test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disable enchantment visuals

13»

Comments

• tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'd love to have a slider so you can chose the level of effect applied, so if you have a perfect you can choose perfect, greater, normal, lesser of off but if you have a lesser, you only get lesser or off. Similar to the way the companion skins work.

I'd have the option disabled in PvP, you enchant is forced at it's max setting.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    I'd love to have a slider so you can chose the level of effect applied, so if you have a perfect you can choose perfect, greater, normal, lesser of off but if you have a lesser, you only get lesser or off. Similar to the way the companion skins work.

I'd have the option disabled in PvP, you enchant is forced at it's max setting.

Great idea!
  • shrewguyshrewguy Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Or simply have it so the enchantment effects only display while in combat. So if I'm standing atound in Protectors enclave, I can see my nicely dyed armour with no annoying black smoke ruining the look. But when I go into combat, the armour starts to smoke up and my weapon starts to glow, so people can see what enchants I have.
  • godlysoul1godlysoul1 Member Posts: 293 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I love this idea, even for pvp. It will make people less likely to quit or complain about others "buying wins". I also like the fact that it would add more strategy not knowing what others are using. On another note, it completely makes any cosmetic armour/weapon transmuting, as well as dyes, completely useless once you start getting to higher rank enchants. I want my gwf to look like an actual swordfighter. It is going to be a little hard to do that when my armour is shining bright blue with weird glyphs dancing around it, as well as when my sword is sparkling blue....Not very authentic from what I understand unless I am misinformed.
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    For the love of god can we not let another great idea be ruined by the ridiculous notion of how it'll affect PvP?

It truly boggles the mind when I constantly read about how PvP "is all about skill and tactics" then read a bunch of posts from people crying about how they should be able to know what the other person has. Nevermind the fact that you cant tell which rank enchantments I have or the fact that I can wear fashions to hide my armor or the fact that I can already disable my helm and cape visuals. No, the game breaker here obviously is the fact that you wont know what weapon/armor enchantments I have.

How will the game ever survive.
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    snotty wrote: »
    For the love of god can we not let another great idea be ruined by the ridiculous notion of how it'll affect PvP?

^^ This. And, I am Sune's cleric, it IS important how do I look. What if I lose Her favour due to some disgusting enchantment visuals, huh?
  • kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    swarfega27 wrote: »
    The trick is to start with a single colour dye. Not a dye pack. Then just before you confirm, swap in the dye pack of choice.

I tried this and it still didn't work for me. It would get the dye and the weapon on the change appearence tab together, but the change button stayed greyed out.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    This is an interesting callout. We'll look into it!

Please add this option. If they have to be enabled in PvP for the sake of giving our opponents a chance to adapt to our gear, so be it. But in PvE and running around, I hate having to buy two suits just to not look like a tesla coil all the time.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • maddogrenomaddogreno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I really hope we have in future possible disable the visual enchantment effect on our armor and weapons because them make game ugly in sometimes. Or even make them much lesser to see. PLEASE! ;-)
  • artaxdarkmaneartaxdarkmane Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I totally agree with the OP on this ... the enchant effect completely spoils the look of many outfits. Even worse I didn't even know the effect was there until I decided to change the coloring of my character. Seems the effect was the same primary color as most of my clothing so it was invisible until I changed it. After spending the coin to make that change I'm really not happy.
    The Buried Temple
    NW-DAZ2F74LW
  • godlysoul1godlysoul1 Member Posts: 293 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Old thread, but still fantastic idea... I want to make/play a gwf that looks legit, not like something covered in a tree with a sparkling shiny sword.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    merged a revived thread with a current one... still a viable topic.
  • reddevilbsreddevilbs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is still pain in the .... back. Like many before me said, that soulforged, especially, ruins all efforts to make your character look as you want to. I play female drow and it should be elegant good-looking-pointy-ears-white-hair-creepy-efl-like creature, but she looks like burning barrel with toxic waste. It doesn't matter how much you transmute or dye - effect is equal to zero, only waste of AD.
    I partially agree tt at PvP is better to have a look at enemies enchants, but if there is an option to disable effect at PvE, when you enter PvP map, can be something like force enable of that effect.
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    reddevilbs wrote: »
    This is still pain in the .... back. Like many before me said, that soulforged, especially, ruins all efforts to make your character look as you want to. I play female drow and it should be elegant good-looking-pointy-ears-white-hair-creepy-efl-like creature, but she looks like burning barrel with toxic waste. It doesn't matter how much you transmute or dye - effect is equal to zero, only waste of AD.
    I partially agree tt at PvP is better to have a look at enemies enchants, but if there is an option to disable effect at PvE, when you enter PvP map, can be something like force enable of that effect.
    That's so true.
  • slaaneshihorrorslaaneshihorror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 88
    edited March 2014
    For the love of God, yes please.
    These enchantments really are an awful eyesore.
    And really do make investing in dyes and transmutes pointless on a lot of levels.
    Greycloaks Bank Manager - Malanael Corventus.
  • benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Needs to be an option to disable the visuals on other players as well. Soulforged looks too much like ITC and makes it difficult to see when a TRs immunity from ITC ends. This is a gameplay issue and not just cosmetics.
  • leonus15leonus15 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I support this thread too.
    And about the PVP and knowing the enchants the enemys use, it could be solved by creating a status to each enchant. I know it already happens with Soulforged, because I can know people of my team have it as there is a status icon near the life bar. If all enchantments had this status icon, we could know the enemys´s enchant just watching the status at their life bar.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    snotty wrote: »

