What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NW Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    hobieonehobieone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    it has happened in the past with another mmo where both the main serves as well as the backup server both went down. i remeber it happened to turbine on the old asherons call servers. and it was a severe thunder storm that took out the main servers and that backup servers.

so oods things can and do happen. besides i wouldn't say people are up in arms yet over this game. if you really want to see players up in arms goto diablo 3 forums when that server goes offline or if it experience any lagg for that matter
  • Options
    cdrjayde66cdrjayde66 Member Posts: 40
    edited March 2014
    East coast is down. West coast, Europe is up. I have asked if there is a way for us to select an alternate server...

really? i'm using the west coast and it still saying its down.....
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    East coast is down. West coast, Europe is up. I have asked if there is a way for us to select an alternate server...
    Europe is most certainly NOT up. Not surprising given that there is only one server cluster and it isn't in Europe.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    greydog2greydog2 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    azbbq wrote: »
    It's a network thing... router took a ****. Be patient...

I'm patient. Just got home from work ..patching up SWtOR to keep me occupied ;)
    I plan on living forever ..so far so good

Squadron 238
  • Options
    dronzaledronzale Member Posts: 36
    edited March 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    Hahahaha, well, there are worst shows out there, you'll survive.

yup, that's why im watching the channel with that and not other ones...

a list of inevitable things :

1. servers crashing on MMOs
    2. people who for some reason are amazed that servers crashes. and complain extensively about it.
    3. people who for some reason are amazed the people complain extensively about server crashes and as a result complain extensively about those people.

as an ancient elven matrix agent once said. it is inevitable.

just do the sad thing like the rest of us and keep refreshing this post every few minutes for updates... everything else is quite redundant.
  • Options
    hobieonehobieone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    One of my favorite experiences was being told to report phone service interruptions by calling the phone company.

Yeah with Cell Phones and neighbors it is possible but...yeah. Haha.

yeah, time warner has this same policy too lol! try to report a cable outage when you have your phone thru them! usually with them when a cable outage happens it takes the internet and phone with it.
  • Options
    marsambassadormarsambassador Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm also on the West Coast and down.
  • Options
    webwolf70webwolf70 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I confirm: Europe is down.
    Local time: 23:37
  • Options
    lizshirakolizshirako Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sidewaze wrote: »
    This is actually a bad sign, wrapped in a good message. The good is that openly, honestly, we're not sure when anything will be upright. The bad is well, the problem hasn't been found, diagnosed, solved for, and execution on a fix hasn't likely begun.

Good time to go save your marraige, re-bond with your kid, cook dinner for your girl/guy and get some brownie points. Or just read a book.

...or re-bond with your kid AND save your marriage by cooking a decent dinner for the significant other and your kid (even if the techs get access to the game back up before you finish, KEEP COOKING!)...and buy-or-make brownies as well!

Mmmm....browwwwnies..!

-liz
  • Options
    synslaughtersynslaughter Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    *Sends coffee, tea, munchies, and a squad of cheerleaders to the techie groups currently sweating it out over the down-time problems.*

You can do it guys. Just relax, retrace your steps, try to remember the last place you had your keys... no, wait. Wrong thing.

We know you're doing your best. Probably just a unicorn stuck in the carburetor or something. And thanks for extending the CtA for us!
    I have the ability to heal you. A shield to protect you. Blades to slay your foes. Magic! So I'm a tiefling, so what? We have a common enemy, and a common goal. Here, you can put ornaments on my horns if it'll put you at ease.
  • Options
    ironknights1964ironknights1964 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    One of my favorite experiences was being told to report phone service interruptions by calling the phone company.

Yeah with Cell Phones and neighbors it is possible but...yeah. Haha.

I have rotary phones in my Victorian. Imagine me calling someplace important, like the school, and automatically being told to press 1.
    :mad:
  • Options
    archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Just tryed loging in thru EU proxy (options enable proxy EU) still no dice same as other proxy and normal login stops at conecting to login server, im just happy they have said its a network issue means ppl shouldnt lose any progress on items or chars upto this point, cryptics always used same servers for all 3 of its games and the other 2 ppl do still sub for, but it sounds like its a larger issue effecting PW in general if what i gather reading thru this rather active tread is acurate
  • Options
    deuszeus1deuszeus1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bonus!!! i just found Aliens on tv... my evening just got a **** load better xD
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    I have rotary phones in my Victorian. Imagine me calling someplace important, like the school, and automatically being told to press 1.
    :mad:

Oh my god, thanks for that laugh. I never thought of that before.
    Somebody needs to incorporate that into a TV show or something.
  • Options
    derkesthai#1386 derkesthai Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    *Sends coffee, tea, munchies, and a squad of cheerleaders to the techie groups currently sweating it out over the down-time problems.*

You can do it guys. Just relax, retrace your steps, try to remember the last place you had your keys... no, wait. Wrong thing.

We know you're doing your best. Probably just a unicorn stuck in the carburetor or something. And thanks for extending the CtA for us!

