and it fires faster. I tried rapid shot and electic shot, electric does less dmg then a melee attack and is slower, rapid is only average speed and not much dmg. None of the other HR abilites so any kind of respectable dmg. If the HR is dodging all over just let them run. Don't bother to chase them down unless they are the last enemies in the area. At which point the CW can normally control them. If the mobs are after the HR they are not going to be scattered, they are going to be headed/following the HR. They will be converging on one point, unless you have two HR in the team and both are running on opposite directions doing max wide scattershots..then you have other problems.

And the result of doing massive dmg in pvp on several targets? As soon as you spawn and anyone on the other team sees you they ignore anyone they are fighting and beat you to death. Normally CW or GWF with prone/disable abilites that hold you till you are dead. I've literally lasted 5 seconds after spawn a couple of times because they were watching for me. And only single target dps that we do that is noticable through all the DR that enemies have is aimshot. Too bad it takes forever to charge up and gets canceled by any kind of dmg or if the target goes behind something while you are doing so.

If the changes go in I'll probably play my HR long enough to unlock the HR artifact then not bother with it again.
  • dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    WTG Devs.. You've officially killed the HR's one main DPS we have.. Bad enough HR's are barely welcome into Epic Dungeons to defeat the near impossible odds of some bosses, now you've practically taken them off the List.
    and the split the sky? 30% reduction as well? yet another dagger in the back of the HR.. You've given many players like me who are now forced to fight even harder for a spot.. Total Extreme super nerf bat to the head of the HR..
    You've just successfully decided to cause many players to possibly quit playing this class or even worse Quit the game all 2gether... Hope you enjoy your losses, because if these reductions arent fixed, I like probably 100's of other players who had faith in this Newborn game, will be leaving and go back to other MMO's who actually believe in balanced gameplay.
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    The change to splitshot looks like its being done by someone that was not around for when HR were created. They looked at the dmg of the powers without understanding how the class works, saw that this 1 at-will had much higher dmg then the rest of the powers and decided that it obviously had to be reduced to be about the same at the other powers the class gets.

The dev reporting on Fox shift thought it granted CC immunity after all, when it didn't. They looked at the description and decided that the power needed to be weakened because of an ability that none of the HR knew about that it was supposed to have but didn't because of a bug. The first that HR heard about Fox Shift making people immune to CC was when the dev posted "well the dmg is too high a burst with its CC immunity".
    edited March 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    This was originally going to be up today however our attention is focused on more pressing matters for the time being. I will update when we have a solid date for this to go to Preview.

Please direct any specific feedback or comments about features in the appropriate "Official Feedback Thread" in this sub forum here:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?1211-NeverwinterPreview-Feedback-General-Discussion

Is it me or do i not see a HR stormwarden changes "official Feedback" thread? Theres one for for the GWFS and all the rest of the Mod 3 content..
    Bad enough you force the players who play the HR's to suffer with the changes that are coming, but not willing to see how bad your going to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off alot of players because of the changes.. you have just created ALOT of offended HR players that may result in the loss of 100's of players that will most likely stop playing Neverwinter, stop investing money into the game, or play different classes because its tough enough to find parties that want HR's as is.. GL and Nice to know ya.. if these Nerfs arent soon Unnerfed or readjusted, I'm not going to sink another dime into this game, uninstall and write this game off. hope you enjoy the $100's i've invested into my HR, because thats the last you will get from me.
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    When on my HR, I only use Split Shot as an attention getter while doing solo content, maybe you can call it pre-damaging, or softening enemies up for my switch to melee to finish them off. The damage reduction will not change this as Split Shot is just a tool of many.
    The point is that HR's have more to them than Split Shot, but it is this one At-Will that has given them a bad reputation, and even if you are one of the "good" HR's, your going to be grouped with the bad.
    Split Shot created a crutch. I've seen rangers dash/dodge/Marauders all over a map just trying to get 3 little insignificant Powries within the Split Shot cone!
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • alexninja86alexninja86 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Split Shot damage has been reduced by about 45%.
    Trickster Rogue
    Path of the Blade is now able to crit but damage has been reduced by 30%. you are KIDDING ME?!?!?!!
  • stev2510stev2510 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    When is this patch coming out:confused:
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    stev2510 wrote: »

