What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Curse of Icewind Dale Preview Patch Notes NW.15.20140314a.5

Comments

• Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    about gwf. ok, I liked how this change ssound . Increased the difficulty of the class and brought an internal synergy :D

Only lack see how it looks in practice. My problem is with this feat here:

"Destroyer's Purpose:. This feat now grants an additional effect When you deal damage while Unstoppable, you gain a stack of Destroyer's Purpose (max 20) Each stack of Destroyer's Purpose Increases your damage by 1% Destroyer's Purpose lasts 20 seconds..."

I hope this feat considers: hit 5 enemies = 5 stacks.

Until I earn this bonus - especially if I use a reaping strike - the cw will have cleaned everything before I dream of starting the fight.

would be interesting to slam causing critical now, anyway ... without bleed, with tenacity, what's the problem?

but I liked it, I liked it.
  • Options
    synozeersynozeer Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Another nerf to HR. Stormstep action only reduces CD by 1.5 seconds instead of 3, and if you use it within 10 seconds of another daily, then it's reduced in half again. Glad I started playing my GF again... oh wait, that's not an improvement.
    Guild: Chocolate Stand | Main: Hzarn (GF)/Danteel (HR) | Watch PvP Videos
  • Options
    deads6667deads6667 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Very, very sad to see nowhere in this list the fix to control wizard abilities that are not benefiting from the armor penetration stat at all in PVP right now. (Most Notably: Icy Rays, Ice Knife, Magic Missile the extra 2 strikes on 3rd Missile, Ray of Enfeeblement, Repel, Entangling Force and still others)
  • Options
    howdyyeowhowdyyeow Member Posts: 53
    edited March 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    Power Points!

Just like the points gained while leveling, these points can be spent on purchasing or ranking up powers up to the maximum rank of 3.
    Power Points will no longer be rewarded when the player gains enough to rank every power up to 3.

Please don't do this, the variation is already so limited in the game, and introducing this will just limit it even further.
  • Options
    xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Storm Warden
    Class Feature: Storm Step Action: Rank up benefit reduced to .5 seconds and now provides half its cooldown reduction if dallies are used within 10 seconds of each other.

I hope you are kidding.

Trickster Rogue
    Path of the Blade is now able to crit but damage has been reduced by 30%.

I hope you are kidding.
  • Options
    cenobite451cenobite451 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 87
    edited March 2014
    ****. My DPS was already mediocre by GWF standards. Now it's gonna suck. :p

I get that the minmaxers kinda needed the nerfs, but still...
  • Options
    kingjon555kingjon555 Member Posts: 46
    edited March 2014
    "Qualify by having at least two level 60 characters talk to Jarlaxle in Caer-Konig, the main town in Icewind Dale."

This makes no sense. Please no. If my class artifact turns out to be good, I want to earn it on MY class, on MY character, not by making an alt I will never use other than for this purpose. Make me do ANOTHER month of dailies, I don't care - earning something on one character by leveling a new one simply doesn't make sense.
  • Options
    kingjon555kingjon555 Member Posts: 46
    edited March 2014
    howdyyeow wrote: »
    Please don't do this, the variation is already so limited in the game, and introducing this will just limit it even further.

I beg to differ, more powers open without having to spend 200k AD = more people trying new setups. I really don't understand your conclusion. Giving everybody the eventual ability to gain every power sounds like MORE variation opportunities to me.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2014
    A disturbing lack of adjustments to the still in-every-way subpar GF class.
  • Options
    ramesesthecatramesesthecat Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Split shot 45% damage reductions is a total nerf! =(
  • Options
    howdyyeowhowdyyeow Member Posts: 53
    edited March 2014
    kingjon555 wrote: »
    I beg to differ, more powers open without having to spend 200k AD = more people trying new setups. I really don't understand your conclusion. Giving everybody the eventual ability to gain every power sounds like MORE variation opportunities to me.

Then to heck with it, remove the Retraining Token and introduce a Stat Reset token, since feats and boons can just be respecced using the AD option.

If everyone gets all the Powers that easily, then what's the point?
  • Options
    helloz2helloz2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 205 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    From what I've seen posted: fixed damage completely.

Got it, thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Glad that Path of The Blade is getting fixed for rogue, but there has still always been the issue that the skill does not proc weapon enchants. (I suppose now it would work with vorpal, but with weapon damage based enchants it still has never worked.)

Obviously that would increase the damage of it by a good amount since it has such a high hit count, so perhaps some kind of change would be necessary to compensate depending on how the skill performs with these changes, but it would be nice to get the skill functioning 100% properly. Giving it the ability to crit is a big fix though.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    godlysoul2 wrote: »
    Glad that Path of The Blade is getting fixed for rogue, but there has still always been the issue that the skill does not proc weapon enchants. (I suppose now it would work with vorpal, but with weapon damage based enchants it still has never worked.)

Obviously that would increase the damage of it by a good amount since it has such a high hit count, so perhaps another small damage nerf would be necessary to compensate, but it would be nice to get the skill functioning 100% properly. Giving it the ability to crit is a big fix though.