It needs to be accounted for, as the sheer volume of sulking, flouncing and screaming if it isn't will be worse than that time when they threatened to nerf the heck out of TRs. It's a quality of (everyone else's) life thing.
  • kuyabaykuyabay Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2014
    Signed. I know it's in the works, but yeah, just throwing in my support for this option.
  • slaaneshihorrorslaaneshihorror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 88
    edited March 2014
    I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here too. Just expanding on my reason for disliking the current visual effects. Odd as it is to say, the visual eyesore of weapon and armor enchantments do ruin the game for me in some respects. I spent quite a bit of time earning AD, and even bought some Zen, to transmute and dye my gear, just to have all that work be devalued because my Soulforged consumes all of it. At the same time, I don't want to unslot my soulforged, because again, I did put a lot of time and effort into getting and upgrading it. It lessens the fun for me somewhat, because I worked hard on both aspects of my character only to have them clash and ruin each other visually. Now I won't say the time or money I've put into my soulforged, or my armor's appearance was wasted. And I know this isn't a top of the charts fix; not by a long shot. It does, however, cheapen the work I put into visually customizing my character, and gives me much less incentive to, say, invest in dyes or costumes from the zen shop ever again. I'd have no dicernable reason to spend money on a costume or dyes if the enchantments in game greatly lessen their intended purpose.
    I am glad it's on the radar. I just wish there was some notion of when this change will be implemented. I think that is what is bothering people most. Not having even a rough frame of time for this change.
    Greycloaks Bank Manager - Malanael Corventus.
  • tryglitrygli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    /Signed

Need to type something because /Signed wasn't long enough to post.
  • serpentzminionserpentzminion Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Devs- any chance this is in the works for us anytime soon? Would like to disable the annoying white-blue sparkly effect the vorpal is giving to the Spellbook that I xmuted my orb to. Would like it to just look like a regular old tome...
  • vaulwynvaulwyn Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Seriously need to let us disable these effects, they are a system strain and for many of us they look terrible. If it is disabled locally then it effects no one else others would still see it.

This would be an improvement, personally I don't want others to see it, I choose my armor and dyes for a reason and they are being ruined.
    GF - Sigh
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Its probably a good time to bring this up again as in don't lock for necro.
    People have wanted this since the game was made.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey Rogers Reddit AMA already stated: don't hold your breath on it.
    Translation: Aint gonna happen.
    May as well kill the thread.
  • puravidacrpuravidacr Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Old thread
    Bump
    Please
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    As this is a issue that is still in the game and still influencing player experience i think this should be discussed...

Yo are loosing on fashion spendings aand on player satisfaction....

And really how hard is it to code it as the code is already there when mounted?
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12