What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Pathfinder info just posted in the Dev Forums

cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
Today, 04:02 PM #
Systems Designer
Official Feedback Thread: Ranger Paragon Path: Pathfinder
Greetings Adventurers!
We are happy to announce that as part of Module 3: The Curse of Icewind Dale, we will be adding a second Paragon Path to Hunter Rangers – The Pathfinder.

Overview
The Pathfinder is a ranger who uses carefully timed strikes and preparation to aid allies and land devastating blows on foes.

The Pathfinder has the following Powers.

At-Wills
Ranged: Hunter’s Teamwork: You mark supplies that the enemy is carrying, marking them with Hunter’s Teamwork. If the foe dies while marked they drop supplies that any ally can pick up. Picking up these supplies heals all teammates and restores some Action Points. Only one foe may be marked by Hunter’s Teamwork at a time.
Melee: Careful Attack: You study your foe and foes near him, exposing weaknesses in their defenses. Enemies studied in this way deal slightly less damage and take bonus damage the next time they are struck.

Encounters
Ranged: Ambush: You gain Ambush and Stealth for several seconds. Ambush causes your next attack to deal bonus damage (this effect is reduced on AoE attacks). Ambush is cancelled early if you move. Stealth is cancelled early if you attack.
Melee: Bear Trap: Toss a massive Bear Trap at target location. This Bear Trap stuns and deals damage to any foe who steps on it. This Power has 2 charges.

Daily
Slasher’s Mark: Leap to your target with a Slashing Strike, marking your target. When you or your allies strike the marked target you restore Stamina or Guard Meter. Costs 100% of your AP.

Today, 04:03 PM #
Systems Designer
Class Features
Battlehoned: When you are attacked you gain 100 Regeneration for 4 seconds. This effect does not stack.
Pathfinder’s Action: Activating a Daily Power increases your Run speed and Deflection Chance for several seconds.
Cruel Recovery: When you deal critical damage to an enemy you gain 1% of your Max HP as special Temp HP.

Feats
Archery: Quarry: You deal 1/2/3/4/5% bonus damage to targets affected by your Hunter’s Teamwork or Careful Attack At-Will powers.
Combat: Advanced Stalking: Your Ambush power can now last .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds longer. Your Bear Trap now snares targets for .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds.
Nature: Slasher’s Speed: The Action Point cost of your Slasher’s Mark daily is reduced by 5/10/15/20/25%. Pathfinder’s Action’s movement buff lasts .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds longer.

In addition to the new powers above, several other powers are getting some fixes and changes to help them fit into their intended roles a little better.

Fox Shift: This power now only hits each target one time during its activation. Additionally, the power was erroneously ticking an additional time at the start of its activation and this has been fixed. To compensate for this change and the fact that the power now cannot strike a target more than once, damage has been increased by 33%.
Fox Shift: This power now correctly makes you immune to damage and control effects while you are jumping from target to target.
Thorn Strike: This power has been reworked slightly. This power now has a 5' cylinder (up from 3'), a 13' reach (up from 11'), and has had the damage bonus reworked. This power now gains increased damage as enemy health diminishes. Additionally this bonus has been increased to a maximum of 30% (up from 15%).
Forest Meditation: Rank 3 now correctly retains the Rank 2 bonus.
Split Shot: The damage of this power has been reduced by 45%.
Post edited by cayapp on

Comments

• millenniumogmillenniumog Member Posts: 38
    edited March 2014
    Sounds interesting, bIg hit to split shot. Would like to get it on test soon to try out though.
  • hadrielehadriele Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks to Split Shot, we're competitive in DPS against CWs/GWFs. With the 45% damage nerf, who's ever going to need HRs in parties? :) Doesn't look like there's any viable replacement for Split Shot.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The 45% cut to Split Shot just about killed the whole class. Unless there are some major buffs coming that aren't included in the notes.

Guess I won't be spending anything on my HR now.:(
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • hadrielehadriele Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've always been against re-rolling to the current FOTM (cough, GWFs) because I've always been a ranger class in MMOs. I'll be sticking to my HR, but will definitely not be happy. Despite Split Shot being as strong as it is now, we're still behind CWs and GWFs in DPS. Sometimes the nerfs devs make just don't make sense.
  • simplyawfulsimplyawful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10
    edited March 2014
    Most of the Pathfinder stuff is fairly situational, will have to see how useful it is when I get a chance to play with the new paragon.