I'm wondering that as well.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    stev2510 wrote: »

It was supposed to be released last night but for obvious reasons it couldn't be so panderus updated the second post in this thread and said he will give us a new date whenever he can , I don't think they work weekends so Maybe Monday or Tuesday?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Can you tell us when the icewind dale patch is going up next week? Mon, tues wed?
  • yourtormentyourtorment Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My question is WHY is there no mention or fix for the known issue of ARMOR PEN not working for 90% of CW spells
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    My question is WHY is there no mention or fix for the known issue of ARMOR PEN not working for 90% of CW spells

If that's all you're concerned about, then you have your eyes wide shut friend. CW's are making out like bandits in this patch, as they are now the only viable character class for PvE. ArP being glitchy or not should be the least of our problems given that CW's back is now firmly against the wall.

I would brace for sweeping nerfs instead of holding out for some ArP fix in future patches.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    spacejew wrote: »

I would brace for sweeping nerfs instead of holding out for some ArP fix in future patches.

Yea, I'm not going to happy with having my CW nerfed. But there is like NOTHING mentioned about them in this patch. The absence if any changes at all. Pretty much means they are probably going to get hammered shorty.
    edited March 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Yea, I'm not going to happy with having my CW nerfed. But there is like NOTHING mentioned about them in this patch. The absence if any changes at all. Pretty much means they are probably going to get hammered shorty.

The Furious Immolation buff is not a buff. It's not even a change. No one really seriously uses Furious Immolation as it is, so changing it is incredibly minor and niche. It appears that with the numbers listed it will likely do exactly the same overall damage as well. So, whoopie? It's like buffing a terrible ability to make it exactly the same through a different mechanic. I'm supposed to be happy about a daily having an 8 target limit compared to infinite or 15? Yeah right. Higher target cap = more damage, and that's just sad for a primarily damage dealing daily when it's out damaged by control dailies.

What this means, given the wide ranging and sweeping nerfs to GWF and HR, is that either CW's are getting massively nerfed next or are working as intended. Given that Cryptic can not be ignorant of what the most popular meta is for their own game, I can only imagine they are aware of the fact that CW is all anyone really wants and intends to either do something about it or let the game die with the changes listed for the long term.

One of those options is profitable, the other is not. I know what I would bet on.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • jiblowjiblow Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Please raise the level cap. I enjoy this game, but will be leaving upon the release of this PvP/Nerf module if the level cap is not increased. Everquest rasied level cap by 5 with every expansion.... why keep the game capped at 60? is there one good reason for this? not every body loves pvp.
  • bulletdancerbulletdancer Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jiblow wrote: »
    Please raise the level cap. I enjoy this game, but will be leaving upon the release of this PvP/Nerf module if the level cap is not increased. Everquest rasied level cap by 5 with every expansion.... why keep the game capped at 60? is there one good reason for this? not every body loves pvp.

i do not think the give a rats about PVE anymore.
    these changes, nerfs are from PVP balance.
    so once again PVP, comes in and ruins ANOTHER mmo.
    never mix pve, and pvp mechanics, never let pvp balance pve, yet, they do time and again, just ruins the game and chases pve players away.
    edited March 2014
    It's pretty much over, I'll be surprised if I still have Neverwinter installed in a week just after seeing what's planned. I quit after Gauntlegrym was introduced as well. Maybe Module 4 will be better.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Mind you those were paid expansions and came out every 12 to 24 months instead of every 3 or 4.

And its pretty clear that the boon system and the new ability to convert level 60 xp into power points, is going to be the only end game. The level cap isnt going to raise anytime soon. Lateral advancement of powers rather then advancement of levels. I personally prefer that to having to toss all my gear in the trash simply because it got left behind with each new addition.
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dr132 wrote: »
    ^ if they feel like they have to nerf the damage then they should also increase the target cap like they did with frontline surge. i don't see it as a highly overpowered attack that's in need of a complete nerf so they should do something to keep it useful. a 45% damage reduction is huge and i don't understand how such a drastic nerf seems necessary.

