What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

please stop twinking in lower level pvp brackets

Comments

• Options
    overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I think the ancient mulhorand weapons and your skill are a good compromise already.

Having quadruple the gearscore is too much imo

I don't disagree. This is a min/max game, people will take everything as far as they can.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    God.... Buy those purples and pwn everything yourself, I can't get the problem. My friend started to play NW as a HR, she reached lvl 48 and said that she wants to create new HR and lvl it only through PvP. And at lvl 48 she had enough AD to buy Mul mainhand, offhand and cloak with a couple R5s. With that gear (bear in mind that she played for less then 1 week) she topped score board in 90% cases and got Head Hunter before lvl 50. I can't say that this is anything but l2p issue.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    yeah f*** new players man, we all know mmos have a permanent player base that never change and will always stay in game. Why would we even want inexperienced people to bring new life to a game that is full of enterpricing OP guys
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    God.... Buy those purples and pwn everything yourself, I can't get the problem. My friend started to play NW as a HR, she reached lvl 48 and said that she wants to create new HR and lvl it only through PvP. And at lvl 48 she had enough AD to buy Mul mainhand, offhand and cloak with a couple R5s. With that gear (bear in mind that she played for less then 1 week) she topped score board in 90% cases and got Head Hunter before lvl 50. I can't say that this is anything but l2p issue.

You expect a new player who is level 19 to have enough diamonds to purchase 5x rank 10 enchants?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    "OMG, I'm getting killed in pvp, let's nerf everything."

When I first started to play this game I had nothing to compete in pvp. I was running green quest gear, I didn't realize WTF I was doing. I looked for some guides, asked people in PE and discovered some ways to be better.

I leveled my CW to lvl 60 and in the very first match G.tenebrous TR was killing me from 100 to 0 by throwing x12 CoS without leaving stealth. Then I started to work out my gear and skill, I farmed enchantments and became better.

I have met CW in all purples at lvl 30+ that was spamming lightning and shield without targets nearby and I have met CW that scored 20/4 in blue and green gear.

BTW, I've only met once through thousands of pvp matches I played before lvl 60 that twink with R10s. I don't mind losing that game. Just stop QQing.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's not a complaint about dying in PVP per se. It's a complaint about losing in PVP at the hands of characters who have an unearned advantage *at that level*. Vorpals don't drop in quest zones and there is no way low-level toons are able to farm enchants to make R7's, let alone R10's.
    Then I started to work out my gear and skill, I farmed enchantments and became better.

Lowbie chars CANNOT farm Vorpals or R10's.
  • Options
    godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    overddrive wrote: »
    I shamelessly run my HR through lowby pvp with a greater vorp, mul weapon and offhand and cloak, the highest lvl purple belt I can find, rank 7's and otherwise all pvp gear. I win most matches but not all of them. The more limited the end-game content, the more you are going to have twinking because lvl 60's with nowhere else to really progress are going to get creative rolling new classes and experimenting and these new chars are going to be twinked.

Twinking is the payoff you get for leveling an untwinked character agains twinked players for 60 levels. You put more time and energy into it, you get a reward that others who have not yet put the time and energy into it. All new people in any area of life what so ever start a a disadvantage. Go into a church bingo hall some thursday night and complain about twinking to the 80 year old ladies who have been playing there for 50 years and who can run 20 bingo cards at a time when you can barely manage 1.

Struggling from a disadvantageous position through the ranks vs those in advantageous positions and then finally having an advantage yourself is called.....life. Welcome to it. :D

Your reasoning behind this is flawed. You say the reason you do it is because there is lack of progression/content. Yet, you only use rank 7s, greater enchant, ect. I assume your artifacts and possibly boons are not maxed out either. You still have very much to grind in order to get into top tier pvp at lv 60. Not to mention the next module is going to be PvP based, and the updates now give plenty of things to grind for from lv 60 pvp. To me it seems like a matter of not willing to work rather than "earning" your "payoff" against new players. There is no pride in killing new players with things that they cannot obtain. Not to mention these are players who still do not even know how to play the game properly. Not to mention you are literally driving away new players from the game. I believe the analogy of shooting yourself in the foot applies here. At level 60 everyone is given equal opportunity to grind and earn gears in a reasonable amount of time and unless one is too lazy or not skilled enough in pvp, there is no reason why they should have to abuse an unfair advantage against players who haven't learned the game yet to enjoy winning it.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    It's not a complaint about dying in PVP per se. It's a complaint about losing in PVP at the hands of characters who have an unearned advantage *at that level*.
    How is it unearned? Is there someone I don't know about giving these out for free, because otherwise Johnny earned whatever he used to buy his new char all this fun stuff.

