test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Voltomey's Survival Combat PvP Build

Comments

• brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited December 2013
    Man, I wish this was a wiki so it would be easy to spot the changes.
  • northe1northe1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    voltomey wrote: »
    For this build a higher con roll would have ben better thats why makes halfling are better at running builds like this they have the con for it makes it so you have to stack less hp.
    In your ranger guide you list 2 recommended rolls Halfling
    This Race Has Dex Con Cha Bonuses
    High Dex Deflection Build Roll 18 Dex 15Wis and 13 con Thats 25Dex 22 Wis and 16Str Buffed
    Con Build 17dex 14con and 15str with 13wis Put everything in Con and Wis and that will give you 21con 20wis/Dex and 18str Buffed
  • voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    northe1 wrote: »
    In your ranger guide you list 2 recommended rolls a deflection roll and i think a higher con roll which do you think is better suited for this build?
    The Con roll Personally there to many ways to get deflection and radiant enchants aren't cheap.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • northe1northe1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The Con roll Personally there to many ways to get deflection and radiant enchants aren't cheap.

You have been a huge help,Thank you
    edited December 2013
    Sigh all i am missing is flipping forest lord Gloves and the damned DD chest is not dropping HR gear wtf i hope this loot problem gets fixed
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Patch notes in the testing area says loot issue getting fixed. queue issue getting fixed, some tweaks to ranger skills. I'd recommend going to take a peek. :)
    edited December 2013
    I dropped the 10% run speed from my build btw natures blessing is just to good not to have i have 2 snares a large gap closer mbilitys is not a issue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    this ended up being a kind of guide to melee rangers lolz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    What's your take on FotM GWFs with cookie cutter Sent spec? I can't find a way to come up on top, unless I get to r10 Darks and 3 epic artifacts for Def slots, allowing me to enchant on offense.

I have no trouble with good geared GWFs, but I do have trouble with the AMAZING gear GWFs. And they seem to be everywhere for some reason.

Thoughts?
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
    edited December 2013
    You run there's really nothing you can do against overgeared GWF especially the one's packing elven battle enchantment thers nothing and i mean nothing that you can do against them sadly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    You know the bad thing is, that they are everywhere. Yesterday I kept track of my games since I farm for the Bloodskull. I played 32 games. All PuGs since I solo queue.

6 of them were premades. People left on the first minute, no 1v1 was offered and fun was had by all. From the rest of the games 21 (yes that's twenty one) had at least one GWF with a known guild tag that was cookie cutter sent/regen/deflect that was wrecking havoc in my (most of the times) average 10k gs team.

Whenever I went 1v1 with them, I could only stall them and make them not kill me for more than 2 minutes, while I managed to get them down to 30% TOPS. That's without SF-Bloodskull mind you.

And I am talking 3 uses of Forest Ghost/Fox, good kiting and some lucky moments of 1v1 without 3 CWs free casting in my head.

So yeah, I think that there's not much to do against them. Which is quite sad, since they are the flavor of the month class.
  • martianmnhuntermartianmnhunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    nature heal feat doesn't affect regen, tested on preview shard, please confirm.

also I'm not sure why you think meditation is bugged, it gives 100% deflect + CC immunity at lvl 3 therefore working as intended.
    edited December 2013
    Natural heal does not work with regeneration or pots or Life steal. It's only heals towards you, which is DC heals or any other heal that can come from other players. Costed me and a friend of mine 200 Zen to confirm.

Meditation is bugged in combination with Stormstep action. The daily does exactly what it says, but the odd thing is that each healing tick procs Stormstep action since it counts as an activation for the daily. We don't know if this intended or not, but it sure is odd.
    edited December 2013
    Oh so it doesn't work for regen then well i gues ill keep my run speed then lolz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    Ok then ill have to edite the guide again natures blessing isn't worth having if its not gonna work with regen which is a shame
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ok then ill have to edite the guide again natures blessing isn't worth having if its not gonna work with regen which is a shame

I would say it is still worth it since it magnifies other healing effects. You gain a much greater benefit from a quick dash through a blue circle or from hitting someone with an astral seal on them.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

edited December 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    I would say it is still worth it since it magnifies other healing effects. You gain a much greater benefit from a quick dash through a blue circle or from hitting someone with an astral seal on them.

