test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

please stop twinking in lower level pvp brackets

irked01irked01 Banned Users Posts: 91
edited July 2014 in PvE Discussion
It happens in every game I have played and the same thing happens people get mad hate pvp and it eventually only twinks play each other and they complain because they have to wait extended periods of time to play. (serves them right)

1: A twink at level 10-19 pvp bracket with epic (purple) weapons/offhand and neck with belt and I thin rings that have slots for enchantments with level 9-10 enchants = can't be killed at all against 5 players who are regular non twinks. This takes all the fun out of playing and 1 player can win it for the entire team.

2: I would say only rank 2-4 (max) enchants in the 10-19 bracket and let it go up from there until 50+.

3: I don't want to hear from those who like to twink as you are the minority trying to ruin it for the majority.

4: Please get this under control before it really gets out of hand.

Thank you for your time.
Post edited by irked01 on

Comments

• rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So in effect you're demanding that the devs create a bracket for people who opened lockboxes and for those who didn't? Yeah, that's not very likely.

Look on the bright side, you'll very quickly level out of that range and once you're at higher levels it simply doesn't matter.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• irked01irked01 Banned Users Posts: 91
    edited March 2014
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    So in effect you're demanding that the devs create a bracket for people who opened lockboxes and for those who didn't? Yeah, that's not very likely.

Look on the bright side, you'll very quickly level out of that range and once you're at higher levels it simply doesn't matter.

Actually in almost every single MMO were Twinking was an issue it ended with only twinks being able to play each other. Noone likes playing against twinks (cept the few twinks that actually like challenges) most people who twink do it because they do not want a challenge.

Lockbox's also have very little to do with it as anyone can twink if given the time and money investment, just the MAJORITY of the player base has no interest in twinking.

Don't you get tired of hearing the same excuses????? You will very quickly level out of that range? Heard that excuse in every MMO this has been an issue in.... It should not be an issue yet it is.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    irked01 wrote: »
    It happens in every game I have played and the same thing happens people get mad hate pvp and it eventually only twinks play each other and they complain because they have to wait extended periods of time to play. (serves them right)

1: A twink at level 10-19 pvp bracket with epic (purple) weapons/offhand and neck with belt and I thin rings that have slots for enchantments with level 9-10 enchants = can't be killed at all against 5 players who are regular non twinks. This takes all the fun out of playing and 1 player can win it for the entire team.

2: I would say only rank 2-4 (max) enchants in the 10-19 bracket and let it go up from there until 50+.

3: I don't want to hear from those who like to twink as you are the minority trying to ruin it for the majority.

4: Please get this under control before it really gets out of hand.

Thank you for your time.

Imagine boons were not gated behind lvl 60, now that would be fun low level - PvP.

• twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    rabbinicus wrote: »

Twinks have a serious advantage at any sub 60 level, and they level just as fast as everyone else (maybe a little faster). It's not like they can not take a level and stick around a particular sub level indefinitely, and if you can't rock 8-10's for your enchants from the get go, you won't be picking them up on your way to 60 either.

Does the new matchmaking system come into play at sub 60 levels? If so, the twinks will just end up playing one another after a few levels. Hopefully.

Personally, I don't get the allure or entering a match where you have little to no chance of being killed. It's like turning god mode on in a game. Sure, at first you're all "look what I can do", but after a bit, it just gets boring.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    twstdecho wrote: »
    Twinks have a serious advantage at any sub 60 level, and they level just as fast as everyone else (maybe a little faster). It's not like they can not take a level and stick around a particular sub level indefinitely, and if you can't rock 8-10's for your enchants from the get go, you won't be picking them up on your way to 60 either.

Not true - there was a post from a twink in this forums who was gloating about how he could log in for his PvP ROFLstomping and simply quit near the end to avoid XP gain.

I think that either the purple scaling gear users should only face each other (scan items in inventory when the player hits accept) or they shouldn't introduce any more.

Otherwise having new players ROLFstomped early on in PvP will probably lead to them not bothering staying.
  • twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Not true - there was a post from a twink in this forums who was gloating about how he could log in for his PvP ROFLstomping and simply quit near the end to avoid XP gain.