I'd keep that squad of cheerleaders to yourself for now, it will only distract them from the task at hand. Send them when everything is fixed :P coffee and munchies will probably help ;)
  • Options
    jade456usjade456us Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Stuff happens and that's nice that the event is being extended a day....but I'm going to miss logging in for celestial coins and lose them all. Bad enough coal wards almost never drop any more, so how about fixing that for everyone?
  • Options
    benfields10benfields10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    fexchip wrote: »
    I mean why do I go buy $100 card to play if this is the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> i deal with

really? things happen servers go down. i believe this is on of the few time the server has been down unexpectedly in nearly a year so take a chill pill
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Well if they were being real wouldnt they come forth with a DNS failure? Or anything else to put those that pay a but ti be here to feel safe
    Im going to explain something to you, not EVERYTHING can be fixed Right away. There are times where TIME takes TIME to fix issues. They are WORKING on the issue to bring the servers, and therefore the game/games you subscribed to back up. Whether you pay for the game or not will NOT make it magically come back up. Not to mention, if they have yet to determine EXACTly what the issue is and have yet to implement solutions, they're not going to waste time getting hopes up if it turns out they are wrong. Just chill.
  • Options
    deuszeus1deuszeus1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I mean why do I go buy $100 card to play if this is the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> i deal with

If it makes you feel any better... you are not on your own? If that doesn't help... then suck it up... cause you already spent the money lol.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    its not like cryptic FORCED you to do it, you made that choice to buy that card. Besides, its not like the servers go down like this ALL THE TIME.
  • Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    a list of inevitable things :

1. servers crashing on MMOs
    2. people who for some reason are amazed that servers crashes. and complain extensively about it.
    3. people who for some reason are amazed the people complain extensively about server crashes and as a result complain extensively about those people.

This has made my day. Thank you.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • Options
    synslaughtersynslaughter Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    koyvar wrote: »
    I'd keep that squad of cheerleaders to yourself for now, it will only distract them from the task at hand. Send them when everything is fixed :P coffee and munchies will probably help ;)

You make an excellent point, good Sir or Madam.

*Edit care package to include I.O.U. for squad of cheerleaders to be redeemed as a reward for completing carburetor unicorn removal (or whatever the goofy thing actually is.)*
    I have the ability to heal you. A shield to protect you. Blades to slay your foes. Magic! So I'm a tiefling, so what? We have a common enemy, and a common goal. Here, you can put ornaments on my horns if it'll put you at ease.
  • Options
    yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well if they were being real wouldnt they come forth with a DNS failure? Or anything else to put those that pay a but ti be here to feel safe

I have this one supervisor at work that will often want you to give a lengthy explanation, in writing, as to why a certain problem has not been corrected yet... and cannot see why we all shake our heads... I am beginning to think we has something in common, i.e. they play Nwo and troll the forums with the same type of questions.

a dns failure like this could be at their isp, in which case they would have to wait on the isp to fix the issue... this is yet another scenario that has been presented that could be entirely out of their hands... so should they post a lengthy explanation if this is the case? no. even if this is entirely in their hands, i would not expect any explanation until the fix was in place. well, i would not even expect an explanation because once the server returns, i will not be on the forums...
  • Options
    ontrix1ontrix1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    foosbooty wrote: »
    Is there a server status page somewhere so I don't have to keep trying to reconnect every 5 minutes or so?

Yes, there is a page. The logon page has the server status in the upper left hand corner. It will show red when down and green when up.
  • Options
    historicalmanhistoricalman Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I agree it's frustrating, but this is the nature of online play. Maybe in 10 years the internet technology will catch up to the MMO technology (which i doubt), but until then we have to put up with these occasional disruptions. What sucks is it happened on Friday when all us old or single or parent players were really looking forward to geeking out. Pray for resolution!
  • Options
    greydog2greydog2 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Should have spent a wee bit more and got the GTX 660 ..I'm loving mine :)
    I plan on living forever ..so far so good

Squadron 238
  • Options
    ontrix1ontrix1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I agree it's frustrating, but this is the nature of online play. Maybe in 10 years the internet technology will catch up to the MMO technology (which i doubt), but until then we have to put up with these occasional disruptions. What sucks is it happened on Friday when all us old or single or parent players were really looking forward to geeking out. Pray for resolution!

Yes, I was looking forward to geeking out. I just wish this had not happened on a Friday. :mad:
  • Options
    lizshirakolizshirako Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    well, i would even expect an explanation because once the server returns, i will not be on the forums...

Would you believe I have used traffic spikes on a forum database as an alert trigger before? "Oops, everything looks line but posts just quintupled. Let me read that quick and see if it's a Drama Llama thread or a problem I'm not seeing yet..."

Rely on silly people in the RIGHT ways and they can even be helpful!

-liz
  • Options
    jtomikajtomika Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2014

Well said. I've just come from STO forum, that server is down too. It's now a 100 pages topic! :)
  • Options
    ironknights1964ironknights1964 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Although from an economist stand you are intelligent, you are a large part of the problems surrounding this game and it's economy also.

I am but one part of the market. I do not force people to buy. People buy because they want. If you must complain about me selling keys, complain about the want of the consumer.

Supply and demand. There's a niche there for enterprising people.
This discussion has been closed.