True hum i realy do wish it wold work with regen though lolz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    True hum i realy do wish it wold work with regen though lolz

True, and that would be rather fantastic. But it's a pretty solid choice for any build that is ever in a party, so seems kind of a standard for PvP. Went from nearly dead to almost full life after blasting a few enemy players who were astral sealed. Love that DC at-will. :)

• shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I could just imagine split shotting a full enemy team that all have seal on them. The healz would be delicious!
    edited December 2013
    shadow5930 wrote: »
    I could just imagine split shotting a full enemy team that all have seal on them. The healz would be delicious!

Works well with Aimed too. :)
    Aimed +Aspect of the Falcon + Astral Seal + very high ArPen + CW who clearly didn't think about anything defensive = dead enemy CW and fully healed HR. :)

edited December 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    True, and that would be rather fantastic. But it's a pretty solid choice for any build that is ever in a party, so seems kind of a standard for PvP. Went from nearly dead to almost full life after blasting a few enemy players who were astral sealed. Love that DC at-will. :)

Wait, wait !!! You teamed up with a DC while PUGing?

Screenshot or it didn't happen.

Lately they are as rare as Whisperknife rogues.
    edited December 2013
    I've been too busy playing my HR to play my DC.

That said, I play a DPS DC and use seal all the time to aid as much as I can. I'll definitely make doubly sure that I keep seals going to aid the HRs. :)
    edited December 2013
    Wait, wait !!! You teamed up with a DC while PUGing?

Screenshot or it didn't happen.

Lately they are as rare as Whisperknife rogues.

Are you sitting down? Because you should be when you read the next line...

I even PUG'ed with my DC several times! :)
    (meaning playing my DC, not playing two chars on the same account at the same time)

edited December 2013
    **** I thought that I was the only one I did!

Add me in game so we can use our DCs when the other is running a Damage dealer.

Sorry for the derailing, back to you Volt.
    edited December 2013
    My MC key finally finished so now i can start working on the next two pieces of gear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    What's your take on FotM GWFs with cookie cutter Sent spec? I can't find a way to come up on top, unless I get to r10 Darks and 3 epic artifacts for Def slots, allowing me to enchant on offense.

I have no trouble with good geared GWFs, but I do have trouble with the AMAZING gear GWFs. And they seem to be everywhere for some reason.

Thoughts?

Hey mate,

I spent some time last night dueling one of one the two min maxed geared Sentis from my guild last night. Each duel lasted between 8-12 minutes. With a win in duel one to me, purely because I used Forest ghost and Fox shifted him twice, procced soulforged and Fox shifted again.

The second one he got, as I wanted to see how things would work differently without Using SSA. The second duel went for much longer, with both of us pushing each other down to soul forged a couple of times. At the moment, we don't have an easy answer for them. (But then again, neither does any other class tbh), and I am not counting the way roots work currently. As that is clearly not intended.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
    edited December 2013
    I am getting quite found of Aimed strike in my rotation now the bleeding tick can do nice dmg i got the timing down so i can cast it during the fox shift animation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • them1sterturtlethem1sterturtle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    V -

What are the best PVE and PVP weapon/armor enchants for this spec?

Vorpal for Weapon PVP/PVE?

Elven Battle for PVP? Barkshield PVE?
    edited December 2013
    V -

What are the best PVE and PVP weapon/armor enchants for this spec?

Vorpal for Weapon PVP/PVE?

Elven Battle for PVP? Barkshield PVE?

Soul forge for this spec and vorple
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    \m/__O__\m/ Greater Plaguefire for Combat!!!