I think that either the purple scaling gear users should only face each other (scan items in inventory when the player hits accept) or they shouldn't introduce any more.

Otherwise having new players ROLFstomped early on in PvP will probably lead to them not bothering staying.

I'd like to think players like that are few and far between. Seriously, what do they get out of that? I will never understand why they want to do that, unless they can't hack PvP at 60 and need an ego boost. At least, with idiots like that, you level past them.

The purpler gear isn't really a problem on it's own, it's a slight advantage, but the weapon enchant slot and the low cost to remove enchants in general, allowing players to run with very high level enchants on their gear present the most advantage I would think. I think people see the purple gear and expect high level enchants.

I leveled my GWF up, mostly through PvP, using the purple main & off hand because I didn't want to run through every area all over again searching for new gear every few levels. I played around with a lesser frost enchant to see how well it worked mechanically, but I never passed any other enchants to my character, and only slotted what I found/refined on my own. Every time I bumped up into a new bracket, I'd run through the highest area I could to grab some new gear and then jump back into PvP.

I did run into an entire team of twinks quite a few times, and they were particularly annoying. It's bad enough that you feel the need to run around completely outclassing everyone else gear wise, but when you feel the need to talk trash to other people about how awesome you are (based around nothing more than being 10-15 levels higher gear wise than everyone else), it doesn't make you look cool, or even good at PvP, it just makes you look foolish. From that aspect, yeah, I can see it totally see how running into those kinds of players/groups could give someone a sour taste in their mouth for PvP.
    edited March 2014
    Some players will eventually ask (actually think they have already asked) to have a way to turn XP off. Some people like lowbie pvp and others like high end. Problem is low level pvp with twinks is never a good idea, and causes frustration and keeps new players away.

Just hope someone at Cryptic will see this and pass it on, for it needs to be fixed before it becomes a huge problem.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Twinking keeps people that have already hit max level and played for a while invested and playing in the game especially with the bland leveling content that most mmo's have.
  • haldan1968haldan1968 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is why I won't PvP. I had enough of that unbalanced twinking thing in WoW to last me a lifetime. I used to do a lot of PvP, and even made myself believe that I was enjoying myself.

I tried PvP here in Neverwinter once, and quickly realized that it was just like WoW in regards to the twinking issue. So I’ll pass. The rest of the game is great, and fun, but I'll leave PvP to others. I don't need the drama, the tears, or the frustration.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I have a few guildmates who purposely do this because it is fun according to them.

They make a new toon, equip it with their own rank 10 enchants and a perfect vorpal and all purples/blues.

One thing the devs could do as OP said is limit the ranked enchants per level so that level 10 folks cannot use rank 10 enchants
  • pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Level is a pointless value in this game, the only value that matters is GS. Epic weaps and armor enchants should grant some GS too; as well as the chara s HP.
    In the end the only way to balance out any instance of an equpiment based MMO is to compare GSs. Most charas of a certain lvl will have similar Gs, but if they are way off; like having rank 8s, purple equipmnts or epic enchants; they should be paired with characters of similar GS, even if they have higher levels. And if a higher lvl takes away their armor or whatever, they ll still have the GS of boons, and their hp. That will keep the challenge for everyone.
    edited March 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Twinking keeps people that have already hit max level and played for a while invested and playing in the game especially with the bland leveling content that most mmo's have.

Well then perhaps we should have a system that takes these people and lets them only play each other...... I know what will happen though........... They will cry and complain because their que times are long because whether they will admit it or not the MAJORITY of players do not like twinks or to twink.....
  • lazureelazuree Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tbh twinks are not a big deal...
    not gonna lie i lvled up with a plaguefire enchant on my tr while the others toted their p vorpals. if they are not good players (ie cap points, bad game mechanics) it's not too hard to beat them.

Even on my dc with lvl 14 gear at lvl 30 pvp it was fine, just lvl up with a friend:)

gear is not a huge deal
  • inskeeainskeea Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    haldan1968 wrote: »
    This is why I won't PvP. I had enough of that unbalanced twinking thing in WoW to last me a lifetime. I used to do a lot of PvP, and even made myself believe that I was enjoying myself.

I tried PvP here in Neverwinter once, and quickly realized that it was just like WoW in regards to the twinking issue. So I’ll pass. The rest of the game is great, and fun, but I'll leave PvP to others. I don't need the drama, the tears, or the frustration.