That being said, I definitely think the addition of Mulhorand gear is stupid and new players getting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in L 10-19 people because someone has 1500 GS instead of 300 is a huge turn off.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    It's not a complaint about dying in PVP per se. It's a complaint about losing in PVP at the hands of characters who have an unearned advantage *at that level*. Vorpals don't drop in quest zones and there is no way low-level toons are able to farm enchants to make R7's, let alone R10's.

Lowbie chars CANNOT farm Vorpals or R10's.

First off, at low lvl P.vorpal and R10s barely give you any advantage. You crit for 3000 LB instead of 2500? Wow, huge difference. The only thing that gives high advantage is Mulhorand weapons as at that lvl characters scale the best off weapon's damage.

Second,
    charononus wrote: »
    Give me a break, that new player would have zero chance if the experienced player was naked.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    xelliz wrote: »
    How is it unearned?

Lowbie chars cannot farm Vorpals or R10s. So someone else had to provide that character with these advantages. The advantages were not earned by the character itself. So brand new players already start out at a disadvantage that cannot be overcome by farming alone.
    First off, at low lvl P.vorpal and R10s barely give you any advantage. You crit for 3000 LB instead of 2500? Wow, huge difference. The only thing that gives high advantage is Mulhorand weapons as at that lvl characters scale the best off weapon's damage.

When a character might only have 3k HP total, that makes a difference.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    When a character might only have 3k HP total, that makes a difference.

Stop exaggerating. When a character has 3k hp LB hits for less then one thousand and P.vorpal would give it hundred more damage.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Lowbie chars cannot farm Vorpals or R10s. So someone else had to provide that character with these advantages. The advantages were not earned by the character itself. So brand new players already start out at a disadvantage that cannot be overcome by farming alone.
    So because I have 10M AD on one chars, I am not allowed to use any of this to help another one of my chars? So glad there are people here to tell me that I have apparently been cheating by doing this. Before Mulhorand, people buy their new chars all the best blues that char can use, but I guess this is unearned too...you know because we're not allowed to share our spoils with our own chars.

Look, I'm not arguing that running around with Perfects and R10 on a lowbie is not a good strategy for keeping new players, but you're argument about being "unearned" because the char didn't get it is bad. I guess all those people who bought account mounts are terrible people too and those who bought HOTN packs or anything else like that.
    Stop exaggerating. When a character has 3k hp LB hits for less then one thousand and P.vorpal would give it hundred more damage.
    Actually normal crit severity is 75% so 1k normal would be an extra 750 dmg. So having a perfect vorpal adds another 50% which is another 500 dmg on that regular 1k hit.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    And just for notice as I'm not gonna keep unproductive discussion - this is F2P game, and in a F2P game people who spend real money have an advantage (most of the time huge). All the stuff you're complaining about can be bought from AH. So you, as a fresh new player, spend some cash and voila! your character's running around oneshotting people with wide smile on his face.
  • Options
    godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    And just for notice as I'm not gonna keep unproductive discussion - this is F2P game, and in a F2P game people who spend real money have an advantage (most of the time huge). All the stuff you're complaining about can be bought from AH. So you, as a fresh new player, spend some cash and voila! your character's running around oneshotting people with wide smile on his face.

You expect someone new to the game only 19 levels in to spend $20 per ~700k AD for high rank enchants, ancient weapons, greater/perfect wep/armor enchants which all cost millions of AD just to match others in pvp which is in a bracket intended for beginners that people are intentionally abusing by leaving to avoid xp gain? Seems reasonable. I'm sure most beginners will shell out ~$100+ to enjoy PvP that early into the game rather than find a new game that would provide more balanced PvP.
  • Options
    lazureelazuree Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Everyone here's talking about unfair advantage?
    The fact that pvp at that level is always split into brackets of 10 levels is unbalanced in itself. When I first turn level 30 and have to fight the same class who is 9 levels above me of course they have an advantage. But it was my choice to queue, so I really don't have any complaints. The upper level people will also have higher base damage and gear with more stats but it does not make a significant enough of a difference or we would've seen people complaining about that long ago.

The only difference that truly matters is base weapon damage. Weapon enchantments are really not as significant as everyone makes them out to be. You can easily out dps someone with a P vorpal just based on spec and skill.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    "OMG, I'm getting killed in pvp, let's nerf everything."

When I first started to play this game I had nothing to compete in pvp. I was running green quest gear, I didn't realize WTF I was doing. I looked for some guides, asked people in PE and discovered some ways to be better.

