Install Arc

Voltomey's Survival Combat PvP Build

1235»

Comments

• voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    jonkoca wrote: »
    Hey V.,

Been running your build for a week or two, and cranked my gs up to about 13 and a bit, added a soulforge too (I've been seriously grinding the auction and the dailies). An amazing success so far. Tonight for example I frequently withstood everything a group could chuck at me, and managed to kill both opponents even one against two. The high point was getting the most kills in a match where it was just me, and a teamate who just camped out by the fire, against 5 enemy.

In short, your build rocks. Tomorrow I should have the ad to buy another piece of forest lord for the 450 recovery bonus, then I'm going to up my ap and power and become a true monster. ;)

you cool but when the new pvp gear come out the build will change gear wise
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • syrisdavirus242syrisdavirus242 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 35
    edited February 2014
    Speaking of the new gear what out of the 3 sets do you think would be the best?
  • kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I am looking at 4 pc combat + archer weapon set to offset low Crit and ArPen, and then stacking defense to at least over 2K elsewhere.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    voltomey wrote: »
    I was Wood elf with 18 dex 15 wis 15 str. My final stats unbuffed are 24 dec 21 wis 17 Str
    I really do not have same stats as you and I created mine as Hybrid PvE/PvP Ranger. I am only level 5 Ranger since free player and busy developing gs for 3 max level characters. That said all these "guides" are interesting since I don't agree with them 100%, but I guess it is subjective taste and at the end or day there are many good builds with slight variations.
  • shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    2 points in con doesn't make that much difference in the long term. With how high apen is for HR gear, it's easy to fill in the gap with enchants.

The main point of survival is to kill them before you die. 200 more hps is not going to make or break a build.
  • elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    shadow5930 wrote: »
    2 points in con doesn't make that much difference in the long term. With how high apen is for HR gear, it's easy to fill in the gap with enchants.

The main point of survival is to kill them before you die. 200 more hps is not going to make or break a build.
    If talking about enchants then silver enchants giving recovery bonus is cheapest on Auction House and INT raises recovery.
  • zargorius666zargorius666 Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    shadow5930 wrote: »

More like 800 - isn't HP 2% for each CON point?
  • shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Ok.. 800.

Point I'm making still stands. That's not going to make that much of a difference in the end game. Since that can easily be made up with what, 1 enchant? :)
  • venarxvenarx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So how's this working out for you in new pvp patch Voltomey?
  • jzthedragon1jzthedragon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Wanted to thank you for this excellent build. I'm fairly new to the game and just got off GWF once I realized how overcrowded they are. This looks like the kind of off-beat, interesting thing I can run with.
  • quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    anyone still using this build? Wondering how it stacks up now that the dust has settled from the pvp patch.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    anyone still using this build? Wondering how it stacks up now that the dust has settled from the pvp patch.
    I'm using something very similar and it works like a charm for me.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • jzthedragon1jzthedragon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is the 17 strength suggested in the OP something to strive for or is the stam regen fine a few points lower? I may try putting extra into wisdom if it doesn't hurt the build.
  • magoguitarristamagoguitarrista Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105
    edited June 2014
    What are the stats Prior, is this build updated? IF is not, whats the most updated build for HR...
    Thanks...
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Isn't this thread way out of date for module 4?

My Rangers have Trapper instead of Nature, for example.
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Indeed it is outdated. There are no survival builds anymore, because with new meta, every class is toast when more than opponent approaches.

On the other hand, in priciple, a very similar build is currently the best way to go in pvp. It focuses on survival as well via lifesteal and is full combat.
    But havent seen any good guides about it.