However, very few people will get past the nerf to Split Shot, assuming it is confirmed to be correct.
  • xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Bear trap stun + constricting + dazeshot... i smell a nerf already!
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    45% You're taking the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Knee jerk reaction doesn't even come close ffs... :mad:
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Okay folks they want as many people to log into the preview server and feedback per the dev post. Here is one of the many posts of them wanting feedback.

Today, 04:03 PM #
    Systems Designer
    Feedback
    We need to collect as much feedback as possible. Given that, we would like you to categorize and color code your feedback so we can sort it and act on it most effectively! Please use the below format to submit bugs/feedback.

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
    Power: (Please enter the Power that you are providing feedback on here)
    Please use “Bold” face text for the Type & Power then type your feedback in the body of your post. If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use BLUE.
    (Concise Feedback & Screen Shots are much appreciated)

Examples:
    Bug: Slasher’s Mark
    I am not getting Stamina when striking a target who has Slasher’s Mark.

The heal feels too small to use in most cases, but the AP restore felt really good.

Please try to play for a few hours to get a good feel for new powers. Thank you again for all your help Adventurers! We look forward to hearing back from you!

Chris “Gentleman_Crush” Meyer
  • utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My only impression about these is:

Instead of trying to bring other at-will (rapid shot, electric shot) on par with split shot, they nerf split shot to those mediocre at-wills' level. How is that helpful for HR class which is struggling in competing at end-games???
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
    edited March 2014
    IMO the nerf is in more response to TRs and CW complaining we are doing too much DPS.

We HRs need to rally and get on the preview server and send tons of feedback.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't know if feedback will help. We have posted multiple lists of the powers that do not work and instead they chose to nerf two that did. Although I am interested in testing Battle Honed and Cruel Recovery. Could afford moving away from LS to more flat DPS. Not sure if it would be worth losing StormStep, TwinBlade, and StS.
    edited March 2014
    I need to re-copy my HR back to preview to test these out...and feed back like hell. And yes we have a lot of broke abilities.
  • killzoneexkillzoneex Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I haven't played my HR much over the last month. 45% reduction to split shot damage? Are they nuts? I guess they want to get rid of the remaining folks still playing HRs.
  • leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am a sad panda after reading those patch notes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • proqludumproqludum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited March 2014
    Well, I guess that's one of the ways to make Electric Shot more appealing.
  • trterror1trterror1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hahaha wow
  • taremanutaremanu Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I mean REALLY 45%? We are supposed to be a ranged striker. You take away Split Shot and like others have said leave us with mediocre at best range skills and you have turned the class into a half-a rogue.
  • alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    50% rogue, 50% cleric, 100% mediocre.
  • iroas007iroas007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is 100% BULL****

There is absolutely NO REASON for this nerf to cut our damage down to almost HALF! WHAT THE FK!!!!

Seriously, this class doesn't even have 3 paths yet and they are destroying the one **** at will that makes ANY sense to help with cleaning up the mass mobs..other than that it's useless!

Doesn't have a big impact in PVP, you have to use 2x the gear to get similar DPS as most other classes and now we will be TOTALLY USELESS!

I guess this is what you get for a free to play game that doesn't give a **** about its player base and wants pretty much a TANK WIZ AND HEALER to be the primary group makeup. Last time I checked the GWF kicks our *** in dps and oh ya hey have HEAVY METAL GEAR PROTECTING THEIR ***!!

This is ridiculous...absolutely uncalled for, not needed and a Class Killer! I have spent over $300 on this game with ZEN and blood sweat and tears and countless **** hours crafting and this is the reward ... this is ****ING BULL****!!!!

FIX THE ****ING CLASS!!! STOP BREAKING IT!
  • osaraxosarax Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Fellow HR lovers unite.. lets try our best to make this nerf not be real....most people in feedback topic seem to agree with what we all say... totally unreasonable HR changes.. specially the split nerf..
  • iroas007iroas007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have spent months testing different ways to play my HR. Countless AD's respec after respec....and they destroy the class to force us to try something different NOT BECAUSE WE CHOOSE!!! but because they say so. I mean for **** SAKES PERMA STEALTH ROGUES! HELLOOOOOOOOO DUMBDEVS have you looked at a OP situation with them? I mean what is it about this class that is so broken and struggle to do the dps that is required of us to even be considered for groups...you have killed us! You have completely and utterly made our AOE useless! I man outraged at this! This is bull****!!!!! I can't say this enough! BULL****!

TR's and CWs complaining bout our DPS .. WHAT THE **** PLANET ARE THEY PLAYING ON!!!

Seriously!!!
    edited March 2014
    osarax wrote: »
    Fellow HR lovers unite.. lets try our best to make this nerf not be real....most people in feedback topic seem to agree with what we all say... totally unreasonable HR changes.. specially the split nerf..

Pointless. Reading the dev's idea of balance makes it clear that they do not listen to feedback at all. As I have pointed out numerous times in these forums. If devs listened to feedback they would not do the things that they do. Our opinions mean less than dirt as far as the actual outcomes of updates...
  • osaraxosarax Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    Pointless. Reading the dev's idea of balance makes it clear that they do not listen to feedback at all. As I have pointed out numerous times in these forums. If devs listened to feedback they would not do the things that they do. Our opinions mean less than dirt as far as the actual outcomes of updates...

sad but true, just dont really wanna give up on this... would like to think devs can possilbly change their minds...guess we ll have to wait and see !
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, they have a long history of ham fisted nerfs to classes. Just ask anyone who played City of Heroes tanker and had to endure the double whammy of the global defense nerf (GDN) and enhancement diversification (ED). Pretty much gutted the class until they introduced enhancement sets, by that time much of the player base had quit.

And just like in that game, player feedback will probably mean nil to them. "Weknowbetteritis" is a common disease in that company.
    edited March 2014
    HR is the only reason I play this game. And I worked pretty hard to make it work. So I will try to enjoy the time we have until they break it then move to something else. It was actually warm out today so no gaming fopr a while should be a good thing.
  • vehementinaconvehementinacon Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    wow lower our main crowd controlling ability by half. We've already had a hard *** time trying to convince the public that ranger isn't useless and now you kick us in the family jewels with this? Our only useful damage shot is now aimed shot and we have to make sure we don't get hit for 2.5 seconds to use it. In a game where every fight is mob spam and aoe spam that's nine times outa ten pointless to use.

I'm glad I started playing less and less after the pvp update. This just made me uninstall and free up some hard drive space.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There is no way they could not have seen that split shot was 45% out of whack during testing, if this is indeed the case. They purposly left it in knowing they would eventually nerf it in order to sell packs and character slots. There is no other explaination other than just pure incompetance. We have been had, but it will be the last time this company screws me. It was hard enough to get groups before this, now we will be relegated to soloing.

You can bet your bottom dollar that the next character they release will get nerfed just as bad as this after they make thier initial money off of it.
  • trueredemptiontrueredemption Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I can't believe this, it seems to me that they might as well destroy the Ranger all together. They have just make him useless imho. Don't mean to sound like a big baby, but they have taken a struggling class and made it struggle more. I thought the game was the greatest game I have ever played online but this really erks me.
    edited March 2014
    Agreed, I have respected so many times to try and make it work then just when I think I have found something they **** it all up. I love my Ranger, but this may be the end of playing Never Winter. Really makes me sad.
    edited March 2014
    iroas007 wrote: »
    This is 100% BULL****

There is absolutely NO REASON for this nerf to cut our damage down to almost HALF! WHAT THE FK!!!!

Seriously, this class doesn't even have 3 paths yet and they are destroying the one **** at will that makes ANY sense to help with cleaning up the mass mobs..other than that it's useless!

Doesn't have a big impact in PVP, you have to use 2x the gear to get similar DPS as most other classes and now we will be TOTALLY USELESS!

I guess this is what you get for a free to play game that doesn't give a **** about its player base and wants pretty much a TANK WIZ AND HEALER to be the primary group makeup. Last time I checked the GWF kicks our *** in dps and oh ya hey have HEAVY METAL GEAR PROTECTING THEIR ***!!

This is ridiculous...absolutely uncalled for, not needed and a Class Killer! I have spent over $300 on this game with ZEN and blood sweat and tears and countless **** hours crafting and this is the reward ... this is ****ING BULL****!!!!

FIX THE ****ING CLASS!!! STOP BREAKING IT!

I could not have said it better myself. I'ts ****ing unbelievable, uncalled for, and totally unfair.