Too funny that it has to be a joke. Did you just compare you levelling up when you first started to what people have to go through today? You joined on May 2013.

NOBODY was twinking at that time.

There weren't any ancient mulhorand weapons. NOBODY had rank 10 enchants on all gear.

You weren't fighting against people with rank 10s at level 19 in May 2013. Complete stupidity for anyone to compare those 2 situations.

The advantage should be player skill and should probably end there at lower levels
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    lazuree wrote: »
    Everyone here's talking about unfair advantage?
    The fact that pvp at that level is always split into brackets of 10 levels is unbalanced in itself. When I first turn level 30 and have to fight the same class who is 9 levels above me of course they have an advantage. But it was my choice to queue, so I really don't have any complaints. The upper level people will also have higher base damage and gear with more stats but it does not make a significant enough of a difference or we would've seen people complaining about that long ago.

The only difference that truly matters is base weapon damage. Weapon enchantments are really not as significant as everyone makes them out to be. You can easily out dps someone with a P vorpal just based on spec and skill.

I don't see the levelling brackets to be too big of a gap tbh.

Also, why complain about a 1000 GS disadvantage when you have some twinkers having quadruple your gearscore. I think we should focus our attention there. If the devs intended that, then so be it. I am just commenting on the situation that low level PVP is in.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I don't see the levelling brackets to be too big of a gap tbh.

Also, why complain about a 1000 GS disadvantage when you have some twinkers having quadruple your gearscore. I think we should focus our attention there. If the devs intended that, then so be it. I am just commenting on the situation that low level PVP is in.

That was my point... it's not a big deal... NONE OF IT is a big deal.
    The upper level people will also have higher base damage and gear with more stats but it does not make a significant enough of a difference or we would've seen people complaining about that long ago.

Also test on PTR whether having r10s vs r7s vs r5s truly makes that big of a difference
    I have myself, it does almost nothing...it is the weapon's base damage.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    That was my point... it's not a big deal... NONE OF IT is a big deal.

Depends on the level. 10-19 and 20-29, complete rank 10 set, mulhorand weapons does matter a lot.

My guildmate 5v1 the whole team all the time with ease because he almost has the same gearscore as the other team.

It doesn't matter to you or me since we already have our level 60s and we can compensate for this with experience and skill, but to new players coming in it is a big deal imo.

You aren't outplaying them, or enabling them to learn the ropes with tactics. You are facerolling their entire team with little to no skill involved.
    You kill them even before they see you. I don't consider that earning your dues as some people here like to call it.

But you now what, enough of my guildmate. This gives me an idea. Let me try this experiment and make a character equipped with rank 10s. Let me see how it truly goes at low level PVP. Thread detailing this coming up soon.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

I don't particularly *want* to be able to twink and faceroll lowbie pugs. It's poor sportsmanship and it's not terribly fun. Why do you think it could possibly be done to enter a 'competition' with the deck so heavily stacked in your favor? I suppose this is part of the PVP mindset that I just don't get.
  • Options
    pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thing is, -59 pvp was the most balanced and enjoyable part of pvp, that was because at those lvls, lvl itself was a good balancing filter. Now it s just another instance without any kind of filter like at lvl 60. If the lvl itself isn t going to mean anything, then is always a good thing to add some other kind of balancing system. And i m not a new comer i have 7 60 chars, with high ranks and whatnot, and still the most enjoyable part was low lvl pvp
  • Options
    hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The best pvp I've ever experienced in any MMORPG was GW1. Gear had nothing to do with it, it was all about selecting the right powers and knowing how to coordinate with your team ( i.e. SKILL )

The best solution for pvp in this game would be to take gear out of the equation. Give everyone a standard set of stats based on their class once they enter the pvp zone and let the best players win. Not the best gear.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Depends on the level. 10-19 and 20-29, complete rank 10 set, mulhorand weapons does matter a lot.

My guildmate 5v1 the whole team all the time with ease because he almost has the same gearscore as the other team.

It doesn't matter to you or me since we already have our level 60s and we can compensate for this with experience and skill, but to new players coming in it is a big deal imo.

You aren't outplaying them, or enabling them to learn the ropes with tactics. You are facerolling their entire team with little to no skill involved.
    You kill them even before they see you. I don't consider that earning your dues as some people here like to call it.

But you now what, enough of my guildmate. This gives me an idea. Let me try this experiment and make a character equipped with rank 10s. Let me see how it truly goes at low level PVP. Thread detailing this coming up soon.

If the newbies were smart they would stay away from the player who is a threat and cap points... it's stupidity that leads people to die thinking oh, we can totally take this guy 1 v 1... nope
  • Options
    slintashslintash Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    If the newbies were smart they would stay away from the player who is a threat and cap points... it's stupidity that leads people to die thinking oh, we can totally take this guy 1 v 1... nope

The only stupidity here is two things.

One - Half of you expect NEW PLAYERS to somehow know how to play a PvP mode that they have never/hardly played in before.

Two - They're a lot of people that think it's "no big deal" that you are able to 5v1 people in PvP due to your "twinking"

Do i really need to explain to you all WHY people lose interest and leave this game? You're doing the exact same thing as in hearthstone (Rank tanking), and they have a thread every HOUR complaining about it and people leaving by the hundreds. This is no different.

If you want to ROLFstomp new players, make them feel mierable, and make them quit, then you have ZERO right to complain when you have no new blood in the game, and the game dies. You are ruining it by your own elitist attitude, and you know what, you deserve it.
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014

Yeah... I've fought against entire twink teams in lower levels.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Stay away from that experienced player with a tier 3 mount who is hogging 1/3 of the objectives?

By the way, the best GWF (which I would presume players who are twinking) are able to simultaneously go back and forth between 2 nodes in a matter of seconds
  • Options
    texy1texy1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The best solution for pvp in this game would be to take gear out of the equation. Give everyone a standard set of stats based on their class once they enter the pvp zone and let the best players win. Not the best gear.

This.
    Some of the best PvP games I ever had in NW were GvG "naked" (no gear or enchants, just a green weapon).. ahh..those were the days
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    texy1 wrote: »
    This.
    Some of the best PvP games I ever had in NW were GvG "naked" (no gear or enchants, just a green weapon).. ahh..those were the days

Unfortunately, they make money off people that buy their gear to be cool in PvP, I've never seen a F2P game that didn't do this.

1. You can buy all the gear immediately after first starting to play. If you don't do this - it's your problem.
    2. Why should anyone that first started to play be equal to an experienced player?
    3. No enchantment or mix of them give any real advantage, only thing that really matters - weapon damage.

In league of Legends exist a term Smurf - "A smurf is a low-level account belonging to a summoner who also has a high level account, usually a level 30. The smurf account is matched up with low level players once again because it is a new account." There are no difference between players, everyone is exactly the same. But those smurfing players destroy lowbies. Because of skill. And forums filled with whine about that.

Once gear difference would be taken off of the pvp, people will start to whine about experienced players stomping them. There's always be a reason to whine.
  • Options
    overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    pprandom wrote: »
    yeah f*** new players man, we all know mmos have a permanent player base that never change and will always stay in game. Why would we even want inexperienced people to bring new life to a game that is full of enterpricing OP guys

A successful MMO gains more players than it loses every month, and each of these go through the same cycle:
    *nub- powerless, helpless, clueless, gearless
    *New player- somewhat less of each.
    *Experienced player- at least 1 strong well geared toon, knows how to play Multiple classes.
    *Vet- Multiple strong characters (alts) knows how to play multiple classes well, and who's level of gear and skill at his main class is elite to the point where he is in the top 5% of the best players of that class.

Experienced players and vets generally twink their alts. The point is level 60, not how you get there as long as it is fast. Twinking truly takes place when an alt gets to level 60 because then you can really stack and spec the character according to your original vision of it. A vision that evolved as you learned the game and discovered potential in classes that seem at least somewhat unique to you.

Designing a character that is both original AND optimal is the holy grail of MMOs.

Take that away from people who actually are PAYING customers who foot the bill for every other players that pays nothing, and/or from those who have put that much time, energy, ad thought into te game...not good gaming sense, not good business sense.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • Options
    texy1texy1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    overddrive wrote: »
    A successful MMO gains more players than it loses every month, and each of these go through the same cycle:
    *nub- powerless, helpless, clueless, gearless
    *New player- somewhat less of each.
    *Experienced player- at least 1 strong well geared toon, knows how to play Multiple classes.
    *Vet- Multiple strong characters (alts) knows how to play multiple classes well, and who's level of gear and skill at his main class is elite to the point where he is in the top 5% of the best players of that class.

Experienced players and vets generally twink their alts. The point is level 60, not how you get there as long as it is fast. Twinking truly takes place when an alt gets to level 60 because then you can really stack and spec the character according to your original vision of it. A vision that evolved as you learned the game and discovered potential in classes that seem at least somewhat unique to you.

Designing a character that is both original AND optimal is the holy grail of MMOs.

Take that away from people who actually are PAYING customers who foot the bill for every other players that pays nothing, and/or from those who have put that much time, energy, ad thought into te game...not good gaming sense, not good business sense.

Agreed on all points :)