I couldn't have said it better myself! After a few PVP matches with my first couple of characters, I stopped altogether. No fun. Now the Foundry quests - even the ones that need repaired, or otherwise won't let me finish - really set NW apart for me.
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I leveled a DC and GF, two of the slowest (go take a DC through Icespire by yourself on a 50% mount) and at times hardest leveling characters in the game and I done it almost entirely solo, especially the GF. Now I rolled a GWF - because I believe I have earned the right to play easy mode for a while - and thanks to the hard work done on my DC and GF I bought myself the Mulhorand gear and slotted it with enchants because, quite frankly, I want to level as fast as I can and it is working, so I ain't interested in any crying.

As for PvP, I still lose and die. Two nights ago myself and my team were massacred by an HR that was playing his character like a champion. I killed him once, he killed me 4 times.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • trapublicantrapublican Member Posts: 206 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I don't see the problem with it. I always leveled my chars in pvp and never had any weapon enchantment above a lesser and my other enchants were all r5 or r6s and I was crushing ppl in r9-10s and perfects and getting rage messages all day long. Up your level of skill and then you'll realize that just because someone outgears you doesn't mean that it's an autowin for them.
    edited March 2014
    I don't see the problem with it. I always leveled my chars in pvp and never had any weapon enchantment above a lesser and my other enchants were all r5 or r6s and I was crushing ppl in r9-10s and perfects and getting rage messages all day long. Up your level of skill and then you'll realize that just because someone outgears you doesn't mean that it's an autowin for them.

Well the thing is, this is affecting new players, not experienced ones who are levelling their alts.

It is one thing to tell new players that they have to get better in their playtime at level 60, it is another to expect them to compete against people with literally 4x their gearscore and experience after 3 hours of playing a brand new game
  • deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited March 2014
    First off: theyre not "twinks" you actually cant twink in NW because you gain large amounts of XP via pvp, and dont lose xp on death, thus the problem from twinking has already been solved. You are unable for example to stay at lvl 19 just to pvp lower leveled and lower geared players.

Secondly: The issue you're having is not with the pvp system, or players but a item that was introduced a while back via lockboxes which gave players epic items that leveled with them (And is on par at 60 with higher end T1 items) so of course players and shoving high end enchants into them for a advantage. Even with these weapons and items pvp is still very do-able...I have used them and played against them without.

lastly: "minority ruining it for the majority" and you know this as fact? This line alone ruined any creditability your complaint may have had...I personally like a challenge, if they feel superior after dropping their mastercard attack so be it.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well the thing is, this is affecting new players, not experienced ones who are levelling their alts.

It is one thing to tell new players that they have to get better in their playtime at level 60, it is another to expect them to compete against people with literally 4x their gearscore and experience after 3 hours of playing a brand new game
    Give me a break, that new player would have zero chance if the experienced player was naked.
    edited March 2014
    First off: theyre not "twinks" you actually cant twink in NW because you gain large amounts of XP via pvp, and dont lose xp on death, thus the problem from twinking has already been solved. You are unable for example to stay at lvl 19 just to pvp lower leveled and lower geared players.

This statement alone discredits you as that is not true... People can simply leave the match right before it ends thus not getting any xp. All most people need are 2 twinks and the 30 minute ban is almost non-existent. I have a couple of friends who did that until they moved on to another game.

Also yes I can guarantee that the majority of the player base do not like twink or twinking (proof is in EVERY SINGLE MMO that has ever allowed it. That is like saying Dark Matter doesn't exist when we all know it does. Just because you can't see something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    This definitely needs addressed in some manner. It is completely unfair and an abuse of the system if you are going to be intentionally leaving matches to avoid gaining xp and leveling. The only thing it does is turns away new players from pvp. Thankfully the leaver penalty will now prevent twinks from re-quing for 30mins since they need to leave matches to avoid leveling, so it is a start for now.

The problem isn't even entirely twinks though. The fact that people can move high rank enchants onto beginner accounts and use them in PvP is the real issue that makes low level pvp a damaging experience for newer players. It may just be someone leveling an alt without the intention of "twinking".
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Twinking now makes PVP unenjoyable at all levels, not just at level 60.
  • devaneiodevaneio Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    Twinking now makes PVP unenjoyable at all levels, not just at level 60.