Also make Shocking execution ignore tenecity... Oh wait..:D
  • Options
    godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    xmousepadx wrote: »
    Also make Shocking execution ignore tenecity... Oh wait..:D

I'm of the opinion that SE should get a small damage nerf (could be done by making it respect tenacity or by other means) and then just making it be dodgeable. Or it should get a significant damage nerf and keep the ability to go through dodge. Personally, I don't think dodge ignoring is fair though.
  • Options
    slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    BYE BYE split shot, BYE BYE fox shift.

Oh and god **** it that GWF nerf.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    synozeer wrote: »
    Another nerf to HR. Stormstep action only reduces CD by 1.5 seconds instead of 3, and if you use it within 10 seconds of another daily, then it's reduced in half again. Glad I started playing my GF again... oh wait, that's not an improvement.

LoL. Well at least HR benefit from Emblem the most. GWF is gonna be completely balanced after this NERF.

And TR lol is gonna be god if they don't fix the stupid SE.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    xmousepadx wrote: »
    Storm Warden
    Class Feature: Storm Step Action: Rank up benefit reduced to .5 seconds and now provides half its cooldown reduction if dallies are used within 10 seconds of each other.

I hope you are kidding.

Trickster Rogue
    Path of the Blade is now able to crit but damage has been reduced by 30%.

I hope you are kidding.

Power/crit/recovery build owns lol. Stay perma stealth while killing things with POTB, SE when they are at 50%. AUTO WIN!!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    BYE BYE split shot, BYE BYE fox shift.

Oh and god **** it that GWF nerf.

BYE BYE stormstep, BYE BYE HR :D
  • Options
    ychiakiychiaki Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, look at what we have here, nerfing every useful atwill, encounter and class feature the hr has. Good way to kill the class.
    DC Divine Oracle Faithful
    HR Stormwarden Trapper / Stormwarden Combat
    GWF Swordmaster Destroyer
    CW Master of Flame Thaumaturge / Spellstorm Oppressor
    TR Master Infiltrator Executioner
    SW Soulbinder Fury
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Love my GWF. Now I will love my GWF even more! Mwahahahahahahaha! Can't wait to see what the class artifacts are so I can decide which one to get. Wonder if you can unlock them all. I have all 6 classes at level 60, just don't have them all done with the campaigns.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    helloz2helloz2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 205 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    kreatyve wrote: »
    Love my GWF. Now I will love my GWF even more! Mwahahahahahahaha! Can't wait to see what the class artifacts are so I can decide which one to get. Wonder if you can unlock them all. I have all 6 classes at level 60, just don't have them all done with the campaigns.

You should be able to according to this link.

Click here!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kreatyve wrote: »

It has likely changed, but I logged on to preview at one point during the PVP patch testing and I had the trickster rogue one from when they were briefly available during Module 2 testing and it had basically become an improved version of deft strike with a stealth attached if I remember correctly. Can't remember the stats but I think it was a lot of DPS ones. Whether it has stayed that way I don't know but it's at least a little more current than what was seen on Module 2 testing.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have a few maxed GWFs, and I am perfectly content with the Deep Gash change.

My PvP GWF will suffer a bit, but whatever, I will have fun with him either way...

But what I am reading from the Destroyer tree changes:

< animated gif/meme removed per the RoC >

I am super pumped!!! :D
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    BTW... Important question about the PvE/PvP Zones: Since they are on the same map/instance, will Companions affect characters in these zones equally during PvE/PvP?

Because if that is the case, whooooooo baby that's gonna make things really interesting! :D
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    vampirecavyvampirecavy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Okay, first off: my destroyer GWF is currently my favorite character to play, and no doubt this patch will be a sizable buff to her (didn't use vorpal before, so w/e). Deep gash will still do enough damage for me to want to keep it, so I'll keep it. However... those boosts to Executioner's Strike, Focused Destroyer, and ESPECIALLY Destroyer's Purpose, combined with the nerf to Student of the Sword, don't actually affect the Sentinel path like the patch notes say at all -it just nerfs Instigator, which nobody uses as it is. I hate to bait the nerf bat at my own character, but... eerrrgh, this might be a little too much ownage.

Second: As somebody playing a Nature path HR, I do like the new paragon path - but I would like to know what the cooldown is on the new daily. The combination of Slasher's Mark, Pathfinder's Action, and Speedy Slashing could potentially be a little ridiculous.
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    BTW... Important question about the PvE/PvP Zones: Since they are on the same map/instance, will Companions affect characters in these zones equally during PvE/PvP?

Because if that is the case, whooooooo baby that's gonna make things really interesting! :D

Yes, companions will help you with PVP in the new zone.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    wildfire5wildfire5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ranncore wrote: »
    A disturbing lack of adjustments to the still in-every-way subpar GF class.

Yah, I don't know. Even if the power levels work differently, the only subtype of GF which will benefit is the Conqueror, and that's still a huge maybe.

Honestly, I'm starting to think helping GFs just isn't as profitable for them. But then again none of this is final. Hopefully before the next module comes out there will be more info. But you know what? I'd love to at least get word that they are aware of the issue and are working on it.
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Watch every single reported bug and feedbacks in their respectives thread being sent/suggested, yet going to live and things being ****ed up. :/
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Would it be possible to make the Cache or Dread Ring Treasures give a smaller amount and take up the 4-day slot, or just leave both in as options? Newer players may appreciate having both options to speed up the advancement of both campaigns.

very much this
This discussion has been closed.