I agree that 45% is absolutely huge! Split shot is a bread and butter skill for HRs and to reduce it by that high of percentage is a really big hit. I would hope that the reduction is lessened.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Mind you those were paid expansions and came out every 12 to 24 months instead of every 3 or 4.

And its pretty clear that the boon system and the new ability to convert level 60 xp into power points, is going to be the only end game. The level cap isnt going to raise anytime soon. Lateral advancement of powers rather then advancement of levels. I personally prefer that to having to toss all my gear in the trash simply because it got left behind with each new addition.

I have to agree with this. Boons, ways to unlock more skill points, and new varieties of top-end gear add a way to progress your character without having to abandon everything else you've worked on acquiring for them.

I would love to see something like a whole 2nd build become available, or other perks like being able to transform yourself into some other creature for a short period of time...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • elusiveonen7elusiveonen7 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well I had a good run with HR, time to move onto another class, or game. Not sure which yet.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Umm... they have raised the "level cap" -- it goes:

1-59
    60 tier 1
    60 tier 2
    60 tier 3

...Or do you require sequential "numerical" levels for some reason?
  • sho3tersho3ter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    -Do you plan to find a solution like implementing a paying option to transfer characters from one account to another ?

At the beginning of Neverwinter Online, we had 3 known live servers (Mind flayer, Beholder and Dragon) which divided communities and forced some to make new accounts because they couldn't or didn't wanted to pay for character slot expansion to play on different servers for specifics reasons. Some others had to make a second account for gold transferts because we still can't do this via mailing.

Besides that, you're adding more and more content that are bind on account rather than bind on character. I won't talk about leftover accounts given to other people who keep playing this game, it's my case and i assume it but i also check all the reason i mentionned above.

I'm saying that because you are about to make a content that will be available only for people who could stick to an unique account. So basically, every others are screwed because they'll have to either pass on this content or they'll have to make totally unneeded characters, thus requiring up to 1 week for leveling and 3 others to get requirements.

I understand this kind of venture is very dangerous regarding its bad sides but a good majority shouldn't suffer from a bad minority.

But about the rest, i'm pretty impatient to try this out ! A lot of curiousity as always with upcoming modules. :)

edit : about the level cap, i guess they want to fit the classical form of D&D which was initially lv15 for paragon and 30 for hero, iirc. Also added some forgotten words, lulz.
    edited March 2014
    i do not think the give a rats about PVE anymore.
    these changes, nerfs are from PVP balance.
    so once again PVP, comes in and ruins ANOTHER mmo.
    never mix pve, and pvp mechanics, never let pvp balance pve, yet, they do time and again, just ruins the game and chases pve players away.

AGREED AND +1'd
    IF this is one of the primary reasons for the Insane Oversized Nerf bat to the lower region of the HR class, then who knows whats next to come? Same bat to all the classes?? this is how it all starts..

This first overkill nerf is just the beginning.. next HR's will be so easily killed and or even less wanted in PVE's and PVPs that they will start Beating down the rest of the classes trying to compensate for this Massive First Blow.. I hated typing that but it will come and Neverwinter will begin to feel the decline of players and join the other MMO's that have fallen into the expansive Abyss.

If this is truly what you want PWE to have this happen well looks like my bankroll has just been severed from your game.. time to go F2P or move on.. that will be the decision of all who see this as the beginning of the end of Neverwinter.
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • luthandroseluthandrose Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Great class balance changes overall. One question remains, what about TR (permastealth)...?.

I'm wondering if this will be addressed also, permastealth builds in an Open PvP zone will ruin the experience for a lot of people. So, you can't see them, target them, or do anything while they DPS you down and build up AP for that OP skill SE. I would like to hear from a Dev if this is being looked into at least.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.