^^^
    I would prefer to level up my new characters doing Bill's Tavern a million times than going to PvP
  • overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I shamelessly run my HR through lowby pvp with a greater vorp, mul weapon and offhand and cloak, the highest lvl purple belt I can find, rank 7's and otherwise all pvp gear. I win most matches but not all of them. The more limited the end-game content, the more you are going to have twinking because lvl 60's with nowhere else to really progress are going to get creative rolling new classes and experimenting and these new chars are going to be twinked.

Twinking is the payoff you get for leveling an untwinked character agains twinked players for 60 levels. You put more time and energy into it, you get a reward that others who have not yet put the time and energy into it. All new people in any area of life what so ever start a a disadvantage. Go into a church bingo hall some thursday night and complain about twinking to the 80 year old ladies who have been playing there for 50 years and who can run 20 bingo cards at a time when you can barely manage 1.

Struggling from a disadvantageous position through the ranks vs those in advantageous positions and then finally having an advantage yourself is called.....life. Welcome to it. :D
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
    edited March 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Give me a break, that new player would have zero chance if the experienced player was naked.

They would have a chance in 2v1.

Now if you give that experienced player epics, rank 10s and perfect armor enchants, that would lead to a 5v1 and still that one person would survive all 5 players

I say the first scenario is still better and even though the new player would lose, still wouldn't make for such a horrific experience
    edited March 2014
    overddrive wrote: »
    I shamelessly run my HR through lowby pvp with a greater vorp, mul weapon and offhand and cloak, the highest lvl purple belt I can find, rank 7's and otherwise all pvp gear. I win most matches but not all of them. The more limited the end-game content, the more you are going to have twinking because lvl 60's with nowhere else to really progress are going to get creative rolling new classes and experimenting and these new chars are going to be twinked.

Twinking is the payoff you get for leveling an untwinked character agains twinked players for 60 levels. You put more time and energy into it, you get a reward that others who have not yet put the time and energy into it. All new people in any area of life what so ever start a a disadvantage. Go into a church bingo hall some thursday night and complain about twinking to the 80 year old ladies who have been playing there for 50 years and who can run 20 bingo cards at a time when you can barely manage 1.

Struggling from a disadvantageous position through the ranks vs those in advantageous positions and then finally having an advantage yourself is called.....life. Welcome to it. :D

Yes and when it gets nerfed and your wait times are 30-60 minutes because you can only play similar players no whining as that is LIFE as well.....

Don't worry though eventually it will get fixed and you will be QQing all the way home....
    edited March 2014
    overddrive wrote: »

I think the ancient mulhorand weapons and your skill are a good compromise already.

Having quadruple the gearscore is too much imo
  • mooselee68mooselee68 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We really need a new word for this behavior. Calling it twinking is just...horrible wrong.

This sounds like any regular lvl 60 match vs a stacked premade, which we all deal with everyday. If your first battle at node 2 reveals a beast of a team, don't cap at all and make the twinks take a fat zero. At least then it'll be a waste of time for everyone and not just for the losing team.
    edited March 2014
    mooselee68 wrote: »
    We really need a new word for this behavior. Calling it twinking is just...horrible wrong.

This sounds like any regular lvl 60 match vs a stacked premade, which we all deal with everyday. If your first battle at node 2 reveals a beast of a team, don't cap at all and make the twinks take a fat zero. At least then it'll be a waste of time for everyone and not just for the losing team.

A stacked premade will have double your GS and skill level at best.

You will face people who have quadruple your GS and skill (due to new players who literally haven't played this game for more than a couple of days)
  • overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    irked01 wrote: »
    Yes and when it gets nerfed and your wait times are 30-60 minutes because you can only play similar players no whining as that is LIFE as well.....

Don't worry though eventually it will get fixed and you will be QQing all the way home....

If I no longer enjoy a game I find a game I enjoy. No qq'ing there, unlike the rest of this thread.

Oh, btw, almost anyone who complains when they are at a disadvantage will also happily put others in the same disadvantage as soon as the opportunity presents its self.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF